IMG-20131206-01015.jpg
IMG-20131206-01025.jpg
IMG-20131206-01011.jpg
IMG-20131206-01010.jpg
IMG-20131206-01009.jpg
IMG-20131206-01008.jpg
IMG-20131206-01021.jpg
IMG-20131206-01018.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're gonna spend 8k for a NIB remake that will lose value as soon as you pull it out of the box and put a few plays on it. The originals have already taken whatever hit they are going to take so why lose a grand pulling it out of the box?
Keep your original… used remakes will be a dime a dozen.

If you think original MM's have "already taken whatever hit they are going to take" and wont drop further when they remakes actually start hitting the streets, you are smoking crack.

When deliveries start and in a year or two when used remakes are available, originals will fall even further. I wouldn't doubt that remakes will settle around $5000 on the used market with originals going for maybe $1000 more if that. Mark my words.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who are you, and why should we mark your words?

Why does it matter who I am? I am a person making a prediction. You should mark my words to save me from the inevitable "Told you so" post. I also predicted a 25% correction in the overall market due to the remake and the over saturation caused by new machines at high prices. I'd say that one has come true to a degree. There's even more room for games to drop.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It all depends on condition… Original beaters are in trouble and will lose value for sure but original CQ/HUO/restored MM's will be fine and may even begin to rise again once the remake hype is over and many begin to realize that there is nothing like the original.

Why is there nothing like the original? The remakes are going to be just like an original, only improved.

These games were hoarded as trophies and that led to the inflated prices. Now players are getting their chance to afford one and that just hurts people who are in the hobby for the wrong reasons(profit)

Bring on all the remakes - CC, AFM, whatever. How in the hell anyone can consider more games for more people at lower prices to be bad is beyond me.

I love how restored MM's are considered "original" when almost all the parts used in restoration are reproductions. Ha.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Welcome back, Craig!

Screw you.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still waiting for the "lower" price.

Before the remake, how much were MM?

Yeah, $8000 is a lower price.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Everyone jumped on the MSRP so fast, they didn't give the price a chance to settle to what it should be. I'd bet there is even more room for wiggling in these prices than Stern's MSRP prices (which no one has ever paid).

I agree with this. If people knew they were going to be made endlessly, $8000 would never have been the price. I would bet 6-7.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess it depends on how long before. It wasn't that long ago that a decent MM crossed the 10k mark. But considering what other NIB machines that are easily available now go for, $8000 seems to be a little on the high side.

I agree. I really can't stand that that has become the baseline. I really am praying that the market just collapses.

These games were built to be PLAYED. The cheaper they are, the more people can enjoy them. Bring it on.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hell ya! That's why I bought and am playing the shit out of TRON LE. Not because I was speculating that I might make money. It's because I liked the features and look that were not available on the standard model. It is a superior machine that in my opinion plays better than the standard model. And I like to play it. So it was worth the extra to me.
But a cheap paint job on the side rails and an LE badge on a machine that will be made in bulk over the next few years just doesn't justify the price point being asked for MMR right now IMO.

That's another thing I hate - "LE" crap

The only reason those tiers were created was to milk as much cash as possible out of the wealthier collectors who drove up the prices of the machines to begin with. Literally the only reason. Stern saw the aftermarket and wanted a piece for himself. Can't blame him but man what a bummer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-whats-an-original-mm-going-for-considering-selling-my-mm-for-mmrle?tu=KoolMoeCraig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.