Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 52.
    #1151 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Not just opposites, not for all. There are plenty of perspectives in between. Even beyond?.
    Understanding other perspectives, this is part of broader understanding.
    Doesn't happen so well without sharing and discussing. Open to understanding, considering from other viewpoints. Right or wrong, two heads are better than one.
    What if it isn't about protection?
    Or maybe it is protection, but of what exactly? ... what if the "what" is not "people"?.
    What? ... protecting E.T.? ... protecting govt?

Apologies, I wrote that with the assumption it was people. In the interest of discourse, another perspective indeed could be aliens saving us from ourselves.

Although fanciful, admittedly it would be pretty cool if it is a non worldly intervention and they're going in that direction rather than using people for some kind of earthy bouillabaisse.

Or maybe we're being protected like we protect our cows? Open mind here.

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yipykya:

Apologies, I wrote that with the assumption it was people. In the interest of discourse, another perspective indeed could be aliens saving us from ourselves.
    Although fanciful, admittedly it would be pretty cool if it is a non worldly intervention and they're going in that direction rather than using people for some kind of earthy bouillabaisse.
    Or maybe we're being protected like we protect our cows? Open mind here.

Hey I didn't think you needed to apologise mate. I was just saying what I thought. No worries

Indeed, if they were "saving us from ourselves", I guess that could make them the enemy, of those orchestrating the world wars, and destructive waste. ?

Therefore, more like Aliens just Allies of the common people, but labeled by "our side" as "the enemy"? . hmmm

That's what it looks suspiciously like from here. Govt be like... "look at those evil aliens, Shooting and phasering explosions at us!?!" . "You're either with us or you're against us!". . "Kill or be killed!". . "They want to destroy everyone and everything!" (oh the projection lol). "Throw a big boy into that stargate!" .

Cr@p is just going to backfire everywhere on fools. I predict it could be sort of epic. Lol

Meanwhile then, E.T. just after the morally corrupt f*@#ers, and leaders constructing wars.

It'll be just fine! .

#1153 2 years ago

It seems the Alien Bounty Hunters are doing a good job at keeping it all concealed...

e4ecc0a7c8bab7ece51641ae3d109e4f (resized).jpge4ecc0a7c8bab7ece51641ae3d109e4f (resized).jpg
    #1154 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Exactly!
    "-------- definitely does exist" and "-------- definitely does not exist" are both ludicrous statements. We live in an unimaginably vast and complex uni/multiverse and here were are with our ape brains proclaiming what can or cannot be.
    I used to devour this stuff when I was in my 20's; UFO's, bigfoot, ghosts, cryptids, fafrotskies, ooparts, you name it. I'm likely somewhat more of a skeptic now that 30 years later nothing has been proven, but that's exactly the point, nothing has been proven either for or against. I don't know how anyone can proclaim "-------- doesn't exist" with any real certitude.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Calling something BS is implying you know. I've seen a guy knock at my front door that was in black and white--and my wife heard it--and he turned and walked towards our front windows and literally disappeared. When you have a shared experience by two different people using two different senses, it's kind of tough to disprove or call people nuts. My wife talked to a shadow figure in our upstairs hallway that she thought was me...until she saw me in our bedroom watching TV. Go figure...

It's like religions saying what happens after people die. I don't know, but I know enough to know that the people saying they know...don't actually know. I don't have to actually know to know that someone else doesn't know. Dig?

Our minds create patterns from things and the eye can easily be tricked. The common factor in all stories...humans and a fear response. It's amazing that the people that don't believe in this stuff, don't have stories. So either it's a mystical "You have to believe to see" type thing...or it's a mindset that people have that causes them to see things that aren't there.

#1155 2 years ago

The debate continues. I do not agree personally with Niel degrass tysons perspectives.

#1156 2 years ago

He isn’t in the loop.

#1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:He isn’t in the loop.

You mean *this* loop?

Quoted from Teamhex:

...it's a mindset that people have that causes them to see things that aren't there.

No, I suppose he isn't.

#1158 2 years ago

He seems to take a hard line stance on being alone in the universe.

It might be an act...

Either way it will be fun to revisit his interview in about twelve months.

