Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 52.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

If it was reported right now that a UFO had landed and beings were inside would you believe it?
    If you saw a Hologram of a UFO landing and Beings exiting could you tell if its fake?

I'm from the Sho-Me state. I'd have to see it. I haven't believed anything in the news for several years. Enough said.

#402 3 years ago

Continue on that path Ryan, there is some wonky shit going down, let no one be deceived.

#403 3 years ago

At what point does/did technology seem like magic?

How much knowledge or technology currently exists that could bring about true, positive change, but won't be released? And I'm not even talking ET here, although that certainly enters into the equation.

Wonky shit indeed.

#404 3 years ago

I just read Jacques Vallee's book "Messengers of Deception" from 1979. I think it is one of the more significant books I've read on the topic of UFOs and unexplained phenomena. It explores some very interesting connections between UFOs and mythology and mystical experiences. Vallee also never lets up on the important idea that any theories we have regarding these phenomena are only theories, and that we should think carefully about the whole concept of "belief". Just because one explanation sounds good to us does not make it true or even a "theory". It's just a guess until you have proof. Vallee is extremely skeptical of most things people offer as "proof". We should all be that skeptical about anything anyone is trying to make us "believe", whether it's UFOs, ghosts, or ideologies.
    Any information you receive could have been delivered by Messengers of Deception. Be careful!!!

MessengersOfDeceptionVallee (resized).jpegMessengersOfDeceptionVallee (resized).jpeg

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Vallee also never lets up on the important idea that any theories we have regarding these phenomena are only theories, and that we should think carefully about the whole concept of "belief".

If someone witnesses phenomenon that physics can not currently explain, and must make up new predictions to explain this phenomenon. Then shouldn’t predictions include all possible unknown ideas? If we have to explain something by creating new physics then why not allow all forms of new predictions?

It might be swamp gas, of it might not be, but when military video is released that shows new phenomenon, we should do everything in our power to figure out if the technology is from another government or other worldly. Instead we just ignore most things and dismiss them.

1 week later
    #406 3 years ago

I am on about page 75 in American cosmic. It is a fascinating read. My mental state is becoming more and more clear as I recover from my stroke and three brain surgeries. Five years ago.

It is a non fiction book and I can feel my mind taking it apart as I read it. What is real. What is illusion. In my perception, I mean.

If you are serious into ufo lore or into ufos in general. This book is for you.

Needs a picture section...

#407 3 years ago

I am making notes and plan on contacting the author. I have comments, perhaps she’ll want to hear them.

I will share those with you all too. The notes I’m taking now are on the process of creativity.

Such as;
    Some believe that advanced creativity is almost always created outside ones “self”.

This leads certain people to believe that they are receiving information from some otherworldly intelligence.

Maybe- but I believe this creative function is part of our own selves. Not some otherworldly self.

Our own minds. Natural abilities of our brains as we have developed or evolved.

I think it is our brain we are accessing in theses cases. Not some other entities.

Our Mind seems deeper and wider than anything else out there.

It’s not something else spurring our creativity. It is us.

I have been writing and that’s where I figured out part of my process (to receive?)
    But I’m not receiving alien transmissions,
    I have been creating them.

I am finishing this book then back on to some philosophy.

There information about a sacred ufo site in the book. It was suggested that the first episode of x files has a scene that looks a lot like this place. That is my favorite episode. The very first one.

The suggestion is that someone on the inside of ufo ology back then was on the x files team.

Not a big stretch.

This real guy in the book wears cameras and films his every interaction with every person. Whether they are aware or not.

She likens him to Tyler Durden from fight club. The first rule of ufo club is...

I think in the coming years we are going to see a lot in the world change. Nuralink and others will help the blind see. The lame walk. And we get to be a part of it.

They said there was nothing new under the sun. And I believed them for a while. But my eyes are opening and I believe there can be multiple new things under the sun.

I’ll be quiet now. Peace my friends.

#408 3 years ago

That’s why he refuses to be on television, except on television...

#409 3 years ago

Attention, all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control. We have assumed control.
    WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.

