Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 52.
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

It's becoming all too clear, right now in my lifetime, that the odds are quickly tilting toward "we're not alone" and the government is now strongly hinting at that conclusion.

Hopefully you live many more decades and will not be disappointed when this doesn't happen. We might prove life elsewhere in our lifetimes, because it certainly exists possibly in our own solar system. On the other hand we are not being visited.

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

On the other hand we are not being visited.

I have no proof that we have been, but you can't prove that we are not.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

His house is legitimately haunted. Mold and high EMF can cause some perception problems but nothing like what he and everyone in his home has experienced. Semi related but a different topic discussed here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts/page/4#post-6279427

You realize that if this were true that it would be the most revolutionary advance in our knowledge of the universe in history? Say hello to the Nobel prize, throw known physics out the window. Anything that is observable falls into the purview of scientific study. If this were real it would be studied in earnest worldwide as it would be a revolution in scientific understanding.

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully you live many more decades and will not be disappointed when this doesn't happen. We might prove life elsewhere in our lifetimes, because it certainly exists possibly in our own solar system. On the other hand we are not being visited.

I'd happily take any bet. 99% confident (most people just aren't paying attention to what has been happening). The government will be releasing increasingly more detailed video and photos (and information) in the coming years. They now know they can no longer maintain the secret given advancements in technology and the speed at which information travels. We're in a "process" (to avoid mass panic) of revelation. Not that I think there is anything to fear whatsoever.

#605 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

I'd happily take any bet. 99% confident (most people just aren't paying attention to what has been happening). The government will be releasing increasingly more detailed video and photos (and information) in the coming years. They now know they can no longer maintain the secret given advancements in technology and the speed at which information travels. We're in a "process" (to avoid mass panic) of revelation. Not that I think there is anything to fear whatsoever.

See there is difference, the difference is you "think" or you "Feel" that's not proof....none of you have solid proof of aliens, yet there is ample scientific data that is dismissed (SETI) in favor of what some pilot thought he saw on his radar. Besides why jump to conclusions and call UFOs alien visitors? It could be one of the many secret project the military is working on. Science is beautiful thing.....facts are even prettier, but in short supply in this forum....I mean now you're discussing ghosts?

#606 2 years ago

Someone mentioned chills down the spine.

I thought to myself, one of the only times I have truly felt chills was in Hawaii in the water. I saw a six foot white tip-shark.

Earlier in my life I remember reading communion by Whitley streiber while up north camping in Michigan.

Nothing actually happened in either case, but I fully had some chills down my spine.

Digression over.

CC061B81-B899-4E4D-AD93-8753CE9DBD60 (resized).jpegCC061B81-B899-4E4D-AD93-8753CE9DBD60 (resized).jpeg
    #607 2 years ago

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. With just about everyone owning a cell phone with a camera I can't believe there aren't more clear pictures of these things.

#608 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

You realize that if this were true that it would be the most revolutionary advance in our knowledge of the universe in history? Say hello to the Nobel prize, throw known physics out the window. Anything that is observable falls into the purview of scientific study. If this were real it would be studied in earnest worldwide as it would be a revolution in scientific understanding.

Not going to express my opinion on ghosts/UFOs

I can see by your verbose sarcastic post that you don't believe in the paranormal and that's cool. You've made your point and no one will try an make you a believer. Besides its off topic to another forum topic. The same for other phenomena like UFOs, Bigfoot or whatever. Keeping an open mind is all that some are trying to convey but trying to put people down for it is petty and doing it repeatedly like others here is trolling.

You wont find evidence that is repeatable in a lab for any of these phenomena hence the reason why we are talking about it. Its unknown and cant be explained by anyone here but it is and does happen.

#609 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

His house is legitimately haunted. Mold and high EMF can cause some perception problems but nothing like what he and everyone in his home has experienced. Semi related but a different topic discussed here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts/page/4#post-6279427

Thank you. Mold and high EMF (neither of which we have because we HAVE tested for it...we are skeptics at heart and always try to discount scientific explanations) won't account for full-bodied apparitions my wife and I have seen, tools flying off tables when our contractors were working, nor for the intelligent answers we got when a team came with their equipment and we all sat in a silent room, played back the recordings, and heard answers that weren't there seconds before.

