Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I've seen ghosts, spoken with Angels. Never witnessed a UFO.

Near death experiance or high as F?

2 weeks later
    #399 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Exactly the same, except everything is a mirror image. The "Thunderbirds" guy made a movie about it:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064519/

Is Thunderbirds a grail pin that everyone loves in the other world?

#401 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

If it was reported right now that a UFO had landed and beings were inside would you believe it?
    If you saw a Hologram of a UFO landing and Beings exiting could you tell if its fake?

I'm from the Sho-Me state. I'd have to see it. I haven't believed anything in the news for several years. Enough said.

1 month later
    #424 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The first 2 seasons of Fringe were great... they it got lame.
    Kind of like an inverse X-Files! (which really got good in season 3)

I second this.

I would love to witness an UFO someday, but never had the opportunity.

2 months later
    #535 2 years ago

I think the 5th Element is pretty accurate. The Ancient Aliens guy convinced me at a young age. I think Bab Lazar is legit. I have no proof, but nobody does either way.

We need a Bigfoot thread. I'm camp Bigfoot, but believe Lochness Monster isn't real.

1 month later
    #1385 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Who's angry? Not me. My blood pressure comes from frustration that seemingly intelligent people can waste their time with this nonsense, impugning my rationality in the process. Any temporary raising is far outweighed by the lowering due to laughter.
    Maybe I didn't say it here (turns out it was on the ghost thread, another laff riot) but you must be aware of Sagan's quote about ECREE. Someone else did state it here earlier. Anyone with any brains agrees, but the "evidence" for UFOs is not only not extraordinary, it is just sad.
    I wasn't quoting anyone, silly, it was a paraphrasing of your inane argument. I left out some steps. "We don't know everything, so FTL travel is possible, so aliens have had time to discover it, so there are aliens visiting us." How could you say that you have not been arguing that? Well, clauses 2, 3 and 4 are not "inferences" in quotes, they are in fact inferences. Invalid ones, but inferences nonetheless.
    And, guess what? FTL is impossible, PERIOD. Popsci "physicists" pretending otherwise for money have fooled you. Matter cannot be accelerated to light speed, even, without an infinite expenditure of energy, so even that fast is impossible. Any "folding of space" to allow FTL is at best speculative and would require entire stars worth of energy to power were it feasible, never mind controlling it.
    The same line of reasoning you use can be used to decide we're all living in a simulation: Aliens have had time to create simulated universes, so there must be lots and lots of them, so odds are our universe is one of the simulated ones. Now get to work on that flooble crank.

I don't understand why you keep commenting in this and the ghost thread. You made your GD point and I don't buy your reasoning for posting, except in the beginning. I'm getting broken record from you. I believe what is really going on is you are getting too much satisfaction from arguing on the internet. One post earlier you said you hope this thread goes away, but buy commenting you bump it. Just drain it.

1 week later
    #1545 2 years ago

Funny, the skeptic is a fan of a conspiracy (maybe not the right term if one guy) that JMcDonald would create a pinside account 4 years ago, just waiting for someone to start a UFO thread on Pinside. LMFAO.

#1547 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Shhhhh ... don't blow my current cover for the eventual JFK thread.

Oh, I can't wait. I have a History channel DVD of the real killer (claimed by him) that the History channel struck from all of their video records. Bring it on.

#1549 2 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

George something???

Jame Files. The docuementary looks like it might be on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/I-Shot-JFK-Shocking-Truth/dp/B00AMHFQXM

Edit: I can't remember why, but an elderly neighbor that walked his dog by my house like 5 times a day, one day handed me the "I Shot JFK" dvd. He told me it was a History or Discovery channel documentary/episode that they no longer claim. I watched it and thought it was very interesting and compelling. Before I could give it back to my neighbor he died. I never bothered giving it to the widow becuase she probably would have rolled her eyes and said just keep it.

#1566 2 years ago

Holy f#ck you two. Grammar police is not the point of this thread. Give it a fucing rest. Anyways, back to reading other threads.

#1577 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Nice to see this thread has gone the way of well, every contentious internet thread ever.
    Can we close the thread now? ...and no, UFOs aren't "real" now...

What's your motivation for asking for the thread to be closed? I don't get it.

#1610 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Here is an updated video of all the footage taken of the "UFO in Turkey" incident from 2009 (I hadn't seen this before). This object was spotted hovering for more than a 3 hour period over a few different nights and various snippets of video were taken over that week. This was apparently witnessed by dozens of Turks. Some brief moments in the video are a bit eerie IMO.

I believe, but this video is not convincing to me at all. It's just too darn blurry and what are the clicking noises? It's kind of a catch 22 though because grainy videos are easy to fake and now the dropout film student can come up with a realistic looking video.

#1666 2 years ago

I'm watching Ancient Aliens right now on Netflix. It seems newer than what I remember wathing 15 years ago, but the funny hair guy is still there.