1 month later
    #410 3 years ago

Cylindrical object passes airliner in New Mexico. Probably just a missle we're not being told about.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a35632899/unidentified-flying-object-ufo-spotted-over-new-mexico-fbi-confirms/

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Cylindrical object passes airliner in New Mexico. Probably just a missle we're not being told about.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a35632899/unidentified-flying-object-ufo-spotted-over-new-mexico-fbi-confirms/

I’m not so sure. If it is just a missle, that was a pretty dumb move by the military. Just a small trajectory wobble and the airliner would’ve been shot down and the military would’ve been in big trouble.

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

I’m not so sure. If it is just a missle, that was a pretty dumb move by the military. Just a small trajectory wobble and the airliner would’ve been shot down and the military would’ve been in big trouble.

Wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened.

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened.

True...government is good at covering their mistakes.

#414 3 years ago

Pretty sure it's not a missile. That would leave a contrail and I think pilots are pretty savvy at identifying something like that. Also, missiles only move in one direction - when people report these cylindrical things, they move in every direction...and FAST.

#415 3 years ago

Cruise missiles like the Tomahawk will make any number of course corrections during flight and have virtually no discernible contrail.

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Cruise missiles like the Tomahawk will make any number of course corrections during flight and have virtually no discernible contrail.

Who knew? Thanks!

#417 3 years ago

Contrails only happen when the air temperature and humidity is conducive to exhaust creating a CONdensation TRAIL. (Specifically cold, humid air.)

#418 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Contrails only happen when the air temperature and humidity is conducive to exhaust creating a CONdensation TRAIL. (Specifically cold, humid air.)

Wait, it's not mind control drugs? DARN!

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

Wait, it's not mind control drugs? DARN!

No, that was project MK Ultra.

#420 3 years ago

MK Ultra wasn't about controlling your mind. The idea was to use LSD as an enhancement so subjects could "remote view" Soviet secrets (like an out of body experience)

Basically trying to do what 11 did in first season of Stranger Things, at taxpayer expense.

#421 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

MK Ultra wasn't about controlling your mind. The idea was to use LSD as an enhancement so subjects could "remote view" Soviet secrets (like an out of body experience)
    Basically trying to do what 11 did in first season of Stranger Things, at taxpayer expense.

True, my bad.
    I'm going to stare at goats now...
    I'm also going to watch Fringe again.

#422 3 years ago

The first 2 seasons of Fringe were great... they it got lame.

Kind of like an inverse X-Files! (which really got good in season 3)

#423 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes, once they went "child" I was out.

#424 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I second this.

I would love to witness an UFO someday, but never had the opportunity.

1 week later
    #425 3 years ago

Fringe finished stronger than it ever began. The final two seasons were quite good and Leonard nimoy is in there.

I would suggest the last two seasons.

Might be just the last one, I’m rewatching.

This scene where our doctor discovers some good music.

#426 3 years ago

I tried to find the scene where the doctor modifies technology and makes a building vanish.

#427 3 years ago

I found Fringe a real slog to finish. Took years (back when it was on Netflix) I think Fox kept it on as some sort of penance for canceling Firefly.

Starting getting tired of it once everything was about the dual universes instead of "monster of the week" - one (of many) things X Files did better was to save the overarching conspiracy plot for the season start/ends.

#428 3 years ago

Did you by chance try Mars on Nat Geo? I was thinking about giving that one a shot. Haven't yet looked into how accurate the science is in that one. (I'm hoping it doesn't turn into Martian Chronicles -- that thing freaked me out as a kid)

-mof

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Did you by chance try Mars on Nat Geo? I was thinking about giving that one a shot. Haven't yet looked into how accurate the science is in that one. (I'm hoping it doesn't turn into Martian Chronicles -- that thing freaked me out as a kid)
    -mof

Have not. Maybe I'll try it when I re-up Disney+.

