Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#923 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The first shop we rented for the show (and also where I designed AMH coincidentally) had weird stuff too.
    Something I didn't even notice until a "ghost hunter" friend of my sister pointed it out. The light that switched on and off the most. There was glue residue on the switch plate. I grabbed a roll of duct tape and sure enough, the size matched. A previous tenant had actually taped the light OFF. So we weren't the first.

Sounds like a potentially dangerous electrical short.

#973 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Check these videos out of this incident in Jerusalem. When the broadcaster says "here's another video from a different angle" watch closely (it's only a split second or two). It looks EXACTLY like the pulsating orb the pilot in Mexico spotted in your video.

#TheyAreHere

Blurry out of focus lense + aircraft nav light.

#977 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

lol, yes, an "aircraft" navigating straight down on the Dome, hovering perfectly still for a few seconds, and then shooting straight upward at a speed I've never seen ANY craft ever do. Witnessed (as noted from the multiple videos) from different angles completely opposite of the Dome showing the same angle of entry and exit. BTW, this coincides perfectly with David Fravor's description of the 2004 incident where the Navy was witnessing "objects" dropping from beyond 80,000 feet down to sea level, seemingly hovering for a bit, then retreating straight back up.
    At this point I'm thinking you're pretty much going to need an alien punch you in the face and say "hey idiot, I'm real".

Here, I wrote a poem for all y'all.

"Oh, what's that gleam upon thy lense?
    Could it be them Al-ie-ns?
    Moving fast, now slow and silent...
    Not exp-lain-able by science!
    Since I can't tell what it is, I must assume it's Al-ie-ns!
    Visitors from far away, so far away there is no way
    for them to travel here at all.
    Could it be an art-i-fact? a trick of light that does refract?
    A glitch of climate and the weather? Somehow avoids all scientific measure.
    Oh, what's that gleam upon thy lense?
    Could it be them Al-ie-ns?"

#1006 2 years ago

I'd just like to point out that all of these videos have been thoroughly debunked.

#1008 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

OMG, you are seriously out to lunch. Aside from the fact that there are multiple EYE WITNESSES who literally saw an unexplainable object(s), and aside from the FACT that these objects were picked up by multiple types of our most advanced radar system and sensors, the military themselves are telling you they cannot explain these objects as hard as they have tried (and they do investigate). So you get a person or two making videos for profit with some random theory (oh, it's a bird) on each video (as if it was just a single source in each incident) and you consider that "thoroughly debunked, case solved"?? Good Lord. The Gimbal incident explanation in particular is just ridiculous.

Sure. You seem particularly emotionally invested in this for some reason.

Let's just say that it is clear to me that the available evidence points to the rational and terrestrial explanation in a convincing manner. And literally zero actual evidence of anything else.

Can you explain what part of the simple explanations provided in the videos I linked you can find fault with? Is the math wrong?

#1012 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

...but you put your faith in Mr Wizard and his simple explanations.

It's not about "faith", it's about science. Sure, lots of unexplained phenomenon happens, nobody is denying that. The more you look at the world with very specific lenses (aka advanced military scopes, radars, etc.) the more likely it is that they will render glitches for things that fall outside of their nominal operating design parameters. Unexpected to the operators, but not really that special. You can't take these things at face value.

I've yet to see or hear of an example that can't be explained rationally, given adequate evidence to analyze. There is zero evidence that something that hasn't been explained is anything but another mundane case waiting to be explained. Sometimes there isn't enough evidence available to be analyzed to determine the root cause of something. That doesn't prove anything, other than we don't have the means to determine precisely what caused it. But, "absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence" applies across the board.

#1051 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Great comments from Jeremy during his interview with Russell Brand on the hubris of some folks (like Neil Tyson) any why now is the time for scientists to step up, know the facts, and then propose answers.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1403759003553906688

These people making a living interviewing one another Youtube based on gross-speculation over 10 year old blurry video is hilarious. There is zip here folks, sweet f*ck all. But sure, I bet the government is days away from releasing the extreme close-up footage they have showing little green men and spaceships that stop on a dime. Hold your breath everyone. lol!

