Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 52.
    #301 3 years ago

Demons to some, angels to others.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is no way current CGI could do the strange translucency of it's genitals. Totally terrifying.

Hmmm, didn't know "genital translucency" was not a capability of CGI. Almost anything can be faked on video these days. Do you have a screenshot or link to that part?
    I take your opinions seriously, @vid1900, and I intend no disrespect by asking you to elaborate on this...
    I would like to hear your arguments for why you believe the video is authentic, and why you don't think that models, animatronics, and CGI can explain it.

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

What do millions of people believe exist, have photos of and given detailed accounts of encounters, yet have not been proven to exist? (Oh yeah, they defy Physics).
    Ghosts
    Angels
    Demons
    Aliens

You forgot Bigfoot.

#304 3 years ago

Theyz is aliens out dar but dayz too farz away to visitz.

#305 3 years ago

Some of the cgi experts have stated that cgi THAT good, requires $$$$$ server time, and cannot yet be rendered at home.

So where is the budget (and profit model) for a free video given away on media outlets worldwide?

The Alien Autopsy was a high budget hoax, shown on Fox.

#306 3 years ago

Only proof I have of that special night is this picture they said is of me.

What it is I will never know.
    Celestial mystery or just a cosmic joke?

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Only proof I have of that special night is this picture they said is of me.
    [quoted image]
    What it is I will never know.
    Celestial mystery or just a cosmic joke?

Didn't need to see that, some pics are best kept to themselves.

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

Recognize this UFO?
    [quoted image]

Brady’s?

#309 3 years ago

Greg Brady from his groovy attic pad.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

We are not watching the old film, we are watching a russian cellphone recording of a film, re encoded twice, and then into whatever resolution Youtube believes your device can handle
    There is no way current CGI could do the strange translucency of it's genitals. Totally terrifying.

Agreed I’ll take Spielberg’s word on this I believe him to be the expert lmao

#311 3 years ago

Search Spielberg’s interview about skinny bob

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Some of the cgi experts have stated that cgi THAT good, requires $$$$$ server time, and cannot yet be rendered at home.

Hmmm, this looks like the classic "It's such a good fake, it must be real" argument! Not convincing to me, even coming from Spielberg and @Vid1900.
    Please allow me to give some background as to why I am such a diehard skeptic. I don't want anyone to think that I am just some asshole who is disrespectful of others' opinions. People who aren't used to having their ideas questioned can sometimes see skepticism as a personal attack. I just want all of you to know that I never mean it that way, and am only trying to contribute to truth-seeking in my own unique and sometimes abrasive manner.
    I grew up with, and was taught by, a serious scientist and respected thinker (my father, Bill Powers - astronomer, psychologist, systems theorist, UFO investigator) and his friends (such as Vallee and Hynek) to be deeply skeptical of "proof" of any kind. I've logged many hours of listening to and reading their detailed deconstructions of many so-called "phenomena".
    Dad used to refer to a thing in the human brain called the "Bullshit Detector". Everyone has one, but some are more finely-tuned than others. One's bullshit detector can be strengthened by experience and various exercises in logic and deduction. I was somewhat harshly trained in this fine art, but I appreciate it more and more the older I get.
    Bill Powers was invited to participate in Hynek's UFO investigations because of his "powers" of observation, and his strong ability to read people and sniff out fakes.
    There were only a very small number of UFO reports that Hynek, Vallee, and Powers believed were credible. The rest were the result of misidentification, misinformation, or some sort of deception or trickery with varying degrees of sophistication.
    There are a lot of people in the world who are willing to spend a lot of time and money to convince others of the truth of whatever it is they are preaching.
    Some billionaire could have commissioned the Skinny Bob fake, and provided the fakers with all the server time they need. People with big bucks and the motivation to deceive the public have been able to convince large numbers of people that their illusions are actually reality before.
    Who might have such motivation? Our own government is a prime suspect for many reasons, some obvious, some not.
    The Air Force has a huge motivation to try to convince the public that UFOs either do not exist, or that the Air Force already has made contact and has everything under control.
    Think about it - if they ever admitted there were objects freely zipping around in NORAD's airspace that were "unidentified", they would be admitting that they don't have full control and domination of the airspace like they always tell us.
    This makes some practical sense, since we don't really want our enemies knowing that certain flying objects seem to be undetectable by our systems.
    So they always press for full ID (debunking, or "We have the UFO in our possession" stories), or they question the psychological integrity of the person reporting the incident.
    This pattern has been the same since the Air Force first got involved in UFO investigations in 1952.
    Unfortunately, in 2020 and beyond, mere existence of film or video evidence contributes even less to the actual proof of a phenomenon than it ever has before. The Greys are going to have to step right up and start posting on Pinside, or we will never believe they exist!!!!

