Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,559 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    IMG_6709 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 52.
    #1651 2 years ago

Just posted, awesome ISS footage. (Good channel to follow other than secureteam10 on YT)

#1652 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

The government knows much more than they are telling the public. I firmly believe they have high resolution pictures and know full well whats going on

My suspicion is that this is exactly what they want us to believe - that they know something we don't.
    They don't want us or the Russians or Chinese to know that they actually still know next to nothing about UFOs.
    This seems a lot more likely to me than the possibility that the US government knows the secrets of the UFOs and are hiding them from the rest of the world.
    They're just putting up a smokescreen to hide their lack of knowledge, and wording their press releases so it sounds like they might know something.
    I still remain completely and utterly unconvinced by any of the so-called "new" information that has been released recently. Sorry.

#1653 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

My suspicion is that this is exactly what they want us to believe - that they know something we don't.
    They don't want us or the Russians or Chinese to know that they actually still know next to nothing about UFOs.
    This seems a lot more likely to me than the possibility that the US government knows the secrets of the UFOs and are hiding them from the rest of the world.
    They're just putting up a smokescreen to hide their lack of knowledge, and wording their press releases so it sounds like they might know something.
    I still remain completely and utterly unconvinced by any of the so-called "new" information that has been released recently. Sorry.

I really don’t believe any of the above.
    DCP, your either in denial or part of the disinformation campaign.

#1654 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Hell, Harry Reid, the US senator who's on the committee that wanted a further explanation about that recent report, confirmed this in one of his interviews.
    He flat out said "We have very high definition pictures of these objects, and they are not man made." Or words to that effect.

Exactly

#1655 2 years ago

What does China and Russia say? How do they handle sightings?
    They must have sightings, this thing is Global, right?
    So if they don't know what they are either than there is a general suspicion(or agreement) among the Superpowers there is an unexplained third (dimension) Party out there doing some wonky things.
    Maybe this has led to World peace so far. Maybe they are scared to do anything, be the first one to launch ICBMs.
    If these things are truly independent, unexplained then they may have saved us from being an ash pit years ago.

#1656 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Until then continue to explore,dream and research, its fun.

Amen brother!!

#1657 2 years ago

Coming tomorrow (tonight at midnight?) Looking forward to this new series.

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=top%20secret&jbv=81018709

#1660 2 years ago

Interesting article about China investing more into a SETI type program.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/what-happens-if-china-makes-first-contact/544131/

Favorite paragraph: In 2015, the Russian billionaire Yuri Milner poured $100 million of his own cash into a new seti program led by scientists at UC Berkeley. The team performs more seti observations in a single day than took place during entire years just a decade ago. In 2016, Milner sank another $100 million into an interstellar-probe mission. A beam from a giant laser array, to be built in the Chilean high desert, will wallop dozens of wafer-thin probes more than four light-years to the Alpha Centauri system, to get a closer look at its planets. Milner told me the probes’ cameras might be able to make out individual continents. The Alpha Centauri team modeled the radiation that such a beam would send out into space, and noticed striking similarities to the mysterious “fast radio bursts” that Earth’s astronomers keep detecting, which suggests the possibility that they are caused by similar giant beams, powering similar probes elsewhere in the cosmos.

#1661 2 years ago

I wonder what all these countries are really finding on the moon and Mars?

#1662 2 years ago

Since we lost Aercibo maybe we could get Jodie Foster over there to film Contact II.

#1663 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

What they describe in these videos is pretty much exactly what string theory states. Everything we observe is simply a vibration in "strings".

What are the differences?

#1664 2 years ago

For me understanding UFO means trying to understand our past.
    Why?
    The amount of precision, intricate stonework across the World. Impossible to fathom stonework, supposedly chiseled and drilled with bronze and copper.
    Were their aliens engineering all this so long ago?
    Whoever it was that achieved these wonders would certainly be considered an alien today. The Technology is lost, though many claim to know how they did it, no period record exists.
    These guys were 15000 years ahead of the times.
    At least. There is much proof for many of these megalithic cites being much older. The hunter-gatherer myth went out the window.
    Definite signs of an Intervention. There simply had to be an intervention from a higher knowledge source.
    Again, spend a half hour really researching and looking closely at the aerial renditions in ancient paintings, scribbles and stonework.
    This has been going on a long,long time.

#1665 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

There simply had to be an intervention from a higher knowledge source.