People who are purely science-minded are actually close-minded and think they've got everything figured out when in actuality we know nothing about a ton of stuff. I wish all of you who think like that a slew of experiences you can't explain even when you try to recreate it. And we do take the time to do that every time something happens.

Sure would like to see a UFO, though...but just because I haven't doesn't mean I don't think they exist.

And I'll bow out now like I did in the ghost thread. Like I said, it's exhausting trying to convince people that haven't had the same experiences we have.

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

See there is difference, the difference is you "think" or you "Feel" that's not proof....none of you have solid proof of aliens, yet there is ample scientific data that is dismissed (SETI) in favor of what some pilot thought he saw on his radar. Besides why jump to conclusions and call UFOs alien visitors? It could be one of the many secret project the military is working on. Science is beautiful thing.....facts are even prettier, but in short supply in this forum....I mean now you're discussing ghosts?

You keep alluding to "what some pilot thought he saw on his radar" yet ignore that they have seen this directly with their own eyes for years
    I for one am not calling it Alien tech ... but it is way more advanced that any country has currently admitted or shown that they are in possession of.
    Alien tech is a possible explanation that has yet to be disproved by proving it's earthly tech.

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You keep alluding to "what some pilot thought he saw on his radar" yet ignore that they have seen this directly with their own eyes for years
    I for one am not calling it Alien tech ... but it is way more advanced that any country has currently admitted or shown that they are in possession of.
    Alien tech is a possible explanation that has yet to be disproved by proving it's earthly tech.

But here you are saying " I have no clue", " I have no proof" multiple times yet making arguments for the alien hypothesis. Which is it? Is secret military tech or aliens?. To reply with "They've seen it with their own eyes" is not enough, what did they see? No one knows.... There are over 100,000 flights a day over the US alone, so the fact you only got a few UFO sightings is itself pretty hard to ignore. Also, one minor correction the article I posted clearly shows one of the pilot say he did not see it with his own eyes.....optical equipment only.

#612 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

But here you are saying " I have no clue", " I have no proof" multiple times yet making arguments for the alien hypothesis. Which is it? Is secret military tech or aliens?. To reply with "They've seen it with their own eyes" is not enough, what did they see? No one knows.... There are over 100,000 flights a day over the US alone, so the fact you only got a few UFO sightings is itself pretty hard to ignore. Also, one minor correction the article I posted clearly shows one of the pilot say he did not see it with his own eyes.....optical equipment only.

Why can't you accept "we don't know what this is, but on radar, video, and eyesight, by trained pilots, we can't identify, or reproduce the actions taken by these vehicles "?

I'm going with you're just trolling.

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sure would like to see a UFO

When aliens abduct an earthling, they always seem to pick up the dumbest redneck they can find.

So you probably have a pretty good shot at seeing a UFO.

LTG : )

#614 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, until disproved - Alien tech is one of the possibilities - Nothing I am sure of nor have proof of, just an option I leave open as plausible
    No we don't know exactly what is is that they have seen - but they have been fairly detailed in describing it's properties and observed capabilities indicating that it's very advance technology regardless of it's origin.

You on the other hand, seem fairly positive its not alien tech... how so? It may be a far reaching possibility, but don't see how you can discount that until it's proven to be something else. What's on your side that you so strongly feel the need to state that there is no way it can be alien? You seem to be arguing, that not only is it not alien, that it's not even real - a figment, or dust on a lens.

#615 2 years ago

You on the other hand, seem fairly positive its not alien tech... how so? It may be a far reaching possibility, but don't see how you can discount that until it's proven to be something else. What's on your side that you so strongly feel the need to state that there is no way it can be alien? You seem to be arguing, that not only is it not alien, that it's not even real - a figment, or dust on a lens.

