Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LittleCaesarspinball_(resized).jpg
    milli-vanilli-grammy-february-21_(resized).jpg
    lc_pinball.jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    PERFECTSTRANGERStitle_(resized).JPG
    2066ce09162d4541c55fd38dd82a556d_(resized).png
    kingdom-2014-54fb88d5b46b3_(resized).jpg
    styler_(resized).jpg
    steven-tyler-smith-feet-blue-nail-polish_(resized).jpg
    Aerosmith_(resized).jpg
    20160119_083834_(resized).jpg
    There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 8 years ago

Anyone hear what's after GOT?

#2 8 years ago

The answer is always Kiss... with an LCD.

#3 8 years ago

Chutes and Ladders, custom art, 3 VUKs and 5 ramps

#4 8 years ago

Ghostbusters... One can always wish upon a star...lol

#5 8 years ago

Rumor mill says Spider-Man "VE" (Comic art re-skin) and Ghostbusters '84. Prob in that order.

#6 8 years ago

Can't we wait until the body is cold?

#7 8 years ago

Ghostbusters & Aerosmith.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#8 8 years ago

I wouldn't clamor for Ghostbusters so fast unless there was actual confirmation it would be the '84 Ghostbusters. What people really don't want in a pin is the new Ghostbusters movie theme, in which a presumably central feature (the Ghostbuster car toy) will be pink (as it is in the upcoming movie). Gary could of course require of his customers that they render themselves a capon, but to what end? Sure a pink car is cheaper on the BOM than a mechanical guillotine in the coin door, but will Ghostbusters fans want a perversion of their theme? Will pinball fans want to "go girlie"?
    ghostbust_pink.jpgghostbust_pink.jpg

#9 8 years ago

It will be another killer theme so people can pre-order before pictures are even released.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Nah, put a fork in it.

#11 8 years ago

Rock,paper, scissors. ..it's going to rule

#12 8 years ago

Hopefully, Trudeau and Sheats are doing Jurassic World with an LCD next.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Ghostbusters & Aerosmith.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Aerosmith? Would anyone buy that?

#14 8 years ago

It's Game of Thrones Skittles Edition. Oh wait they've already done that.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

I wouldn't clamor for Ghostbusters so fast unless there was actual confirmation it would be the '84 Ghostbusters.

Guaranteed. Ghostbusters has a massive nostalgic following. Fans will buy it instantly. Reboot has no following. Rumors point at game being scheduled for Early 2016. Reboot doesn't come out till next summer. Rumors point at GB having LCD finally...GB'84s footage will be available for display use, reboot won't.

I won't rule out the reboot being good & funny - but pre-reaction (especially from this crowd) is brutal. No way on earth Stern licenses the reboot version. It will be 100% classic.

#16 8 years ago

Muppets.....Animal LE will rock.

#17 8 years ago

I'd rather Stern chose to stay away from Ghostbusters, so it could be done by Dutch Pinball.

#18 8 years ago

Another part of the Ghostbusters rumor is that Zombie Yeti is doing the artwork.

If that's true, I hope Stern (and the license) permits him to do ALL of the artwork (playfield, cabinet, backbox, and translite).

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Another part of the Ghostbusters rumor is that Zombie Yeti is doing the artwork.

And that is the nail in the coffin for Game of Thrones (for me, at least).

#20 8 years ago

Old school hand drawn ghostbusters with an LCD sounds too good to be true

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Old school hand drawn ghostbusters with an LCD sounds too good to be true

If it's done right, I could see it being a really big hit.

#22 8 years ago

Jurassic World

#23 8 years ago

"Ever since I was a tall man, I played the silver ball."

phantasm-600x300.jpgphantasm-600x300.jpg

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Jurassic World

Wanna bet?

#25 8 years ago

At this point, I wouldn't expect much. Color display? Doubt it. Ghostbusters? I hope not. No way you would be able to avoid promoting the new movie which looks awful, real awful. Spiderman VE with cartoon art sounds pretty good but hard to get excited with something that isn't really new.

#26 8 years ago

I'm much more interested in knowing what's JPP next game.

#27 8 years ago

whatever it is the pro will have 1 flipper instead of two, and instead of a shooter rod you have to flick the ball with your finger really hard thru a hole in the front of the cab

#28 8 years ago

Don't know the title, but a couple very reliable pinsiders say ZombieYeti is doing the art!

#29 8 years ago

I've heard Ghostbusters '84 from two highly reliable sources. I've also heard rumors of ZombieYeti doing the artwork which would be outstanding! What I'm not sure of though is who the designer/coder would be for Ghostbusters. My guess would be Trudeau/Sheats since they have both been off the past two games. Anyone else know? An original Ghostbusters machine with ZombieYeti art, an LCD and Trudeau and Lyman would be amazing! I'm still crossing my fingers that Muppets will be done someday but I'm guessing that's at least a year out as Jurassic World and Guardians would likely come first?

