Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.
    #1401 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Umm, you're the one responding with personal attacks. Not me. You're lucky there must not be a mod interested in this thread because you are the one who repeatedly breaks the rules and is the troll.
    I "keep stating" we can't know the technology of a supreme species?? What?? PLEASE QUOTE ME DIRECTLY instead of making my words up. All I've ever suggested is that any intelligent species out there could be thousands of years ahead of us and "they" may very well have solved FTL. Once that occurs, visiting planets within 1000 light years is probably achievable.
    As others have stated, if you find this topic so upsetting and ridiculous then why do you keep posting and bumping it? Why do you keep attacking those of us trying to have a rational conversation?

You are absolutely correct. It is completely unnecessary and non-productive of me to fall to ad hominem. Please accept my apology. I don't find the topic "upsetting and ridiculous"; however, I do sometimes find the opinions of others to be ridiculous and the trust in people in government to be upsetting.

#1402 2 years ago

This one is getting a fair amount of attention this past week because of how many people witnessed it (in South Carolina). It certainly seems unidentifiable to me albeit not necessarily a "craft" per se (unless it is 'cloaked'). But it does seem odd.

https://power1051.iheart.com/content/2021-07-06-ufo-stops-traffic-in-south-carolina-as-drivers-film-it/?pname=local_social&keyid=WWPR&sc=editorial&fbclid=IwAR00LEl-jFWAG7GOS1oiFoDIxizO4BgCu_XsjAIZ5iYX6jz4HdQ9w0mwF74

#1403 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

This one is getting a fair amount of attention this past week because of how many people witnessed it (in South Carolina). It certainly seems unidentifiable to me albeit not necessarily a "craft" per se (unless it is 'cloaked'). But it does seem odd.

https://power1051.iheart.com/content/2021-07-06-ufo-stops-traffic-in-south-carolina-as-drivers-film-it/?pname=local_social&keyid=WWPR&sc=editorial&fbclid=IwAR00LEl-jFWAG7GOS1oiFoDIxizO4BgCu_XsjAIZ5iYX6jz4HdQ9w0mwF74

Looks like balloons

#1404 2 years ago

I read that many (who saw it first hand) believed it to be a large plastic bag.

#1405 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

that's was my first thought also

#1406 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

If you click on the second link I shared from a local radio station (below the video) the persons who took that video stated there were actually 2 objects in the sky and they rotated very oddly (not smooth rotation). I don't know but it does look odd.

#1407 2 years ago

Yeah I might have to pass on that one JM. But…that video was not doctored.

#1408 2 years ago

Humans are pattern-seeking animals. Our perceptions are fallible. We bias towards seeing something that isn't there, rather than the opposite (this is good for survival). I just learned this has a name -- pareidolia.

#1409 2 years ago

Please ... be on the look out for my star - child Pasquel. He's likely hungry. Please ..he's about 3 foot tall...likely skinny and afraid. If you see him. Please let me know.

#1410 2 years ago

Looks like a foam cloud

#1411 2 years ago

Deleted post..had a few drinky poos

#1412 2 years ago

Great interview between Glenn Beck and Sean Cahill (who was present on the Princeton for the Tic Tac incident)!! Worth the 11 minutes if you're interested in this topic.

#1413 2 years ago

Sat out last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with no moon, looking at the night sky for hours. Saw a couple of awesome shooting stars. Dozens of satellites. But no UFO's.

Did see 2 satellites that were perfectly spaced and on the same trajectory. Starlink I'm guessing. Looked very cool!

#1414 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Looks like balloons

I thought bubbles!

I mean, bubbles with thoughts... yeah thought balloons too though maybe I guess!?

2021-07-10 14.47.24.png2021-07-10 14.47.24.png

#1415 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have met quite a few contradictory examples

May seem that way sometimes...

I would argue, even though intelligence is a more or less kind of attribute, I don't think it is as important, nor the cause, as it might seem to be.

Well, very intelligent people still can do bad and/or stupid things.

Intelligence level is not what makes people bad, nor what makes them prone to do stupid things. I think it is a pretty level playing field in that regard. Sometimes more intelligent can = capacity to do even worse things.

No different than a computer. Bullshi+ in equals bullshi+ out. Regardless of the amount of computing Power.

