Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#663 2 years ago

Great thread! I've always been a huge skeptic, but I love this topic. Especially now that we know the Gov't admits there are things in our restricted airspace that is far beyond our military's control. The implications of this phenomenon, are terrifying to say the least. We are not the most powerful force on the planet or even our own airspace, and apparently we never were. I think the only safe assumption is that since these UFOs possess such amazing tech, they couldn't possibly belong to either of our (US) enemies, Russia or China. We clearly would have been trounced by either one of them at this point if they had access to that level of tech.

Since none of us peons will ever really know what it is that the most secretive parts of our government has created or discovered, I suspect these UFOs are most likely a black ops program. But If that's true, and it is one of ours, then of course that raises several other question. How did they develop such other worldly tech? What else are they capable of and why hide it from the masses? Why not let the world benefit from what would be a new dawn in human civilization? We'd be a type 1 civilization, overnight.

With that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if it's something of this Earth, that has always been here, but is not man made. To think that we could have been sharing this planet all along with a far superior civilization would be mind blowing. I don't expect any more bombshells, but I am looking forward to the report next month. I just hope they give us some real "red meat" details in their briefing.

#665 2 years ago

All you guys throwing your math probabilities around, can throw that shit out the window. Obviously, these things that are being observed, defy our understanding of physics, so it's kind of a weak argument to use our knowledge on physics to explain them away or talk about how impossible they are mathematically. Our limitations as a civilization might not be universal.
    Hubris is a dangerous thing, especially when dealing with the unknown.

#677 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This is highly irrational, to say the least.

It's not obvious at all. That's kinda the point, no? I'll stick with physics and math until there is some actual empirical evidence to the contrary(and, no, shaky cam video and anecdotes do not empirical evidence make).

Indeed, it is. Do I need to point out yours?

To be clear, I wasn't trying to be antagonistic towards Ben. I'm simply pointing out that "lots of life in the universe" != "ET visits earth."

That only ameliorates some of the problems. Even assuming that only non-biological life is interstellar(a valid assumption, IMO), it doesn't change anything else in the equation, except maybe the amount of time to accelerate on both ends of the trip.

My only point was that these things are admittedly unknown. Expert observers have said as much. Acting like you're the smartest guy in the room isnt impressing anyone. I've also been extremely skeptical for years, but I'm not going to tell fighter pilots they dont know what they're looking at because I broke out my calculator and and it didnt add up.

So yes, it is obvious that there are objects flying around that defy OUR understanding of how they work. I'll take eye witness accounts from veteran, expert, military pilots over your self appointed declaration of expertise because you've "researched " them for years.

#679 2 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Or it is an intentional hoax. A government creating an atmosphere of fear by intentional false information so citizens become more reliant on said government to protect them from unknown-scary-bad-thing (and also to distract the citizens from the corrupt behavior they are engaging in) is far more likely than this being actual highly advanced technology.

Anything is possible. The only reason I dont think it's a hoax is because these kinds of reports have been going on for decades.

Plus there's been no reports of hostility or use of force that I'm aware of. Maybe that'll be phase 2? A staged attack with plenty of witnesses. Maybe theyll actually breakout the good cameras for that show?

#681 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If we can generate matter with negative mass, a lot of things suddenly become possible, including time travel and stable wormholes. Warp drives would be trivial. But, and this is the important bit, it's not likely that we can actually construct such things. Just because something can be modeled mathematically does not mean it can be engineered, or even actually exist. The day that that happens, I'll revise my thinking(again, not holding my breath).

I stand corrected. I was looking at one type of star. So, let's revise the scenario. I'll go with these guys: http://www.solstation.com/stars.htm
    34 Giants
    4 type B
    76 type A
    303 type F
    512 type G
    ~1000 type K
    ~2000 type M
    = 3929 or ~4,000 stars within a 100 ly range of earth.
    That makes the odds of a species being in range 1/1000.
    Not great odds. And that is making ludicrous assumptions about the strength of our broadcasts, the attenuation of the signal and intervening noise. So, it's wildly unrealistic in the first place.
    And it changes nothing about anything else I mentioned.

