(Topic ID: 117600)

so where are all the tz and Addams pins at?

By bigd1979

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown.jpeg
IMG_8847.JPG
image.jpg
Screenshot_2015-02-05-23-18-47.png
image-329.jpg
image-819.jpg
image-893.jpg
image-537.jpg
image-497.jpg
image-523.jpg
image-511.jpg
image-855.jpg
image.jpg
TZ TAF.jpg
11xTAF.jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

Ok so i am helping a friend try to find a tz and another friend try to find addams and after sorting threw some leads they had and i had and only 1 of each out of 6 (3 of each) were really decent looking for the price and really haven't found many leads . That being said they made over 20000 Addams and over 15000 tz and while they are quite popular where are they all ? Is there a few warehouses accros the country with stacks of them or just alot destroyed or are they hidden away in homes of non pin heads just waiting to be discovered just seems we see alot of other titles that they only made 5or6 k of alot more ?

#2 9 years ago

They are in the hands of collectors. Nice examples are getting harder to find.

#3 9 years ago

They are being loved in personal collections.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#4 9 years ago

I looked forever for my TZ I just restored. I found it on eBay and local of all places. I over paid by about $500-700 but I didn't have to ship so I figure its a wash. I have been looking for a decent Addams for even longer with no luck.

#5 9 years ago

A lot of them are not in your country.

#6 9 years ago

Yep...I've had my TZ for 20 years and counting....

#7 9 years ago

Just sold my tz after 10 years and my taf after 7 years

#8 9 years ago

I've seen loads of TZ around us for sale. A few of them sat for months before they sold.

#9 9 years ago

I know but they made alot and i dont think that the pin hobby is really that big ? But i guess if you look at the whole world as a whole there are definitely more than 15 to 20 thousand collectors? I guess once u get a nice tz or Addams u usually keep them because i know my tz isn't going anywhere as long as i can help it because ill never find another in better original condition for a good price just need Addams beside it

#10 9 years ago

There in....the twilight zone....

#11 9 years ago

There are three TAF in iceland, one on Freddi arcade downtown reykjavik

#12 9 years ago

TZ's in general are more abundant than TAF in my experience. Usually there are at least a few TZ for sale on pinside. TAF are much fewer and further between on Pinside.

#13 9 years ago

pinballs.com has Addams family. I think they're looking for $7500. they also have Twilight Zone for about $8400.

#14 9 years ago

Pretty sure none of us consider those prices something real. Great for a retail sucker but that about it.
They buy those games off us at our regular price and retail them. Hope that's not a plug.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

pinballs.com has Addams Family. I think they're looking for $7500. they also have Twilight Zone for about $8400.

Those Ebay prices are for the non hobbiest who buys a pin in a "one off" way without any research or intention of getting into the hobby. I guess that is how most pins are bought. We are in the monority.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pretty sure none of us consider those prices something real. Great for a retail sucker but that about it.
They buy those games off us at our regular price and retail them. Hope that's not a plug.

Been offered 7500 or 7800 cant remember for my tz granted it has a ton of nice upgrades worth alot and its excellent condition but maybe the retailer is the same ?

#17 9 years ago

My TAFG and TZ are bolted to my floor. To me, two of the best games of all-time.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just sold my tz after 10 years and my taf after 7 years

congrats on the sales...which one will you miss the most?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Those Ebay prices are for the non hobbiest who buys a pin in a "one off" way without any research or intention of getting into the hobby. I guess that is how most pins are bought. We are in the monority.

U think the retailer really sell that many at them prices these days?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been offered 7500 or 7800 cant remember for my tz granted it has a ton of nice upgrades worth alot and its excellent condition but maybe the retailer is the same ?

The retailers games are not in excellent condition in my experience. They flip these games to the un knowing buyer. How many horror stories haver we heard about regarding Ebay sales? Tons.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think that ebay pinball sales out number Pinside sales by a wide margin. It is the sheer size of Ebay that makes this possible. I can't back this up with facts. Just my opinion. THere are only a three or four hundred Pinsiders and millions of Ebayers

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

The retailers games are not in excellent condition in my experience. They flip these games to the un knowing buyer. How many horror stories haver we heard about regarding Ebay sales? Tons.

