New Back box inside.JPG
Done 4.JPG
Done 3.JPG
Before 1.JPG
german_kiss.jpg
kiss_protyp.jpg
pinball_kiss_order_form.JPG
image.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Just wondering how many Pinsider's have the KISS machine. I've been a huge KISS fan all my life and of course that machine is on my wishlist. Would love to see and hear some KISS machine rescue stories

#2 10 years ago

I found one in an auto repair place a couple years ago. It was dead missing the rectifier/ transformer with the usual MPU acid crap. I bought it from the owner did a quick resto and now play it regularly. It's not the best pinball machine for a pinhead but for the KISS army it is a must. No true Bally collection can exist without KISS, now if I could just find a decent Globtrotters on tour I would have all the great early Bally machines.

#3 10 years ago

Did you mean to post this in the EM forum?

#4 10 years ago

I've got one, but only because it's kiss and looks cool next to the Stones pin. No fun to play in my opinion, even shopped out and looking pretty just sitting there each day. I've owned four total and still have this first one that I bought since it was the best condition one out of all of them.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 10 years ago

I've had mine about 7 years. I'm a very big KISS fan. I like the machine and enjoy playing it. But, I am actually trying to sell it right now. Just time for a change I guess, can always get another down the road. So if anyone out there is looking?? I have Decent one for sale. Probably about a 7.5 out of 10. Works 100 percent. PM for details and pics.

#6 10 years ago

Opps, I guess I did post this in the wrong forum, sorry

#7 10 years ago

We do. Found it while on a road trip through the southwest one winter. We somehow fit it in to the back of a Jeep Wrangler 2 door with the top up. Drove around for another week with it back there.

I'm a big KISS fan too, btw...

#8 10 years ago

Me

#9 10 years ago

Had the opportunity to pick a really nice one up for $300 in 95/96 (from a retailer, even), right before the reunion tour happened. Was in an upstairs apartment at the time, couldn't imagine the idea of moving the game up the stairs - ha! Regret passing that up to this day.

#10 10 years ago

Funny you should mention this. When I was 15 I bought one for $300 and that was in 1989. Have had it this whole time and has alway worked. I got into arcades 3 Years ago. Did not get the pin bug until TPF in 2012. I saw a restored Kiss. Made up my mind to restore mine. Of course since I would not have a pin to play I had to get one to play while I was restoring it. 5 pins later I am now putting the finishing touches on my Kiss. Nothing fancy about Kiss but when set right it is just a fun fast game. Maybe that's just the Kiss fan in me as most don't care for the game play.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 10 years ago

We have a KISS at the PinCrossing and I love it. I can play A list pins all day (MB, METLE, IJ, ToM, LOTR, CV, etc) but I always walk over the the early SS games and play KISS when I want a good challenge. If I'm in the right groove I can flip it but if I'm off I'm lucky to get 100k...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from sta98:

Opps, I guess I did post this in the wrong forum, sorry

Moved to all pinball sub forum for you OP.

#13 10 years ago

My first concert in January '77 . . . my first pin in July '13. Played the heck out of this one back in the day so it was always a "must have" at some point. I happened to mention to a dealer friend of mine that I was looking for some pins and he asked what I was looking for (KISS, Playboy and EK). He said that he had a KISS machine, that he wasn't trying to sell it but would, so I guess it was fate.

I've had a great time fixing it up, playing it and teaching my tweens how to play pins! Not sure why some rain on the play--get some vertical drop, some new rubbers, wax the field and all's good IMO.

#14 10 years ago

Wow, some great KISS pin stories here, thanks everyone for sharing. I too hope to have it in my collection one day...at a reasonable price TigerLaw, thanks for moving it.

#15 10 years ago

Still have one KISS. For a long time I had two but sold one to a fan
of the group a while ago. Not on my 'favorites' list but a hard pin to
find in original condition so I'm hanging onto it for now. If someone
in this area (SF bay area) is interested in a swap for a DMD pin LMK.
Steve

#16 10 years ago

I've owned a half dozen over the years and still have two. Ones the German version while the other is the standard one. I can still remember back day seeing the picture of the pin in the Dynasty tour book (you'd get from the show) and thinking how cool it would be to own one someday.

#17 10 years ago

I sold some of my old KISS memorabilia to a local guy who's a complete KISS collector freak--not saying that's a BAD thing--a few years ago and we've stayed in touch occasionally since then. At one point he had SEVEN KISS machines!! He's down to four at this point. I called him before buying mine to see if he wanted to sell one of his but he was content to sit on them. Two of his have various band members autographs on the back glass and apparently one needs a lot of work, which he was keeping for a winter project.

BTW, I paid $1500 for mine. It's not perfect, but I would say it's an eight. Back glass has a couple of very minor issues and the field is a lot better than most I've seen. The red is pretty faded on my cabinet but I don't have any plans to redo it, at least for now. All my time is going into my EM San Francisco at the moment.

#18 10 years ago

JoeinNJ - So is the only difference in the German and US version the logo? Never seen a picture of the German Logo backglass. Learn something new about KISS collecting everyday

#19 10 years ago

Tusla_Times - sounds like that guy is in deep! You have to learn to stick with just collecting certain things with KISS or you'll be broke and "out on the streets for a living" in no time!

