Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 52.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

we can't pop over for a visit, and neither can they.

Interesting. I never looked at in from the POV that those "others " could not leave their own "solar?" system, either.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

...we happen to have evolved virtually on top of each other, we can't pop over for a visit, and neither can they.

Unless we are their 'experiment'. (Insert creepy music)

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Worrying about light speed is also naive. We don't even know how our own universe works. We didn't know how electricity worked 300 years ago. There could be means of travel we can't even conceive of yet. Spooky entanglement is totally a thing. How does it work? Could these underlying substructures to space time be exploited?
    To say space travel is limited to what we can achieve with our current combustion based propulsion methods is like Ben Franklin getting zapped by a battery and assuming it could never be harnessed into a super computer.

What's naive is thinking there is much more to discover than has been. We're pretty much up against the limits of big and small, with no hint of any fifth force of nature to exploit. We are lucky to be alive when we've figured out how to use these relatively recent discoveries (modern conveniences, vaccines, mass production) but before we destroy ourselves with them (pollution, overpopulation, blowing ourselves up) and ought to be concentrating on preventing these thing from ending us.

Spooky entanglement is a quantum thing, no bearing on things our size. And even if it could be used as tech behind teleportation, even if they could reassemble you somewhere else, it's lights out for the original you, even if the copy thinks he's always been you.

Say we could travel at a useful percentage of light speed, time dilation would mean the people left behind on Earth would never hear what happened. Let's just fix here for now, and let the distant future whatever we've evolved into worry about the sun swallowing Earth in a few billion years.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of you younger guys may not have heard about the Phoenix Lights. It was 1997 and it was quite a story at the time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights
    "Lights of varying descriptions were seen by thousands of people ..."
    Not one or two people saw this. Thousands of people saw. Lots of witnesses.

Planes and flares and balloons, oh my!

Quoted from yellowghost:

Optical illusion of some sort. Shirley if it wasn't , that video never would'hve seen the light of day.

Odd how the thing was flying at the exact same speed and direction as the plane. And don't call me Shirley!

#104 4 years ago

I have to agree with the late Dr. Hawking.

Any lifeform sufficiently advanced enough to travel space or dimensions, is not someone we would want to meet.

Ours and their goals would not be on the same plane.

It would be like us taking up a conversation with algae or lichen.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Spooky entanglement is a quantum thing, no bearing on things our size. And even if it could be used as tech behind teleportation, even if they could reassemble you somewhere else, it's lights out for the original you, even if the copy thinks he's always been you.

This was a pretty good Outer Limits episode...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Like_a_Dinosaur_(The_Outer_Limits)

#106 4 years ago

Another bizarre science fiction movie I saw once was Monopolis.
    Set in the Louisiana swamps with people from the moon that were time travelers in a secret base undergound.
    Had cult followers that acted kind of strange...
    Someone really had to be using their imagination on that one.
    Had some interesting special effects on that movie...

#107 4 years ago

Anyone remember the 1983 cult film Liquid Sky?

Liquid-Sky-1982 (resized).jpgLiquid-Sky-1982 (resized).jpg
    #108 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

There not aliens, there time travelers, from our future!
    And have come back in time to see what we're like, abduct
    people who in our future, may be criminals, see how we deal
    with current problems. etc.

**they're***

Damn people, I am from the Netherlands and even I know the difference between there, their and they're.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

**they're***
    Damn people, I am from the Netherlands and even I know the difference between there, their and they're.

English is your 2nd language. You had to learn it correctly

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

**they're***

Your right!

#111 4 years ago

Hahaha!

Eye sea what ewe did their!

#112 4 years ago

Back on track.

So we know of objects that can descend over 25,000 feet in altitude in under a second, and carry on as if nothing happened.

Others that can seemingly go hypersonic, silently.

All documented. And still, few people seem to care.

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

#113 4 years ago

“This is massive news that could shatter our entire conception of the universe and our place in it. Which is why I’m covering it in minute 23 of my show, right after the bull semen story.”