Very true u think these retailers have a lot of stock that they pull out when titles get hot and market is up ?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

With a flux of newcomers with $$$'s coming into this hobby - it wouldn't surprise me.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I think that ebay pinball sales out number Pinside sales by a wide margin. It is the sheer size of Ebay that makes this possible. I can't back this up with facts. Just my opinion. THere are only a three or four hundred Pinsiders and millions of Ebayers

Maybe i should start selling on ebay j/k to support my pin habbit lol

#25 9 years ago

Yes. Until you become an experienced pin buyer you will be eaten alive by these retailers. I have made a few calls to retailers in the past and inquired about a few pins. I could tell by the answers to my questions that I was going to get screwed. I never made a purchase. I have bought many games from Pinsiders and never been screwed once.

#26 9 years ago

Yea there are alot of shady shop out there maybe all them have all the tz and Addams stockpiled and put one up for sale once the one in the showroom sells

#27 9 years ago

Yours is worth the price . Imagine the worst pics I sent you selling for 8500. That's ebay and retailers because they can.

#28 9 years ago

Recently sold my TAF to the Asheville Pinball Museum.
It was on CL for a couple weeks. gl in your search

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You're is worth the price . Imagine the worst pics I sent you selling for 8500. That's ebay and retailers because they can.

O wow thats a shame i take alot of pride in my tz (and all my pins that i own or previously owned) as its a part of the family now matter fact she cant wait to get her video tv in and shes waiting to be in color instead of white animation lol

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I know i really wanted it but we could never get our schedules lined up glad it went to a good home never saw it on cl tho or i would have got a hold of u

#31 9 years ago

I know where a tz and an Adams is.
In non pinheads homes.
They have the one game. They have had it for years and don't plan to sell.
They don't plan on getting another game. They don't go here. They don't go to shows. They just have 1 game and enjoy it from time to time.
That's how I got my royal rumble. It was an older couple who had it in their home for years.
That's where many hidden games are now.
Want to get on the inside of one of the non pinheads?
Do what I do, talk up pinball all the time. Any time.
Make it a point to find a way to work it into any and every conversation you can have with anyone. Everyone knows someone somewhere that gas a pin.
That's where all the good finds are today.

#32 9 years ago

Excellent point. I was talking about my pinball machine to my dentist the other day and a hygenest from another room walked by and told me she has one pin.....yes TAF. She has had it for 10 years and loves it. You are spot on 'mrgone". I bet a lot of TZs and TAFs are out of circulation as a result of non pinhead owners.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I know where a tz and an Adams is.
In non pinheads homes.
They have the one game. They have had it for years and don't plan to sell.
They don't plan on getting another game. They don't go here. They don't go to shows. They just have 1 game and enjoy it from time to time.
That's how I got my Royal Rumble. It was an older couple who had it in their home for years.
That's where many hidden games are now.
Want to get on the inside of one of the non pinheads?
Do what I do, talk up pinball all the time. Any time.
Make it a point to find a way to work it into any and every conversation you can have with anyone. Everyone knows someone somewhere that gas a pin.
That's where all the good finds are today.

Believe me i talk pinball all the time since i rediscovered it last year and it has lead to a few finds all older pins tho but it also has led to some sales for me so hopefully in time ill find one of those huo Addams as i allready have tz like that

#34 9 years ago

I seem to find lots of both TZ and TAF. Those are both games that see like availability still matches original production. In other words, LOTS around.

Granted I am yet to find a complete beater TZ to give the full restoration treatment to.

Most seem to be in avg or better condition for TZ. TAF are all over the board but prices have still gone up in the past few years.

MANY TAF are still on route and earning money.

