Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 52.
    #1051 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Great comments from Jeremy during his interview with Russell Brand on the hubris of some folks (like Neil Tyson) any why now is the time for scientists to step up, know the facts, and then propose answers.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1403759003553906688

These people making a living interviewing one another Youtube based on gross-speculation over 10 year old blurry video is hilarious. There is zip here folks, sweet f*ck all. But sure, I bet the government is days away from releasing the extreme close-up footage they have showing little green men and spaceships that stop on a dime. Hold your breath everyone. lol!

#1052 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

These people making a living interviewing one another Youtube based on gross-speculation over 10 year old blurry video is hilarious. There is zip here folks, sweet f*ck all. But sure, I bet the government is days away from releasing the extreme close-up footage they have showing little green men and spaceships that stop on a dime. Hold your breath everyone. lol!

Got it. You do not and will not ever accept that extraterrestrial intelligence is visiting Earth. UNDERSTOOD. GOT IT. Now, why don't you go post in some thread titled "UFO's are not real" instead of constantly being dismissive and antagonistic here? Not sure why it upsets you so much that some people do have an open mind on the topic and find the recent revelations a bit fascinating (and would like to discuss it without your juvenile personal attacks).

#1053 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

It's hard to tell what your thoughts are on UFOs....are you saying that they don't exist?

#1054 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:Got it. You do not and will not ever accept that extraterrestrial intelligence is visiting Earth. UNDERSTOOD. GOT IT.

I would say he doesn't see any convincing evidence and will not ever accept such a claim without seeing any convincing evidence.

Sounds eminently reasonable to me. But then, critical thinking is taking a beating these days.

I still have hope that free information via the internet will eventually raise the intelligence of the population, since actual good ideas are harder to supress. However, for the time being, it is too much of a soapbox for idiotic blatherings that previously would never get airtime back when it was harder to disseminate faulty information, and as long as the consumption of advertising is considered the ultimate good, it's not going to get much better.

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Got it. You do not and will not ever accept that extraterrestrial intelligence is visiting Earth. UNDERSTOOD. GOT IT. Now, why don't you go post in some thread titled "UFO's are not real" instead of constantly being dismissive and antagonistic here? Not sure why it upsets you so much that some people do have an open mind on the topic and find the recent revelations a bit fascinating (and would like to discuss it without your juvenile personal attacks).

Ironic considering you have probably been the most closed minded here. You’ve also been the only one that has felt the need to USE ALL CAPS on several occasions. Self reflect.

#1056 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

Ironic considering you have probably been the most closed minded here. Y

The whole topic of this thread is that the U.S government now acknowledges that UFOs are real. There are objects they are witnessing that they cannot explain. Period. There is nothing "ironic" about my posts.

If your only intent here is to be dismissive and lob personal attacks then why post here at all? Go somewhere else.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would say he doesn't see any convincing evidence and will not ever accept such a claim without seeing any convincing evidence.

If you don't think multiple Navy pilots all stating emphatically that they know what they saw with their own eyes and could not explain the physics of it, then I don't know what to tell you. That's about the most IDEAL conditions imaginable. Perfectly clear day, perfect blue skys, no wind ... they witnessed this object which was first detected by and corroborated by multiple types of radar and sensors from multiple ships. The military has confirmed they have never been able to explain it.

If that equates to not "any convincing evidence" in your mind then great, move along. Can the rest of us discuss the possibilities if it's not of this world without getting attacked like we're back in High School?

#1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Let's be clear, I have made no personal attacks of any kind, juvenile or otherwise. You, on the other hand...

Quoted from JMcDonald:

...At this point I'm thinking you're pretty much going to need an alien punch you in the face and say "hey idiot, I'm real".

Quoted from JMcDonald:

OMG, you are seriously out to lunch.

The fact that you choose to take any valid criticism or analysis of the actual evidence as a personal attack is on you.

Here's another fascinating video that should have been included in the set of UFO ones that you might have missed:

With regard to the video, the aliens are in Beijing, and the party (on earth), is tonight - in cosmic terms.

