(Topic ID: 259470)

So which brand tv is best?

By EricHadley

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16D5F86C-158D-4276-B264-9515942449A2 (resized).jpeg
    P1030882 (resized).JPG
    P1030867 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

When you buy a big TV, make sure the credit card you use gives a warranty extension. My Mastercard adds two years to the factory warranty on items like this. Last year I had a Vizio TV fail when it was one month outside of warranty. I sent a picture of the screen to Vizio and they have an analyst who can determine what is wrong with the TV just from looking at screen pics. They sent me an email confirming that the issue was "not economically repairable". I forwarded that along with the original sales receipt over to my credit card and they refunded the full purchase price of the TV back to my card.

Also, when a TV or something big fails, don't forget to check to see if there is an extension. I would not have known about this if the people at Vizio had not suggested that I check.

Overall, I do like Vizio. My current 70 inch 4K Vizio looks awesome and costs less than $1000. For the most part Vizio seems to be a great combination of price, picture quality and reliability.

1 month later
    #91 4 years ago

Just had an LED back light strip die in my Vizio E70. This was my third Vizio 70 TV to die or have a failure in less than 5 years. The first two were not repairable and replaced under warranty. This one lasted the longest at 2.5 years.
    I ordered a complete replacement set of LED strips along with the driver board and will attempt the repair myself. Hopefully I'll with the new strips l get a few more years out this one at which point I will not be buying another Vizio.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-which-brand-tv-is-best?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.