Now if you teach the computer to only take an input of bullshi+ .... tell me what would that leave you with?

Whether people are good or right or positive or whatever, I think you'll find there be little correlation with level of intelligence.

I thought I knew 3+3=6. I still know that I've been tricked, and yeah it kinda sux to have that proven to ones self. But, admitting to be wrong where it is shown, is still better than "knowing I'm right!" when actually I am not. So tough as facing up to it is, it's still better.

Like lying, been tricked. Everyone has been part of both at some point. For some, alot, for others not as much. But if I can't recognise and admit it, I'm continuing a lie.

#1416 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Dozens of satellites. But no UFO's.

Research Iridium. They were going to compete against cell phones. Launched HUNDREDS of satellites, contributed to most Space Junk then anyone else in History.
    All of these sporadic communication devices are reaching lower orbit from being in space so long.
    They will ALL be returning to Terra Firma within the next few years.

#1417 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

I just learned this has a name -- pareidolia.

The perfect excuse to deny miracles. It would be fun to see the Guy who came up with this concept.
    Yes, it's real. Not in all cases. Many times authentic phenomena are written off as pareidolia.
    Makes people comfortable when they have a supposed rational explanation for supernatural occurrences.

#1418 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Great interview between Glenn Beck

said no one ever. Dude is a clown.

You cant argue with science based people because their entire self worth is based on being (or believing they are) smarter than you and know everything.

They have zero ability to admit there may be things they dont know or understand.

They will stand there yelling "show me the proof" because the alternative is that they have to admit they have no clue.

#1419 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Well, Glenn Beck may be a clown but I thought Sean's story from his perspective on the Princeton was pretty fascinating. There is simply too much evidence to suggest this incident did not happen. So, the only question becomes ... what were these machines?

If you're a skeptic I have to think your only explanation is that these were from one of our adversaries. But that raises enormous other alarming conclusions (such that they've leaped us in a massive technology breakthrough.)

If you're open to the idea of other intelligent life then there are countless possibilities but all of them are incredible to even consider (intelligent life somewhere in our own solar system? Life from a different dimension? Intelligent life from a different time? From a different solar system? etc. etc.)

#1421 2 years ago
    1525B6CA-28BA-4464-B298-C93967C2B611 (resized).png1525B6CA-28BA-4464-B298-C93967C2B611 (resized).png
    #1422 2 years ago

"Citizen Hearing" trailer: https://www.youtube.com/CitizenHearing

Watch all parts online for free (on the above channel)

#1423 2 years ago

It's seems pretty fair to say that "ufo" are just secret "allied aircraft". As in, us. "Shock horror, but that is (wait for it) .... Unbelievable!!!"

Probably there are e.t. "ufo" as well ... but it would make sense they try not to be seen. Whereas "ufo" that belong to us get paraded about the place to stir up hype Lol

"Kill those dirty hostile bugs!!"

#1424 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Probably there are e.t. "ufo" as well

Beginning to doubt the Classic "ET".
    Look closely at the Planets/ Comets/Moons we have photographed.
    No Trees, Weeds, Grass/ Kiss my ass..
    Sorry about that,working on a Song. Anyway, there is nothing growing.
    No Lichen Moss, nothing. Just another rock outpost, hot or cold.
    Why?
    There should be SOMETHING crawling around or infesting flora/fauna.
    Organisms have been found on Earth in the hottest/coldest environments.
    In this most perfect Spacial environment for life there should be leftovers,maybe Mars, Venus, or Saturn as well as the Moon.
    Maybe primitive crawly things or bio-sludge. Nothing, just rocks and dust.

#1425 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Why?

Umm, we've only ever landed on 2 planets (and of those, I believe we've only landed a handful of times on Venus with very, very limited communication before the craft died). Beyond that, I believe the only moon we've actually landed on is our own. Sooooo ... I'm thinking we've explored hardly anything even in just our own solar system. In fact, a large percentage of our own Earth has never been explored. We're not as educated as we think!! We're like a newborn infant just now opening our eyes on the Universe (much less our own Galaxy and even our own solar system!!!). James Webb telescope should reveal some amazing discoveries!