#313 3 years ago

I forgot my other reason why I think Skinny Bob has to be a fake. How could he get that turtleneck over his head???
    benheck - Must be some kind of carbon nanotube fabric that stretches like that.
    Don't get me wrong - Skinny Bob is invited to stop by my place any time he wants. I would be thrilled to meet him. C'mon down!!!!

#314 3 years ago

We have not yet discovered warp. Therefore the Prime Directive honored by the alien species’ visiting our planet makes it extra difficult for us to detect their presence.

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Hmmm, this looks like the classic "It's such a good fake, it must be real" argument! Not convincing to me, even coming from Spielberg and Vid1900.
    Please allow me to give some background as to why I am such a diehard skeptic. I don't want anyone to think that I am just some asshole who is disrespectful of others' opinions. People who aren't used to having their ideas questioned can sometimes see skepticism as a personal attack. I just want all of you to know that I never mean it that way, and am only trying to contribute to truth-seeking in my own unique and sometimes abrasive manner.
    I grew up with, and was taught by, a serious scientist and respected thinker (my father, Bill Powers - astronomer, psychologist, systems theorist, UFO investigator) and his friends (such as Vallee and Hynek) to be deeply skeptical of "proof" of any kind. I've logged many hours of listening to and reading their detailed deconstructions of many so-called "phenomena".
    Dad used to refer to a thing in the human brain called the "Bullshit Detector". Everyone has one, but some are more finely-tuned than others. One's bullshit detector can be strengthened by experience and various exercises in logic and deduction. I was somewhat harshly trained in this fine art, but I appreciate it more and more the older I get.
    Bill Powers was invited to participate in Hynek's UFO investigations because of his "powers" of observation, and his strong ability to read people and sniff out fakes.
    There were only a very small number of UFO reports that Hynek, Vallee, and Powers believed were credible. The rest were the result of misidentification, misinformation, or some sort of deception or trickery with varying degrees of sophistication.
    There are a lot of people in the world who are willing to spend a lot of time and money to convince others of the truth of whatever it is they are preaching.
    Some billionaire could have commissioned the Skinny Bob fake, and provided the fakers with all the server time they need. People with big bucks and the motivation to deceive the public have been able to convince large numbers of people that their illusions are actually reality before.
    Who might have such motivation? Our own government is a prime suspect for many reasons, some obvious, some not.
    The Air Force has a huge motivation to try to convince the public that UFOs either do not exist, or that the Air Force already has made contact and has everything under control.
    Think about it - if they ever admitted there were objects freely zipping around in NORAD's airspace that were "unidentified", they would be admitting that they don't have full control and domination of the airspace like they always tell us.
    This makes some practical sense, since we don't really want our enemies knowing that certain flying objects seem to be undetectable by our systems.
    So they always press for full ID (debunking, or "We have the UFO in our possession" stories), or they question the psychological integrity of the person reporting the incident.
    This pattern has been the same since the Air Force first got involved in UFO investigations in 1952.
    Unfortunately, in 2020 and beyond, mere existence of film or video evidence contributes even less to the actual proof of a phenomenon than it ever has before. The Greys are going to have to step right up and start posting on Pinside, or we will never believe they exist!!!!

Oh you can bet there’s real aliens on pinside ! Lmao

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Interesting. As a member of the Air Force, my take is that the flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Now look into the light.

52670A5D-160E-426A-9DED-A1A30226F79C (resized).jpeg52670A5D-160E-426A-9DED-A1A30226F79C (resized).jpeg
    #317 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

You forgot Bigfoot.

Bigfoot can't defy Physics.

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Hmmm, this looks like the classic "It's such a good fake, it must be real" argument! Not convincing to me, even coming from Spielberg and Vid1900.

I'm more of a skeptic than I used to be. I was wondering what cases your father thought were credible. Have you read "Incident in Exeter"? I found that one pretty interesting. Also the latest tapes from the Navy pilots off of Mexico was pretty impressive.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I'm more of a skeptic than I used to be. I was wondering what cases your father thought were credible

When Dad would talk about the Lonnie Zamora incident in Socorro, New Mexico, his eyes would get as big as flying saucers.
    He personally investigated the site and interviewed Zamora in 1964.
    That one sent chills up his spine, and mine, too!
    Dad measured similar physical impressions left in the ground during another investigation, but I'll have to look up which one it was.

