Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LittleCaesarspinball_(resized).jpg
    milli-vanilli-grammy-february-21_(resized).jpg
    lc_pinball.jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    PERFECTSTRANGERStitle_(resized).JPG
    2066ce09162d4541c55fd38dd82a556d_(resized).png
    kingdom-2014-54fb88d5b46b3_(resized).jpg
    styler_(resized).jpg
    steven-tyler-smith-feet-blue-nail-polish_(resized).jpg
    Aerosmith_(resized).jpg
    20160119_083834_(resized).jpg
    There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 7 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Ghostbusters & Aerosmith.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Bam!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#352 7 years ago

So, next game.... whizbang? ☺

#353 7 years ago

Saw this pop back up on the active threads. So what's next? I can't imagine they'd do another music one so soon, so Iron Maiden must be a ways off, and Star Wars was supposed to be Fall, so what's Spring/Summer?

#355 7 years ago

I was told when I did a tour of the Stern factory that they have all the machines they are coming out with already planned out for several years. I found that interesting.

#356 7 years ago

Okay, clarifying...the next NEW Stern. No Vault Editions, and not the next Whoa Nellie reskin.

#357 7 years ago

Well the most rumors is sw and im afaik?

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Well the most rumors is sw and im afaik?

Yeah, but Iron Maiden seems too soon given that Aerosmith was just announced, and I've consistently heard that Star Wars was Fall. I guess it could be Aerosmith, then Tron VE (Summer), then Star Wars (Fall), then Iron Maiden (Winter), but I don't think that Vault titles count as "cornerstone" releases, so we're still missing at least one title from that order. AC/DC is supposed to be re-run again with the license renewal now, too.

#359 7 years ago

So it could be Pulp Fiction?

#360 7 years ago

Elvira 3 as the next boutique game. Announced at TPF.
    Expect BM66 pricing and them to try and pull the "SS cost x card, so this is a deal"

#361 7 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I was told when I did a tour of the Stern factory that they have all the machines they are coming out with already planned out for several years. I found that interesting.

I remember hearing that Stern has, at least, a 5 stage release process. Game that JUST came out (BM66 at this point), game coming out (Aerosmith), game in testing (next game), game in white wood stage (next-next) and game far along on paper (next-next-next). From there I heard they have a large stock of licenses in various states of agreement.

It wouldn't surprise me if this "5 stage" process was actually a separate process for more than one developer, leading to several years of games in more or less ready-to-test stages.

Regarding the next games, I'm interested to hear more too. These new games look fun and I'll play them on route, but I'm not excited enough about them to own them. If Iron Maiden ends up actually being a thing, I agree it's too soon. Maybe that's next January's game?

#362 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I remember hearing that Stern has, at least, a 5 stage release process. Game that JUST came out (BM66 at this point), game coming out (Aerosmith), game in testing (next game), game in white wood stage (next-next) and game far along on paper (next-next-next). From there I heard they have a large stock of licenses in various states of agreement.
    It wouldn't surprise me if this "5 stage" process was actually a separate process for more than one developer, leading to several years of games in more or less ready-to-test stages.
    Regarding the next games, I'm interested to hear more too. These new games look fun and I'll play them on route, but I'm not excited enough about them to own them. If Iron Maiden ends up actually being a thing, I agree it's too soon. Maybe that's next January's game?

That sounds like a smart process to keep things flowing out the door.

#363 7 years ago

If Elviria 3 (At TPF) is not a cornerstone game, do they still have time to release another cornerstone game before Star Wars at October Expo? Maybe an early summer release of Pulp Fiction? I am not convinced that Pulp Fiction is even real...

#364 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

If Elviria 3 (At TPF) is not a cornerstone game, do they still have time to release another cornerstone game before Star Wars at October Expo? Maybe an early summer release of Pulp Fiction? I am not convinced that Pulp Fiction is even real...

I can't imagine there's enough demand for Pulp Fiction as a pin. If you're going to do that, why not do Das Boot?

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't imagine there's enough demand for Pulp Fiction as a pin. If you're going to do that, why not do Das Boot?

Agreed but let me remind you: Mustang, WWE and GB and BM66...all titles that made me go wtf? Think about..Alien was out there for a long time, so was Predator, as is Blade Runner and a host of other properties that will make us trip over ourselves taking out our wallet but they made GB and BM66 instead. (Disclaimer: I know GB is hit I'm just commenting on the theme not the game).

#366 7 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Agreed but let me remind you: Mustang, WWE and GB and BM66...all titles that made me go wtf? Think about..Alien was out there for a long time, so was Predator, as is Blade Runner and a host of other properties that will make us trip over ourselves taking out our wallet but they made GB and BM66 instead. (Disclaimer: I know GB is hit I'm just commenting on the theme not the game).

Mustang I don't get. I can see why *maybe* someone thought WWE would be a good last-minute replacement for a pin that dropped out because of its huge fanbase, but, well... Ghostbusters is a no-brainer for width of appeal. Batman slightly less so, but it's technically KaPow. Pulp Fiction isn't even in the ballpark, appeal-wise.