#1426 2 years ago

Historical records( or conspiracy Websites) tell us they fired metallic-tipped warheads into the Moons surface and recorded the resonance/vibrations.
    These recordings indicated the Moon resonated as a hollow, metal structure.
    Whats up with that? Is it all BS?

#1427 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Umm, we've only ever landed on 2 planets (and of those, I believe we've only landed a handful of times on Venus with very, very limited communication before the craft died). Beyond that, I believe the only moon we've actually landed on is our own. Sooooo ... I'm thinking we've explored hardly anything even in just our own solar system. In fact, a large percentage of our own Earth has never been explored. We're not as educated as we think!! We're like a newborn infant just now opening our eyes on the Universe (much less our own Galaxy and even our own solar system!!!). James Webb telescope should reveal some amazing discoveries!

I specified PHOTOGRAPHED, not landed on.
    We have also landed on Comets.
    Much information has been gleaned from fly-bys.
    Rocks, dust.

#1428 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You cant argue with science based people because their entire self worth is based on being (or believing they are) smarter than you and know everything.
    They have zero ability to admit there may be things they dont know or understand.
    They will stand there yelling "show me the proof" because the alternative is that they have to admit they have no clue.

It is rubish to apply this to everyone or all science, unless you apply it to yourself as well!?. Clearly too many people have literally no idea what science is about. Yet claim to, and rubbish it. Blind leading the blind.

Science is not ignorance or propogating nonsense, nor silencing anyone whom disagrees with you. Seems to be on display alot. Thankfully the censorship isn't too thick on the ground here, unlike some places.

People get to be extremists, as demonstrated about the place, but can't admit it based on blind pre-existing "beliefs" and the perpetuated ignorance that gets subscribed to.

Same with scientists, same with pinsiders, same with anyone. Part reason part crap. . Yep that Beck guy talks some crap, for sure. Just like what I quoted. Just like me as well. Science is talking it out, not slandering any other view without checking thoroughly. Also it is realising most times we are wrong. "Scientists" saying "trust me" while silencing any other view, absolutely are not scientific. Trusting "hear-say", is Not scientific either.

Humans need to communicate to learn anything much of significance. On our own we are too likely to get too much wrong. Not helped by the ignorance getting around I'm afraid to say.

What does help is communication across groups. Between brains. Censorship does not facilitate consensus.

Nobody notices communication being discouraged lately?? . What do we think censorship is? . Good??? . Censorship may well be good for the overly fragile. TUP TUP!. All it does is prevent learning. Censorship is organised against science. Read it and weep. Yep people say wrong things, but with no free speech it can be impossible to discover that the wrong thing being said, is wrong. Now look, suddenly wrong is right and right is wrong!?

No questioning now, okay!.

Whom is going to be the all powerfull deciding what is "right" and what is "wrong"?. I guarantee by the end it will be someone whom disagrees with YOU. Do you still advocate censorship once you believe you are right, but now things turned and your "right think" ends up being the view being automatically wrong and censored?. Back to science requiring uncensored discussion. Taking that away means no more science. Period.

I suppose that is good if we do not want people to learn stuff. Want more dumb mob people.

Elvishasleft, if you didn't reklessly throw the words "They" and "Zero" in there I probably wouldn't have bothered writing anything. "They" is much to broad and vague, you tar All of science with the same brush. Combined with saying "zero" makes things prety extremist. Although, in some ways I do certainly agree with the guts of what you're saying, in some aspects, but would have to define "they" to not include All Scientists. I can agree with regard to orprate "science".

Science is history. Well, barely even that anymore, hey.

Science does not require one to be an "academic" you know. It is free anyone can play as long as an individual can grasp the basic principles of doing practical science. Most people do not, basically knock themselves out instantly by advocating "censorship" or ignorance. What do we mean when we say we "know"? . What of "updates"?.

#1429 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Why?
    Organisms have been found on Earth in the hottest/coldest environments.
    In this most perfect Spacial environment for life there should be leftovers,maybe Mars, Venus, or Saturn as well as the Moon.
    Maybe primitive crawly things or bio-sludge. Nothing, just rocks and dust.

Also brought up prior ... if the civilisation is millions of years old OR they can manipulate time/space/mass then FTL travel doesn't matter in all likelyhood.