I think I have a copy of "Incident at Exeter" around somewhere...I'll have to read it again...

#320 3 years ago

I remember when we got the "Look" magazine on flying saucers in 1967. I was 8 and was blown away. Lonnie Zamora the policeman was in that issue I believe. Here's a crazy book you should read. This incident was on Unsolved Mysteries.

IMG_0560 (3) (resized).jpgIMG_0560 (3) (resized).jpg
    #321 3 years ago

Faking aliens only to find a real one.

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If they did, they would have gave us the Corona vaccine back in December, before 1.5 million people died.

Orrrr, maybe they're hoping we all die so they can take our planet over? If rick and morty has taught me anything, it's that there are only so many planets like earth in this universe.

Quoted from seeburg220:

Recognize this UFO?
    [quoted image]

Definitely remember that brady bunch episode. It's not a UFO unless you can make a flute noise too (heard through the attic)

#323 3 years ago

In all seriousness, when I was a kid I really believed. Close enounters scared the crap out of me at the age of 5 (my parents probably shouldn't have let me watch that so early). I had an irrational fear forever because my dad had me believe that by playing the close encounters theme, the UFO's would come out just like in the movie.

As a teen, I read all sorts of theories of how ships could travel great distances, how they could levitate making no sound by using high electricity (which lead me down a path of lifters):

Another theory is they have engines that are like mini suns by rotating liquid metal in a magnetic chamber.

Logically as an adult, just on mathematical statistics alone, the odds of any alternate intelligent life finding us is like finding a specific grain of sand on the beach. Like it's been said already, the only likely explanation for "aliens" is if they are actually us from the future coming back to observe us.. And since they know the history of earth they would know where to find us.

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Not necessarily true. There are numerous reports of bigfoot simply vanishing or a bigfoot tracks ending in the middle of a field

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Another theory is they have engines that are like mini suns by rotating liquid metal in a magnetic chamber

Everybody already knows how they work. Bob Lazar told us they use a stable version of element 115, that we haven’t discovered yet. We didn’t even discover element 115 until years after bob told us about it.

Quoted from captainadam_21:

Not necessarily true. There are numerous reports of bigfoot simply vanishing or a bigfoot tracks ending in the middle of a field

If Bigfoot is not inter dimensional, then I doubt that it’s real. For the same reason I don’t believe in lech ness monster; the herd size needed to keep genetically going would easily be found with modern infrared cameras. You would need a large breeding population to keep diversity in the species. There would be hundreds of them, not just one or two.

Although a life long friend swears he saw one swim across a lake and walk out on to the shore while fishing one morning. I have no reason to not believe he’s being honest with what he saw. But I’m sceptical

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Everybody already knows how they work. Bob Lazar told us they use a stable version of element 115, that we haven’t discovered yet. We didn’t even discover element 115 until years after bob told us about it.

If Bigfoot is not inter dimensional, then I doubt that it’s real. For the same reason I don’t believe in lech ness monster;

Also since in both cases, the guys who took the most famous (and basically only) photos of those two cryptozoids confessed on their deathbeds that they were faked.

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also since in both cases, the guys who took the most famous (and basically only) photos of those two cryptozoids confessed on their deathbeds that they were faked.

Which bigfoot photo are you referring to? The Patterson photo from the film? Neither Patterson nor Gimlin has confessed to faking it. The surgeons photo of loch ness, in the other hand, was confessed to being a fake

#328 3 years ago

Which bigfoot photo are you referring to? The Patterson photo from the film? Neither Patterson nor Gimlin has confessed to faking it. The surgeons photo of loch ness, in the other hand, was confessed to being a fake

Hm, maybe I'm misremembering. I'm thinking of Bob Hieronimus. What's the current word about him?

#329 3 years ago

If the loch Ness monster was real, it would show up in satllite photos, like whales do

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If the loch Ness monster was real, it would show up in satllite photos

Not to mention, a Loch Ness turd floater.