#1058 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

There is zip here folks, sweet f*ck all. But sure, I bet the government is days away from releasing the extreme close-up footage they have showing little green men and spaceships that stop on a dime. Hold your breath everyone. lol!

So you don't realize when you're being condescending and mocking?? You really thought you were making some logical counterargument here?? Okay. This isn't "valid criticism" much less "analysis".

#1059 2 years ago

Important to distinguish between people and countries though too, I would have to say.

My "govt" does not speak for me.

They tell blatant lies.

I'm sure no other country is any much different.

As long as people don't lose sight of whom the enemy is.

All I'll say, it isn't most people, no matter what country. It isn't "e.t." either.

"The "us govt" now acknowledges" .... that it needs you to Believe ... Believe ... believe ... be lie ve ..... you are growing sleepy... very sleepy ... sleep

#1060 2 years ago

Like ghosts, UFOs have tons of video evidence. Problem is, if you're a die-hard skeptic, it's not gonna matter what's put in front of your face. You'll just say it's all faked.

#1061 2 years ago

E.T. and Close Encounters of the Third Kind are a fun thought, but likely are not the reality, right?

If UFO's are in fact astronautical craft, I would be frightened to see one; That level of technology is far beyond anything we possess, potentially life threatening if any occupants become aggressive.

Why are they here, and to whom are they relaying their findings?

What germs and viruses are tagging along? Whether spread intentionally or accidentally, I have had enough of worldwide pandemics for now

I personally vote that any UFO's or ghosts show up after I have departed this mortal coil.

Repeating from an earlier post of mine, I have seen some bizarre stuff while flying over the last 30 years, but never anything to make me say "aliens".

Also.....maybe you guys could stop arguing/fighting with one another? It's just unfortunate to read that in a thread we should enjoy.

Debating both sides of the issue is great, attacking each others character is for Twitter.

#1062 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

If you don't think multiple Navy pilots all stating emphatically that they know what they saw with their own eyes and could not explain the physics of it, then I don't know what to tell you.

Lots of people will say lots of things about extraordinary things which they are emphatic that they have witnessed, that doesn't make it scientific evidence. That they are full of shit is the most likely explanation by far.

Not sure why anyone ought to worship Navy pilots. Apparently they don't even have enough sense to whip out their cell phones.

Giddy fly boys jacked up on adrenaline in their billion dollar toys. Not impressed.

#1063 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Important to distinguish between people and countries though too, I would have to say.
    My "govt" does not speak for me.
    They tell blatant lies.
    I'm sure no other country is any much different.
    As long as people don't lose sight of whom the enemy is.
    All I'll say, it isn't most people, no matter what country. It isn't "e.t." either.
    "The "us govt" now acknowledges" .... that it needs you to Believe ... Believe ... believe ... be lie ve ..... you are growing sleepy... very sleepy ... sleep

Lol l, so very true

#1064 2 years ago
    690D0F90-76B2-45D2-A8A2-9C500978972F (resized).jpeg690D0F90-76B2-45D2-A8A2-9C500978972F (resized).jpeg
    #1065 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like ghosts, UFOs have tons of video evidence. Problem is, if you're a die-hard skeptic, it's not gonna matter what's put in front of your face. You'll just say it's all faked.

They can exist, or not... this is completely irrelevant to the point I make that Govt. is only going to have it One Way, to suit their skapegoat narative. ... "The 'aliens' did it!" (points at sky)

"Look over here!. See, we showed you the facts and have changed our ways to full disclosure. Honest!. They are the enemy!"

Yeah that sounds about right. Lol

I believe something is out there. Just not goint to trust any govt to be honest about it. In fact, they will certainly make up a narative to suit themselves. Period.

#1066 2 years ago

Looking forward to this event this summer.

FB_IMG_1623354939067 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1623354939067 (resized).jpg
    #1067 2 years ago

Many of these instances you’re seeing are relying on sensors that are “tracking” the object. It looks like the pilot has line of sight, but if you look at the altitude, it’s actually miles away in some of the releases videos, so the pilot can’t have an actual visual (famous tic tac vid for example).