#35 9 years ago

2 years ago a guy I work with offered me his TAF for 2100 then swapped to 2500. He had it for over ten years .
Change in price pissed me off so I passed. Plus I can't get into to the game. Of course I used to say that about TZ : o

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I'll have to go visit it soon!!! Both my TZ and TAF going nowhere, as long as I'm in the hobby...

#37 9 years ago

Apparently a lot of TAF's ended up in countries like Argentina.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Yes. Until you become an experienced pin buyer you will be eaten alive by these retailers. I have made a few calls to retailers in the past and inquired about a few pins. I could tell by the answers to my questions that I was going to get screwed. I never made a purchase. I have bought many games from Pinsiders and never been screwed once.

Some of those retailers are amongst us..and you are very correct here.
I recently asked one of those brick and mortar retailers here about a price..never got a response..so, I asked again.. saying, "hey I pm'd you"..finally got a answer.." I know you did..but, so did many"

Never did give me a price..guess that meant he sold it.
well...It must be that makes it ok then..I mean, why waste his time telling me that.

No More Retail. Retail is understandably high anyways..good for the Noobs who want to pay more, have it del /set-up/explained, small warranty, maybe tax too...ok for them.

#39 9 years ago

Yup my pin from a retailer when I started out= disappointment . All pins bought from pinsiders were like Xmas morning : )

#40 9 years ago

Retailers have to jack the prices up to cover overhead. I understand that and have no problem with that at all. I am sure there are good, honest retailers out there as well. Pinside is all that I need. More than enough nice people and nice games reasonably priced in this community

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yup my pin from a retailer when I started out= disappointment . All pins bought from pinsiders were like Xmas morning : )

In my experience pinsiders' pins are in better shape than described in the ads. So when you get them you usually are pleasantly surprised.

#42 9 years ago

Better communication too.

#43 9 years ago

I recently just bought my second TAF and this time it is not going anywhere. One of the reasons I made this purchase was because of this exact reason. It's just getting harder to find these games and to get a great collector quality example is even harder.

#44 9 years ago

Agreed. Most of us are passionate about the hobby and like talking to one another. I have learned a lot from fellow pinsiders when buying pins.

#45 9 years ago

There was an Addams Family up here recently, seller was asking $2500 and unfortunately I am not in that price range to buy pins yet. It's on my wish list.

Tim

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I'd never pay anywhere near those prices myself and am not a fan of pinballs.com. They basically buy games for as little as they possbly can, do as little to them as they can, and try to sell them for as much as they can. The last time I visited their showroom it was depressing seeing all those great machines rotting away in a showroom instead of being enjoyed in a gameroom or bar. I posted because these machines are definitely out there and available in good shape.

I'm more of an EM guy, but would love to own Addams Family, TZ and Doctor Who someday.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guess we take pride in our pins (well most) and retailers just want most profit so they do just enough to get them playing and sell? I recently bought a pin from a home of a older. Couple and they purchased from a retailer on here i believe and well they got ripped and the pin just needed so much stuff redone and gone over . I actually have three of the work orders from when it broke within a month of them owning at least it was under warranty but still seeing this pin i would never buy retail . only from u good people non this forum

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

There was an Addams Family up here recently, seller was asking $2500 and unfortunately I am not in that price range to buy pins yet. It's on my wish list.
Tim

Wow ill take it lol

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess we take pride in our pins (well most) and retailers just want most profit so they do just enough to get them playing and sell? I recently bought a pin from a home of a older. Couple and they purchased from a retailer on here i believe and well they got ripped and the pin just needed so much stuff redone and gone over . I actually have three of the work orders from when it broke within a month of them owning at least it was under warranty but still seeing this pin i would never buy retail . only from u good people non this forum

You hit the nail on the head, We definitely take pride in our pins here on Pinside. When I sell a pin it is a reflection of me and the care I have put into the machine. I want the buyer to have the same experience I had with the pin.

#50 9 years ago

So back on topic so alot of retailers and non pinhead s have the addams and tzs is that because popularity of theme for nonpinheads and popularity of pin on route for ops and retailers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-where-are-all-the-tz-and-addams-pins-at and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.