Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1092 2 years ago

It does crack me up all the people who want "evidence" etc...

How may people on the planet buy into some religion? show me the evidence on any one of those yet most of the planet clings to some religion.....

Humans are not nearly as evolved or smart as they think they are, pretty easy to see that looking around the current state of the world.

We dont even understand what is in our own planet or oceans let alone anything that may exist oustide our planet.

#1097 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I think I agree with you except for the first line. Just because an alarming majority of the planet waddles around in complete ignorance letting their lives be ruled by lame myths and legends doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for better.
    The immense technological progress that we've achieved is the result of rigorous application of the scientific method, with those findings applied to engineering and such. Not due to prayers or ghosts or sacrificing of virgins.
    On that note, here is a bone for the, ahem, "UFO Enthusiast" crowd on this thread. An actual scientific simulation that shows that it would be more feasible for intelligent life to spread across the galaxy than earlier predictions have shown.
    https://gizmodo.com/aliens-wouldnt-need-warp-drives-to-take-over-an-entire-1847101242

You are assuming that our "immense progress" and our assumptions about things mean anything....

It is very possible that we know nothing and our brains are pathetically basic.

Even our greatest scientific minds likley dont know jack shit about our universe.

Wasnt that long ago people throught smoking was good for you and it was advertised that way... we arent nearly as smart as you think.

#1101 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It isnt just cigarettes. 80% of the food we eat is carcinogenic or terrible for you in one way or the other. The FDA allows shit in our food that other countries wont allow. The food makes us sick and the pill the Drs hand out are worse. It aint ignorance folks.

Eh doesnt matter... just an example of how stupid humanity is in general. Pretty easy to find more examples just turn on the news.

Humanity as a whole is idiotic and the best of us arent really that smart.

To assume we somehow know even the most basic things about the world beyond ours is pretty ridiculous.

#1105 2 years ago

sure... its easier to say that than it is to just admit there may be things we know nothing about.

As I said how many people ( even really smart ones) buy into religious dogma... lets see some "evidence" on that.

Academics and scientists are ridiculous and cant get over their own egos enough to ever admit that some things may just be beyond their awesome brain power.

2 weeks later
    #1327 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Also, I've said it before but it's worth repeating. EVERYTHING we have ever observed using our most sophisticated tools ever ... accounts for 5% of the universe. Just 5%!! The other 95% is dark matter and dark energy and we really have no idea what those things are and we've never directly observed them. We just know they're here somewhere. If we can't even find 95% of the universe how bright are we really?

Yah this.... it is remarkable how arrogant and dopey people are.

We do not know anything, humans are pretty much advanced cavemen with shoes and bank accounts.

The smartest among us dont understand half the things in the ocean or our own environment never-mind outside.

#1340 2 years ago

The "where's the evidence" or why wouldnt they show themselves thing is hilarious also.

Look at most alien movies or human history...

If anything new or different than us came into our radar what would we do? try and capture, likely torture, or kill it, or nuke it....

If I was them I would lay low also since we are a bunch of morons with weaponry

What happens makes perfect sense... poke around and when spotted take off before some hillbilly shoots.

#1367 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The problem is that scientific-minded people (like DanQverymuch , I'm guessing) have to have solid, measurable, scientific proof in order to believe something. But that's not the way the world works, and we keep learning about stuff that was right in front of our faces every day. It's REALLY close-minded (IMO) to simply dismiss something as bunk because you haven't experienced it or science hasn't come up with a reason why it's happening. I think it's an ego-driven thing that if a scientist hasn't figured it out by now, it simply isn't possible. And THAT, my friends, is complete and utter bullshit.
    I have the utmost respect for the skeptics here...I'm a skeptic myself (you can't believe the lengths we've gone through to disprove the happenings in our house!). I just wish they had the same respect for the people who have actually experienced these phenomena.

Yup... I grew up in a house full of PHDs and scientists.

They are all the same... bunch of pompus blowhards that dont have an open mind and just follow the herd to impress each other.

they dont know fuckall about anything... didnt we just have to shutdown the world due to virus??

How long has this planet been dealing with viruses??

#1418 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Great interview between Glenn Beck

said no one ever. Dude is a clown.

You cant argue with science based people because their entire self worth is based on being (or believing they are) smarter than you and know everything.

They have zero ability to admit there may be things they dont know or understand.

They will stand there yelling "show me the proof" because the alternative is that they have to admit they have no clue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.