Some pilots have claimed to have actually seen it, but your eyes can be very deceptive in the air as there’s lack of reference and you can only see in 2d. Pilots are often so confused even of their own alt, it results in a lot of crashes. So, one should always remain skeptical. Pilots have said and claimed some ridiculous stuff over time involving 9/11, commercial flight mishaps, UAP observations and so on.

Sounds eminently reasonable to me. But then, critical thinking is taking a beating these days.
    I still have hope that free information via the internet will eventually raise the intelligence of the population, since actual good ideas are harder to supress. However, for the time being, it is too much of a soapbox for idiotic blatherings that previously would never get airtime back when it was harder to disseminate faulty information, and as long as the consumption of advertising is considered the ultimate good, it's not going to get much better.

#1068 2 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShot:

Many of these instances you’re seeing are relying on sensors that are “tracking” the object. It looks like the pilot has line of sight, but if you look at the altitude, it’s actually miles away in some of the releases videos, so the pilot can’t have an actual visual (famous tic tac vid for example).
    Some pilots have claimed to have actually seen it, but your eyes can be very deceptive in the air as there’s lack of reference and you can only see in 2d. Pilots are often so confused even of their own alt, it results in a lot of crashes. So, one should always remain skeptical. Pilots have said and claimed some ridiculous stuff over time involving 9/11, commercial flight mishaps, UAP observations and so on.

Wasn't there a reported incident of a cube inside of a sphere flying directly between 2 pilots? I wonder if this is the video Christopher Mellon was talking about?

Would be nice if we could see more of the released videos, meaning 30 minutes worth instead of 90 seconds. As it stands it is reminiscent of the 9/11 Pentagon "plane". Here everyone, we're releasing a video, with frames removed, for some reason...

#1069 2 years ago

I actually went to area 51 to go metal detecting a few years ago,, That did not end well and seriously not recommended...Just saying

#1070 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghosts are complete bs, but UFOs are real...now whether those UFOs are manned by people, aliens, or whatever...no idea. But there are unidentified flying objects and they have been looked into by various governments with evidence. There's also enough eye witness accounts from credible/trained people to say it's a legit thing. Something is coming up on radar, and something is being seen. I should mention I'm 100% a skeptic of most things and have had ZERO UFO or alien encounters...but I do think there's something going on there.

Lots of people will say lots of things about extraordinary things which they are emphatic that they have witnessed, that doesn't make it scientific evidence. That they are full of shit is the most likely explanation by far.
    Not sure why anyone ought to worship Navy pilots. Apparently they don't even have enough sense to whip out their cell phones.
    Giddy fly boys jacked up on adrenaline in their billion dollar toys. Not impressed.

People don't worship them, but they are highly trained individuals. They are trained in observation and reporting. They have to be able to identify aircraft, ships, ext, ext. They also risk their careers when they open their mouths and say something. They're doing it now because the government has declassified a lot and has said 100% there's something out there and we don't know what it is. Yes, they should totally whip out their cell phones in the cramped space of a multi million dollar fighter jet doing 600+ mph while wearing a flight suit. If only they had thought of that instead of using extremely expensive Flir cameras that can see from miles away.

#1071 2 years ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

Ghosts are complete bs, but UFOs are real

Obviously you haven't been to my house. Don't call it BS until you've experienced it. But you seem to have everything figured out, so I'll defer to your expertise in the area.

#1072 2 years ago

I'm sure this upcoming Pentagon report will provide few definitive answers, and still follow the same blueprint of the last 75 years. The report will satisfy neither the supporters or the skeptics, and be spun by both sides to support both viewpoints.

However.....I just want to see this report CONFIRM that there are UFO/UAPs in the sky. Admit there is something up there. Admit that pilot eye-witness accounts are credible. Admit that recent Navy sightings are NOT radar abnormalities, optical illusions, weather balloons, or what disinformation tactic they've been using for the last 75 years. Just admit something unexplained is up there.