The book "Waiting for the galactic bus" was the first to introduce me to this concept.
    It is sci-fi comedy in the vein of Douglas Adams. Highly recommend. 10/10

#1666 2 years ago

I'm watching Ancient Aliens right now on Netflix. It seems newer than what I remember wathing 15 years ago, but the funny hair guy is still there.

#1667 2 years ago

Great video of a guy who had a UFO experience and made a model of it (inspired only after hearing David Fravor's account of the "Tic Tac" incident). Very good detail of his own account. Certainly sounds like he saw "something" to me.

#1668 2 years ago

They were real a long time ago. We just don't know WTF they are. Or that's what they're telling us anyway. I saw one with a group of others in 1980, and my father and his co-worker saw a huge cigar shaped one back in the late 60's on a pipe line survey out in the wilderness. Both sat there for a while and then went straight up and vanished. Maybe it's a hickup in the matrix.

#1669 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

The book "Waiting for the galactic bus" was the first to introduce me to this concept.
    It is sci-fi comedy in the vein of Douglas Adams. Highly recommend. 10/10

One alternative to the intervention theory. There was a highly advanced race that preceded the next more primitive. As the primitive race advanced something happened to eradicate the previous.

#1670 2 years ago

Another odd one caught on CCTV. Some folks refer to these as "cigar shaped" UFO's, however, this appears exactly like a "rod" to me. If you're not familiar with "rods" Google them. There are countless videos of these (just as the name suggests) rod-like objects that move at incredible speeds. They generally appear like a straight line with 3 points (one on each end and one in the middle). They move so fast and are so thin it's almost impossible to see them with the naked eye, but they've been caught on video countless times. I realize many will play them off as bugs (despite their inexplicable speeds and maneuvers) but they are curious nontheless. IF there is such a higher intelligence visiting I could imagine a probe or sensor of this design so as to go undetected by us.

#1671 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Another odd one caught on CCTV. Some folks refer to these as "cigar shaped" UFO's, however, this appears exactly like a "rod" to me. If you're not familiar with "rods" Google them. There are countless videos of these (just as the name suggests) rod-like objects that move at incredible speeds. They generally appear like a straight line with 3 points (one on each end and one in the middle). They move so fast and are so thin it's almost impossible to see them with the naked eye, but they've been caught on video countless times. I realize many will play them off as bugs (despite their inexplicable speeds and maneuvers) but they are curious nontheless. IF there is such a higher intelligence visiting I could imagine a probe or sensor of this design so as to go undetected by us.

I think the Olympic track & field team does their javelin somewhere near there.

#1672 2 years ago

UFOs are real now.
    Millions follow UFO stories/accounts.
    A million believe in them, that they are real.
    Thousands, perhaps millions claim to have had an encounter with them.
    They are featured weekly on MSM and Government information Sites.

Nobody can prove they exist.

Angels.
    People feel uncomfortable using Ancient terminology for an Ancient phenomena.
    So they go around their elbow to get to their ass, describing what they have seen or experienced in esoteric terms.
    Still Angels.
    Or Demons that copy the angels.
    Thats it Folks.

#1673 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

I have seen that before while hunting.

#1674 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

One alternative to the intervention theory. There was a highly advanced race that preceded the next more primitive. As the primitive race advanced something happened to eradicate the previous.

Yup, probably AI. Now they're investigating us.

#1676 2 years ago

News flash, they aren't waiting to hear radio signals from us. They've been visiting us long before we were smart enough to know what radio waves are.

Also, something tells me they're way ahead of us in communications and they are no longer using radio to communicate among themselves. Scientists have long predicted that the time in which intelligent species utilize radio waves could just be a blip on the evolution timeline (which is why SETI has had little success finding them).

https://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/0929/Aliens-will-be-harder-to-find-after-they-stop-using-radio-signals-study-suggests

#1677 2 years ago

I can't say as though I disagree with the logic. That said, SETI is but one small part of the puzzle.

#1678 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Another odd one caught on CCTV. Some folks refer to these as "cigar shaped" UFO's, however, this appears exactly like a "rod" to me

I would say those are meteors...they appear in about 3 frames of video, hence the 3 lights.
    They also come from generally the same direction, another characteristic of meteors.
    The Perseid meteor shower is going on right
    now, and is one of the more active and visible showers.
    (Edit: added link to good article about the Perseids)
    https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-perseid-meteor-shower/

#1679 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

News flash, they aren't waiting to hear radio signals from us.