Do you not see the assumptions you are making here? If FTL travel is impossible, it doesn't matter how advanced the race is. If it is, then we're completely wrong about physics. Again, talk to me when someone demonstrates this beyond a mathematical model, and I'll happily reconsider my position.

Well, I am not claiming to be the smartest guy in the room, but I'm also not going to assume that any human being is incapable of making a fundamental error in observation, or that they can not be deliberately misled.

Before the egos blow up, no one is going to change anyone's mind here, pro or con. Honch, I don't agree with you, but I also don't want to create bad blood for a random post on a pinball forum, of all things. I'll drain the topic, grab a beer and call it a day.

No worries. Definitely no bad blood in my view even if you think my POV is ridiculous. It's just a little debate. I'm not hellbent on changing anybody's mind. I'm just open to the possibility that these things are a real life "alien" like technology.
    Whether they're man made or not remains to be seen.

#716 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Included in this video is the NEW video of radar that was released just today. It's a bit lengthy but he gives a great description of what you're seeing in the radar data and the various types of radar the Navy uses all of which corroborated this incident. If it is our own technology (DARPA or otherwise) it makes no sense why they would be harassing one of our own group of ships and risk altercation.
    If it IS China or Russia off San Diego's coast we're in trouble.

I just saw this a few minutes ago. This is very disturbing to say the least. I hope they're ours, but it really wouldnt' make sense for these objects to be used in this way.

#719 2 years ago

None of it makes any sense. Why admit anything at all when it comes to UFOs? I'm not buying into the argument that their hand is being forced on this issue.

#722 2 years ago

Yeah. Something has definitely changed their attitude.
    I'd be interested to know if the military has noticed a big increase in UFO sightings in recent years? If so, by how much and what could that mean for us?

#741 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

One reason could be propaganda against the CCP. As Communists they ban religion so nothing can be above government. Aliens changes that. Could drive a wedge of hope between the Chinese people and their oppressive government. (and a weaker CCP benefits the world)

I could see that being the case. Or they can use it in other ways. They could put fear into our enemies by letting them think this tech belongs to us.
    Ultimately I dont believe any government with these capabilities would show much restraint.

#820 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

No, but that's partly my point. Just because you can offset or make something that is not impacted by gravity does not mean you can suddenly move 13,000 mph and not have to worry about inertia.

From what I understood about how anti gravity might work, is that space moves around you, instead of you moving through space.

Kind of like this old coin op game.

#822 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Did you get that from Futurama?

Never watched that show. Actually, I saw a physicist explain it on youtube years ago. And yeah, I love those old coin ops.

#832 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

As a Christian I will tell you that these things that they are fixing to announce as real are not outer space aliens. These are fallen angels that were licked out of Heaven when they and their leader, Lucifer, rebelled against God. They were the gods of this earth. They have bred with human women creating giants such as in the story of David and Goliath. Revelation says that in the end times it will be just like in the days of Noah meaning that these fallen a nigella will present themselves as gods and saviors will say they have come to save mankind. They will teach all sorts of new age bullshit which is nothing but satanism. Think about it, why would a culture advanced enough span millions of light years come to this backwater planet to save us? Call me a crazy lunatic all you want. Read Genesis and Revelation and you will see that I am right. Look up giants or skeletons of giants and you will see the skeletons of the giants that were created from these fallen angels breeding with humans. Can you say Zeus? Do not let them deceive you.

You're right! I think you are bat shit crazy, but it would make for an interesting movie.

#837 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Well, I guess that is one way to look at it...

I was hoping that he was just trolling.

#889 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Enjoy your latest step towards gullibility and conclusion jumping.
    In what way is repeating the fact that they can't identify around 5% of sightings a "step?"