That point alone will be a major accomplishment & huge step moving forward, and hopefully encourage more information to be revealed & investigated.

As a believer, these are exciting times for sure

#1073 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Obviously you haven't been to my house. Don't call it BS until you've experienced it. But you seem to have everything figured out, so I'll defer to your expertise in the area.

Can't say I've ever believed in ghosts either. However, we currently do not know how many dimensions there really are! String Theory currently suggests there are 10! Also recently, scientists have discovered new particles that only exist in 2D, look up Anyons. These things are crazy. The point being, if these other dimensions exist all around us, who knows what exists in our exact same space. It's plausible that these UFO's aren't coming from a far away solar system but are coming from another dimension altogether. In that sense, something existing in a different dimension (ie. "ghosts") but having a "projection" into our 3D (or 4D) world isn't completely ludicrous.

The fact is, we just don't currently know.

#1074 2 years ago

The thought that these higher "dimensions" equate to separate, invisible "realms" where "higher beings," whether they be ghosts or aliens or angels or gods, could observe us from or actually visit from, is mere ignorant sci-fi buzzword babbling.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/our-continued-existence-means-other-dimensions-are-probably-super-tiny-180970487/

But I have an open mind! I'm betting the aliens are also ghosts!

A11ZBtOAaeL (resized).jpgA11ZBtOAaeL (resized).jpg
    #1075 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm sure this upcoming Pentagon report will provide few definitive answers, and still follow the same blueprint of the last 75 years. The report will satisfy neither the supporters or the skeptics, and be spun by both sides to support both viewpoints.

If you mean that it won't consist of much more than what we've already seen, in terms of quality of evidence, then yes, I agree.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

However.....I just want to see this report CONFIRM that there are UFO/UAPs in the sky. Admit there is something up there. Admit that pilot eye-witness accounts are credible. Admit that recent Navy sightings are NOT radar abnormalities, optical illusions, weather balloons, or what disinformation tactic they've been using for the last 75 years.

I'd say prepare for disappointment on that front. Very strong odds in favor that they really are just balloons, artifacts from technical limitations/glitches of the hardware being used, or strange weather effects (ball lightning, anyone?).

#1076 2 years ago

The thought that these higher "dimensions" equate to separate, invisible "realms" where "higher beings," whether they be ghosts or aliens or angels or gods, could observe us from or actually visit from, is mere ignorant sci-fi buzzword babbling.
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/our-continued-existence-means-other-dimensions-are-probably-super-tiny-180970487/
    But I have an open mind! I'm betting the aliens are also ghosts![quoted image]

Well, if you believe science, we have no idea where 95% of the universe "is". That is, everything humans have ever observed with all of our instruments (me, you, planets, suns, Bosons, Fermions, etc. etc.) only accounts for 5% of the composition of the universe. 27% is "dark matter" and 68% is "dark energy". We have no idea what these things are but we know they must be "here" ... somewhere.

#1077 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

However, we currently do not know how many dimensions there really are!

There are 2, the one we exist in and the real one.
    In ours time,distance and physics apply. Birth and death are realities. Limitations are a rule.
    In the real one, what some may call "Heaven, or the spiritual realm", none of the rules we consider normal apply.
    Actually the opposite, life is eternal. Time, hence distance means nothing. No limiting laws like physics created by man to explain the unexplainable.
    The "Cloud of witnesses" spoken of means a large gathering, everyone that ever existed except the ones remaining alive on Earth watching events unfold.
    Many first person accounts of those traveling in to or glimpses of the other side. The Witch of Endor allowing a visit to a man who had passed on.
    Enoch being translated without dying, Elijah leaving alive on a fiery chariot. Elijah returning as John the Baptist, dying and returning for a visit with Jesus and Moses.
    The Sons of God who came down from a ship, loaded Ezekiel up and rode around in a "Wheel within a wheel, their face shields of Beryl much like space helmets. Translating (transported) to other Cities in an instant.
    Same with Philip and the Eunuch, going in to the water in one place and coming out in to another city instantly.
    Are Ghost real? Jesus told his followers "I am not a ghost", as they were known of and accepted as real from the beginning of recorded history.
    UFO and ghosts share many similarities. Like Angels, many believe in them, claim they have witnessed them, interacted, but have no proof.
    They defy logic, physics, limitations yet this belief continues after thousands of years, even growing stronger.