Well that's a remarkable assertion! Where's your evidence? Oh right, it's all made up bullshit, I forgot...

#1680 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Well that's a remarkable assertion! Where's your evidence?

I literally gave you an article loaded with facts about humanity's move away from radio to digital communication. The entire article describes why we could be having such a hard time detecting alien life if we really expect them to still be using radio. I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to think any intelligent civilization out there more advanced than us likely also moved past using radio fairly quickly and would conclude it would not be worth looking for to identify life elsewhere.

That article aside, we have millions of people who claim to have seen or encountered UFO's we can't explain which leads me to believe that at least some of them are legitimate and one of three possibilities for their origin is from another solar system (the other possibilities being from a different dimension or possibly from a different time).

Here is a great new video dispelling the debunkers who have offered up theories on the Tic Tac incident which to date is the most credible and detailed UFO sighting (most evidenced) ever IMO.

#1681 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

I literally gave you an article loaded with facts about humanity's move away from radio to digital communication. The entire article describes why we could be having such a hard time detecting alien life if we really expect them to still be using radio. I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to think any intelligent civilization out there more advanced than us likely also moved past using radio fairly quickly and would conclude it would not be worth looking for to identify life elsewhere.
    That article aside, we have millions of people who claim to have seen or encountered UFO's we can't explain which leads me to believe that at least some of them are legitimate and one of three possibilities for their origin is from another solar system (the other possibilities being from a different dimension or possibly from a different time).
    Here is a great new video dispelling the debunkers who have offered up theories on the Tic Tac incident which to date is the most credible and detailed UFO sighting (most evidenced) ever IMO.

You're wasting your time with these people. They won't spend any time doing any research or reading up on anything for fear they might be wrong. Or, more to the point, they're so close-minded and sure that they're right that there's no sense in them wasting their time to read up on it or watch your videos.

Just accept that all of us who believe in this stuff are just certifiably insane and should seek immediate help.

#1682 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Very interesting. Thks for sharing. If that video is full of nonsense, than we have a serious problem with our detection systems.

#1683 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...all of us who believe in this stuff are just certifiably insane and should seek immediate help.

On that, we can agree.

#1685 2 years ago

It's so easy to be a skeptic.

Let's get our vocabulary correct first. "Evidence" versus "proof".
    Until 1898 we had zero proof of subatomic particles. Zero.
    Until 1945 we had zero proof a nuclear bomb would work. Zero.
    Until 1988 we had zero proof that exoplanets existed. Zero.

2021 ... we have zero proof that life (ANY life) exists elsewhere beyond Earth

Yes, until definitive proof is acknowledged by the masses then we collectively don't believe it's true. But how you cannot listen to multiple military experts who witnessed object(s) with their own eyes, recorded by multiple types of cameras, confirmed by multiple types of sensors, and from multiple different craft (aircraft and ships alike) ... ALL confirming a physical object with unexplainable movements based on physics as we know it .. and still not call that "evidence" is beyond me. We have evidence, we don't have proof. Maybe they are just drones from elsewhere (unoccupied). Maybe they are coming from a different dimension or from a different time. But I think we have VERY strong "evidence" that UFO's are indeed real and we need to investigate further (and the government is clearly not telling us everything they know.) Something more intelligent than us must exist.

#1686 2 years ago

Wow, that article ticked a lot of boxes.

* associated ufo believers with believing horoscopes

* grainy photos and video (not untrue, but realistically governments have HD photos/video)

* brings Covid and "grounded" concerns into the picture

* mentions author may be wrong, but isn't.

Washington Post & NY TIMES, singing the mockingbird song, as usual. Any way we as a people can be divided, is being used against us. The "logical" thing to do, for either side of the argument, would be to demand full uncut, HD video of the 3 encounters made public. But instead, we squabble over 90 seconds and social distance.

The author makes good points, but falls short of convincing for me.

#1687 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

It's so easy to be a skeptic.

Really? I think it's way easier to just believe whatever you imagine.
    Real evidence and proof is a lot harder to come by than many people realize. That's why the "objects" are still being described as unidentified. If there is better evidence, it has not ever been shown or leaked.
    There have been lots of similar UFO reports mostly coming from the US military over the past few decades.
    We don't appear to be any closer to knowing what UFOs are than we were in the 1960s or 1970s.