#115 4 years ago

Know, its your write.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Back on track.
    So we know of objects that can descend over 25,000 feet in altitude in under a second, and carry on as if nothing happened.
    Others that can seemingly go hypersonic, silently.
    All documented. And still, few people seem to care.
    Talk about cognitive dissonance.

I can raise a camera lens from an angle of 0 to 90 degrees in a second, which represents any altitude you want to prescribe to it. Which means a reflection or optic anomaly follows at the same rate. It doesnt prove anything.

#117 4 years ago

Climate change is real. Been happening since the beginning and that is a fact no one can deny The argument is if mankind is accelerating it and if so by how much.... that is the thing no one can agree upon. Yellowstone pumps a couple tons of C02 into the air daily, good luck with stopping that and Mars atmosphere is reportedly 98.5% C02 with no signs of it ever being occupied (ya know cow farts are dangerous and no cows either). And let's not forget fairly recently it was discovered that Antarctica is not just a massive shelf of ice, below lurks a 151 mile land mass with ice on it which means the climate changed at some point well before any "potential mankind effect" occurred (another fact). And if ET's start costing tax payers an estimated 120 billion a year I would suspect a 50 billion dollar space wall would be on the table lol.

So getting back on track here - if ET's are real then clearly they are technologically advanced as well. If they wanted to destroy us and take over they could easily. But maybe, just maybe they found the ultimate kumbaya and live in peace and we haven't ever given them a warm welcome. I would surmise every time they've appeared we've sent fighter jets after em (yes several videos do exist of this happening) not to mention airline pilots reports and some video of it from passengers as well.
    Talk about idiocracy - to think we are the most superior being in a universe of which we are unable to fully explore but yet can to a very small degree see into is the ultimate blind fold.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Climate change is real. Been happening since the beginning and that is a fact no one can deny The argument is if mankind is accelerating it and if so by how much.... that is the thing no one can agree upon. Yellowstone pumps a couple tons of C02 into the air daily, good luck with stopping that and Mars atmosphere is reportedly 98.5% C02 with no signs of it ever being occupied (ya know cow farts are dangerous and no cows either). And let's not forget fairly recently it was discovered that Antarctica is not just a massive shelf of ice, below lurks a 151 mile land mass with ice on it which means the climate changed at some point well before any "potential mankind effect" occurred (another fact). And if ET's start costing tax payers an estimated 120 billion a year I would suspect a 50 billion dollar space wall would be on the table lol.
    So getting back on track here - if ET's are real then clearly they are technologically advanced as well. If they wanted to destroy us and take over they could easily. But maybe, just maybe they found the ultimate kumbaya and live in peace and we haven't ever given them a warm welcome. I would surmise every time they've appeared we've sent fighter jets after em (yes several videos do exist of this happening) not to mention airline pilots reports and some video of it from passengers as well.
    Talk about idiocracy - to think we are the most superior being in a universe of which we are unable to fully explore but yet can to a very small degree see into is the ultimate blind fold.

Kudos....you must be a rare breed in Portland

#119 4 years ago

Well, all is good in the world because the “slide save” thread has almost twice as many posts as the UFO thread. This not only points to the fact we are still on pinside and pinball is twice as important to people here than UFO’s.

One thing I know is that when all that ice on Antarctica melts, it is going to reveal the aliens forward operating base!

Or at a minimum, we might find that crashed alien space ship. What would people do IF they did find a ship three?

#120 4 years ago

Perhaps aliens use Dyson sphere quantum entanglement resonators which to us would appear as a zero point energy device.

Dyson sphere (not the one on your vacuum) is a theoretical solar collector built around a star. There are some blank spots in the universe where people think they may have been built en masse.

Anyway, you'd use that energy to resonate one end of quantum entangled particles, the receiving end would be on your vessel. Then you'd somehow transfer that energy into something the ship could use. That would solve the problem of "fuel weight" with spacecraft.

