(Topic ID: 118165)

So who else played pinball at work last week?

By 82Trooper

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-09-14 00.13.29.jpg
hollywood2.JPG
hollywood1.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Post holidays and pre-spring can be a very BLAH time of the year here in Western PA. My office had a "de-stress week" last week, designed to improve everyones morale! We had a pot luck lunch with comfort food being the theme, decorated with tropical party favors, had "Hawaiian shirt day", smoothies, and all kinds of fun events all week. Yes, I have a very cool boss.
My contribution was to bring in our Wii game, and my "Sky Jump" pinball for the week. Set on 3 balls, free play, and first replay awarded at 44k....it was a huge hit. Several co-workers just could not get enough. It was so fuuny to randomly hear the chimes coming from the conference room during the day and to hear people talking about their high scores at the copier. They played at lunch and on their breaks. They logged just over 260 games that week.
I enjoyed seeing their enthusiasm, as well as playing a game or 2 myself last week.
Hopefully, we can do this again. So who else has had the chance to do something like this?
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
Mike

#2 6 years ago

I've got a WCS setup for free play in my snowboard shop. So myself and the shop guys play almost every night.

#3 6 years ago

Fortunately every day at my work is a de-stress day. The company is built around having fun and enjoying your work.

We have 2 pinball machines, Transformers and Avengers (and I am trying to get them to buy more, or let me setup my games there!). After I joined this company I offered my services and became the technical support for fixing and cleaning these machines because the company they had doing the repairs was horrible. I need to make a separate topic on this when I get around to it...

Other fun stuff is: 2 multi-cades, a Golden Tee, ping pong tables, foosball tables, basketball court, every kitchen has tons of free food/drinks (slushies, gold fish, healthy snacks, cereals, coffee, cappuccinos, etc), we have impromptu nerf fights, additional monthly fun club activites, and monthly team building events.

Where do I work? Quicken Loans in downtown detroit.

And we are always hiring especially IT positions, though there are tons of other positions available. If anyone wants me to put in a referral, just let me know!

#4 6 years ago

Not my office. I don't think there are any people in there that know how to have fun.

#5 6 years ago

i like this idea... a new place to stash a machine or two...

#6 6 years ago

I usually don't. But last week I did find a credit and played a game.

LTG : )™

#7 6 years ago

I went to one client site and I have never seen such a sad bunch - they acted like their dog just died. They really need some pinball...or something.

#8 6 years ago

I wish I could play pinball at work!!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I wish I could play pinball at work!!

i could bring a machine into the office... one of the privileges of being self employed...

the problem is, i'd play pinball more than i would work...

#10 6 years ago

Ive got 3 machines in my warehouse...Wh20, Indy and Eearthshaker. They get played every lunch and after work. Some of the young guys who start (ie 18-20 YO) have never seen or played a pinball machine. Some of them become obsessed, others couldnt care less.

Its a great way to clear the head after lunch.......except when pesky customers always ring during a really good game.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Exactly what Ive done. Its my overflow "storage". I keep my top 4 or 5 at home and the rest in my warehouse. Then rotate them every so often so I dont get sick of them. Staff love it, and some customers get into it as well. Other customers look at you like there's something wrong with you.

I find I dont enjoy playing them as much at work, because Im always thinking about something else, but beats having none.

#12 6 years ago

I put one (Strange Science) in my office when I ran out of space in the house. It gets played a few times a week. I work in a doctor's office, so the rule is no playing while patients are around. Some of the staff will linger after work and play. Maybe more would stick around if I got a Doctor Dude!

#13 6 years ago

I put a T2 and a Nitro Groundshaker in the lunch room at work

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Not my office. I don't think there are any people in there that know how to have fun.

No fun at mine either. Bosses don't care. Morale is in the toilet

Quoted from ccotenj:

I like it. I wonder if I can convince someone to let me bring one in.

#15 6 years ago

....show them this post....the people who can do it seem to love it!
Positive morale factor...at no cost to the companies bottom line!!!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

No fun at mine either. Bosses don't care. Morale is in the toilet

Add me to that list. Management couldn't care one bit if any of us are happy or dead. I should have been an Astronaut.

#17 6 years ago

Since I'm a Realtor, I spend a lot of time working from my home office. I have 1 pinball machine in my office, on the opposite wall from my computer. I can see the reflection of the pinball machine in my monitor while I work. Sometimes I leave the pinball machine on and just stare at the lightshow reflection dancing around in my monitor, which gives me a nice level of motivation to close deals. I usually manage to get in a quick game or two during breaks throughout the day.

#18 6 years ago

I'm a stay at home dad. I play every day.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i could bring a machine into the office... one of the privileges of being self employed...

Quoted from ccotenj:

the problem is, i'd play pinball more than i would work...

I could and I did. Got a NF, NGG & STTNG lined up in my office.

#20 6 years ago

Yep, play almost every day. We have an Avatar & Spider man in the break room - plus a bunch of multicades, Chexx Bubble Hockey, etc. Only company that I have ever worked for that had so much stuff in the break rooms/cafeteria.

#21 6 years ago

I have a Close Encounters in my middle school classroom but haven't played it there in months. Played a game with a student teacher this week.

#22 6 years ago

I keep all my pins at my office. Work on them there too

#23 6 years ago

I play everyday at work, my boss doesn't care how much I play as long as when the day is done, so is all of my tasks. and the customers just love them, I have someone offer to buy one every week.
Pinball at work is the Best !!

Brian

hollywood1.JPG hollywood2.JPG
#24 6 years ago

If you count virtual pinball, then yes.
It's came up a few times for me to bring one of my machines into work, but I know they would just get destroyed.
We've had arcade machines in the past that I watched get abused.
Dirt, water, careless moving, even human waste!!!
You name it, it happen to these machines.
I'll keep my pins safe at home thank you lol.

#25 6 years ago

Hmm, this is a good idea. I should look into this. I work from home half the time, but still would be nice to have something to do at work when I need to wind down as opposed to wasting it on the web.

We have a lot of room in the lunch room, and I'm sure people would play them... I'm going to ask.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Add me to that list. Management couldn't care one bit if any of us are happy or dead. I should have been an Astronaut.

Curious, before I tear into you, are you saying that NASA wouldn't care if astronauts live or die? =|

#27 6 years ago

Hell yeah! I work at home right in the middle of my collection. This is one of the rare pics of my wife playing. She won't admit she likes pinball.2014-09-14 00.13.29.jpg

#28 6 years ago

Self employed so my bounty hunter is in my office and gets played during break time or when i don't feel like doing the books

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hell yeah! I work at home right in the middle of my collection. This is one of the rare pics of my wife playing. She won't admit she likes pinball.

2014-09-14 00.13.29.jpg 197 KB

ha, I used to work on my Night Moves, in the middle of my gameroom, set my laptop on it and worked away. Somehow I started working in the second floor office.... why did I make this change again..?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside