Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LittleCaesarspinball_(resized).jpg
    milli-vanilli-grammy-february-21_(resized).jpg
    lc_pinball.jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    PERFECTSTRANGERStitle_(resized).JPG
    2066ce09162d4541c55fd38dd82a556d_(resized).png
    kingdom-2014-54fb88d5b46b3_(resized).jpg
    styler_(resized).jpg
    steven-tyler-smith-feet-blue-nail-polish_(resized).jpg
    Aerosmith_(resized).jpg
    20160119_083834_(resized).jpg
    There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

grown men can still be Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony fan boys? I thought that stuff ended when people got jobs and could afford multiple systems...?

I'm turning 35 in a few days and I have a PS3, a PS4, and an original Wii that I play several times per week. I often wake up early for work just so I can squeeze in some time to play.
    I'll never stop gaming.

#202 8 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

I'm turning 35 in a few days and I have a PS3, a PS4, and an original Wii

exactly my point.

#203 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I have a Wii U but its not fit to hold my Xbox one or PS4's jockey strap, where's the goddamn Zelda game already?

Holding out buying one until they make a new Zelda game. Or stern makes a Zelda pin. Hell the GOT playfield art would go nicely with it.

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you finish them all? I finished 1 ...gave up after getting lost as f*ck in 2, and probably haven't played more than 30 min of 3.

Nope. Basically the same as you, but damn if I don't love the first one. Such a perfect game!

#205 8 years ago

grown men can still be Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony fan boys? I thought that stuff ended when people got jobs and could afford multiple systems...?

I have multiple. Ps3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. I barely have time to finish my Wii U games...still have a ton of old games to finish. So, no need for more new consoles.

#206 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I have multiple. Ps3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. I barely have time to finish my Wii U games...still have a ton of old games to finish. So, no need for more new consoles.

yeah I'm the same way. BARELY play these days.

When I said 'fanboys' I should have clarified that I meant people who would 'only ever' buy a specific manufacturers console and then vehemently defend that console and talk down about other ones.

#207 8 years ago

Started a Ghostbusters specific thread to discuss that possibility.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread

#208 8 years ago

yeah I'm the same way. BARELY play these days.
    When I said 'fanboys' I should have clarified that I meant people who would 'only ever' buy a specific manufacturers console and then vehemently defend that console and talk down about other ones.

My bad. I understand your point now and agree.

#209 8 years ago

This is the slowest starting console generation ever - only just now getting some true "next gen only" games.

Metal Gear Solid V: Red Dead Redemption Afghanistan is pretty cool thus far. Seems like one of those games you'd easily get 100 hours out of.

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

This is the slowest starting console generation ever - only just now getting some true "next gen only" games.

Certainly you don't mean slowest in sales. PS4 sales are superior to PS3 and Xbox 360 from last Gen.

#211 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Certainly you don't mean slowest in sales. PS4 sales are superior to PS3 and Xbox 360 from last Gen.

Slowest to actually bring experiences that utilize the upgraded hardware. Indeed PS4 is fastest selling console in history - just not sure why. Maybe because previous gen went on far too long?

Up until very recently, most new games *still* had previous gen versions, with very few next-gen-only exceptions (Batman, inFamous, The Order) and none of those have really caught on. There have also been a metric ton of next-gen remakes, probably because true next-gen content is pretty sparse.

#212 8 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Modern suggestions: Black Mirror, The Hangover, Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development, Bojack Horseman, Sherlock, Wet Hot American Summer...

The Hangover or Wet Hot American Summer could work... considering the long history of humor in pinball, there has been a dearth of NIB humorous pins for years.

Quoted from trunchbull:

My boyfriend's a big Goonies fan and came up with a bunch of ideas after our trip to Astoria a couple months ago.

You aren't the only one....

goonies.jpggoonies.jpg

#213 8 years ago

GHOSTBUSTERS! GHOSTBUSTERS! GHOSTBUSTERS!

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Slowest to actually bring experiences that utilize the upgraded hardware. Indeed PS4 is fastest selling console in history - just not sure why. Maybe because previous gen went on far too long?
    Up until very recently, most new games *still* had previous gen versions, with very few next-gen-only exceptions (Batman, inFamous, The Order) and none of those have really caught on. There have also been a metric ton of next-gen remakes, probably because true next-gen content is pretty sparse.