#1688 2 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

* grainy photos and video (not untrue, but realistically governments have HD photos/video)

Where are these supposed HD photos and videos?
    I really would be very interested to see some.
    Why would governments be the only ones with HD pics? Why hasn't anyone else gotten a decent photo of a UFO?
    Any real photos or videos like that would certainly have been leaked by now.
    We are severely lacking solid evidence that could tell us the true nature of many UFOs.
    The US government has confirmed only that they still don't know what UFOs are.
    Nothing to get excited about yet.

#1689 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Really? I think it's way easier to just believe whatever you imagine.
    Real evidence and proof is a lot harder to come by than many people realize. That's why the "objects" are still being described as unidentified. If there is better evidence, it has not ever been shown or leaked.
    There have been lots of similar UFO reports mostly coming from the US military over the past few decades.
    We don't appear to be any closer to knowing what UFOs are than we were in the 1960s or 1970s.

This is precisely why it's easy to be a skeptic ... up until the point there is definitive proof staring you in the face you still have current understanding on your side (which, at this point is where we stand in regards to alien life visiting Earth, NO definitive proof, at least not being shown to us) . Skeptics (including Einstein himself) originally said a nuclear bomb would never be possible. Skeptics (including many famous scientists) said heavier than air flight would never be possible. Skeptics said we'd never be able to directly detect exoplanets. But ultimately, all of these things proved to be possible.

Up until the point the proof is staring everyone in the face the snarky skeptics always appear to be on higher ground and presumably "truth" is on their side.

HOWEVER, as Charles Dickens first wrote famously "never say never".

And I think the fact that we finally have our government admitting that UFO's are in fact real (regardless of what you think they are or where they come from) is HUGE PROGRESS toward the truth. The Tic Tac incident, in particular, is the most detailed, most witnessed, most evidenced, and MOST inexplicable event to ever be documented, confirmed to have happened, and reported. I'm thinking that puts us a LOT closer to the truth from just a few decades ago when the government denied everything, never allowed military personnel to be interviewed or discuss events, and never corroborated multiple sources of data.

#1690 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

This is precisely why it's easy to be a skeptic

I'm not following your reasoning here.

Quoted from JMcDonald:

Skeptics (including Einstein himself) originally said a nuclear bomb would never be possible.

And it was Einstein the skeptic who did make it possible, by being skeptical of his own work until he knew he had a usable theory.

Quoted from JMcDonald:

. But ultimately, all of these things proved to be possible.

...because skeptical scientists persisted until they had repeatable and provable results.
    They didn't become possible because someone wished they were possible, or because the "true believers" convinced the skeptics.
    Skepticism is a useful skill that produces indisputable results.

#1691 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

And I think the fact that we finally have our government admitting that UFO's are in fact real

...and you are still reading a whole lot into the government reports that isn't really there.
    They've worded the reports very carefully to make you think that they know some secret info that we don't.
    The ambiguity of their statements is designed to spark your imagination and make you think the government knows something about aliens and UFOs.
    Don't buy into their propaganda. This is nothing new.

#1692 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I'm not following your reasoning here.

"up until the point there is definitive proof staring you in the face you still have 'current understanding' on your side"

Quoted from DCP:

And it was Einstein the skeptic who did make it possible, by being skeptical of his own work until he knew he had a usable theory.

...because skeptical scientists persisted until they had repeatable and provable results.
    They didn't become possible because someone wished they were possible, or because the "true believers" convinced the skeptics.
    Skepticism is a useful skill that produces indisputable results.

You're treating skeptics as persons who are optimistic. In my mind true skeptics are those who will NEVER believe something up until the point someone else shows them it's true or possible (case in point, several people here in this thread).

And Einstein did NOT create the atomic bomb. He didn't believe it was possible. Yes, it was his equation and his initiative that started the search for an atomic bomb, but he never worked on it directly.

#1693 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

...and you are still reading a whole lot into the government reports that isn't really there.
    They've worded the reports very carefully to make you think that they know some secret info that we don't.
    The ambiguity of their statements is designed to spark your imagination and make you think the government knows something about aliens and UFOs.
    Don't buy into their propaganda. This is nothing new.

Huh? It's a fact that Congress was given a lengthy 'classified' supplemental briefing in conjunction with the public UFO report. That happened. I'm not making it up. Several Congress members made comments to their various levels of shock and surprise. It's a fact the public did not get all of the information.

