(Topic ID: 337878)

so.... who else is playing zelda right now?

By JakeFAttie

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I've been playing it but it seems kind of dumb that there's no point to combat really. You find all kinds of good things in the chests/shrines anyways, and if you have good weapons you just break them if you fight. There's no leveling up from fighting so avoiding it is the best option. It's like open world Myst, where you just travel between shrines avoiding everything just solve a bunch of puzzles.

I felt like this for a while too but eventually this changes a bit.

#20 10 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

sorry I didn't see that other Zelda thread! (though it seems to have died down).
Reading through it though I see folks seemed a little divided about the size and crafting of Tears vs Breath. It's true that BotW felt a little more manageable, like the end goal was always in sight even as you wandered endlessly gathering mushrooms. The shear size of Tears is a little overwhelming. I think if you want to "win" and get through it to the end, you've already in some way lost as the point is the journey not the end goal. If you don't enjoy the simplistic combat and the crafting and building and the puzzle solving, then I'm not sure what the point of playing is, as that's really what this game is about. So I, for one, am trying really hard not to go on line and look for answers to the puzzles. On the other hand, after being stuck for hours wandering around in a desert storm trying to figure out what that damn beam of light unlocked I had to put it down and walk away for 12 hours. Went back to skydiving for shrines....

I can't put this game down. When I first started with it, I was dying left and right, which led me to avoid combat (as another poster had pointed out). I'm just enjoying running around and powering up, getting and making stuff. I *HATE* the Zonai stuff ,where you have to build things. I think it's because so far I haven't gotten any of those "control" pieces so all my cars just zoom off and crash LOL!

My kid is playing a parallel game on another profile, and he's going mainly through the main game the traditional way, but he's going after certain armor and not necessarily powering up as much. You NEED all 4 of the fairy queens; that's a huge game-changer.

#22 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

I preordered and got early access on Thursday. I have a PS5 I bought it on so it was 8:30 instead of 7pm eastern before the glitch was fixed.

huh?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-else-is-playing-zelda-right-now?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.