Agreed, but most games in the first couple of years aren't that great graphically, until developers learn to squeeze everything out of a system.

Compare the first Atari 2600 Football to Super Football. Compare early SNES games to Donkey Kong Country. GTA V would have been unthinkable in the early days of PS3/Xbox 360. They always get better towards the end of the console's life.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Next year probably? Play Wind Waker HD in the meantime ...I'm perfectly happy with my Wii U - I don't have any plans to get Xbone or PS4. They can have their murky grey G.I Joe doll games....I'll stick with Nintendo's art!

Wind waker is damn fun, I'm actually enjoying some old Zelda right now, man I would love to buy the Analog NES system with the HDMI port and start collecting carts, I do like the touchpad controller, its great. You don't enjoy any of the PS4 stuff? granted not much to play, Bloodbourne is pretty fun but I still end up playing games on my PC the most, then I can watch TV at the same time. I think when Nintendo releases Zelda the Wii U will come into its own. Do you realize we finally agree on something, kinda.

#216 8 years ago

grown men can still be Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony fan boys?

Hell yes! and we can even develop video games for a living and make some good loot doing it! This may be the stupidest comment I have ever read on pinside..........

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Hell yes! and we can even develop video games for a living and make some good loot doing it! This may be the stupidest comment I have ever read on pinside..........

He meant that people were still having stupid partisan brand wars, not that they shouldn't play video games.

And he's right. I own a Wii U and a PS4. I'd buy an Xbox too if I felt like it, but honestly I don't play my existing systems enough to need a third.

#218 8 years ago

I have to have all the systems, but I don't play games like I used to and pinball is a factor as I get my fix for gaming via my pins. I defintely use to play more before I started collecting, still need to have it all, what a great problem to have.

#219 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GHOSTBUSTERS! GHOSTBUSTERS! GHOSTBUSTERS!

NO! NO! NO!

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

This may be the stupidest comment I have ever read on pinside..........

Your post is NOT the 'stupidest' comment on pinside ever.

Cmon. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

#221 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

"Who ya gonna ca" v0.93. The rest of the catch phrase is coming Fall 2016, 6 months after the hardware release.

I believe that number is 1-800-KICKERS

#222 8 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

My hopes for Stern's next pin: Jurassic World, Terminator: Genisys, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Goonies,

It's time for goonies.
    It's our time.

Quoted from Baiter:

You aren't the only one....

goonies.jpg

If you had a lock bar in the front of the cabinet on the Goonies pin it would be....
    "bullet holes the size of matzo balls" - Chunk

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It would be incredible if a Mario pin could be designed where levels are played on an LCD and completed playfield shots move the character through the levels / world.

Like Gyromite?

#224 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Wind waker is damn fun, I'm actually enjoying some old Zelda right now, man I would love to buy the Analog NES system with the HDMI port and start collecting carts, I do like the touchpad controller, its great.

Do you have a 3DS? Have you played Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? I've always preferred the overhead style Zeldas, and it's the best one ever! If you liked the NES/SNES Zeldas, you'll dig it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

You don't enjoy any of the PS4 stuff? granted not much to play, Bloodbourne is pretty fun but I still end up playing games on my PC the most,

I generally don't like games that try to be realistic...the characters all look like quasi-real creepy ken dolls...they don't feel like they have any artistic vision or style behind them - they're just trying to be "real". They all look the same to me. That's why I like Nintendo - they make games that aren't ashamed to look/sound like games. I've never liked PC games or their aesthetic - I feel like it's invaded the non-Nintendo consoles and it has turned me away.

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you have a 3DS? Have you played Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? I've always preferred the overhead style Zeldas, and it's the best one ever! If you liked the NES/SNES Zeldas, you'll dig it.

Uh oh, we agree again. A Link Between Worlds is awesome, I see your point with the creepy ken dolls and to be honest my favorite games on the PS4 and Xbox1 like the PS3 and 360 tend to be fantasy based where the characters are more cartoon like than real people, I can appreciate first person shooters but only on my PC, Castle Wolfenstein, FarCry etc. Darksiders is my current favorite franchise, and I really love RPGs, oldschool and new. I have been playing some classic style platforms being made today on Steam, not the same but fun.