I think as far as life goes Earth may be somewhat lucky. If you consider the hypothesis that the moon was another planet that collided with us billions of years ago this would have helped to give us a molten, spinning core (that Venus and Mars lacks) which in turn gives us an EMF that protects us from solar radiation. And even down to evolution, having such a large moon in tidal lock (causing, you know, TIDES) may have forced creatures onto land that eventually evolved into land-faring creatures such as us.

#430 3 years ago

Nat Geo looks like free web viewing to me.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Have not. Maybe I'll try it when I re-up Disney+.
    I think as far as life goes Earth may be somewhat lucky. If you consider the hypothesis that the moon was another planet that collided with us billions of years ago this would have helped to give us a molten, spinning core (that Venus and Mars lacks) which in turn gives us an EMF that protects us from solar radiation. And even down to evolution, having such a large moon in tidal lock (causing, you know, TIDES) may have forced creatures onto land that eventually evolved into land-faring creatures such as us.

Do you think rats took out the dinosaurs (eggs)?.

#432 3 years ago

I read this book in my early 20's and it blew my mind!

Quoted from DCP:I just read Jacques Vallee's book "Messengers of Deception" from 1979. I think it is one of the more significant books I've read on the topic of UFOs and unexplained phenomena. It explores some very interesting connections between UFOs and mythology and mystical experiences. Vallee also never lets up on the important idea that any theories we have regarding these phenomena are only theories, and that we should think carefully about the whole concept of "belief". Just because one explanation sounds good to us does not make it true or even a "theory". It's just a guess until you have proof. Vallee is extremely skeptical of most things people offer as "proof". We should all be that skeptical about anything anyone is trying to make us "believe", whether it's UFOs, ghosts, or ideologies.
    Any information you receive could have been delivered by Messengers of Deception. Be careful!!!
    [quoted image]

#433 3 years ago

I continue to be fascinated by ufos, but I am looking the other way sometimes now.

I feel I am a hamster in a wheel to someone else who knows something about aliens and u f o s who is not sharing much.

What I mean is if there is anything concrete, (and there must be) it is not presented to us or even shown to us for consideration.

I understand secrecy and technological advancements and all that.

I think the Nimitz encounters were humans. But we don’t even get to hear what really happened at all. The drones we saw in the video and the comment there was a fleet of them.

(I predict China as the Nimitz encounter adversary, I could be wrong.)

First off, the only fleets we have ever seen were in natural formations or humanity. Pointing me at humans. Us humans should not underestimated.

Also, this fleet could likely destroy the planet in less than four hours. The news is nearly a decade old now. What / why / where.

This is my issue. Darkness, over my eyes. I’m getting further confused to the point where it becomes unimportant in my life. I guess I will always be interested in u f o s.

#435 3 years ago

I thought this was interesting...some SpaceX debris above Seattle last night looked just like a UFO! Re-entering space debris (man-made or not) could definitely account for a number of UFO sightings. Of course not all of them, but watch this video and it looks like something familiar from many UFO reports. It could look like a lot of different things from different angles (there are more videos online to compare).

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I thought this was interesting...some SpaceX debris above Seattle last night looked just like a UFO! Re-entering space debris (man-made or not) could definitely account for a number of UFO sightings. Of course not all of them, but watch this video and it looks like something familiar from many UFO reports. It could look like a lot of different things from different angles (there are more videos online to compare).

That's a cool video...but it does look like something re-entering Earth's atmosphere. UFO sightings frequently have things behaving in a way that defy physics, like changing directions on a dime or accelerating so rapidly that it would normally kill any humans on board.

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's a cool video...but it does look like something re-entering Earth's atmosphere. UFO sightings frequently have things behaving in a way that defy physics, like changing directions on a dime or accelerating so rapidly that it would normally kill any humans on board.

Which begs the question: if they are being flown by aliens what sort of beings are they? Or are they machines?

It's like the fallacy of Superman catching Lois Lane. Doesn't matter that she's been caught she'd still die from the force of suddenly deceleration.

Then exactly how do the aliens defy (our) laws of physics? Maybe it's more of a hack - exploiting the base structure of the universe. Maybe because it's a simulated universe and the UFO is simply performing a "warp glitch" like a video game speed runner.