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

It's like religions saying what happens after people die. I don't know, but I know enough to know that the people saying they know...don't actually know. I don't have to actually know to know that someone else doesn't know. Dig?
    Our minds create patterns from things and the eye can easily be tricked. The common factor in all stories...humans and a fear response. It's amazing that the people that don't believe in this stuff, don't have stories. So either it's a mystical "You have to believe to see" type thing...or it's a mindset that people have that causes them to see things that aren't there.

I can't upvote this because I don't know if I agree with it because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Anyway, I'd love to have a beer with you and tell you the stories from my experiences and others who have been to my house. Lots of ghosts but no aliens, sadly. I'm always up for an anal probe. That came out wrong.

#1160 2 years ago

The ghosts thread has been quiet for 3 weeks now. Hopefully this one can fade away too, once the big nothingburger is released officially. The subject is too close to those of politics and religion for a friendly pinball board, I think. Nothing really to be gained sniping over it here. Plenty of places to hash it over elsewhere.

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

The ghosts thread has been quiet for 3 weeks now. Hopefully this one can fade away too, once the big nothingburger is released officially. The subject is too close to those of politics and religion for a friendly pinball board, I think. Nothing really to be gained sniping over it here. Plenty of places to hash it over elsewhere.

Aren’t you lots of fun..No problem w people saying what they’ve seen/experienced, buts it’s all apparently bs. But till it’s 100% proven scientifically, it’s all hogwash. Am I correct w that?

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Aren’t you lots of fun..No problem w people saying what they’ve seen/experienced, buts it’s all apparently bs. But till it’s 100% proven scientifically, it’s all hogwash. Am I correct w that?

Easy there killer..... I am not sure you want to be typing like that to the captain of the grammar police force. There are more violations there than a field trip to Epstein's island of misfit toys.....

#1163 2 years ago

Earth is Flat!!!
    Moon landing and space travel is Fake !
    End of Line = MCP

#1164 2 years ago

Hopefully this one can fade away too,

Or you could just drain it. Nobody is forcing you to come here and listen to our hogwash. I don't want to hash it out elsewhere. I want to hash it out with pinball people.

#1165 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't upvote this because I don't know if I agree with it because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
    Anyway, I'd love to have a beer with you and tell you the stories from my experiences and others who have been to my house. Lots of ghosts but no aliens, sadly. I'm always up for an anal probe. That came out wrong.

Would love to hear them. I'm down for a beer as well. May make more sense in person.

To further add confusion, I'll quote Donald Rumsfeld.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.

In a nut shell I don't think there's as much validity to ghosts as there are UFOs. The most plausible "myth" is Bigfoot since we know there were giant apes back 100k years ago. More people believe in ghosts than bigfoot, but I just haven't seen anything that would help the case that they're real. I do like the ideas above about things poking through from other dimensions. It would certainly explain the lack of evidence. There was a great Star Trek Next Gen episode on "interacting" with another dimension would be like.

#1166 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Or you could just drain it. Nobody is forcing you to come here and listen to our hogwash. I don't want to hash it out elsewhere. I want to hash it out with pinball people.

Absolutely!. People whom love pinball more often seem to be more thoughtful and way less prone to being unreasonably triggered.

Often, not always though, of course. If it was "always" then the fear and loathing thread wouldn't even exist on PS. Lol

On the encouraging side, must be less than about 1% of pinside ever even visits that backward place, so still compares quite favorably to "elsewhere". :3

I visited there a few times. Kinda startling eye opener as to how some people can be so easily led.

#1167 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

You guys are my second group of friends. I’ve talked with my real life friends about this for hours, but I enjoy the perspective of a different group. I love conversations on subjects that are hard to agree on.

#1168 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You guys are my second group of friends. I’ve talked with my real life friends about this for hours, but I enjoy the perspective of a different group. I love conversations on subjects that are hard to agree on.

This is life. How we learn new things. Great stuff.

One of the goals, share with people we might disagree with.

Sharing only with those whom have the exact same beliefs? ... smart people understand we learn Nothing New that way.

#1170 2 years ago

Pretty well done fake if it is (definitely a bit too shakey but if I saw something surreal I guess I wouldn't be perfectly calm). Can't tell how legit the initial 2 fighter jets looked. But you've got a good military helicopter mixed in along with the "UFO" diving into the water. But I know there are some really good fakes out there. Would like to hear military (Mexican?) confirmation of an incident.