2 months later
    #1865 2 years ago

Crog circles are definitley not real. Funny how you never saw one until the first one happened. Then they each had to one-up each other. Many are really well done though. You got to love the human compulsion for out doing the next guy.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.05.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.05.51 PM (resized).png

#1868 2 years ago

I'm on ya'lls side with aliens, but not with crop circles. These started in the late 70's and ramped up from there. There were plenty of planes flying around prior to that.

Nazca lines are likely from the ancient aliens. Honestly, I don't think the movie the 5th Element had it that wrong.

1 week later
    #1876 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Let's hear it.

Was thinking the same.

#1887 2 years ago

The nuke theory doesn't explain the ancient aliens.

#1888 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobW:

I think it's us also, maybe from other dimensions but as the theory goes you can only travel back to when you had a time machine...so I think a time machine or dimesional travel has been created in the past couple of years. My bet would be the Chinese.

Could be, but this theary assumes humans are alone in this huge universe.

2 months later
    #2000 2 years ago

I just finished Three-Body Problem. It was an OK read. Kind of makes you think of aliens and what would happen.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.50.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.50.28 PM (resized).png

#2013 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

On my to read list. I think something cinematic is coming on 3body.
    Yep, Netflix.
    https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/three-body-problem-netflix-season-1-everything-we-know-so-far/

It should be pretty easy to make. They'll definitely need to polish the dialogue and hopefully fortify the plot. The book was interesting, but just ok and bad on a literal level. Mainly, because it's very clearly a straight Chinese to English translation. However, it does give insight to how that culture thinks and interact with each other.

#2044 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

But usually not nearly far enough.
    You people are delusional. But no different from the Sky Faerie crowd I suppose.
    You have one thing in common though, you really really "want to believe".

Sky Faerie, I have to look that up, as I've never heard of that.

Edit: my search only brings up video games, mainly Final Fantasy.

#2091 2 years ago

This thread is getting as entertaining as the $100 powder coat no pic thread.

#2109 2 years ago
    Quoted from cartert:

I once saws the invisible man. Was back in the 80s
    Woops wrong thread

In half?

1 month later
    #2176 2 years ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

Now I do know that folks say that Lyme disease is very closely related, and that is transmitted by a parasite(ticks). They don't fully understand what lyme disease does to the brain so I can see it possibly causing mental issues.

I had a coworker that claimed to have lyme disease. Totally mental.

4 months later
    #2279 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I wonder what people will think if the aliens are revealed and the males all have 36 large penii?[quoted image]

Could you imagine the party's.

2 months later
    #2282 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was very skeptical of skinwalker ranch. Does anyone else watch and what do you think?
    I think that the hitchhiker effect they discuss a little here is in further need of research. They don’t seem to discuss this aspect much due to history channels request.
    (I have a theory on why.)
    I think all closed documentation from bigelow industry are ultimately directly on this subject.
    It appears that something is going on.

I like it and think there is something geological going on. I've only been able to watch the first two seasons. If there is a third season, I haven't come across it yet on Discorvery +.

#2285 1 year ago

I'm disappointed they changed UFO to UAP. UAP doesn't roll off the tongue the same

#2291 1 year ago

Exhibit D: Uranus

4 months later
    #2359 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

If I can get to have a conversation with Gary Nolan that would be exceptional. Really I am trying to set up for a long conversation with him.
    I should be so lucky, but it’s tomorrow! The batter is heading to the plate soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience earlier. Who knows what it was, but certainly not normal.

1 month later
    #2372 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I think Russia is playing possum. They are still taunting the USA while they are being portrayed as out of weapons. I think once the USA bites Russia will bring out some crazy shit. China is waiting for the same. USA and Canada are seen as extremely weak because of the fact that we are so divided by the left and right extreme. We are the new Ancient Rome. We are so torn because of it that our focus is on trans rights and politicians that are lying to our faces. Just wait the next tech will be seen very soon.
    I had thought we might see some new technology soon. Who ever made it, no is talking.

That would be some epic sandbagging. Their army is so broken and pathetic.

#2374 1 year ago

So Ukraine is designed to make themselves look like the laughing stock of the world? Great faint to hide that you have the best aircraft in the world.

3 months later
    #2424 9 months ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

What does it say about alien technology that they fly through space at light speed, shoot in and out of black holes, apparently need no fuel and literally bend the fuck outta time and space…only to accidentally crash in some shitty desert in Nevada.
    C’mon man…

Accidentally crashed or shot down by a competing alien race? Maybe the ship was taken out by an underage pilot with traction control turned off and the red key.

#2427 9 months ago

Thank you so much for this video. I watched and subcribed to Why Files and have now binged watched a ton of videos. This is a well done channel.

7 months later
    #2538 45 days ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Oh, but "BBC" is definitely black
    Sorry, I'll see myself out...

This is indisputable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.