#438 3 years ago

I’ve been watching UFO Case Files, on Amazon Prime. Some of the best UFO footage I’ve seen anywhere. First two episodes are the best, and the last 3 or 4 have some really good footage of “Ebanis”, which look like garlands of helium balloons that have intelligence. A few of the episodes covered whole fleets of “flotillas”. Really amazing stuff

#439 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

I’ve been watching UFO Case Files, on Amazon Prime. Some of the best UFO footage I’ve seen anywhere. First two episodes are the best, and the last 3 or 4 have some really good footage of “Ebanis”, which look like garlands of helium balloons that have intelligence. A few of the episodes covered whole fleets of “flotillas”. Really amazing stuff

Whats the exact name of the show? I can't find it.

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I’ll check tonight when I am at my TV

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ok, it’s “UFO Casebook”

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Ok, it’s “UFO Casebook”[quoted image]

Thanks, buddy!

#443 3 years ago

I am working my way through American cosmic and I beyond suggest everyone with interest in u f o s must read. I should be done by tomorrow. Just so good. Non fiction.

Must read, everyone in this ufo forum... IMO.

Even just based on the first chapter.

#444 3 years ago

This is her on podcast.

#445 3 years ago

I just ordered it. If it sucks, I know where to find you.

#446 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Which begs the question: if they are being flown by aliens what sort of beings are they? Or are they machines?
    It's like the fallacy of Superman catching Lois Lane. Doesn't matter that she's been caught she'd still die from the force of suddenly deceleration.
    Then exactly how do the aliens defy (our) laws of physics? Maybe it's more of a hack - exploiting the base structure of the universe. Maybe because it's a simulated universe and the UFO is simply performing a "warp glitch" like a video game speed runner.

I think the better question than "HOW do they do those maneuvers" is "WHY do they do that?". If the answer is they are trying to quickly flee because they've been detected, that's not a good answer. If they can go really fast, that's fine, ramp up to speed.. that's in the realm of possibilities. When you accelerate at a rate that would generate massive g's, you start to question how that can physically be possible. Then you start to question what these things in the sky even are. Maybe they don't realize we don't yet have that technology so it's not obvious to them they are making a mistake. But at the same time it's like if you're speeding 20mph above the speed limit and you see a cop, the last thing you do is slam on your brakes because it makes it very obvious you were speeding. Even though you want to reduce your speed as fast as possible, you also don't it to look like you're doing so.

Or maybe in the end they're like "You'll never catch us anyway, so we don't really care what you see"

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Ah, but superman can turn back time simply by flying fast enough around the earth, so it would stand to reason that he exhibits some kind of time dilation effect when he's hauling ass. Maybe Lois survives from superman's frame of reference (and just goes splat from an outside frame of reference).

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think the better question than "HOW do they do those maneuvers" is "WHY do they do that?".

The vehicle is traveling straight,in its natural realm, or dimension. We are seeing a glimpse of this realm as it occurs, but because the "Edges" so to speak of the intersection of realms is jagged, it appears the vehicle conducts impossible maneuvers.
    Sort of like a reflection on glass that is moved quickly.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Ok, it’s “UFO Casebook”[quoted image]

Just watched the episode with the things that look like strings of red, blue, and clear balloons.

What. The. Hell.

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The vehicle is traveling straight,in its natural realm, or dimension. We are seeing a glimpse of this realm as it occurs, but because the "Edges" so to speak of the intersection of realms is jagged, it appears the vehicle conducts impossible maneuvers.
    Sort of like a reflection on glass that is moved quickly.

Interesting hypothesis. There are theories that our universe is actually flat and the depth we perceive is an illusion of how the fabric of existence is presented to us.

Toyota raised good points about the "why" - if they can manipulate gravity then they could also bend light and make themselves invisible. Or maybe they're already doing that, and the ships aren't actually saucers or oval shaped but that's all we can see because of the light bending around the object - kind of like something that looks small and out of focus due to a lot of light being behind it.

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.