#331 3 years ago

It pisses off a lot of people that we have not found life anywhere else than Earth. No Algae, bacteria, not a blade of grass, nothing. This makes the Earth exceptional and supports creation. So they continually predict life will be found next year, signals from space indicate intelligence, and louder than all..
    Aliens. Well, life from space is already here! This proves it.
    The small oblong-eyed grey-type are demons.
    The good looking Nordics are angels
    Entering our realm from the spiritual realm to intercede in the affairs of men.
    The Greys? Evil cattle mutilations, anal probing, inducing psychosis.
    The Nordics? Comforting dying people, at traffic accidents, bringing messages of hope.
    Is there life elsewhere in the Universe? Too far to get to,too far to communicate with, by design.
    Get used to rocks, and dust, maybe a few ice crystals. If you see a Grey rebuke it, resist it,then try and shoot it.

#332 3 years ago

Maybe the UFOs use some sort of quantum entanglement power distribution. Like you have a Dyson sphere someplace and it transfers that energy to the ship. (Though I think Dyson spheres are dumb, it'd be easier just to make your own sun)

It's possible aliens have a better understanding of the fundamental construction of the universe and use that to access power we can't even conceive of. Or maybe they don't space travel at all, maybe it's more of a cross dimensional shift.

#333 3 years ago

I've often wondered...

If UFOs HAVE the intelligence and technology to travel incredible distances to reach Earth, how in the Heck do they LACK the intelligence and technology to deter a crash-landing? (How can bewildering problems such as: dealing with atmospheric conditions, managing fuel consumption, keeping the crew healthy, or general ship maintenance issues, *suddenly* be an issue when you have solved 'traveling light years' to come see us, just to crash while in the end-zone doing your touchdown celebration.)

Those two things never added up to me.
    -mof

#334 3 years ago

They are using the very fabric of time, entangled with string theory

#335 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I've often wondered...
    If UFOs HAVE the intelligence and technology to travel incredible distances to reach Earth, how in the Heck do they LACK the intelligence and technology to deter a crash-landing? (How can bewildering problems such as: dealing with atmospheric conditions, managing fuel consumption, keeping the crew healthy, or general ship maintenance issues, *suddenly* be an issue when you have solved 'traveling light years' to come see us, just to crash while in the end-zone doing your touchdown celebration.)
    Those two things never added up to me.
    -mof

UFOs are from the past, so it's like a 2005 cell phone

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

2005 cell phone

That's back when you could drop a phone, and you didn't think twice about it!
    mof

#337 3 years ago

Our Space Shuttle, one of the most complex things ever built by man, was taken out by a chunk of ice. As Scott said in Star Trek 3 “the more they over think the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain"

I'm sure you get a UFO lined up in the sights of an A10 Warthog and that sucker is going down.

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

It pisses off a lot of people that we have not found life anywhere else than Earth. No Algae, bacteria, not a blade of grass, nothing. This makes the Earth exceptional and supports creation.

I don't know that our failure to detect extraterrestrial life supports a creationist read on the universe, but it certainly doesn't piss me off. If we're bumping into alien life there's a decent chance of it going south for us, either through open hostility or benign incompatibility.

Of course we're still in the infancy of creating devices to observe the universe outside our atmosphere, and we've visited only a handful of other planets, so it's probably premature to conclude that Earth is a one-off. But just because of the sheer size of the universe, I still think it's unlikely humans will ever get to communicate directly with other intelligent life, even if we're one day able to detect signs of its existence.

#339 3 years ago

Barry Taff put together a book called "Aliens Above Ghosts Below" that is pretty deep. Barry is a parapsychologist with 4000 cases under his belt including the famous case made into a movie "The Entity" back in 80s. He also has the nickname "Superman" because he has the ability to look at someone and "see" ailments, cancers etc on someone.

The book begins by defining ghost and hauntings, apparitions and poltergeist and supported these basic theories with a multitude of examples from Barry's experience showing the reader that these are not cut and dry.

The second part of the book dealt with aliens showing essentially the same phenomena in both areas of study. Barry tackles "holography perception" and finally tying everything together with the chapter on the PSI-UFO Connection.

He tries to tie some of the paranormal phenomena like "Zero Point Energy" with propulsion in UFOs. Other concepts that the typical descriptions of aliens with the generic looking big heads and lack of detail is because they may be "drones" of sort. The length of time to travel (even for them) is decades and maybe aren't alive so to speak.