If you and the rest of the believers listen...not to me but to the experts in this field, they're the ones telling it's not plausible. I roll with the evidence, I say grainy video and eyewitnesses don't make for good proof!
    You sound like you might be open to believing the experts, right? Here's what experts in the field have to say about it:

1. Fermi's Paradox.....a classic argument, still valid, This theory made me realize how wrong I was.....I was certain life exists elsewhere and then he put the scale of things in perspective
    2. SETI Real scientists, real wanna be believers no dice! https://www.seti.org/search-space-aliens-comes-empty-extraterrestrial-life-could-still-be-out-there
    3. MOP and SETI https://www.livescience.com/65745-extraterrestrial-intelligence-has-not-phoned-home.html
    4. Elon Musk weighs in....this guy loves space and aliens....and he's in our camp!
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1374167754404630528?s=20

Life is vey unique phenomenon in the universe, even if it happens elsewhere the tech and the distances involved for first contact makes it very, very, very, very unlikely. Even Avi Loeb the Harvard Astronomer who called Omuamua an alien visitor says that the chance of finding alien life is very unlikely

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Why can't you accept "we don't know what this is, but on radar, video, and eyesight, by trained pilots, we can't identify, or reproduce the actions taken by these vehicles "?
    I'm going with you're just trolling.

As much as I like trolling the "enlightened and openminded" I'm not trolling....I'm posting solid scientific theories and papers....not some testimony from some dude that knows someone that swear he saw something.

#617 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

If you and the rest of the believers listen...not to me but to the experts in this field, they're the ones telling it's not plausible. I roll with the evidence, I say grainy video and eyewitnesses don't make for good proof!
    You sound like you might be open to believing the experts, right? Here's what experts in the field have to say about it:
    1. Fermi's Paradox.....a classic argument, still valid, This theory made me realize how wrong I was.....I was certain life exists elsewhere and then he put the scale of things in perspective
    2. SETI Real scientists, real wanna be believers no dice! https://www.seti.org/search-space-aliens-comes-empty-extraterrestrial-life-could-still-be-out-there
    3. MOP and SETI https://www.livescience.com/65745-extraterrestrial-intelligence-has-not-phoned-home.html
    4. Elon Musk weighs in....this guy loves space and aliens....and he's in our camp!
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1374167754404630528?s=20
    Life is vey unique phenomenon in the universe, even if it happens elsewhere the tech and the distances involved for first contact makes it very, very, very, very unlikely. Even Avi Loeb the Harvard Astronomer who called Omuamua an alien visitor says that the chance of finding alien life is very unlikely

I appreciate your skepticism .. it's healthy in any scientific endeavor.
    Everything is a theory until proven otherwise

Curious - let's take Alien tech off the table.
    Do you even agree that these objects are real and are exhibiting highly advanced tech - or is your assertion that it's dust/clouds/malfunctioning equipment/etc..

#618 2 years ago

I appreciate your skepticism .. it's healthy in any scientific endeavor.
    Everything is a theory until proven otherwise
    Curious - let's take Alien tech off the table.
    Do you even agree that these objects are real and are exhibiting highly advanced tech - or is your assertion that it's dust/clouds/malfunctioning equipment/etc..

I do "believe" the pilots did see some object...yes, but it's likely explainable. I posted a DARPA glider than can do Mach 20....an F-15 or F-16 can do about Mach 3 to 3.5....min weapons and with afterburners. A missile typically does Mach 6 to 8. This thing can easily do twice that, so I'm sure they saw something. It's also good to note that they made the sighting in restricted military airspace around VA beach.

#619 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I do "believe" the pilots did see some object...yes, but it's likely explainable. I posted a DARPA glider than can do Mach 20....an F-15 or F-16 can do about Mach 3 to 3.5....min weapons and with afterburners. A missile typically does Mach 6 to 8. This thing can easily do twice that, so I'm sure they saw something. It's also good to note that they made the sighting in restricted military airspace around VA beach.

Sorry to tell you but a F 16 can only do a little slower than Mach 2 and a F 15 a little faster than that.

#620 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, so we are on the same page....
    They did see real physical objects exhibiting advanced maneuvers at extreme high speeds

And to be factual.. the objects have been reported breaking the sound barrier without producing a sonic boom - very difficult to explain

#622 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Sorry to tell you but a F 16 can only do a little slower than Mach 2 and a F 15 a little faster than that.