#1078 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

The fact is, we just don't currently know.

Exactly!

"-------- definitely does exist" and "-------- definitely does not exist" are both ludicrous statements. We live in an unimaginably vast and complex uni/multiverse and here we are with our ape brains proclaiming what can or cannot be.

I used to devour this stuff when I was in my 20's; UFO's, bigfoot, ghosts, cryptids, fafrotskies, ooparts, you name it. I'm likely somewhat more of a skeptic now that 30 years later nothing has been proven, but that's exactly the point, nothing has been proven either for or against. I don't know how anyone can proclaim "-------- doesn't exist" with any real certitude.

#1079 2 years ago

Except that the lack of evidence is not evidence. You can't prove a negative.

So you have to stick with what you can prove, and nothing thus far has come close to proving that UFOs are anything other than noise between reality and human perception systems.

..anything *could* happen, we might find Santa Klaus at the North Pole, but the odds are slim.

#1080 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Except that the lack of evidence is not evidence. You can't prove a negative.
    So you have to stick with what you can prove, and nothing thus far has come close to proving that UFOs are anything other than noise between reality and human perception systems.
    ..anything *could* happen, we might find Santa Klaus at the North Pole, but the odds are slim.

Does that mean monkeys might really com flying out of my ass?

#1081 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't have anything figured out, but at least I admit I don't know. That's the first step in any learning anything. The big issue I have is people saying they know.
    I have had what some would chalk up as a ghost like experience. I moved into my Grandfathers house when I was 13. 2 months after he died...sitting on the pot. I felt a light breeze go by me and it moved the shower curtain. I don't think the AC was on at the time, but I don't buy most ghost related stories people have. Add the silly ghost hunter shows that never find anything and it's hard to take seriously. They never find anything or get evidence. Then there's the security camera stuff where it's clearly a bug flying by. It's possible, but I just don't see that as a thing. Even if half of UFO stories are BS, at least there's recorded information of radar and expert pilots accounts.

#1082 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Only if they are chasing the gerbils.....

#1083 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Yes

#1084 2 years ago

Although as everybody well knows, it is impossible for pigs to fly ....

#1085 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Only if they are chasing the gerbils.....

Is this like which came first. The chicken or the egg ?

Which came first. The monkey or the gerbil ?

I hope someone gets pictures.

LTG : )

#1086 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Huh. Turns out pigs actually Do fly!?

So do horses and kangaroos...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/9943454/weird-animals-emotional-support-plane-kangaroo/

That kangaroo does look kinda pissed though ... lol

#1087 2 years ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

Ghosts are complete bs

I'm with @beelzeboob. Unless you've lived through it you have no idea. Now whether they are ghosts, or the dimensional barriers are just thinner at certain points, or time is distorted, I have no idea. But I do know weird shit that cannot be easily explained happened at one of my houses. Even had some audio recordings that I lost in a divorce. For all I know UFO's could be similar dimensional rifts or something so far beyond my comprehension that I can't even fathom it. Looking forward to this weekend so i can get on my hammock and stare up at the night sky for hours.

#1088 2 years ago

Just watched a show about the Myrtles plantation in Louisiana. Apparently, lots of shows/documentaries have been about 1 of the most unexplained/haunted places. I found it interesting, and don’t need science to explain phenomena/ghosts..

#1091 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

You obviously didn't attend Pink Floyd's "The Wall" tour........

#1092 2 years ago

It does crack me up all the people who want "evidence" etc...

How may people on the planet buy into some religion? show me the evidence on any one of those yet most of the planet clings to some religion.....

Humans are not nearly as evolved or smart as they think they are, pretty easy to see that looking around the current state of the world.

We dont even understand what is in our own planet or oceans let alone anything that may exist oustide our planet.