Advanced beyond our understanding, is simply that.

I still rekon "likely" they are watching us.
    Likely we never see e.t. based vehicles.
    Likely they are the only thing that can save us from ourselves.
    Likely we will be told, and foolishly pretend, they are the enemy.

Those are just my "guess" Lol
    But seems pretty feasible. Well beyond our "photographing" range as well.

#1430 2 years ago

We all know those Rovers on Mars were "Contaminated" with primitive life, either accidentally or on purpose.
    The frustration at not finding any proof of life on Mars is much larger then can be explained here.
    For to find ANY source of life on another Planet would be HUGE.
    Religion is suddenly in question, or outright disproved.
    A Petri dish of simple organisms delivered to a sterile environment is any Scientist wet dream.

#1431 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

We all know those Rovers on Mars were "Contaminated" with primitive life, either accidentally or on purpose.
    The frustration at not finding any proof of life on Mars is much larger then can be explained here.
    For to find ANY source of life on another Planet would be HUGE.
    Religion is suddenly in question, or outright disproved.
    A Petri dish of simple organisms delivered to a sterile environment is any Scientist wet dream.

For many people UFO/e.t. are their "new religion" or cult. Cults mostly just implode, since they are often based somehow on bunk.

Why is supposedly not finding life on Mars frustrating in some way?. I don't get it. lol

More frustrating crap closer to home.

#1432 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Why is not finding life on Mars frustrating?. I don't get it. lol

There are those desperate to find or prove life originated somewhere else other than Earth.
    Right now Earth is exceptional and unique.
    Life on Earth and nowhere else supports ancient teachings.
    Many have spent billions to destroy these conceptions.
    It may not be at the forefront or listed in any Official mission statements.
    Finding proof of life developing elsewhere is THE main goal.
    So far, it hasn't happened (See Rocks and Dust)
    Not only Mars. High resolution cameras developed for Space exploration tell volumes about a Planet simply from fly-by.
    Right now they tell of dead,barren life-free terrains in every case.
    They all look the same. No life, not even moss.
    No water save frozen methane/ammonium permafrost.
    I will say it one more time and quit. Rocks. Dust.
    Our place in the Universe is unique with a diverse ecosystem. Yet nothing developed or exists anywhere near Earth.
    If it was going to happen it would have happened here.

#1433 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

There are those desperate to find or prove life originated somewhere else other than Earth.
    Not only Mars. High resolution cameras developed for Space exploration tell volumes about a Planet simply from fly-by.
    Our place in the Universe is unique with a diverse ecosystem. Yet nothing developed or exists anywhere near Earth.

I was just going to click like and leave it there. But wanted to say I do appreciate the response mate. Thank you.

Some I had heard, some I had not.

I can't disagree with some of that, but I can't agree with some either. I learned something new one way or another.

This is the point. No two humans will have the same view on Everything. By definition we are all physically unique with unique experience.

The way humans get more "correct" about things is by sharing their view and discovering the common ground. With other humans whom disagree with them. Broader is better too. Alternative is an echo chamber of potentially flawed beliefs.

Open communication, say what you think. Yep it's hard, and it's work. People will disagree sometimes, hopefully respectfuly and with some reasons, and questions. Signs of some healthy discussion.

Almost seems harder than pinball these days

#1434 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

But Earth is the ONLY planet in our particular solar system's habitable zone as we believe it to be. The only one. We have no pictures of any planet outside of our solar system. None.
    We have just now recently discovered other solar systems which have (in some cases) multiple planets in their own habitable zone. We won't be getting pictures of them any time soon, however.
    One last thought. As we sit right now we are just a snapshot in time. The planets in our solar system were not born in their orbits where they sit now. We believe Mars was likely once inside our habitable zone and had flowing water (and thus, likely plant life at a minimum). So I'm not sure how we can conclude how special (or not) we are given how little we know right now. There could very well be plant life on some of the other moons in our own solar system.

#1435 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Computer......Computer..........Computer.
    (Man stares oddly at scotty).

Anayze

Quoted from phil-lee:

They want to find or tell us they found life or proof of past life to help them with the lie that God doesn’t exist.

