New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271838)

So um.... Jurassic Park

By jorant

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FCC1E87E-F67E-46C9-A38E-F79547BB41C6 (resized).jpeg
E4014F94-82E5-4D98-8F12-BB1705AC083B (resized).jpeg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, time to close the thread. I think we have successfully proven that jorant is just a really bad pinball player.

I'm happy to sit on the list too. I'm fucking hopeless and have never finished better than last.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=73124

#102 3 months ago

If you don't like JP, many more dinosaur themes are sure to be coming and at least one of them should bring back memories no matter who or how old you are.

#103 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you don't like JP, many more dinosaur themes are sure to be coming and at least one of them should bring back memories no matter who or how old you are.

Hey O-din, do you often take pictures of you and the wife in the bath?

#104 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey O-din, do you often take pictures of you and the wife in the bath?

Depends on whose wife.

Not having my own has probably helped me from becoming a dinosaur myself.

#105 3 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Played about five more games on it today. Got many points in one of my games... oh well. Something about the shots don't feel as satisfying as they look in video. Meanwhile deadpool is definitely coming to my home some day.

A lot of times how a game feels can be to the setup. I played a Metallica on location and couldn't stand it (but my Metallica plays way better). I've played half a dozen Tron pins and they all play somewhat different.

#106 3 months ago

All that being said, I hope they can make a more exciting and fun to play game than this one. But, I'm not holding my breath.

#107 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you don't like JP, many more dinosaur themes are sure to be coming and at least one of them should bring back memories

You are probably right!

We have ninja turtles again so Barney can’t be far behind!
FCC1E87E-F67E-46C9-A38E-F79547BB41C6 (resized).jpeg

#108 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

A lot of times how a game feels can be to the setup. I played a Metallica on location and couldn't stand it (but my Metallica plays way better). I've played half a dozen Tron pins and they all play somewhat different.

This is so true, but seems to involve more than just set-up. Even minor differences in assembly tolerances make a huge difference in game play, and it seems to be most pronounced on Sterns - but that may just be my experience. The NIB experience is fun, but nothing beats playing the actual machine before buying. Especially on a tightly designed layout like JP2. I'm mechanically inclined but doubt my Metallica or Tron could be dialed in even with PHD's in physics and mechanical engineering. Can really be the difference between loving or hating a game.

#109 3 months ago

I had sort of an opposite experience. I wasn't too excited for this game when it was launched. I guess I was disappointed in the lack of movie assets, the art, the callouts... But I gave in and bought a premium based on its reputation and I'm loving it. It's a hard game but it manages to still be fun. By comparison, I loved Ghostbusters but I would get really frustrated by cheap drains and shots that felt somewhat unfair in their difficulty. So far I haven't made it too far into this game but I haven't thought of it as unfair, and that's keeping it fun. I think this game is going to stay in our home for some time.

#110 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

We have ninja turtles again so Barney can’t be far behind!

Based on a drunk down on his luck, hobo with a shot gun Barney and I'm in.

#111 3 months ago

Im surprised you didn't like it. I think its probably Sterns best game ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside