(Topic ID: 62944)

So where are new pins going to top out?

By pinballrebel

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where will prices top out?”

• 9k 16 votes
      31%
    • 10k 18 votes
      35%
    • 11k 1 vote
      2%
    • 12k or higher 16 votes
      31%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pred_spine.JPG
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Pinball is different.
    When I read a comic book. I put it back in its protective sleeve and put it back in its box. Never to read it again.
    When I play pinball, its over and over again. Pinball is super cool to everyone.

True pinball is different than comics in that you can play it for sure. But....there is a topping out point though in the enjoyment factor compared collectible factor in a $12,000 Monster Bash. That is a collectible and is not bought because "I just enjoy pinball".
    Did you get so much more enjoyment out of reading X-men #1 compared to X-men #2? Then why is #1 at a higher price? No?

#52 10 years ago

Tiger Law....RIGHT ON !!!! You are a true HOBBYIST and in my opinion are GREAT for this hobby.....everyone should have your attitude (it is the exact approach to take with any hobby in my opinion).

Enjoy your pins and keep making them the way you want them !!! They were made to be played and enjoyed !!!

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Mad....you are right but a pinball machine some have compared to FINE ART. A pinball machine has parts that break and older is never better when it comes to maintainance. So why should a 5-6 year old pin be worth more then a new pin ??
    Again, I don't think they will crash but I doubt they will keep going up like they have and in my opinion will slowly start to go down in price over the next few years.....but just like every "bubble" people start to believe "they can never go down" and truly that is what I feel 90% of the hubbies have told their wives and if they do drop 50% or more and the hubbies have to sell them I wish I could be a "fly on the wall" ..... now that would be funny to see !!!

Bubbles happen for sure, but you can play a pinball game. I look back at baseball cards I used to collect and go "why did I collect pieces of cardboard with an athlete's picture on them"?
    Pinball is fun - cardboard is not.
    So pinball will hit a peak and drop a little, but I do not think it will pop.

#55 10 years ago

It topped out for me @ 6K, I will just have to live vicariously through you high rollers.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are a far better man than me. When I had my FGY I would get exceedingly perturbed at my spouse for letting the children of all her friends play my machine unsupervised. One of the little brats kicked my machine (really hard) and i thought i was going to stroke out.
    After that incident I turned off free pay and took the keys and set it on a dollar a game . . . in my own house. That stopped the conduct immediately. I know, I know . . . you shouldn't let that stuff bother you and you need to introduce a new generation to the hobby . . . but man, it didn't jive with my OCD tendencies. LOL

You let kids play Family Guy or did you change it to Shrek mode?

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-where-are-new-pins-going-to-top-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.