#1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Got it. You do not and will not ever accept that extraterrestrial intelligence is visiting Earth. UNDERSTOOD. GOT IT. Now, why don't you go post in some thread titled "UFO's are not real" instead of constantly being dismissive and antagonistic here? Not sure why it upsets you so much that some people do have an open mind on the topic and find the recent revelations a bit fascinating (and would like to discuss it without your juvenile personal attacks).

Let's be clear, I have made no personal attacks of any kind, juvenile or otherwise. You, on the other hand...

Quoted from JMcDonald:

...At this point I'm thinking you're pretty much going to need an alien punch you in the face and say "hey idiot, I'm real".

Quoted from JMcDonald:

OMG, you are seriously out to lunch.

The fact that you choose to take any valid criticism or analysis of the actual evidence as a personal attack is on you.

Here's another fascinating video that should have been included in the set of UFO ones that you might have missed:

With regard to the video, the aliens are in Beijing, and the party (on earth), is tonight - in cosmic terms.

#1075 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm sure this upcoming Pentagon report will provide few definitive answers, and still follow the same blueprint of the last 75 years. The report will satisfy neither the supporters or the skeptics, and be spun by both sides to support both viewpoints.

If you mean that it won't consist of much more than what we've already seen, in terms of quality of evidence, then yes, I agree.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

However.....I just want to see this report CONFIRM that there are UFO/UAPs in the sky. Admit there is something up there. Admit that pilot eye-witness accounts are credible. Admit that recent Navy sightings are NOT radar abnormalities, optical illusions, weather balloons, or what disinformation tactic they've been using for the last 75 years.

I'd say prepare for disappointment on that front. Very strong odds in favor that they really are just balloons, artifacts from technical limitations/glitches of the hardware being used, or strange weather effects (ball lightning, anyone?).

#1079 2 years ago

Except that the lack of evidence is not evidence. You can't prove a negative.

So you have to stick with what you can prove, and nothing thus far has come close to proving that UFOs are anything other than noise between reality and human perception systems.

..anything *could* happen, we might find Santa Klaus at the North Pole, but the odds are slim.

#1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

It does crack me up all the people who want "evidence" etc...
    How may people on the planet buy into some religion? show me the evidence on any one of those yet most of the planet clings to some religion.....
    Humans are not nearly as evolved or smart as they think they are, pretty easy to see that looking around the current state of the world.
    We dont even understand what is in our own planet or oceans let alone anything that may exist oustide our planet.

I think I agree with you except for the first line. Just because an alarming majority of the planet waddles around in complete ignorance letting their lives be ruled by lame myths and legends doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for better.

The immense technological progress that we've achieved is the result of rigorous application of the scientific method, with those findings applied to engineering and such. Not due to prayers or ghosts or sacrificing of virgins.

On that note, here is a bone for the, ahem, "UFO Enthusiast" crowd on this thread. An actual scientific simulation that shows that it would be more feasible for intelligent life to spread across the galaxy than earlier predictions have shown.

https://gizmodo.com/aliens-wouldnt-need-warp-drives-to-take-over-an-entire-1847101242

#1100 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It isnt just cigarettes. 80% of the food we eat is carcinogenic or terrible for you in one way or the other. The FDA allows shit in our food that other countries wont allow. The food makes us sick and the pill the Drs hand out are worse. It aint ignorance folks.

Yet somehow the average life expectancy has basically doubled in the last 100 years...

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.00.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.00.03 AM (resized).png
    #1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:He isn’t in the loop.

You mean *this* loop?

Quoted from Teamhex:

...it's a mindset that people have that causes them to see things that aren't there.

No, I suppose he isn't.

#1174 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

...these unidentified objects are real.

Yeah, they are weather balloons, blurry cameras taking picture of stars, planets, and aircraft in the sky, and other readily explainable phenomenon.

I eagerly await the multiple independently-source and unaltered high resolution photos, videos, and radar recordings that will make it obvious that they are anything else.

#1178 2 years ago

T-1 day until the big nothing-burger!.

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Who really cares ..my life is so insignificant I'm sure aliens don't give a crap about me either.

Self-love is the first love dude.