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Pretty well done fake if it is (definitely a bit too shakey but if I saw something surreal I guess I wouldn't be perfectly calm). Can't tell how legit the initial 2 fighter jets looked. But you've got a good military helicopter mixed in along with the "UFO" diving into the water. But I know there are some really good fakes out there. Would like to hear military (Mexican?) confirmation of an incident.

Nobody would be blurring their face. Cash cow news circuit.

#1172 2 years ago

Great summary of the back and forth with the Pentagon over the past few years that has led up to this moment of releasing a "report" this week. The report may not contain any major new bombshells but I believe it's an important next step in the process of revelation that these unidentified objects are real.

#1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

This is life. How we learn new things. Great stuff.
    One of the goals, share with people we might disagree with.
    Sharing only with those whom have the exact same beliefs? ... smart people understand we learn Nothing New that way.

Sure we do. In kung fu you learn for years till becoming a Teacher, or Master. Does a little good to learn Judo or Shotokan Karate for self defense purposes but you rarely excel. When you listen to anything and everything you become goofed up, unless you are researching to understand what is real and what is crap.
    Throughout History when people became "Of one accord" powerful things were accomplished.

#1174 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

...these unidentified objects are real.

Yeah, they are weather balloons, blurry cameras taking picture of stars, planets, and aircraft in the sky, and other readily explainable phenomenon.

I eagerly await the multiple independently-source and unaltered high resolution photos, videos, and radar recordings that will make it obvious that they are anything else.

#1175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, they are weather balloons, blurry cameras taking picture of stars, planets, and aircraft in the sky, and other readily explainable phenomenon.

We get it troll!! You're obnoxious opinion is clear.

I'm sure the military are just a bunch of idiots tracking weather balloons dropping from 80,000 feet to sea level in 1.5 seconds (and then wasting aircraft and taxpayer dollars to intercept) and despite these objects being "readily explainable" by your genius, they're just too stupid.

They could save taxpayers billions by just hiring you.

#1176 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I eagerly await the multiple independently-source and unaltered high resolution photos, videos, and radar recordings that will make it obvious that they are anything else.

I mean, it's pretty obvious the advanced technology makes high res images impossible.

#1178 2 years ago

T-1 day until the big nothing-burger!.

#1179 2 years ago

""Although previous studies have considered this question2,3,4, this is the first to incorporate the movement of stars over time, because stars can slide in or out of the narrow slice of the sky that happens to line up with both Earth and the Sun. With this information, the scientists were able to predict where Earth was visible from over the past 5,000 years or so of human civilization — and also predict where it will be visible another 5,000 years into the future.""

Amazing!!

#1180 2 years ago

I would love to hang out at boob's house... shoot some pins, down some beers, have some laughs, watch some poltergeists

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#1181 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

""Although previous studies have considered this question2,3,4, this is the first to incorporate the movement of stars over time, because stars can slide in or out of the narrow slice of the sky that happens to line up with both Earth and the Sun. With this information, the scientists were able to predict where Earth was visible from over the past 5,000 years or so of human civilization — and also predict where it will be visible another 5,000 years into the future.""
    Amazing!!

It is understanding things like this that will propel us into the truth. We need a camera on the other side looking at us we can study. I considered this in a sci fi story. It is about the manufacture and placement of such a device.

I love that this does not exist but I can write about the device and it’s operation as if it’s real…

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

It is understanding things like this that will propel us into the truth. We need a camera on the other side looking at us we can study. I considered this in a sci fi story. It is about the manufacture and placement of such a device.

I have love that this does not exist but I can write about the device and it’s operation as if it’s real…

duplicate

#1184 2 years ago

Brandolini's Law: "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it."

It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The "big change" in that article is simply the idea that the US being open about it will supposedly lead to other nations following suit.

Never mind the thing they're being open about is "duhhhh, we dunno what they is." Thus our rivals will continue to waste time and energy on it, like we want them to.

