Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LittleCaesarspinball_(resized).jpg
    milli-vanilli-grammy-february-21_(resized).jpg
    lc_pinball.jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    PERFECTSTRANGERStitle_(resized).JPG
    2066ce09162d4541c55fd38dd82a556d_(resized).png
    kingdom-2014-54fb88d5b46b3_(resized).jpg
    styler_(resized).jpg
    steven-tyler-smith-feet-blue-nail-polish_(resized).jpg
    Aerosmith_(resized).jpg
    20160119_083834_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Rumor mill says Spider-Man "VE" (Comic art re-skin) and Ghostbusters '84. Prob in that order.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

I wouldn't clamor for Ghostbusters so fast unless there was actual confirmation it would be the '84 Ghostbusters.

Guaranteed. Ghostbusters has a massive nostalgic following. Fans will buy it instantly. Reboot has no following. Rumors point at game being scheduled for Early 2016. Reboot doesn't come out till next summer. Rumors point at GB having LCD finally...GB'84s footage will be available for display use, reboot won't.

I won't rule out the reboot being good & funny - but pre-reaction (especially from this crowd) is brutal. No way on earth Stern licenses the reboot version. It will be 100% classic.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

No way you would be able to avoid promoting the new movie

Quoting myself since you didn't read it:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Guaranteed. Ghostbusters has a massive nostalgic following. Fans will buy it instantly. Reboot has no following. Rumors point at game being scheduled for Early 2016. Reboot doesn't come out till next summer. Rumors point at GB having LCD finally...GB'84s footage will be available for display use, reboot won't.

100% will not be reboot.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Why would they do a Ghost Busters pin based on the old movies when the new movie is coming out? I would think the franchise would not allow that.

Sony has no interest in erasing classic Ghostbusters. It's consistently been marketed since '84. It's a bonafide beloved classic and would sell a shitload of pins. Reboot would not. Simple marketing reality.

Repeat: GB is being worked on NOW for an early '16 release. Reboot movie doesn't come out till summer '16. It's 100% impossible that any aspect of the pin could be based on the reboot.

I'm going to stop repeating myself now. When GB is announced please say "sorry, you were right".

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't count on GB being next. There are still countless aging rock stars and they need to get those done while some of the band members are still alive.

If Stern wants to break into the Romanian market:

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Geeez, give GOT a chance until you play it.

We're in the "do we buy it before we play it" phase. So - we can only judge it based on what we've seen.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Could you imagine a 30th anniversary Mario pin though?

I've been playing Super Mario Maker for 5 days straight....my fingers hurt. Wii U + Super Mario Maker = way cheaper than a pin & the coolest Mario experience in a long time!

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Is it the "Killer App" for the Wii U?

I think so. I love my Wii U...first time Nintendo's games are in HD. Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad - all fantastic games...but Super Mario Maker is the first one that TRULY could not be done without the touchscreen controller.

Ever since collecting pins, video games seem so mindblowingly cheap. For $100 less than a ColorDMD, you can have a Wii U, Mario Maker, and an exclusive Amiibo!

super_mario_maker_wii_u_bundle_us.jpgsuper_mario_maker_wii_u_bundle_us.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Super-Mario-Maker-Console-Deluxe-Set-Walmart-Exclusive/46332782

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not so much pointless, but it's not really needed for a lot of the games. More like an excess for just the system. I'd rather have a system with more traditional controllers.
    Nintendo could easily sell a touch-screen controller as an accessory.

They have other traditional type controllers you can get. I like the touchscreen one though - it looks like it'd be bulky but it's really light and feels good. Sometimes it's nice to just play games on it like a portable, if someone else is watching TV or something.

Actually Splatoon uses it really well, too...you can check out the stage map while you're playing to see where you need to go to ink the stage & where your team is. You can tap on a team-mate to launch-jump to their position. You can also tap to launch an ink missile at a specific location.

Captain Toad has some touch & mic elements as well.

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Where's the Metriod game already?
    I want a true sequel to the Metriod Prime series.

Did you finish them all? I finished 1 ...gave up after getting lost as f*ck in 2, and probably haven't played more than 30 min of 3. I have the Trilogy, but I haven't found the time to commit to revisiting them.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I have a Wii U but its not fit to hold my Xbox one or PS4's jockey strap, where's the goddamn Zelda game already?

Next year probably? Play Wind Waker HD in the meantime ...I'm perfectly happy with my Wii U - I don't have any plans to get Xbone or PS4. They can have their murky grey G.I Joe doll games....I'll stick with Nintendo's art!

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

grown men can still be Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony fan boys? I thought that stuff ended when people got jobs and could afford multiple systems...?

I have multiple. Ps3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. I barely have time to finish my Wii U games...still have a ton of old games to finish. So, no need for more new consoles.

#224 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Wind waker is damn fun, I'm actually enjoying some old Zelda right now, man I would love to buy the Analog NES system with the HDMI port and start collecting carts, I do like the touchpad controller, its great.

Do you have a 3DS? Have you played Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? I've always preferred the overhead style Zeldas, and it's the best one ever! If you liked the NES/SNES Zeldas, you'll dig it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

You don't enjoy any of the PS4 stuff? granted not much to play, Bloodbourne is pretty fun but I still end up playing games on my PC the most,

I generally don't like games that try to be realistic...the characters all look like quasi-real creepy ken dolls...they don't feel like they have any artistic vision or style behind them - they're just trying to be "real". They all look the same to me. That's why I like Nintendo - they make games that aren't ashamed to look/sound like games. I've never liked PC games or their aesthetic - I feel like it's invaded the non-Nintendo consoles and it has turned me away.

#283 8 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I'm shocked there's little to no talk of a possible Star Wars Force Awakens pin. I don't think there's a bigger franchise in all of pop culture right now getting more hype than that franchise.

No one's seen the movie. Last time a Star Wars pin was made in tandem with a movie, we got Episode 1.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-sterns-next-game?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.