#1215 2 years ago

Well I wasn't expecting much but even I'm disappointed. I guess they didn't release all their "evidence" for public scrutiny?

Really nothing to do here now but forgettaboutit.

#1258 2 years ago

So all y'all are blaming your own government because Unidentified Flying Phenomena aren't aliens or technology from the future? Interesting...

#1329 2 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The real hubris is among those who think we and our planet are worth visiting for this imaginary species that has mastered interstellar travel. It reminds me very much of religion. Religious people can't accept how truly insignificant they are and fabricate stories of omnipotent beings that care about them and fantastical places where they live forever. That's all this space alien crap is: a new type of religious belief. There aren't, and will never be, any hyper-intelligent beings from another planet visiting Earth. We have only other humans for intelligent interaction. If you can't get along with other humans, the aliens aren't going to like you either.

Amen brother.

Slate has a nice rational article up on the recent UAP report: https://slate.com/technology/2021/06/pentagon-ufo-uap-report-military-sensors.html

3 weeks later
    #1569 2 years ago

Nice to see this thread has gone the way of well, every contentious internet thread ever.

Can we close the thread now? ...and no, UFOs aren't "real" now...

#1586 2 years ago

Here's a good video that explains very clearly why it is all but impossible for intelligent aliens to have detected us yet, much less do so and travel here.

#1588 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

And AGAIN, that was based on CURRENT knowledge and understanding. We literally have no clue what makes up 95% of the "stuff" (dark matter and dark energy) in our universe. You do understand that the Theory Of Relativity is STILL just a theory, right?? And it has NEVER been reconciled with quantum mechanics, right? We're CLEARLY missing a HUGE portion of our understanding of reality. Heck, scientists used to think we would never be able to directly oberve or detect an exoplanet because of the vastness of space, but guess what? We found a way. And (also once again) we've already had physicists predicting ways to move multiple times faster than the speed of light without even breaking the field theory equations of Einstein's theory.
    So maybe, just maybe ... we're nowhere near as bright as some of us assume we are.

Magical thinking at its finest.

#1589 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Magical thinking at it's finest.

Bonus:

From the Arizona desert
    To the Salisbury Plain
    Lights on the horizon
    Patterns on the grain
    Anxious eyes turned upward
    Clutching souvenirs
    Carrying our highest hopes
    And our darkest fears

-Don Henley

#1594 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

My issue with your analogy is that you are comparing something with a definitive (and very limited) number of KNOWN factors to something (whether extraterrestrial from elsewhere has found us) that has a million factors the overwhelming majority of which we are yet to understand.
    As for the "radius" comment, yes, however, I read that as ... this is an estimate of the number of stars in one direction (180 degrees) out to 100 light-years, the radius. Versus, here is the estimated number of stars in 100 light-years in all directions (360 degrees.)

That's just a b.s. get out of jail free card. We know a lot more than you'd like to admit.

By the numbers alone, I'm certain there is other advanced life and even civilizations out there in the cosmos, life doesn't seem that rare or precious in the scheme of things. But the facts are the facts, and you have to completely ignore the same numbers to think that there could be intelligent aliens visiting Earth in advanced ships, etc. given the time-lines and distances involved.

It's a fantasy, I get it, I just don't require it.

2 weeks later
    #1679 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

News flash, they aren't waiting to hear radio signals from us.

Well that's a remarkable assertion! Where's your evidence? Oh right, it's all made up bullshit, I forgot...

#1683 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...all of us who believe in this stuff are just certifiably insane and should seek immediate help.

On that, we can agree.

#1728 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

This reminds me, this is a good question and time to ask: WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS FOR THE WELL DOCUMENTED TIC-TAC INCIDENT?
    Let's compile a list of the plausible explanations given that we have multiple types of cameras, multiple sensors, multiple craft (aircraft and ships alike), AND multiple eyewitnesses all involved in the same incident. All corroborated. What are the possible explanations? I'll start the list:
    1) It's another super power nation with technology that has leap-frogged us by many decades (if not centuries) and our intelligence failed us
    2) Our government is 100% lying to us, the event never happened, all of the witnesses, all of the video, and all of the data is 100% a complete fabrication possibly meant as disinformation
    3) It's a DARPA craft that the rest of our military is not privy to and for some reason it was moving in and out of an active Navy area
    4) It truly is an unknown advanced civilization craft, manned or unmanned, visiting (either from another dimension, another time, or another solar system)
    Am I missing other possibilities? What's your personal favorite explanation?

