(Topic ID: 334197)

So what re-make may be coming next from CGC?

By FarFromHeaven26

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“So what re-make may be coming next from CGC?”

• Theatre of Magic 18 votes
    11%
  • Big Bang Bar 13 votes
    8%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 36 votes
    21%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 9 votes
    5%
  • White Water 12 votes
    7%
  • Punchy the Clown 9 votes
    5%
  • The Addams Family 11 votes
    7%
  • Twilight Zone 51 votes
    30%
  • Indiana Jones 5 votes
    3%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 4 votes
    2%

(168 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
c4431 (resized).png
68256861-013C-4E4B-96A4-B757E4A54806 (resized).jpeg
download - 2023-03-30T105625.332 (resized).jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

With the CACTUS CANYON LE on its way to me from the Windy City as I compose this post - and from what I am hearing the long wait was worth it in view of the sublime product that was made, not to mention glorious vindication for the initial disdain for the title - I am wondering what may be on the horizon. Yes, CGC is moving forward with their own new game (PULP FICTION) so they may not be aiming to approach the next re-make anytime soon. There are some pinball enthusiasts who have predicted there won't be any further re-makes, but I tend to think there will be at some point. If there are plans to add to this super-successful line (I will now own all four like many others in this hobby, and all LEs with toppers except for the MMR, which is standard) the usual suspects always emerge, save for the once mentioned BIG BANG BAR, a machine that appeared on the original press release of titles being considered. Personally I am not looking forward to THEATRE OF MAGIC, though for those who love it I can extend some hope for them. Rather, two other titles excite me: CIRQUS VOLTAIRE and TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS, prospects that combine aesthetic beauty with splendid play. Of course THE ADDAMS FAMILY, INDIANA JONES and THE TWILIGHT ZONE would be wonderful, but license issues (and they did after all make 20,000 TAF machines, I believe, even if there are few nice ones left in the market anymore) make their chances slim for consideration. So aside from the aformentioned BBB, CV, TOTAN and TOM (the likely titles being considered based on past announcements) we have WHITEWATER, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, and another title a few of the experts here adore, PUNCHY THE CLOWN. Anyway, should anyone wish to make a prediction and/or state a preference, please do so in the provided poll or in the comments. Many thanks. A tiny minority of pinsiders took exception to this post, (hence the downvotes you see on it) with one behind-the-scenes poster telling me it is "irrelevent" because a similar post went up last year. Yet, with the advent of PULP FICTION, priorities at CGC have clearly shifted to some degree. Even with politeness and appreciation, the waters at pinside can be rough. I've seen this in the past. 116 pinsiders have cast a ballot as of Saturday, April 1st at 1:30 p.m. Thanks so much.

download - 2023-03-30T105625.332 (resized).jpgdownload - 2023-03-30T105625.332 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

More MMR, then TZ.

#3 1 year ago

there is an existing thread for this topic

#4 1 year ago

We gotta be 3-4 years away from the next remake, no? CGC moves at a snails pace and now they have pulp fictions to make.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

there is an existing thread for this topic

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We gotta be 3-4 years away from the next remake, no? CGC moves at a snails pace and now they have pulp fictions to make.

Well my friend, you do make an excellent point there.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Isn’t that because like they said in the interview video for pulp fiction they are a arcade gaming company…

So, would assuming that is eating away at expediting pinball machines out the door.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Hi. Yes, there are plenty of existing threads on it. I thought in view of the shipping of new machines we could post another more timely one. I have commented on the others, but I wanted to provide an update in sentiments now, if you will. The previous thread you note - from over a year ago - doesn't include Big Bang Bar nor Punchy the Clown.

Theres plenty of active and timely ones already. Check the BBBr and TZr threads as well as many others.

#10 1 year ago

I wouldnt mind a TZ remake that would be awesome
Any chance they will release another version of medieval madness that will be once again superior to the LE and then the Royal versions?

#11 1 year ago

TZ from what I hear, but a NIB Creech would be *amazing*

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres plenty of active and timely ones already. Check the BBBr and TZr threads as well as many others.

Really? You don't say. Do they include the latest officially confirmed development and/or complications with the just-announced PULP FICTION and how that news might impact the company's plans moving forward? I don't think so. And am I "allowed" to post without obtaining permission? There are tons of posts at this forum that revisit subjects because some aspects of the posts may have changed. I posted here politely asking for opinions, nothing more. I am NOT a newbie and own all four CGC re-makes. I have participated dating back years on all or most CGC threads. But thanks for the advice. I am rather delighted that 86 people have already voted on this thread!

#13 1 year ago

I am NOT a newbie and own all four CGC re-makes. I have participated dating back years on all or most CGC threads.

68256861-013C-4E4B-96A4-B757E4A54806 (resized).jpeg68256861-013C-4E4B-96A4-B757E4A54806 (resized).jpeg

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wouldnt mind a TZ remake that would be awesome
Any chance they will release another version of medieval madness that will be once again superior to the LE and then the Royal versions?