Again, only a few hundred years after we were burning witches we humans have experimented with quantum entanglement. It's bizarre, that's why they call it Spooky. You can make a grid of particles, shine light or affect them in some way and the other pair, no matter where they are, will copy the result. I'm sure the first use will be military for 100% non-interceptable communications. Down the road it could provide zero-lag internet by taking the pesky speed of light out of the data transmission equation.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I can raise a camera lens from an angle of 0 to 90 degrees in a second, which represents any altitude you want to prescribe to it. Which means a reflection or optic anomaly follows at the same rate. It doesnt prove anything.

That's cool, but I'm referring to the Navy incident. A documented case using actual measurements from radar or other devices.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Down the road it could provide zero-lag internet by taking the pesky speed of light out of the data transmission equation.

I'm still getting used to LEDs having replaced incandescents. Now, you're looking to eliminate the speed of light itself.

I can't wait to see your next release: Spooky's Entanglement?

I hope that it features a folding ramp and a black hole paradox subway in which all bonus achievements are erased, but reappear elsewhere (perhaps in another player's tally).

#123 4 years ago

Amazing the things people choose to believe in. Bigfoot, not going to the moon, Oak Island, Loch Ness, chemtrails...

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Perhaps aliens use Dyson sphere quantum entanglement resonators which to us would appear as a zero point energy device.
    Dyson sphere (not the one on your vacuum) is a theoretical solar collector built around a star. There are some blank spots in the universe where people think they may have been built en masse.
    Anyway, you'd use that energy to resonate one end of quantum entangled particles, the receiving end would be on your vessel. Then you'd somehow transfer that energy into something the ship could use. That would solve the problem of "fuel weight" with spacecraft.
    Again, only a few hundred years after we were burning witches we humans have experimented with quantum entanglement. It's bizarre, that's why they call it Spooky. You can make a grid of particles, shine light or affect them in some way and the other pair, no matter where they are, will copy the result. I'm sure the first use will be military for 100% non-interceptable communications. Down the road it could provide zero-lag internet by taking the pesky speed of light out of the data transmission equation.

Sounds like we have arrived at the "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance you fall back and baffle them with bullshit".

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

not going to the moon,

Too many watched Capricorn One.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Kudos....you must be a rare breed in Portland

You sir are correct! And thanks.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Amazing the things people choose to believe in. Bigfoot, not going to the moon, Oak Island, Loch Ness, chemtrails...

I'm not sure I get your point here,,,

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

At one time there were tales about hairy man-like beasts in the jungles of Africa. They turned out to be gorillas, which weren't discovered until the 1930s.

I find this rock a little more fun to live on with a little mystery sprinkled in here and there.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

At one time there were tales about hairy man-like beasts in the jungles of Africa. They turned out to be gorillas, which weren't discovered until the 1930s.
    I find this rock a little more fun to live on with a little mystery sprinkled in here and there.

It is called cryptobiology, the study of creatures, such as the Loch Ness monster, whose existence has not been scientifically proved... The coelacanth fish was discovered in 1938 by such people, off the coast of Madagascar. Thought to be extinct prior to that time.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

That's cool, but I'm referring to the Navy incident. A documented case using actual measurements from radar or other devices.

You mean where instruments showed something that the human eye didn't see? Lots of documentation of false radar echoes and instrumentation glitches.

Not debating for the sake of debating, but just playing devil's advocate, that each of these have a plausible explanation beyond a visitor from outer space using alien technology. I personally don't know, but usually the more rational explanation is the correct one. Until you exhaust all those, and left with the irrational as being the only plausible explanation. With the number of stars and planets in the universe, odds are there is life beyond ours. But I don't know that any are visiting us on a regular basis. Because we'd probably all be working the salt mines if they did.

