Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ChipScott
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403c19ccfe6bbc44776386b3712445c0cd2828b2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Well the good part is, there are no rules. You can do whatever you want.
    As for me, I am very judicious in their use. I will put one or two in the title if I can, and if it enhances the look instead of detracts.

1) Myself I have gone to blinking LEDs.

2) Depends on location. Some EM had blinkers stock and I tend to put blinkers there. For example Melody has them in the music store sign which lights up when the game is over.

3) Time to time I will add them to a game over location to add some animation to a backglass.

4) Add them to a "shoot again" insert (mostly applies to EM titles)

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

I like animated back boxes, always liked how Addams, and taxi was done. Upon changing out some bulbs to led’s on my taxi, noticed a set of bulbs directly behind Marilyn’s set. Needless to say, it was a great spot for a pair of blinker bulbs

Data East Playboy has flashers there.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Factory used them behind the spinning disc, it's a really nice effect, like there is who-knows-what going on inside that monster.

I had one at one time and perhaps will again. They are not that bad to work on, just a lot of moving parts.

403c19ccfe6bbc44776386b3712445c0cd2828b2.gif403c19ccfe6bbc44776386b3712445c0cd2828b2.gif

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I use anywhere there's flames, the fire bulb from comet is awesome there.

I use a fire bulb in the backglass of DE-JP directly behind the fire on the right hand lower side.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-what-is-your-blinking-bulb-policy?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.