#1436 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Anayze

They want to find or tell us they found life or proof of past life to help them with the lie that God doesn’t exist.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In 50 years I've seen no evidence of a god.

#1437 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In 50 years I've seen no evidence of a god.

You're not paying attention.

#1438 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Free will man. I’m not religious but I believe in one ideal. Nature. Nothing goes to waste in it.

With that being said, think about this.

All of our feelings, thoughts, fears, loves, hates, general experiences from birth to death. That all just, goes away? Poof. Just grey matter electrons. That would be a waste. I have no concept of where our collective life energies we lived will go, but to just fade to black and that’s it? Nah. Genetic life experience handed down? Yes. Evidence of that. But the essence of YOU? That’s a lot of energy spent on nothing if death is final. Never been to church and I come from a broken family, so no misguided teachings of preconceived ideals.

Something in me truly believes my best experiences are after death. No idea why or how.

#1439 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Something in me truly believes my best experiences are after death. No idea why or how.

Because too many people have been there and came back...and it's not simply a lack of oxygen to the brain when you can recite conversations verbatim that occurred outside the room where you died. Tons of literature on this stuff and the accounts from children are the most chilling.

#1440 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because too many people have been there and came back...and it's not simply a lack of oxygen to the brain when you can recite conversations verbatim that occurred outside the room where you died. Tons of literature on this stuff and the accounts from children are the most chilling.

Time for us to get out of the deep end of the pool Boob, we’re starting to wrinkle.

‘Take me to your leader!’ There. That’s better…

#1441 2 years ago

Pinside rules: https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere.

#1442 2 years ago

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I've seen no extraordinary proof of a god devised by human religion. From my own personal experience ( I have been paying attention ) I believe that we are all a part of god. And that our soul will return to god when this mortal coil expires.

The argument that science looks for life beyond earth for the sole purpose of proving religion wrong is laughable. We search so that we can find answers.

We already know that compounds essential to life can survive in deep space.
    https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/goddard/2019/sugars-in-meteorites

I remember when we had no knowledge of water outside of Earth. We don't know what we don't know.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a14555/water-worlds-in-our-solar-system/

#1443 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere.

This is a spiritual discussion. Not religious.

#1444 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Who put you in charge? Butt out if you have nothing positive to add to what has been a stimulting conversation, a rarity these days.
    We know the rules.

#1445 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

The argument that science looks for life beyond earth for the sole purpose of proving religion wrong is laughable.

Glad you don't follow this method. You better believe to many it is the MOST important reason for the search. Countless articles from many Authors always bring it up in the discussion.

#1446 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

We have no pictures of any planet outside of our solar system.

Enhanced images from Hubble are better than photographs, showing a dozen parameters and detailing planetary characteristics.

#1447 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Enhanced images from Hubble are better than photographs, showing a dozen parameters and detailing planetary characteristics.

Huh? I'm not aware of Hubble EVER contributing information (much less concrete information) on "planetary characteristics" outside of our own solar system. Never (inside our solar system, of course). If you have a link to an article or other information I'd be interested in reading more.

That said as I understand, our "best guess" is that those exo-planets between half of Earth’s size to twice its radius are considered terrestrial (rocky) and others may be even smaller. Thus, from that we infer, wheter an exoplanet "MIGHT" be rocky combined with its' distance from its' own sun, we postulate whether it could potentially be habitable. That's it. Nothing concrete to say the least.

#1448 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Use the drain button. Nobody here is offended so perhaps this isn't the thread for you. Just a bunch of intelligent guys with differing opinions having an intelligent and (mostly) uninflammatory discussion.

#1449 2 years ago

Here’s a theory I heard years ago.

Consciousness is everywhere in the universe and our “conscious soul” needs to grow before we can reach our full potential. Currently all humans are just like a fetus preparing for birth, this is a time to grow and develop. Our true form (after death) are 5th dimensional beings. But in order to grow a conscious mind to maturity you need a 3 dimensional body moving through the 4th dimension of time. Aliens are inter-dimensional and are here to observe us as we grow. When we die, we become “angels” or 5th dimensional beings that exist beyond space and time. The feeling of “god” you experience is just a connection to this universal consciousness.

#1450 2 years ago

Don’t over think it. You dead will be just like before you were born.

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.