#131 4 years ago

I'll have to check again. Pretty certain the Nimitz encounter was seen by eye as well.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

You mean where instruments showed something that the human eye didn't see? Lots of documentation of false radar echoes and instrumentation glitches.
    Not debating for the sake of debating, but just playing devil's advocate, that each of these have a plausible explanation beyond a visitor from outer space using alien technology. I personally don't know, but usually the more rational explanation is the correct one. Until you exhaust all those, and left with the irrational as being the only plausible explanation. With the number of stars and planets in the universe, odds are there is life beyond ours. But I don't know that any are visiting us on a regular basis. Because we'd probably all be working the salt mines if they did.

If I'm not mistaken, ufo or uap doesn't mean alien immediately.

I applaud all thoughts of view on the matter. I'm fairly certain our government doesn't divulge tech for decades. Much like the stealth family, by the time we know about it, something better has taken its place.

I'm just enamored by laws of physics being stretched, and it's implications to the world as we knew it.

#133 4 years ago

UFO's are real. We don't know what they are because they're "UNIDENTIFIED". So that means they aren't necessarily "Alien", or even an actual solid object but an optical illusion.

#134 4 years ago

What does this mean for the value of the following pins?

Alien Poker
    Alien
    Alien Star
    Asteroid Annie and the Aliens
    Attack from Mars
    (others...)

My gosh...
    -mof

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

What does this mean for the value of pins?

I can see it now...UFOs do not exist and there are no such thing as Martians.
    Pricing plummets for Attack from Mars pinball machines in response to this breaking news.

#136 4 years ago

I like that show. The moderator or whoever that talks so much speculation gets old. I think from what they find pirates used to leave stuff there. As far as Knights Templar and all that I still think it was just stuff pirates left.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

...Pricing plummets for Attack from Mars pinball machines in response to this breaking news.

Well, until the Martians attack the planet then the price skyrockets. On the flip side, we know what to do to save the planet...use the Atomic Blaster!

#138 4 years ago

Does Area 51 and Roswell get honorable mention in this new revelation?

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And even if it could be used as tech behind teleportation, even if they could reassemble you somewhere else, it's lights out for the original you, even if the copy thinks he's always been you.

Oh man, I love this debate. Let's go over again how there's been about 20,000 Captain Picards in the run of STTNG!

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Not debating for the sake of debating, but just playing devil's advocate, that each of these have a plausible explanation beyond a visitor from outer space using alien technology.

I love how you got downvoted for basically saying "Occam's Razor". Still doesn't beat me getting kicked out of a jury pool for defining it during voir dire though.

Classic Pinside.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

GORILLA

"Today it's hard to imagine a world in which people didn't believe gorillas existed. But it's not so hard to imagine your own skepticism if you were regaled with tales about giant, hairy, savage man-beasts with bad tempers living in the wilds of some far-away place. (And you didn't have access to the Internet to confirm or bust the story.)

Right?

And so it went for Westerners for a long, long time. Some attribute the first sighting of a gorilla by a non-native to Greek explorer Hanno in the 5th century B.C., although today scientists believe he was probably witnessing chimpanzees or baboons --- called "gorillae," as it happened, by his interpreters. Another explorer, Andrew Battel, told tales of human-like "monsters" visiting his camp's fire every morning after the humans had left for the day (although he pointed out that the apes didn't know enough to put MORE wood on the fire, tsk).

But gorillas themselves remained obscure and poorly understood until 1847, when physician and naturalist Thomas Savage obtained several gorilla bones, including skulls, in Liberia, and coauthored with Harvard anatomist Jeffries Wyman the first formal description of the newly discovered species Gorilla gorilla. And it wasn't until a decade after THAT that explorer Paul du Chaillu would see (and, unfortunately, hunt) live gorillas, sending back specimens to the societies funding his expeditions.

But even more unbelievably? The mountain gorilla subspecies Gorilla gorilla beringei remained a myth until 1902, when it was first identified by German captain Robert von Beringe!"

#142 4 years ago

If it is Aliens, they are back to see what influence that violating the prime directive repeatedly. Has had over the last 35,000 years.
    And to see what we have done with the dug up tech and satellites they left behind.