#226 8 years ago

Darksiders would make a great pin.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If Stern wants to break into the Romanian market:
    » YouTube video

W T F did I just watch!!!

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from gaberm1972:

W T F did I just watch!!!

I know, and the problem is it took, look at this.

#229 8 years ago

Still thinking Mad Max and Mario would be the greatest franchises right now...

#230 8 years ago

GOT Pro looks like an old EM game.

#231 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I know, and the problem is it took, look at this.
    » YouTube video

I want to party with this guy.

#232 8 years ago

Killdozer!!!

killdozer.jpgkilldozer.jpg

#233 8 years ago

National Lampoon's Vacation Series

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Wow the new title is one nobody has thought of. Its such an unique theme but it's a shocker.

By any chance, is it also from the 70's?

#235 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The music was the best since Wind Waker. It really hooked me in.

I've pretty much quit playing consoles. Only play on PC because it has a lot of the same games and they are always available. But I have been thinking about a Wii U since they released Mario Kart 8. I'm a sucker for Mario Kart.

#236 8 years ago

Jimi Hendrix is the next Stern title. Gary's daughter accidentally said it on the Dead flip stream. Hope the art is trippppppy

#237 8 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Jimi Hendrix is the next Stern title. Gary's daughter accidentally said it on the Dead flip stream. Hope the art is trippppppy

Wizard mode sets your playfield on fire.

#238 8 years ago

Fast & Furious, modern, multiple movies to pull stuff from, more movies to come...You have Vin Diesel, The Rock, hot women & hot cars...What more do you need??

#239 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Fast & Furious, modern, multiple movies to pull stuff from, more movies to come...You have Vin Diesel, The Rock, hot women & hot cars...What more do you need??

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#240 8 years ago

Is there a link to this?

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

The music was the best since Wind Waker. It really hooked me in.
    I've pretty much quit playing consoles. Only play on PC because it has a lot of the same games and they are always available. But I have been thinking about a Wii U since they released Mario Kart 8. I'm a sucker for Mario Kart.

Dooooo iiiiit. I basically bought the Wii U for Markio Kart 8, it was the game that sold me, and it's really great. Maybe my favorite of all of them, marred only by a shitty battle mode. But the racing is great, really inventive and fun tracks, and with the DLC there are a ton of them. Even the classic remakes are fun.

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Is there a link

Here's that link.

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Killdozer!!!
    killdozer.jpg

Surprised SyFy hasn't done a remake of this. Hey, mayby thaey can doi it and the do a ... Dun Dun Dunnnn! Killdozer vs. Sharknado crossover!

#244 8 years ago

HTPC with Steam and 'big picture mode' is my next-gen system. Still waiting for must have exclusive on either XB1 or PS4. I do have a WiiU though.

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Is there a link to this?

Usually it's up on their twitch feed the next day. Don't know how I feel about it

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Is there a link to this?

The link to the video in question is here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/16513278

RogerKlotz27, I didn't hear his daughter mention anything about Hendrix. If she did, find it & give us the time mark.

I do remember hearing Gary answer a question about the LCD screen, saying something to the effect of: It is coming eventually, but it can't just be a TV screen in the backbox. It needs to be done right.

#247 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

The link to the video in question is here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/16513278
    RogerKlotz27, I didn't hear his daughter mention anything about Hendrix. If she did, find it & give us the time mark.

I do remember hearing Gary answer a question about the LCD screen, saying something to the effect of: It is coming eventually, but it can't just be a TV screen in the backbox. It needs to be done right.

I'll find it gimme a second

#248 8 years ago

2 hours and 46 minutes the beans are spilled.

#249 8 years ago

2 hours and 46 minutes the beans are spilled.

There it is! Good catch.

Stern Jimi Hendrix pinball. Coming soon.

Dirty Donny is rumored to be doing artwork for it. He's already done some cool Hendrix stuff in the past:

tumblr_m24klfP6xA1qe5k65o1_500.jpgtumblr_m24klfP6xA1qe5k65o1_500.jpg

#250 8 years ago

It's definitely tough to hear, but as soon as Jimmy Hendrix is mentioned, everyone starts playing sneaky. It's over pretty fast.

I didn't hear them say anything that would confirm Jimmy Hendrix as the *next* game, but it sounds like it's in the works.

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-sterns-next-game/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.