10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What are your purchasing plans for next 12 months”

• I am currently waiting for a pre-order game - thats it for now 1 vote
      7%
    • If I see a theme I gotta have I'm in on some type of pre-order - I don't care I gotta have it and I'll wait and put up with the inherint headaches 1 vote
      7%
    • I'm only gonna buy a complete game that's in stock 0 votes
    • I'm not gonna buy anything in the next 12 months. 1 vote
      7%
    • I'm gonna back out of a pre-order to free up some cash for a used game I gotta have 0 votes
    • I'm gonna back out of a pre-order to get in on another pre-order or NIB game I can get now 0 votes
    • I'm going to buy a used game under the general $5000 cost NIB 8 votes
      57%
    • I'm gonna buy a used game over the general $5000 cost of a NIB 1 vote
      7%
    • None of the above 2 votes
      14%

(14 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

So people are pissed at JJP for game delays, people are pissed at Stern for code delays, people are pissed at PPS for disrupting values of A title games and potential cost of remakes. So what's next.

How pissed are people?

Is anyone going to stick to their guns and vote with their ca$h or just line up for the next game?

Pissed enough this time next year it'll be back to two manufacturers?

1?

Will Stern bring out a new platform with LCD or just stick with what they've got (kinda seems to be working)?

Prices for NIB peaked?

Maybe a retreat?

If so with or without a cut to quality.

How much inventory are distributors sitting on? Has the uptick in sales of new games actually been to the end owner - ie has the hobby grown or is there a bunch of NIB sitting there with resellers as a ticking time bomb?

Looking for constructive discussion - ya it can be possible. Check the hate at the door.

#2 10 years ago

What's next? I'm going to play some pinball.

#3 10 years ago

Personally I don't think these companies have the capacity to pump out hundreds of games to meet the demand. Don't forget before it's downfall Bally and Williams were huge companies with 100s of employees I doubt Jack and Rick and the rest can't even come close to 1/10 the production they had. Don't forget at one time this was a very lucrative business which has now really been reduced to people like us hobbyists and very few vendors. Think about it how many arcades do you see these days how many young kids even know what a pinball machine is.

I get it people are pissed because they have lots of money tied up an they are concerned but if you truly are a collector you can wait that's just my .02 though I am not in that position.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.