#367 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I am not convinced that Pulp Fiction is even real

I do not think so either. It would be a great cult classic theme but it is very in-appropriate and does not fit Stern's family friendly business model-imo.

#368 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I do not think so either. It would be a great cult classic theme but it is very in-appropriate and does not fit Stern's family friendly business model-imo.

Like Playboy and The Walking Dead is family friendly?

#369 7 years ago

Not to mention Ghostbusters and Metallica both having adult language in them.... In my opinion Stern is not all about having a family friendly business model.

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from Redknight87:

Not to mention Ghostbusters and Metallica both having adult language in them.... In my opinion Stern is not all about having a family friendly business model.

They both have a switch to turn that off and without that they're plenty family-friendly, and the themes have wide appeal. Pulp Fiction...does not, even if the speech was somehow sanitized (would anything be left?).

#371 7 years ago
    Quoted from Redknight87:

Don't disagree with that. That is JJPs game. However, it seems Jody and Stern are going after licenses for the 35-55 males. Pulp Fiction fits in that pretty well. It is a classic. But why now?

#372 7 years ago

What is Sterns release window now, I know it was mentioned by George Gomez I think recently

3 or 4 Cornerstone (Stern) titles
    Boutique (WNBJM)
    Studio (BM66)

I might have that wrong but I am sure I recall those 3 titles being mentioned moving forward?

#373 7 years ago

Well, we know we have SW and maybe Iron Maiden, I think Guardians Of The Galaxy is in the mix. Also John Wick, nah I'm Kidding...I'm just making crap up.

#374 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They both have a switch to turn that off and without that they're plenty family-friendly, and the themes have wide appeal. Pulp Fiction...does not, even if the speech was somehow sanitized (would anything be left?).

Based on what they did to TWD, why do you assume there will be any actual movie quotes in it, if they did do Pulp Fiction? I'd rather see it done by anybody other than Stern.

#375 7 years ago

Pretty sure last spring they announced they are working on Hello Kitty

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Wrong Wacky. That was just an April Fools joke... Get it right: MYP (My Little Pony) is the surprise designed by DeadFlip Jack Danger

#377 7 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Based on what they did to TWD, why do you assume there will be any actual movie quotes in it, if they did do Pulp Fiction? I'd rather see it done by anybody other than Stern.

Because LCD. If Pulp Fiction is a real game (I don't think so), they WILL have movie clips of the most quotable scenes.

#378 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Jody DOES have that My Little Pony art taped by his desk...

#379 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

It would be a great cult classic theme but it is very in-appropriate and does not fit Stern's family friendly business model-imo.

I miss curling around a warm fire with my family and listening to James yell "JACK FUCKING POT" at my kids...such a family affair.

#380 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Don't disagree with that. That is JJPs game. However, it seems Jody and Stern are going after licenses for the 35-55 males. Pulp Fiction fits in that pretty well. It is a classic. But why now?

The Pulp Fiction license must be hot at the moment. I bought a Pulp Fiction t-shirt at K-Mart at Christmas time. The men's tshirt section at K-Mart is a who's who of past, present and future pinball titles. Stern go to the Las Vegas licensing show each year and the licenses listed below must all feature prominently.

Back to the Future
    Guns n Roses
    Metallica
    KISS
    Ghostbusters
    Game of Thrones
    Star Wars
    Led Zeppelin
    Nintendo
    Sons of Anarchy
    Pulp Fiction

#381 7 years ago

They did a Harley pin so Sons Of Anarchy could be a nice reboot for that theme.

#382 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Please no. Harley is one of the worst pins to play. It's only popular because of the Harley fans that want a Harley pin and don't know the turd they're buying (and maybe don't care). If they're going to do SoA, make a new layout.

#383 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

The Pulp Fiction license must be hot at the moment. I bought a Pulp Fiction t-shirt at K-Mart at Christmas time. The men's tshirt section at K-Mart is a who's who of past, present and future pinball titles. Stern go to the Las Vegas licensing show each year and the licenses listed below must all feature prominently.
    Back to the Future
    Guns n Roses
    Metallica
    KISS
    Ghostbusters
    Game of Thrones
    Star Wars
    Led Zeppelin
    Nintendo
    Sons of Anarchy
    Pulp Fiction

I really think we're long overdue for another Nintendo-themed pin. Make it Smash Brothers-esque so you can work in all the fan favorites...

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Uff totally...Harley rerun #4 as reskin Sons of Anarchy

#385 7 years ago

Forgot to mention a few other previous shirts:

The Beatles
    The Ramones

Pulp Fiction was one of my favourite movies of all time. I'd like to see it happen more than Star Wars (another all time favourite). I have a DE Star Wars already. Pulp Fiction would be something a bit different and interesting to see how they implement it. Such a great soundtrack as well.

#386 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Wrong Wacky. That was just an April Fools joke... Get it right: MYP (My Little Pony) is the surprise designed by deadflip Jack Danger

I know, it was a joke

1 week later
    #387 7 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Bam!
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Nice call Aaron!

Since you nailed that one, what's next?

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-sterns-next-game/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.