They are planning another run of MMr ("near the end of the year"), but supposedly it will just be the SE version. Jim from CGC specifically told me at TPF there would be no more Royal editions.

Of course, there is nothing to stop them from making some new "King Charles" edition that is different somehow, but I doubt that will happen. I think they will just make another 500 SE models and then move on to their next game.

#16 1 year ago

Search the forum before starting a topic.

#17 1 year ago

Really? You don't say. Do they include the latest officially confirmed development and/or complications with the just-announced PULP FICTION and how that news might impact the company's plans moving forward? I don't think so. And am I "allowed" to post without obtaining permission? There are tons of posts at this forum that revisit subjects because some aspects of the posts may have changed. I posted here politely asking for opinions, nothing more. I am NOT a newbie and own all four CGC re-makes. I have participated dating back years on all or most CGC threads. But thanks for the advice. I am rather delighted that 26 people have already voted on this thread!

Yes, they contain much more relevant information than whatever magic world of imagination you have going on here

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Search the forum before starting a topic.

JustEverett, I have search the forum and in fact have COMMENTED on the posts others are breaking my balls about. I even STARTED one a few years ago!!! I thought - in view of the PULP FICTION announcement - it would be fair game and interesting to see where people stand NOW, and didn't see any harm in revisiting an interesting subject. I am not forcing YOU to participate. And I think I am in my rights to offer this query without obtaining clearance. UNREAL!!!!!!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, they contain much more relevant information than whatever magic world of imagination you have going on here

I asked for a vote. That's it. A vote. I wasn't attempting to enlighten you or anyone else. I asked potential voters to voice an opinion as to what machine they thought would be next or what machine they preferred. I was polite. YOU on the other hand were NOT.

#20 1 year ago

I am getting heat for posting on a subject I thought was fair game. I was polite and appreciative. Nonetheless, I have tried to delete the entire thread, but it seems only a moderator can do that. Robin, if you see this thread would you consider removing it. Many thanks.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is it really that difficult to comment again on a previous post, come on guys. ! Great UPDATED post from FarFromHeaven26, !!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Is it really that difficult to comment again on a previous post, come on guys. ! Great UPDATED post from FarFromHeaven26, !!

I deeply appreciate that, BigalzPinz.

#23 1 year ago

Tron Premium. For the last 10 years, Pinside has been claiming a Tron remake is coming at any time. Just like the original pro but with the ramp lights and wow will that make the LE people mad. Since Stern sure the heck is not going to do it, let's officially kick off the --> CGC presents: Tron Remake ++

FYI, my vote is Cirqus Voltaire

#24 1 year ago

Lol, spineless OP blocked me, so I can't see his comments... but my buddies still can, and they can show me. Did he really fail at posting a pic (just a link) and started to cry for Robin to close the thread? Of course he'll never see this, so if someone else wanted to tell him how to do a Forum Thread search, go right ahead.

#25 1 year ago

The blocking has begun!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Tron Premium. For the last 10 years, Pinside has been claiming a Tron remake is coming at any time. Just like the original pro but with the ramp lights and wow will that make the LE people mad. Since Stern sure the heck is not going to do it, let's officially kick off the --> CGC presents: Tron Remake ++
FYI, my vote is Cirqus Voltaire

My friend, I am totally with you on Cirqus Voltaire!!

#27 1 year ago

My friend, I am totally with you on Cirqus Voltaire!!

I sold mine years ago and have had regrets ever since (with a ToM ... double regret)

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

They are planning another run of MMr ("near the end of the year"),

wow you really want one bad !

#29 1 year ago

I am getting heat for posting on a subject I thought was fair game. I was polite and appreciative. Nonetheless, I have tried to delete the entire thread, but it seems only a moderator can do that. Robin, if you see this thread would you consider removing it. Many thanks.

yes please Robin !

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol, spineless OP blocked me, so I can't see his comments... but my buddies still can, and they can show me. Did he really fail at posting a pic (just a link) and started to cry for Robin to close the thread? Of course he'll never see this, so if someone else wanted to tell him how to do a Forum Thread search, go right ahead.

I'm also in the block club lol. You can open an incognito window and just copy and paste the link and you should be able to see anything the blocked person has said

#31 1 year ago

Roughly 4 hours after I published, a whopping 66 votes have been cast, despite some of the contentiousness in the comment section. Many thanks for those who have registered a ballot. Right now TWILIGHT ZONE is dominating.

#32 1 year ago

They gotta get over three mountains first.

c4431 (resized).pngc4431 (resized).png

#33 1 year ago

Right now TWILIGHT ZONE is dominating.

Only because you left Punchy The Clown Remake off the list.

LTG : (

#34 1 year ago

Really? You don't say. Do they include the latest officially confirmed development and/or complications with the just-announced PULP FICTION and how that news might impact the company's plans moving forward? I don't think so. And am I "allowed" to post without obtaining permission? There are tons of posts at this forum that revisit subjects because some aspects of the posts may have changed. I posted here politely asking for opinions, nothing more. I am NOT a newbie and own all four CGC re-makes. I have participated dating back years on all or most CGC threads. But thanks for the advice. I am rather delighted that 41 people have already voted on this thread!