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

No way you would be able to avoid promoting the new movie

Quoting myself since you didn't read it:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Guaranteed. Ghostbusters has a massive nostalgic following. Fans will buy it instantly. Reboot has no following. Rumors point at game being scheduled for Early 2016. Reboot doesn't come out till next summer. Rumors point at GB having LCD finally...GB'84s footage will be available for display use, reboot won't.

100% will not be reboot.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

whatever it is the pro will have 1 flipper instead of two, and instead of a shooter rod you have to flick the ball with your finger really hard thru a hole in the front of the cab

What else would you expect if your only willing to spend 5k?

#32 8 years ago

Hopefully whatever they choose, they have actually watched it.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully whatever they choose, they have actually watched it.

Steve said Game of Thrones is his favorite band of all time

I keed I keed

#34 8 years ago

I'll buy whichever game drops first... Rob Zombie or Ghostbusters.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

You can

As for me, I'm ready to see the next game

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll buy whichever game drops first... Rob Zombie or Ghostbusters.

Why? Why would you even say that?

I'll buy games that look good, and are fun, and well done. If I don't like the gameplay I don't care what the theme is, I'm not paying $6k+ for it.

And if the game is fun but it looks like crap I'm not gonna pay all that money for it either. Zombie Yeti ghost art sounds rad. But I love the theme on Creech, and hate the gameplay. Good art and theme isn't enough.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

"Ever since I was a tall man, I played the silver ball."
    phantasm-600x300.jpg

Phantasm would make like 14 people here so happy.

#39 8 years ago

I am in on Spidey Comic for sure, I sold my old Spidey to buy another game and miss it. Plus having AC/DC, ST and Spidey all lined up together sure will look shhhweet! GB count me in also if all the rumors art, old GB theme and layout line up with the release! Also Stern better get the original GB song! Who ya going to call???

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoting myself since you didn't read it:

100% will not be reboot.

Why would they do a Ghost Busters pin based on the old movies when the new movie is coming out? I would think the franchise would not allow that.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Why would they do a Ghost Busters pin based on the old movies when the new movie is coming out? I would think the franchise would not allow that.

You'd be incorrect then.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Because virtually NOBODY would buy a pin based on the new movie.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Why? Why would you even say that?
    I'll buy games that look good, and are fun, and well done. If I don't like the gameplay I don't care what the theme is, I'm not paying $6k+ for it.
    And if the game is fun but it looks like crap I'm not gonna pay all that money for it either. Zombie Yeti ghost art sounds rad. But I love the theme on Creech, and hate the gameplay. Good art and theme isn't enough.

Why? Because I can say what I want. Pickle. Hellcat. Choggard.

Seriously, this is a great, fun hobby. I don't look at art very critically or even take my games very seriously. They're things. Toys.

If it sounds fun, I'll take it. I like Ghostbusters, Jaws, Rob Zombie, and bacon. Especially bacon.

When its time to move on, it's sold. Life goes on.

#44 8 years ago

If Stern takes action from all those saying the artwork is terrible, the next machine will be a blank canvas. All white cabinet, with an all white playfield, with all white plastics, and you'll get a bag of markers with a letter attached that says, "Here! Lets see you do a #$^*ing better job!"

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Phantasm would make like 14 people here so happy.

Me and 13 other people are soooooo in!

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Me and 13 other people are soooooo in!

14!

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

That's what I'm saying. I don't care how many people love the original Ghostbusters, that doesn't make a pin. Rumors of all sorts have been running around and little of it turns out to be true. Rumors were that GoT was going to be epic and have a color lcd. Not. Since a new Ghostbusters movie is coming out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ghostbusters pin. Why not? But how can the movie studios sign off on a Ghostbusters pin without any thought to the new movie? Could happen I guess but makes no sense from a marketing standpoint. I suspect if it does become a pin, it will be a mix of new and old. Enough old to keep the fans happy and enough new to keep movie execs happy.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

If Stern takes action from all those saying the artwork is terrible, the next machine will be a blank canvas. All white cabinet, with an all white playfield, with all white plastics, and you'll get a bag of markers with a letter attached that says, "Here! Lets see you do a #$^*ing better job!"

I like this idea. Yeah! I think I could do a better job!

b199c26aae5a033bffd747ceb1e2ffbe.jpgb199c26aae5a033bffd747ceb1e2ffbe.jpg

Maybe not...

#50 8 years ago

That is a turd of an Ecto-1. I hadn't seen that yet.

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-sterns-next-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.