Or maybe already in communication and trying to stop us from blowing oursrlves up and killing the planet.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/883521/Aliens-visiting-Earth-UFO-paul-hellyer-defence-minister-cold-war

#143 4 years ago

I kind of mentioned Oak Island half joking. It is a cash grab for easy ratings like this whole UFO thing. Those two brothers on Oak Island are either very smart and lying through their teeth or they are as dumb as they seem and true believers; either way they are cashing in on both the show and the tourists it brings in. The Discovery Channel gladly allows a program that suspends all facts, logic and common sense for ratings. Ancient Aliens, the Bigfoot show(s) and others are ever present. People in Roswell are still cashing in on a crashed military balloon 70 years later. As low as CNN has sunken lately in both ratings and respectability, they have nothing to lose and this story is no surprise.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

that is the thing no one can agree upon.

Well 97% of the world’s scientists do, so there’s that. Plus a vast majority of the worlds population that understands the concept.

It’s very simple. We have an atmosphere. Nothing gets out. The crap we create doesn’t go away and it doesn’t disappear. Start a fire in a snow globe and then make it air tight again. That’s the earth, basically. Humans start a lot of fires. that cause a lot more damage than Yellowstone, I’m afraid. And we do a lot worse things.

This is just science. It’s not conjecture, and it’s not opinion, and it’s not politics (!). It’s fact. Reality can be a real bitch.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well 97% of the world’s scientists do, so there’s that. Plus a vast majority of the worlds population that understands the concept.
    It’s very simple. We have an atmosphere. Nothing gets out. The crap we create doesn’t go away and it doesn’t disappear. Start a fire in a snow globe and then make it air tight again. That’s the earth, basically. Humans start a lot of fires. that cause a lot more damage than Yellowstone, I’m afraid. And we do a lot worse things.
    This is just science. It’s not conjecture, and it’s not opinion, and it’s not politics (!). It’s fact. Reality can be a real bitch.

If you make the snow globe airtight again, it would extinguish the fire. But we arent an airtight snow globe. Not even close. We have these things called plants that synthesize co2 into oxygen. That's science.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I kind of mentioned Oak Island half joking. It is a cash grab for easy ratings like this whole UFO thing. Those two brothers on Oak Island are either very smart and lying through their teeth or they are as dumb as they seem and true believers; either way they are cashing in on both the show and the tourists it brings in. The Discovery Channel gladly allows a program that suspends all facts, logic and common sense for ratings. Ancient Aliens, the Bigfoot show(s) and others are ever present. People in Roswell are still cashing in on a crashed military balloon 70 years later. As low as CNN has sunken lately in both ratings and respectability, they have nothing to lose and this story is no surprise.

So again, I'm just not getting your comments. I've never watched Oak Island, so maybe that's the disconnect.

Are you just saying none of this is real? You're lumping Big Foot, ufo, etc all together? As in, if one doesn't exist, none do? Nothing beyond what we are told is real or true?

You're a single shooter guy?

Just looking for perspective.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well 97% of the world’s scientists do, so there’s that. ...

50% /50% chance, but only a 10% of that...

#148 4 years ago

Still, one has to explain cats and the platypus.

Aliens, all of them. (or alien pets that got lost...)

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Just looking for perspective.

I'm saying that UFOs are not alien, we are not being visited by aliens now or in ancient times and we don't possess any alien artifacts or technology. Simple as that. It is all bullshit...but it gets ratings.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I kind of mentioned Oak Island half joking. It is a cash grab for easy ratings

I don't know about a cash grab. I am in construction, I know how much those machines they rent cost per hour, and even if the show makes them 52k a episode like Pawn Stars used to, it does not cover the money they have going out of pocket.

I think like the storyline goes they really got interested as kids, and they have been successful in life and was able to pursue their dreams, and they know any money coming in will help, tv, tourism, etc.

In reality the show could be fixed like Storage Wars is/was, but I doubt it with all the high dollar machinery they have been renting.

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/3?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.