• Latest reply 3 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FCC1E87E-F67E-46C9-A38E-F79547BB41C6 (resized).jpeg
E4014F94-82E5-4D98-8F12-BB1705AC083B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is my issue with it as well. It's not a good theme for me, and it does basically uh.....nothing at all.... to pull you into a story or wanting to advance. That's not Keith's fault with the layout, that's on the sound and rules. The game isn't too difficult for me, but it's not engaging at all, IMO. Maiden is so much better in that regard.

You know...I think that might be my problem too. I LOVED this game at first...thought it was the second coming and best game ever made. Now having lived with it a few months...I donno. I mean, I like the game, but I've definitely fallen out of love with it, and I have been thinking of all the games I think I would rather own. Yes, it shoots well with a very unique layout that packs shots into every inch. But making those shots somehow doesn't feel as good/satisfying/juicy as some of my favorite games. And if you are off...it's a flail fest for sure watching the ball dribble half into the helipad, tower, C shot, etc. Ugg. Yes, it's deep with unique and well thought out rules. But...something is missing from them for me...there just isn't that "spark" I guess. I don't mind that it's set in the JP world rather than being movie based. The animations and A/V are well done. But it just doesn't pull me in and get me invested. I'll get frowned on for saying it, but I have a Data East JP right next to it, which I have had many years. While I know the new one has a better layout, better rules, better art, etc...I get WAY more pulled into the DE, and end up enjoying it more, even after all these years. The start of Tri-Ball...that is a serious MOMENT! As is CHAOS, System Failure, etc even if they weren't based on the movie at all. There just isn't anything in the Stern that compares on that level...which is weird to admit. Heck, compare the "Feed T-Rex" mode in the DE to the "T-Rex Hurry-up / Multiball"...something about the DE just puts the pressure on WAY more and is so much more satisfying to complete. Maybe it's just me.

I donno...I keep playing and keep trying to fall in love with it again. It's a great game. I do enjoy it, but can't help but feel with my limited budget, there are other games that would better suit me. And it's not for lack of getting to the good stuff. Just today I had a few great games...one where I got both Secure Control Room (sucked at it) and got to The Visitor Center (finished it for the first time), one where I hit King of the Island and Visitor Center again, and another game where I hit Museum Mayhem. I haven't quite put them all together to get to Nublar in-game though. I have played Escape Nublar Challenge, and I will admit that is sweet, and gets the adrenaline pumping. Something about the others though just leave me flat compared to most other games wizard / mini-wizard modes.

Glad this thread exists as I was feeling pretty alone here, LOL. I'm not quite ready to give up on it...it really is a good game. I just feel like I do not love it quite as much as I should, and thought I did at first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-um-jurassic-park?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.