Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,559 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    IMG_6709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 3 years ago

Looks like a reflection

3 months later
    #452 2 years ago

Meanwhile here on Earth:

93451234-F8AA-4A2E-9345-885C5F667A22 (resized).png93451234-F8AA-4A2E-9345-885C5F667A22 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #486 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Simple answer: they aren't there.
    Believe me: I wish they were!

I take the Star Trek theory of non interference. I would guess that just obtaining our history to take back would be incredible. I know that if we found an earth 2 we would go nuts comparing our history to theirs.

2 months later
    #1115 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So what?
    By the way, ESP and all that is a crock, too, in case anyone was wondering.

What about Hyperthymesia? I’m very impressed with this ability and wish we all had it. The brain has a lot of untapped potential.

Hyperthymesia is an ability that allows people to remember nearly every event of their life with great precision. Hyperthymesia is rare, with research identifying only a small number of people with the ability. Studies on hyperthymesia are ongoing, as scientists attempt to understand how the brain processes memories.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160125-the-blessing-and-curse-of-the-people-who-never-forget

1 month later
    #1596 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The same guy has a good argument for why we will never establish a colony on Mars.
    Not trying to be defeatist or negative, but when I hear good logic backed by facts its hard to ignore.

Not in our lifetime perhaps but would love to see it terraformed and watch the politics on who gets to move there. The entire process would be epic to live through and watch.

1 week later
    #1662 2 years ago

Since we lost Aercibo maybe we could get Jodie Foster over there to film Contact II.

3 months later
    #1890 2 years ago
    1C93337B-4F6C-41ED-8C86-9E24E104F607 (resized).jpeg1C93337B-4F6C-41ED-8C86-9E24E104F607 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #1959 2 years ago
    CC645403-2A00-40F1-89F8-CAACA6D9B713 (resized).pngCC645403-2A00-40F1-89F8-CAACA6D9B713 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #2156 2 years ago

2 months later
    1 month later
    #2261 1 year ago

10 months later
    #2379 11 months ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I could absolutely believe that Earth is some kind of Galactic Sentinelese planet, where, if there are aliens somewhere out there that know about us, there's a do-not-contact order out for us, probably for the same reason we have one for Earth's Sentinelese, in that they're considered to be an endangered tribe, previous attempts at contact were met violently and there's not many other opportunities to watch a stone age tribe function in the modern day. We're also probably fairly inconvenient to get to and any contact that would happen is because of either mistake or somebody breaking the rules.
    It's also interesting to think about what those alien anthropologists actually know about us. It's completely possible to think that they might be able to arrive and avoid detection, sticking to uninhabited areas (of which there are still many), but not, say, know how to tap into our internet or even know how our society functions, kind of like how we can fly a plane over and take pictures of North Sentinel island, but we can't hear them talking or know how their tribe is structured. We can just observe the big structures and what people are carrying and try to make inferences.
    Full disclosure, I don't actually think this is happening, but if somebody told me that it is, I wouldn't immediately write them off as crazy. It would also be a good explanation for a number of the sightings that can't be explained in other ways, while also describing why contact hasn't progressed further than that.

Assuming they are 'good' that would make perfect sense. You would hope if we make it that far into the future our species would turn out 'good' also and do the same if we were to find life elsewhere.

6 months later
    #2494 4 months ago

If the time travel stuff has happened we couldn't know if anything has been altered but sure seems like some of the important points of our past haven't changed. I'd love to go back and save John Lennon for example. But the consequences of doing so are mind boggling so hopefully it's in smarter hands if it's possible.

4 months later
    #2558 3 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Three Body Problem books are a masterpiece of sci-fi lit

The concept makes sense, a great reason why we probably shouldn't be sending out signals to say we are here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=jimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.