#20 10 years ago

One of the KISS albums had a flyer to win a pinball machine; can't remember which one.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One of the KISS albums had a flyer to win a pinball machine; can't remember which one.

Probably the solo albums.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from sta98:

JoeinNJ - So is the only difference in the German and US version the logo? Never seen a picture of the German Logo backglass. Learn something new about KISS collecting everyday

The backglass is different, as is the whole playfield's lettering. It's an oddball that most people don't run across to often.
There was also a talking version at one time but only a few were ever made. Someone here on pinside owns that version and was able to get it up and running again.

#23 10 years ago

I have a few Kiss machines!

#24 10 years ago

I have 6 of them

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Clark S. emailed me and said it was Dynasty.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

The backglass is different, as is the whole playfield's lettering. It's an oddball that most people don't run across to often.
There was also a talking version at one time but only a few were ever made. Someone here on pinside owns that version and was able to get it up and running again.

So there was a talking version? Did it run a tape or something? Never heard about that. Do you have any pics of the German version, would love to see it. thanks!

#27 10 years ago

Clark S. emailed me and said it was Dynasty.

Here it is.

pinball_kiss_order_form.JPGpinball_kiss_order_form.JPG

#28 10 years ago

So there was a talking version? Did it run a tape or something? Never heard about that. Do you have any pics of the German version, would love to see it. thanks!

Yes, there was a talking version.

It was digital, no tape.

Check out the great circuits:

kiss_protyp.jpgkiss_protyp.jpg

#29 10 years ago

German Kiss

german_kiss.jpggerman_kiss.jpg

#30 10 years ago

you can see my answer in the poll

#31 10 years ago

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!

#32 10 years ago

When you tilt the Talking KISS, it says "too much rock n roll"....super cheesy fun.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you tilt the Talking KISS, it says "too much rock n roll"....super cheesy fun.

Do you own the talking version?

#34 10 years ago

Here is video about talking KISS

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Do you own the talking version?

No, I have a regular one.

They sell for $6000 for the wood one, not even the super rare fiberglass cabinet one.

#36 10 years ago

Gene Simmons has one

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here is video about talking KISS
» YouTube video

Vid1900, great video. Thanks

#38 10 years ago

I love the look of the game, but the game play looks to be a bit lacking (a nice way to say boring). I'd only get one if I fell into a great deal. Not enough room in the stable to have a game that's only good to look at.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Probably the solo albums.

It was the KISS album Dynasty which included a KISS pinball machine flyer.

I'm positive as I was 9 yrs old at the time and stared at the flyer for hours - also that LP was LAME!

It was the only pic of a pin to drool over in grammar school other than the Elvis ripoff Brunswick in the Sears Wishbook.

3 weeks later
#40 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your stories and info..
I have a Kiss.. wish i would have gotten one
20 years ago when the price was low. ha ha
paid 2700 for it. i rate mine about a 8 on the
cab and playfield.. backglass a perfect 10.. game
play is nothing special but the artwork and flashing
kiss logo keeps it interesting. plus i like kiss. i was
10 years old in 1979 when i first played kiss.. i collected
alot of bally iconic games over the years.
I have my kiss beside my Guns N Roses and
Evel Knievel.. also have a Lost World
and Harlem Globetrotters.. still in search of
a Playboy. but seems like the price is
climbing just like Kiss

#41 10 years ago

If any one has a nice example for sale let me know. My boss is a big kiss fan and has been asking me to find him a nice machine for a while. Id like to get him something he can play with low maintenance, so something refurbed most likely.

#42 10 years ago

Here's a KISS pin on ebay in Lower Michigan:
ebay.com link: Bally Kiss Pinball Machine Arcade Works New Board

$900

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from sta98:

Here's a KISS pin on ebay in Lower Michigan:
Ebay link
$900

Good price for now....

#44 10 years ago

Sounds like the playfield would have to be redone though.

#45 10 years ago

Sold my KISS 12 years ago. Never missed it.

It was good for conversation among guests, but that was about it.

Got tired of watching it collect dust and thought that someone else should enjoy it.

Sold it to some guy out in California who worked for the music industry.

#46 10 years ago

I bought one, 2 months ago .
Never played for this moment , because the MPU was dead.
Fixed the MPU. Some guys said the gameplay is not so fun .

I'll see .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56198463@N02/9116430435/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56198463@N02/9118648576/in/photostream/

#47 10 years ago

Nice collection ib45! Love the Buck Rogers pin and the Light Sabers on the ceiling

3 weeks later
#48 10 years ago

I have one. Bought in 94 for 800 bucks. I put ads in the paper for KISS stuff wanted and wound up buying 5 more in various condition. Ive had 7 total. Its one of the center pieces of my KISS collection.

There were a lot made but they were not made to last. Ive seen many trashed/parted out ones. The playfields went to hell pretty quick on them.

#49 10 years ago

Old or new one?

#50 10 years ago

Old or new what machine?? Of course old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-has-a-kiss-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.