Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The universe was spinning 8 billion years before our planet even formed. We went from hunter-gatherers to visiting Pluto in just tens of thousands of years. 99% of mankind's technology has been created in just the last few hundred years.
    Imagine what a civilization could achieve with even a 100,000 years head start on us. Then consider they could have BILLIONS of years head start.
    I think the opinion that no civilization could last that long without destroying themselves is close minded. That's assuming a closed system. Easter Island is a good example of this. So is a planet.
    But if we could travel the stars such problems as politics, famine, war would be inconsequential. Also spreading your race across worlds would increase your chance of survival not limit it. Pretty much all our issues stem from resources. Space travel, hell even mining asteroids would solve a lot of that. Imagine claiming not just a continent but entire planets.
    Worrying about light speed is also naive. We don't even know how our own universe works. We didn't know how electricity worked 300 years ago. There could be means of travel we can't even conceive of yet. Spooky entanglement is totally a thing. How does it work? Could these underlying substructures to space time be exploited?
    To say space travel is limited to what we can achieve with our current combustion based propulsion methods is like Ben Franklin getting zapped by a battery and assuming it could never be harnessed into a super computer.

Space aliens communicate to us when we’re high on DMT. I thought everyone knew that?

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

that is the thing no one can agree upon.

Well 97% of the world’s scientists do, so there’s that. Plus a vast majority of the worlds population that understands the concept.

It’s very simple. We have an atmosphere. Nothing gets out. The crap we create doesn’t go away and it doesn’t disappear. Start a fire in a snow globe and then make it air tight again. That’s the earth, basically. Humans start a lot of fires. that cause a lot more damage than Yellowstone, I’m afraid. And we do a lot worse things.

This is just science. It’s not conjecture, and it’s not opinion, and it’s not politics (!). It’s fact. Reality can be a real bitch.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

If you make the snow globe airtight again, it would extinguish the fire. But we arent an airtight snow globe. Not even close. We have these things called plants that synthesize co2 into oxygen. That's science.

What % of scientists believe in plants converting co2 into oxygen? if it’s over say, 95%, it must be true!

But where do all the toxins go? And the poisons? And the gases. And the plastic. And the styrofoam and other trash. And the nuclear waste. And the silicon waste? It’s not just co2. Are you saying that the earth can absorb an unlimited supply of our crap forever?

And, for the record, human beings are clear cutting and eradicating all the plants. Which, as you point out, are the primary natural things in our eco-system that counterbalances all the shit humans are dumping into the environment. If climate change doesn’t get us lack of bio-diversity will. No more food chain, no more medicine, no more agriculture, etc.

I used the snow globe as a simplistic metaphor. Because obviously the “complex science” is confusing to deniers. But if you want to seize on my $2.89 gift shop metaphor to prove your point, go ahead. 97% of the worlds scientists have already backed my position.

Anyway, I like the UFO talk. I think other firms of life exist in the universe, and I imagine that if they ever got to earth it might not be good for us. Then again, if they’ve evolved as much as you’d think they’d need to to get here, maybe it would be a mercy mission. Help us pull our heads out of our asses and live enlightened, healthy, fair and balanced lives.

#166 4 years ago

That website looks really authoritative. But it’s better now than when it started. As a Facebook page.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/03/dont-trust-that-facebook-page-you-love.html

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I am not an astrophysicist, nor do I play one on TV... Just trying to use my brain a little for fun.
    I prefer to start as a non-believer in an idea, and then try and keep an open mind and consider as many angles as possible to consider likelihoods. I have no idea if aliens exist. I think it's likely they are out there somewhere, given how many planets we've found just recently, and how big the universe is (and continues to get measured as much bigger). But I CAN take a few guesses for fun, about whether we would ever likely encounter any aliens.
    In order to avoid human species "projection" and in order to take a few guesses towards what a "super advanced" civilization might have for "needs", I will use extrapolation to move far away from our "early-stage, smart-talking-animal" condition -- and move closer to "evolution-infinity", or "god mode" i.e. (in spirit mode without need for physical items/objects) as I consider a few examples.
    Assertions:
    1. As a civilization's tech approaches infinity (god mode), the need to have to travel and find precious resources goes down (at some point, you can make them yourself, from whatever resources you have, or you simply no longer need them)
    2. As a civilization's tech approaches infinity (god mode), the need to travel and explore goes down (once you can leave the body, you don't need physical resources)
    So with those two assertions in mind, I'm going to guess that for an alien civilization that reaches us in a ship, (which requires near-light-speed travel, or a refined ability to hibernate) -- they would have to be in a "tiny window of evolution" just a few 1000 years ahead of ours to: 1. accomplish near-light-speed travel or long-term hibernation AND 2. still have a need for physical resources OR 3. have an ethical need to help other civilizations
    But the universes show us that the RANGE of AGE and SIZE of all the objects in the universe is SUPER BIG, and thus the range of civilizations might be so as well -- a BIG range. Why do we so quickly consider that aliens would be just a few ticks up the evolutionary scale from us considering the range of possibilities?
    For the REST of the aliens in the far out future -- way out there who are 100,000's of years ahead of us, and are nearing an age of "god-mode" -- they won't "need" to reach us. And if they did need to help us out, wouldn't they do it in a more un-detected (without ships) fashion?
    So I'm going to go with the "odds" of someone reaching us, AND being hostile are VERY LOW... and I'm gonna go with the odds of them being WAYYY more advanced, AND being detectable AND just curious or helpful, is LOW as well.
    Possible? Sure anything's possible... but I'm still skeptical that in our TINY little window of existence here on the possible evolution map over billions of years, we are likely to see OTHER beings come in bodies AND in ships to us (to explore, help out, or take from us)...
    I'm also going with SUPER low odds that we'll detect with our 5+ senses physical objects/beings similar to us, AND only slightly more advanced than us, having our corporal needs...
    And don't even get me started on the chances of us understanding their form of communication <.00000000001 % -- Sure they may understand us to a degree -- but that's not communication.
    All our sci-fi books and movie scripts are relatable "projections" to warn us about ourselves in the future. They are not likely events.
    -mof
    I'm totally open to new ideas on this tomorrow. Just having fun here... Enjoy the coffee talk.

Totally dig your concept here. I mentioned DMT earlier, I wasn’t joking. Some think it’s how hyper advanced “alien” or otherworldly or inner worldly consciousnesses have elected to communicate with us. Interesting theory, and while out there, appealing and believable.

#201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I want to see the inter-dimensional elves. Where do I sign up?

I wish I knew, man. Haven’t known anybody that takes it since college. Apparently we dosed our pilots in small amounts in WWII to keep them awake on long missions. my friend said it improved his memory. “Sprinkle some over your cereal every morning and just throw away your phone book, because you won’t need it any more.

A little later I heard about the dosage that was hallucinogenic that could get people pretty crazy. Some claim it’s the worst high they ever had (scary and traumatic) whereas as others have much better experiences with shard elements that suggest a shared communication with higher beings. These beings, according to the theory, have chosen DMT (which is found in nature as well as the human body) as their method to connect with human beings, because any other way would just toast our minds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.