It's also a FACT that the government has admitted UFO's are real. President Barack Obama himself confirmed as much. That also happened. Did they confirm they are from an extraterrestrial source? No. Did they confirm they are even "manned" craft? No. But they absolutely did confirm the objects are real, we don't know what they are, AND they apparently have abilities that defy physics as we know it. That all just happened if it hasn't sunken in yet for you. There is not some innocent explanation.

#1694 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

There is not some innocent explanation.

This reminds me, this is a good question and time to ask: WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS FOR THE WELL DOCUMENTED TIC-TAC INCIDENT?

Let's compile a list of the plausible explanations given that we have multiple types of cameras, multiple sensors, multiple craft (aircraft and ships alike), AND multiple eyewitnesses all involved in the same incident. All corroborated. What are the possible explanations? I'll start the list:

1) It's another super power nation with technology that has leap-frogged us by many decades (if not centuries) and our intelligence failed us
    2) Our government is 100% lying to us, the event never happened, all of the witnesses, all of the video, and all of the data is 100% a complete fabrication possibly meant as disinformation
    3) It's a DARPA craft that the rest of our military is not privy to and for some reason it was moving in and out of an active Navy area
    4) It truly is an unknown advanced civilization craft, manned or unmanned, visiting (either from another dimension, another time, or another solar system)

Am I missing other possibilities? What's your personal favorite explanation?

#1695 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

And Einstein did NOT create the atomic bomb

You really do need to read my posts more carefully - government reports, too. You have a very strong tendency to let your imagination run wild.
    I did not say Einstein worked on the bomb. I said his work made it possible.

Quoted from DCP:

And it was Einstein the skeptic who did make it possible

#1696 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Why would governments be the only ones with HD pics? Why hasn't anyone else gotten a decent photo of a UFO?
    We are severely lacking solid evidence that could tell us the true nature of many UFOs.
    The US government has confirmed only that they still don't know what UFOs are.
    Nothing to get excited about yet.

That's my point sort of. If the government is giving us grain, we know there is HD to go with it. They don't use our cameras

One might be led to believe they are purposely feeding us grainy videos and such of things we already have. I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm saying the "proof" is easily found there, terrestrial or extraterrestrial.

As to common folk pictures and videos, I think we have seen many. That said, certainly many are joksters having fun, others are on the fence, and some may be real. But probably discredited or confiscated. Let's face it, everybody and their brother is a debunker these days.

Just my thoughts, we can disagree. I'm OK with that. I'm good with the questions and analysis. If only everything (politics, economy, etc) could be discussed freely instead of what we see...

#1697 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Am I missing other possibilities? What's your personal favorite explanation

Bad radar data (they never get distance readings), artifacts created by heavily computer processed heads-up displays, distant aircraft misperceived as being closer than they really are, meteors, weather balloons, space debris, etc.
    There are a LOT of "normal" explanations that are just as valid at this point as any speculation about interstellar or interdimensional craft.
    We don't know what they are, and I do not believe the government does, either.
    It's a big propaganda job meant to disguise their ignorance on the topic.
    That explanation is at least as likely as any of yours.

#1698 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

You kind of went off the truth rail on this statement. There are in fact tens of thousands of very clear pictures and videos. Have been since the camera was invented. Granted, some are fakes but some of these pictures have been analyzed by those trying to debunk them but in the end could not
    Ok so the government is not the one that made these available. They do have them however but have chosen for whatever reason to keep them secret.
    There is obviously something flying in the skies around the world that defy our known current technology. Not such a great leap to believe these crafts are not of this world.

#1699 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

There are in fact tens of thousands of very clear pictures and videos.

Care to share some with us? "Tens of thousands" of clear photos and videos of UFOs?
    Yet none of them have been clear enough to actually identify the objects. Hmmm.
    I don't think I'm the one going off the truth rail here.

Quoted from Vyzer2:

You kind of went off the truth rail on this statement

I don't believe anyone has any evidence that proves or even strongly supports the theory that UFOs have violated the laws of physics, are interplanetary craft, or anything else. There are photos and videos, and most of them aren't very good, and none of them have proved anything.
    The government doesn't know what they are, but they're doing a great job convincing some people that they really know something.
    It's a huge con job. Don't buy into it.

#1700 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

They do have them however but have chosen for whatever reason to keep them secret

???? How can you claim this? It "feels" like it must be true?
    I don't buy it. I think the government is bullshitting us (again) about UFOs.

There are 2,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.