#1185 2 years ago

Brandolini's Law: "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it."
    It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    The "big change" in that article is simply the idea that the US being open about it will supposedly lead to other nations following suit.
    Never mind the thing they're being open about is "duhhhh, we dunno what they is." Thus our rivals will continue to waste time and energy on it, like we want them to.

DENIALISM: "In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism

#ReturnServe

#1186 2 years ago

Seems to me that "reality" is much like "truth". Subjectively based. But some will conflate this with other terms like 'fact'.

A person can be completely "truthful" (or honest) yet still be incorrect (not factual). A lie is passing on 'known false information', a truth is simply 'known' (subjectively) to the individual to be 'true', so this is technically considered to be 'honest'. So somebody 'convinced' by a lie can propagate that and it remains as them being 'truthful' (or honest), yet still incorrect, since their 'honesty' is based on believing someone else's lie.

I'm honest. Does not mean I am always correct. Truth is like reality, kinda subjective. To be honest, I've been wrong my share and don't know much, relatively speaking. Not that I'm particularly slow or whatever, just that I admit to having been fooled at times.

Guess what, it's tough to discover one may be wrong. But to be truthful one has to admit it can be so. Sometimes that can be hard, especially if any consequences of being fooled have been bad. Then, potentially denial. Which is not being honest with ones self, or others. Facts don't care about our feelings lol

Moral is, check the sources, objectively. So to be hopefully more Accurate, rather than just being blindly 'honest'. 'Blind faith', anyone?

The amount of 'fact' that can be drawn from the videos seems to me is a bit limited, especially these days. They said there was a 'man in the moon' ... but to me I just saw a Rabbit!? . No cr@p! , I seen it with my Own Eyes!!

Or, maybe I'm wrong!? Pmsl

#1187 2 years ago

Who really cares ..my life is so insignificant I'm sure aliens don't give a crap about me either.

#1188 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems to me that "reality" is much like "truth". Subjectively based.

Life is all about you! And not at all about you! Two opposing views, yet both are true.

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Who really cares ..my life is so insignificant I'm sure aliens don't give a crap about me either.

Self-love is the first love dude.

#1190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Self-love is the first love dude.

"Love thy neighbour" ... but first need to be able to ... yeah, what he said ^^

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

DENIALISM: "In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism
    #ReturnServe

Right, and you continue to deny that it's BS, glad we're on the same page.

I have never seen any evidence worth denying, so I'm not doing any denying. Only the truth can be denied.

#1192 2 years ago

I miss the ghost thread. Someone should bump it. Tbh I came in here to see if you were being a skeptic again. I was not disappointed!

#1193 2 years ago

Pinside has a wonderful feature called the drain button. Try it sometime!

(PS - I don't think you've done enough research on either UFOs or ghosts to have much insight...but I don't argue with closed-minded people. So carry on!)

#1194 2 years ago

I would have to somehow reduce my IQ by half to be interested in doing any more "research" into them than I already have, since everything I've seen so far is laughable.

Why don't I just go away? Because it's ludicrous to waste bandwidth on them when there are real issues to deal with. This needs occasional pointing out.

#1195 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I miss the ghost thread. Someone should bump it. Tbh I came in here to see if you were being a skeptic again. I was not disappointed!

Bumped!

#1196 2 years ago

I would have to somehow reduce my IQ by half to be interested in doing any more "research" into them than I already have, since everything I've seen so far is laughable.
    Why don't I just go away? Because it's ludicrous to waste bandwidth on them when there are real issues to deal with. This needs occasional pointing out.

You're going to help deal with real issues on a pinball forum? That's f'n ludicrous and I think it needs to be pointed out.

#1197 2 years ago

You seem to have a lot to say and a lot of time spent on this…why? If you really think this is ridiculous…why waste your time. Seems to me, you should put all this energy and time into something you really think is important.

#1198 2 years ago

In your life only you truly matter.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

#1199 2 years ago

A total of 143 reports gathered since 2004 remain unexplained, the document released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said. Of those, 21 reports of unknown phenomena, involving 18 episodes, possibly demonstrate technological capabilities that are unknown to the United States: objects moving without observable propulsion or with rapid acceleration that is believed to be beyond the capabilities of Russia, China or other terrestrial nations.

Mostly a nothing sandwich as expected. But interesting none the less.

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/24?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.