If you think that the US is EVER going to come out in ANY report and claim they've actually made contact and know they are extraterrestrial in nature...
    HEY! Lots of people will swear up and down they've seen ghosts, how about a report on that? Seems like proving life after death would change mankind more than some silly space aliens existing. I mean, at least aliens could exist using the same stuff we are made of, while ghosts don't seem to be made of "ordinary" matter. But of course that's all hogwash as well.
    Coincidentally, by pure chance, during the leadup and subsequent letdown of this huge report that I was supposedly going to need a bunch of excuses for, I just happened to be reading, on and off, a novel by Dean Koontz called Strangers. (Spoiler Alert.) Imagine the irony as I found at the climax that the incidents of the story turned out to be precipitated by the government's capture of an ancient ufo, whose inhabitants had aged out despite being in a suspended state (because even Dean Koontz can comprehend the distances and possible speeds involved, unlike some), although one of them managed to hang on just long enough to bestow magic powers on a few humans before the army got there (OK Dean, you lost me). The majority of the book was about the protagonists figuring out they've been literally brainwashed by the government to forget what they saw, and how the memories worked their way back due to their earthshattering nature. So I kind of saw where it was headed, but don't worry, the Evil General's backpack nukes were disabled telekinetically, and the new powers get transmitted to others very easily, so mankind will be saved!

You seem a little too combative about this topic.

I dont believe in ghosts, bigfoot or the Lochness Monster either, but the fact remains that something highly advanced appears to be flying around in our restricted air space. Comparing any of the aforementioned topics to UFOs/UAPs is a false equivalency.

I personally never gave much thought to the UFO phenomenon, until last year. Plus I don't trust the US govt to be truthful about much of anything when it comes to advanced technology they may possess . But The fact that they're now willing to admit these things exist and cant be explained by conventional theories, requires it to be taken seriously. They're either lying to us and know exactly who and what it is or they dont have a clue. Either way it's a bit disconcerting imo.

#896 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Come stay at my house.

I'll help you play ghost hunter. Are you supplying the beer? In all seriousness, I've never come across anything or experienced anything even remotely supernatural.

#898 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Many people haven't. But when it happens to you and you do your best to disprove it but can't, you'll have a real WTF moment.

You never know. Just a few weeks ago I moved into an old farm house that the prior residents claim is haunted. If I ever see any of these apparitions I will be posting about it.

2 weeks later
    #1196 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would have to somehow reduce my IQ by half to be interested in doing any more "research" into them than I already have, since everything I've seen so far is laughable.
    Why don't I just go away? Because it's ludicrous to waste bandwidth on them when there are real issues to deal with. This needs occasional pointing out.

You're going to help deal with real issues on a pinball forum? That's f'n ludicrous and I think it needs to be pointed out.

#1216 2 years ago

There is clearly something unexplainable going on, but it unfortunately it looks like it will just be an excuse for another bloated, budget, money grab. Somehow more funding is going to be needed to investigate objects in our restricted airspace. The same air space that just so happens to be the most heavily monitored and guarded areas on Earth already.

#1218 2 years ago

I thought that was just about moving money around that's already been allocated? I didn't think that applied to new funding. Either way, this investigation will just become another jobs program that will more than likely yield ambiguous/zero results.

#1236 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

One of the most intelligent things said in this thread. Thank you. (But you gotta wonder how people have conversations with people who have passed during NDEs and can recount conversations made outside hospital rooms. That's pretty f-ed up...) And man...would I love to hear your story sometime. We had a teacher that had one and her story was so amazing you couldn't just pass it off as a "lack of oxygen to the brain" as skeptics surmise.
    This thread really should just be a general paranormal thread at this point...
    Bigfoot, anyone?

UFOs? Sure, I'm game. Ghosts/paranormal activity? Yeah, why not? But, Big Foot is where I draw the line. I just can not entertain stories about the king of hide and seek.

Edit: I don't know what to make of them, but I do find NDEs very interesting as well.

#1241 2 years ago

You boys are having way too much fun with this "frivolous" topic/conversation. I'm sure a harsh scolding, a good talking to, and an ole fashioned intellectual ass stomping will be in order sometime today or tomorrow.

