Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LittleCaesarspinball_(resized).jpg
    milli-vanilli-grammy-february-21_(resized).jpg
    lc_pinball.jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    PERFECTSTRANGERStitle_(resized).JPG
    2066ce09162d4541c55fd38dd82a556d_(resized).png
    kingdom-2014-54fb88d5b46b3_(resized).jpg
    styler_(resized).jpg
    steven-tyler-smith-feet-blue-nail-polish_(resized).jpg
    Aerosmith_(resized).jpg
    20160119_083834_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll buy whichever game drops first... Rob Zombie or Ghostbusters.

Why? Why would you even say that?

I'll buy games that look good, and are fun, and well done. If I don't like the gameplay I don't care what the theme is, I'm not paying $6k+ for it.

And if the game is fun but it looks like crap I'm not gonna pay all that money for it either. Zombie Yeti ghost art sounds rad. But I love the theme on Creech, and hate the gameplay. Good art and theme isn't enough.

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Why are some people so interested in a Ghostbusters themed machine?

Because people who buy pinballs are old enough to be nostalgic about their youth, when movies like Ghostbusters came out. Same reason why WWE was such a dud, but there was a flicker of interest in the LE. It was the "old" wrestlers version.

Ghostbusters could make a fun pin. But I'm just beyond getting excited over a theme. We've seen how even the best ones can be ruined, and the more you love it the more painful it is when it gets crapped out.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

There are so many nostalgia-circuit bands with deeper catalogues

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but they have 16 studio albums. They're not exactly in the "shallow catalogue" category.

#169 8 years ago

My preference would be that if Stern is going to treat their games the way they did GOT, that they not pick any licenses I care about, so I don't have to be sad that they were hacked out so quickly.

I have nothing against the company, a 3rd of my games are Sterns, but man, I just can't pay the kind of prices they're asking for for these half assed blobs of commercial crap art packages. Maybe the ops don't care, but home collectors do.

And it sucks, because they have some real talent there when it comes to the actual games, that deserve better support.

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The only thing that had turned me off to the system WAS the touchscreen controller. With Mario Maker, at least I feel there's a game that can really use it.

Yeah, it's basically stupid and pointless for lots of otherwise great games. But it's great for Mario Maker. And I mostly ignore it for Mario Kart 8 or the Mario platformers, 3D and 2D, which are all otherwise excellent.

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Hell yes! and we can even develop video games for a living and make some good loot doing it! This may be the stupidest comment I have ever read on pinside..........

He meant that people were still having stupid partisan brand wars, not that they shouldn't play video games.

And he's right. I own a Wii U and a PS4. I'd buy an Xbox too if I felt like it, but honestly I don't play my existing systems enough to need a third.

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

The music was the best since Wind Waker. It really hooked me in.
    I've pretty much quit playing consoles. Only play on PC because it has a lot of the same games and they are always available. But I have been thinking about a Wii U since they released Mario Kart 8. I'm a sucker for Mario Kart.

Dooooo iiiiit. I basically bought the Wii U for Markio Kart 8, it was the game that sold me, and it's really great. Maybe my favorite of all of them, marred only by a shitty battle mode. But the racing is great, really inventive and fun tracks, and with the DLC there are a ton of them. Even the classic remakes are fun.

#256 8 years ago

I couldn't tell if she was really talking about Hendricks gin, and Gary misheard and started trying to cover, or if the Hendricks part was an attempt on her part to cover for saying Hendrix, but yeah, either way, the reaction was pretty funny. And it's a rumor that has already come up.

#264 8 years ago

Stern has multiple titles being made at any given time. There could be art and a playfield floating around internally that she's seen, doesn't mean it's the next game necessarily.

#272 8 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Anyone who can't analyze this situation correctly gives me worries about who votes for our reps in office. It's 100% obvious. Watch it again if you think it's not a purchased license. Even drunk Gary states "never mind you didn't hear that"

It's so obvious I would think it was a setup except for the fact that it occurred so late into a random event where that wouldn't make sense.

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

But why would you say Gin Hendrix? That's like saying vodka grey goose

She didn't, at least I didn't hear that. She said have you guys had Hendricks? (For people not familiar it's a cucumber gin.) Then something about is their Hendricks in this, I dunno but it has gin. Totally innocent.

It's Gary who hears Hendrix and starts wigging out. Then she starts saying why not tell them.

If Gary hadn't said anything nothing would have come of it. That's how I heard it at least. But there's no doubt he was totally flubbing covering it up once he realized he said something he shouldn't have. Not going to read more than that into it, aside from it coming up as a rumor previously already.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-sterns-next-game?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.