It's fully explained here, all you need is the ability to read a FLIR screen, as described in detail by the video author:

Tic Tac videos are typically planes viewed from particular angles.

All of these "sightings" boil down to viewer confusion, misrepresentation, or outright fraud. Your fantasy list of "explanations" are all so unlikely as to be next to impossible.

#1734 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

You are either lying or completely not willing to read the FACTS of the case. That's now a FACT.
    YES, they are "unexplained". YES, they are "UNIDENTIFIED". But you continue to NOT acknowledge the SIGNIFICANT EVIDENCE that these objects are real and SO significant that they cannot be explained. IF the military could explain the physics with which these objects moved they would say SO!!!! BUT the CANNOT!!! Our most advanved technology, containing multiple sources with multiple types of our most advanved techonolgy, COMBINED WITH MULTIPLE HUMAN EYES ...ALL paint a picture of an intelligent craft we cannot explain much less when we consider physics as we know it.
    For you to STILL pretend there is a potential innocent explanation is just flat-out ignorance and denial at this point.
    There is NO innocent explanation and my previous list of possible explanations are all that exist.

Let me know when the military finds those weapons of mass destruction they are hiding in Iraq, must be under all the flying saucers.

Some of these unidentified objects are real objects yes, mostly planes, a few balloons or plastic bags, probably a couple of drones. Do the aliens stop being "real" if you don't believe hard enough??

#1759 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Myself, I have always clarified that it is "physics as we know it".

"Reality as we know it"

Quoted from Azmodeus:

...The furthering of truth and the advancement of humankind just buried below a quagmire of shams…
    Digression over.

Actually, I think you hit this thread's topic right on the head of the nail.

5 months later
    #1999 2 years ago

Here is some mysterious sh*t!

Alien Beam TechnologyAlien Beam Technology

I took this picture myself with my phone. It clearly and irrefutably shows some amazing alien dark energy beam being deployed near Kelowna, BC. This is only about 60km away from the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory. I'm guessing they are using the "radio-silence" zone around the facility to hide their ships.

#2003 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

so just saw this thread which is awsome! So are they here? Aliens obviously exist in the universe. Your out to lunch thinking otherwise, but are they here? 40 pages is a lot to go through..and i have 3 kids

Still “no”.

#2030 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think the problem here is you said supposed objects, like you don’t even think they exist. I sense a hint of arrogance when you’re so dismissive that you think it could be a glitch and the objects weren’t real to begin with.
    Sometimes skepticism goes to far IMHO

But usually not nearly far enough.

You people are delusional. But no different from the Sky Faerie crowd I suppose.

You have one thing in common though, you really really "want to believe".

#2095 2 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Aliens are real and no one talks about it, such a weird time we are living in.

...more like aliens aren't real and JMcDonald wont STOP talking about it.

4 months later
    #2262 1 year ago

Aren't you guys excited by the news that NASA is going to study the "unexplained" UFOs on file?!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/world/nasa-team-study-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-scn/index.html

I know I am! Going to laugh while rolling on ground after they publish their findings that these are all readily explained optical/etc. phenomenon with nary an alien in sight... I look forward to your tears.

1 year later
    #2533 45 days ago

So, UFOs *still* aren't real now...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66812332

#2540 43 days ago

If you ever find yourself passing by Wallace, Idaho, there is a cool little UFO there you can sit in, and treat yourself to a delicious Huckleberry milkshake while you do.

(Like most UFOs, it's hard to find a good picture of it...)
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg

2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg

EDIT> I almost forgot, there's also a marker there to indicate the center of the known universe...

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png

Surprised you UFO buffs aren't all over this place.

4 weeks later
    #2563 13 days ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Tv version of 3 body problem was meh. Could have been done better

It's aliens! It's always aliens...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.