JustEverett, I have search the forum and in fact have COMMENTED on the posts others are breaking my balls about. I even STARTED one a few years ago!!! I thought - in view of the PULP FICTION announcement - it would be fair game and interesting to see where people stand NOW, and didn't see any harm in revisiting an interesting subject. I am not forcing YOU to participate. And I think I am in my rights to offer this query without obtaining clearance. UNREAL!!!!!!

I asked for a vote. That's it. A vote. I wasn't attempting to enlighten you or anyone else. I asked potential voters to voice an opinion as to what machine they thought would be next or what machine they preferred. I was polite. YOU on the other hand were NOT.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#35 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only because you left Punchy The Clown Remake off the list.
LTG : (</blockquo

[quoted image]

Love it Lloyd!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

[quoted image]

Will do gjm. I'm trying.

#37 1 year ago

Nonetheless, I have tried to delete the entire thread, but it seems only a moderator can do that. Robin, if you see this thread would you consider removing it. Many thanks.

IBTL

#38 1 year ago

Oooooh, IBTL. Oooooh. Yet, tons of people have voted on the poll I've provided. I'm good, but thanks anyway. Go elsewhere to troll. Oh, that's right, you've been blocked now. Ha! No worries.

#39 1 year ago
#40 1 year ago

Wally, that title was promised by the company, so it could very well happen.

#41 1 year ago

In Before The Lock!!

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

In Before The Lock!!

Chad, gotta love it my friend!

#43 1 year ago

As of 10:30 a.m., EST on Friday, March 31, roughly one day after the poll posted, a whopping 86 ballots have been cast. Bally's TWILIGHT ZONE (TZ) is leading the way, with 30 votes (35% of those cast). Williams' TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS (TOTAN) is in second place with 16 votes. (20%) Thanking all those who took the time to express their sentiments.

#44 1 year ago

TZ makes no sense to me, it’s probably TOM. I’m hoping for TOTAN or BBB.

#45 1 year ago

Surprised this hasn't been locked yet. Time to drain it.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Surprised this hasn't been locked yet. Time to drain it.

Still at it I see, JustEverett. So you'd rather sustain contentiousness instead of honoring the 94 people who have voiced their opinions on the politely-stated query I made at the outset of this post. It appears the pinball community doesn't care what you think. Ha! Surely there are other posts to troll, no?

#47 1 year ago

Breaks my heart to see a good thread gone bad...

I'm a huge fan of CGC remakes because they've been so friggin' well made and reliable. I, too, have heard CGC plans to make more MMs late this year. That would be great. They could probably continue to make those for a decade and still not completely satisfy demand.

On the subject of the next remake, my vote is for Twilight Zone. My buddy has one that has had one thing break after another. It's still well-made, of course, but it is an old and complicated machine so something has to give. I'm not sure if it would be as big a success for CGC as MM or Monster Bash, but I'm guessing it would do better than CC.

That being said, the game I really want them (or Stern - Keith Elwin, I'm looking in your direction) to make is Kill Bill. CGC already worked with Q and the associated copyright holders on Pulp Fiction. So Kill Bill might be a natural next partnership.

Assuming it's a well-designed game, that's pretty much my "dream theme". Make it happen CGC!

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Breaks my heart to see a good thread gone bad...
I'm a huge fan of CGC remakes because they've been so friggin' well made and reliable. I, too, have heard CGC plans to make more MMs late this year. That would be great. They could probably continue to make those for a decade and still not completely satisfy demand.
On the subject of the next remake, my vote is for Twilight Zone. My buddy has one that has had one thing break after another. It's still well-made, of course, but it is an old and complicated machine so something has to give. I'm not sure if it would be as big a success for CGC as MM or Monster Bash, but I'm guessing it would do better than CC.
That being said, the game I really want them (or Stern - Keith Elwin, I'm looking in your direction) to make is Kill Bill. CGC already worked with Q and the associated copyright holders on Pulp Fiction. So Kill Bill might be a natural next partnership.
Assuming it's a well-designed game, that's pretty much my "dream theme". Make it happen CGC!

Nicholastree, I am deeply appreciative to read your passionate reply here my friend. I too, am flustered at a few of the responses, but then I realized 94 people have cast votes on the poll, which is the main reason for the post. TWILIGHT ZONE is getting some amazing support here. I did own it once, but parted ways with it about 16 years ago, because the example I had was replete with mechanical issues and a faded cabinet. The latter I know was typical for this game. But what a phenomenal game TZ is. I know it would be costly te re-make it, considering all that is in it, but I think if enough people promote it, it could be considered. KILL BILL sounds most intriguing too, especially since they are tackling PULP FICTION now. Many thanks!!

#49 1 year ago

TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS (TOTAN) is gaining steam in the voting and now trails TWILIGHT ZONE 33 to 20. 95 ballots have been cast as of 12:00 noon EST.

#50 1 year ago

I want it to be TOTAN but the rumors have me thinking TZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 36.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-what-re-make-may-be-coming-next-from-cgc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.