Anyway, crazy concepts that made for interesting reading.
    414Q8ah5FpL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg414Q8ah5FpL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg

#340 3 years ago

For aliens to have visited the earth (and I am not saying they did or did not), I imagine there are 2 considerations:

1) A physical technology factor must exist that we haven't seen yet. Consider life before the wheel (prior to 3500 B.C. or so). Think how much harder or impossible certian things were, and then the wheel shows up and it was like night and day. Same thing with fire. I suspect there is a physical factor (like space-time manipulation) which might be quite easy to do that we just don't understand yet, but if we did, these kinds visits would be commonplace.
    2) There is such a vast number of places for an alien culture to visit, what is the likelihood they would bee-line from their world to earth? Or even run across us "along the way". Pretty small either way. Remember we are here on earth, so we are earth centric. But if you are from a culture a million Lightyears away, earth may not be on your Top-10 list of places to visit. It is likely not even on your map. Sure, you could stumble across it on the way somewhere (or by detecting EM waves of some kind), but its just not on any road map for them.

(The above a bit tongue and cheek to be sure).

That said, assuming there is a technology factor, and assuming they did stumble across earth 5000 years ago, would we be interesting enough to stay for very long, compared to the other places they may have visited? Again, hard to imagine such ideas given our current frameworks of time and space. In my mind, we may have been visited purely by accident 5000 years ago, found to be less interesting, and in the margin of some navigator's notebook, a footnote scribbled saying "Third planet from sol, primative multi-cell life, suggest re-check in 10000 years"

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

A10 Warthog and that sucker is going down

I dunno man, the "shield technology" introduced in 1981 with Atari's Asteroids Deluxe worked well unless you held the button down for too long.

-mof

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hm, maybe I'm misremembering. I'm thinking of Bob Hieronimus. What's the current word about him?

Maybe you're mistaking him with Bob Gimlin

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm sure you get a UFO lined up in the sights of an A10 Warthog and that sucker is going down.

Yep, the best fighter aircraft ever flown wouldn't give a shit about quantum physics.

I don't know if aliens are real or not, but I do know it took the USAF 6 months to fix my incorrect SS# that they fucked up when I arrived at Basic. The very idea that they are capable of creating and maintaining some sort of elaborate cover up is just not possible.

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

If Bigfoot is an alien, perhaps sent to Earth as some sort of punishment for breaking a law on the planet Kashyyyek, then that would explain why there aren't more Bigfeet.

#345 3 years ago

Wow that is super rad! That photo was taken in McMinville, Oregon which is about 30 min from where we live in Portland. Every year there is a UFO Festival in McMinville (well, not this year). https://ufofest.com

Quoted from seeburg220:

I guess I'll jump in -
    I have a very distant relative (3rd cousin), who snapped this UFO photo on his farm in 1950. It made Life magazine. I don't think it's ever been completely debunked.
    Google "Trent ufo" if you wanna read about it. [quoted image]

#346 3 years ago

This looks like the flying triangle type of craft that's been photographed and videotaped across the world since 1989. Years ago a friend of mine told me about how they were skateboarding around the suburbs of Las Vegas in the late 80's or early 90's when they suddenly realized something like this was floating slightly above the telephones poles and it was lighting up a section of the street. There's been claims that this is a secret military vehicle that is part of the Aurora project, this is referred to as the TR3B and you can watch this video where Edgar Fouche claims to explain what it is.

Quoted from jhanley:

I read that book.Saga Magazine used to put out a magazine called "UFO report "in the early seventies quarterly . I couldn't wait for it to come. I read pretty much anything I could on UFO's and still do. I have never seen one but wish I could. I saw a lecture by Stanton Friedman the nuclear scientist at UNLV in 1972 on UFO's even. Heres a picture my son took at his army base.
    [quoted image]

#347 3 years ago

Maybe you're mistaking him with Bob Gimlin

Nope

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

Every year there is a UFO Festival in McMinville (well, not this year). https://ufofest.com

I've been wanting to go to it for years. Hoping to make it in 2022.

#349 3 years ago

I'm watching a Joe Rogan from last tues. #1574 with Jacques valley and James Fox.

They start to talk about Bule book and hynek at about 65 minutes in. The whole podcast is on ufo phenomenon.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3cuW6TuyRnZxBNaQJeH2Ce?si=CsTEUeBZQ3unNsoe_wmvkA

#350 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Ancient Aliens!

There is a podcast called "Probing Ancient Aliens" which is hysterical. It's about 2 hours each week and done by two Orange county (calif) guys, where they spend the first hour shooting the shit about nonsense, and then the second hour trying to analyze what a specific episode covered, and who said what, etc. Mostly just two idiots shooting the shit about the ancient alien theories discussed in each show, and some satire about the TV idiots that portrait themselves as experts on the show. (And definitely NOT G-rated).

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.