#1093 2 years ago

It's the ignoring evidence that seems to be the biggest problem these days.

Because there is plenty of evidence for alot of things that are "denied". Just that none of it is circulated or reported on, and none of it that I know of is about e.t. lol

#1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

It does crack me up all the people who want "evidence" etc...
    How may people on the planet buy into some religion? show me the evidence on any one of those yet most of the planet clings to some religion.....
    Humans are not nearly as evolved or smart as they think they are, pretty easy to see that looking around the current state of the world.
    We dont even understand what is in our own planet or oceans let alone anything that may exist oustide our planet.

I think I agree with you except for the first line. Just because an alarming majority of the planet waddles around in complete ignorance letting their lives be ruled by lame myths and legends doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for better.

The immense technological progress that we've achieved is the result of rigorous application of the scientific method, with those findings applied to engineering and such. Not due to prayers or ghosts or sacrificing of virgins.

On that note, here is a bone for the, ahem, "UFO Enthusiast" crowd on this thread. An actual scientific simulation that shows that it would be more feasible for intelligent life to spread across the galaxy than earlier predictions have shown.

https://gizmodo.com/aliens-wouldnt-need-warp-drives-to-take-over-an-entire-1847101242

#1095 2 years ago
    Quoted from Teamhex:

I don't have anything figured out, but at least I admit I don't know. That's the first step in any learning anything. The big issue I have is people saying they know.

Calling something BS is implying you know. I've seen a guy knock at my front door that was in black and white--and my wife heard it--and he turned and walked towards our front windows and literally disappeared. When you have a shared experience by two different people using two different senses, it's kind of tough to disprove or call people nuts. My wife talked to a shadow figure in our upstairs hallway that she thought was me...until she saw me in our bedroom watching TV. Go figure...

#1096 2 years ago

The "Bob Lazar story" is expiring from Netflix tomorrow June 17th, in case anyone wants to watch. Wether you are a believer or not, it's a great movie.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/81083891

#1097 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I think I agree with you except for the first line. Just because an alarming majority of the planet waddles around in complete ignorance letting their lives be ruled by lame myths and legends doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for better.
    The immense technological progress that we've achieved is the result of rigorous application of the scientific method, with those findings applied to engineering and such. Not due to prayers or ghosts or sacrificing of virgins.
    On that note, here is a bone for the, ahem, "UFO Enthusiast" crowd on this thread. An actual scientific simulation that shows that it would be more feasible for intelligent life to spread across the galaxy than earlier predictions have shown.
    https://gizmodo.com/aliens-wouldnt-need-warp-drives-to-take-over-an-entire-1847101242

You are assuming that our "immense progress" and our assumptions about things mean anything....

It is very possible that we know nothing and our brains are pathetically basic.

Even our greatest scientific minds likley dont know jack shit about our universe.

Wasnt that long ago people throught smoking was good for you and it was advertised that way... we arent nearly as smart as you think.

#1098 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You are assuming that our "immense progress" and our assumptions about things mean anything....
    It is very possible that we know nothing and our brains are pathetically basic.
    Even our greatest scientific minds likley dont know jack shit about our universe.
    Wasnt that long ago people throught smoking was good for you and it was advertised that way... we arent nearly as smart as you think.

I'm certain people knew it wasn't good for you, but there was money to be made on an addictive product.

#1099 2 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I'm certain people knew it wasn't good for you, but there was money to be made on an addictive product.

It isnt just cigarettes. 80% of the food we eat is carcinogenic or terrible for you in one way or the other. The FDA allows shit in our food that other countries wont allow. The food makes us sick and the pill the Drs hand out are worse. It aint ignorance folks.

#1100 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It isnt just cigarettes. 80% of the food we eat is carcinogenic or terrible for you in one way or the other. The FDA allows shit in our food that other countries wont allow. The food makes us sick and the pill the Drs hand out are worse. It aint ignorance folks.

Yet somehow the average life expectancy has basically doubled in the last 100 years...

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.00.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.00.03 AM (resized).png
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/22?hl=jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.