#1320 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

dumb question. why do they always show military footage of so called ufos in this black and white? why is it never color? i
    just don't buy any of it. from what i've been taught in astronomy, it's impossible for ufos to come here. don't know any aliens that can travel 65 light years for 5,000 years to get here. it could be another country technology, i might buy that.

You sound like the guys that told the Wright brothers that flight wasn't possible.

How could you possibly be aware of any civilizations that were that far ahead of us technologically?

2 weeks later
    #1527 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Just gonna throw this out there ...

Not exactly a Mensa meeting. At the very least, that guy seemed like he had an interesting story to tell, but the dopes in the room with him were unbearably annoying. Alien invasions are a bridge too far for me, but it would have been nice to hear his story uninterrupted.

10 months later
    #2241 1 year ago
    Quoted from DCP:

The CIA could be testing them on the Air Force and Navy to see how well they work.
    If the objects can't be identified, then the tests are successful and the radar and sensor jamming is working exactly as designed.

Just my opinion, but I think this is the most likely option. Black Op's programs are what I believe is being displayed, but not just radar jamming tech. I still think it's a not so subtle way to let our adversaries know our military possesses aircrafts that are capable of incredible maneuvers. It's not a good look for the military and our Gov't to admit we have objects in our airspace that they can't identify or stop. And since this game changing tech would have an incredibly, radical impact on society, they'd rather just play the old "we don't know what theses things are" card instead. It's kind of a backhanded admission, while at the same time making other countries wonder about our militaries true ability.

#2247 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

But what good is having the most awesome toy on the block if nobody else sees it?
    If we had an aircraft that made virtually every other enemy aircraft or missile on the planet useless, wouldn't it be in our best interest to use that as a deterrent, kinda like when we dropped the a-bombs? "Ok, we can defeat you without breaking a sweat, so knock it off"........that kinda thing?

You would think so, wouldn't you? But like I said earlier, the kind of tech that the ufo community claims these aircraft possess would be too much of a game changer for how our society works. The problem is, if the government did admit they have this level of technology, the masses would be up in arms if it wasn't released to the public to better our society and standard of living. I'm sure the oil companies, the military industrial complex and the powers that be, wouldn't be too happy about everyone being able to seemingly produce their own unlimited energy. Particularly, Energy that doesn't require fossil fuels or their Petro Dollar.

Quoted from RonSS:

Can't disagree. Of course, it still sucks we think war instead of bettering society. But war "pays the bills" right?
    In your opinion, do you believe we've created this tech all by ourselves? Meaning terrestrial origins. Or do you sway, perhaps, recovered craft and reverse tech? I'd say terrestrial except we've been observing stuff on record since the 1940s and interpretively even quite earlier (1900 airships, cave paintings hieroglyphics, etc).
    Amazing these government experts don't know about nuke missle incidents or the Wilson notes. Laughable. It'd be like a Pinside member expert not knowing about a schematic.

No clue. But If this technology does truly exist, I wouldn't be surprised if this was home grown tech. We're dumping billions if not trillions into these military programs. Not even the accounting is accurate, much less what they're actually doing with that money.

I'd love for it to be an alien tech that humanity has learned to master. There is a lot of interesting writings an drawings by ancient civilizations. Maybe someone is visiting us?? Im open to the idea of aliens.

Unfortunately, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing is ever done for the greater good these days.So even if we do possess this tech, it will never be used to help humanity and eventually it will be used against us. Tbis doesn't make me an expert, but I was a military contractor for almost 20 years. I worked on simulation equipment for the army. I can tell you first hand that There is zero accountability at the top of the food chain. I mean zero!! The amount of money I've seen get wasted over the years is nauseating . Lockheed Martin was the biggest offender that ive worked under. And once a contract is awarded to a company like Lockheed or Raytheon, they become the prime contractor. Once they're the prime, they can and do get very "creative" with that pot of money. So any or all of these companies having programs that run under the radar of even the CIA, would not surprise me in the least.

5 months later
    #2281 1 year ago

Strange how this topic is no longer in the news.
    I guess all the talk about a nuclear war, is enough of a distraction these days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.