(Topic ID: 277365)

So... waiting on TMNT, but Avengers is on its way out the door?

By RhettDR

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yobits
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 3 years ago

Maybe this got covered somewhere else... but WTH?! I want my TMNT...
What is going on here?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

What is going on here?

If you think about it, its a great "problem" to have. Stern is crushing it, putting out multiple great titles a year. Much better than what JJP is doing right now, that's for sure...

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

What is going on here?

Sounds like u have a fantastic problem sir. Waiting on a pin and new one has been released. What a victim u r.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

What is going on here?

Parts are ordered in batches, and the machines are run in batches. Those batches of parts have a lead time, because they have to be produced by the third party. Thanks to the cancer that is known as lean manufacturing (also known as JIT-Just in Time), these parts are not just sitting around and waiting to be shipped. The problem is that manufacturers, not specifically pinball related, have gone from "lean" to "anorexic" as a way of life. So when something like a Pinball machine sells above expectations, there is no extra slack stock to fill in while new stock is being made.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Parts are ordered in batches, and the machines are run in batches. Those batches of parts have a lead time, because they have to be produced by the third party. Thanks to the cancer that is known as lean manufacturing (also known as JIT-Just in Time), these parts are not just sitting around and waiting to be shipped. The problem is that manufacturers, not specifically pinball related, have gone from "lean" to "anorexic" as a way of life. So when something like a Pinball machine sells above expectations, there is no extra slack stock to fill in while new stock is being made.

It blows, but warehousing is typically one of manufacturing’s biggest costs. Distributors tend to further throw a wrench in things by relying on manufacturing to have a surplus of inventory. The whole thing is a cycle.

#6 3 years ago

Being a former big 3 misplaced autoworker, It took a lot of getting used to years back when I moved into lean manufacturing processes. It’s certainly a more cost effective way to do things, but the end consumer is the one left waiting. That’s hurt our customer satisfaction index, but what ya gonna do?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If you think about it, its a great "problem" to have. Stern is crushing it, putting out multiple great titles a year. Much better than what JJP is doing right now, that's for sure...

What does this have to do with JJP?

#8 3 years ago

They have your money, probably figuring you will wait!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

yeah like that never happens in reverse in a JJP thread. What do u care anyway?

#10 3 years ago

You do realize that Stern has 2 full assembly lines right?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What does hot have to do with cold? good have to do with evil? 2 VERY different pinball companies. One puts out multiple fun pins a year. The other....ehhhh not so much.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks to the cancer that is known as lean manufacturing (also known as JIT-Just in Time), these parts are not just sitting around and waiting to be shipped. The problem is that manufacturers, not specifically pinball related, have gone from "lean" to "anorexic" as a way of life.

Seen new car lots lately? I know in my area where once hundreds of new cars or truck sat at one lot, there are maybe 20% of what they once had. Seen this at Ford, Chevy, GMC, JEEP, all the 'domestic' makers. Thank you global economies of scale and JIT!

4 weeks later
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

What is going on here?

Tell me about it, hope you received your pin by now
i ordered my LE TMNT in start of June (international order)
which was supposed to be delivered this month, but delayed til December
i really would have liked to order a LE AIQ when i seen it
but i would not do that before the TMNT arrives
i think by then the LE AIQ will be sold out
and i am not really keen on 8 month delivery for new orders stated by distributor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-waiting-on-tmnt-but-avengers-is-on-its-way-out-the-door?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.