Yep sorry, It's about Mach 2, not 3. I've out of the military field for a while. The Soviet have some that do 3.0+

#623 2 years ago

Ok, so we are on the same page....
    the objects have been reported breaking the sound barrier without producing a sonic boom - very difficult to explain

That part is still debatable....again no solid proof.

https://phys.org/news/2011-08-darpa-video-htv-hypersonic-glider.html

#624 2 years ago

nothing in that article states supersonic speed without a sonic boom,
    though to be fair I did find this article
    https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/ames/nasa-supercomputers-visualize-quieter-supersonic-flight

I am completely open to the fact that this is extremely advanced tech that we developed and have been able to keep "hidden", but until that is proven I am keeping my options open

#625 2 years ago

I knew Star Wars was a documentary. I knew it.

#626 2 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I knew Star Wars was a documentary. I knew it.

So was Star Trek and Galaxy Quest !

LTG : )

#627 2 years ago

JMcDonlad, thank you for your well written posts and perspective.
    Most people are very skeptical until they have witnessed first hand something in the skies that are totally unexplainable, not just an object that could be interpreted as a weather ballon or military aviation equipment or something of that ilk.
    It is totally false that people are now just reporting ufo’s more so than in the 50’s through present times. I became interested more so when I first saw something in the early 60’s that our govt simply did not have the technology back then. Objects that moved in a fashion similar to the tic tacs that have now been revealed by the Navy. My experience was reported in a newspaper the next day seen by hundreds of people over a few towns.
    In any case I’m attaching a picture that was taken by the Morning Call (county newspaper) from the front page, Oct 19, 1966. This was an object that was cited on the Wanague reservoir, witnessed by hundreds of people along the shore line including the police and mayor. The object hovered and shot out a beam of light. The Air Force quardoned off the sky. After a while the object shot straight up out of sight.
    Like most stories, over time, people just go about their business because this stuff changes nothing in their lives. Hoping that the report coming out next month moves the needle a bit more for people to accept the fact we are not alone.

B1A9B407-E00A-488A-8275-4BAE2B977D6E (resized).jpegB1A9B407-E00A-488A-8275-4BAE2B977D6E (resized).jpeg
    #628 2 years ago

Forgot to mention, that object also appeared in feb of that year. The beam of light melted the ice in a perfect 12ft circle.

#629 2 years ago

Regular camera versus infrared camera. This is somewhat long video.

#630 2 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

Recognize this UFO?
    [quoted image]

Bunch.

#631 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Lol...awesome!

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Well, when aircraft that are in fact capable of basically mach 7 were built in the 60's ... I think these sorts of stats kind of miss the point a bit.

Mixed up numbers or not... Lol

X-15 top speed was well over 7000kmh (+mach 6), and that thing is 60 years old ffs lol

If we're talking fighters instead of bombers you can't go past the Soviets Mikoyan MiG-25 which first flew in 1964, with a top speed well in excess of 3x the speed of sound (over3500kmh).

#633 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Well, when aircraft that are in fact capable of basically mach 7 were built in the 60's ... I think these sorts of stats kind of miss the point a bit.
    Mixed up numbers or not... Lol
    X-15 top speed was well over 7000kmh (+mach 6), and that thing is 60 years old ffs lol
    If we're talking fighters instead of bombers you can't go past the Soviets Mikoyan MiG-25 which first flew in 1964, with a top speed well in excess of 3x the speed of sound (over3500kmh).

IF you want to reply to me, I'm right there bro. The post means nothing, but thanks anyway! I posted about the Mach 20 hypermach craft because that would be significant to the those pilots watching a craft that was exhibiting impossible behavior to them....(We all know X-15 and SR-71 trust me).

#634 2 years ago

With all due respect.
    Its disheartening to always hear paranormal events bandied about in conversations regarding the existence of UFOs.
    One has nothing to do with the other and one certainly doesn’t bolster the argument for the other.
    It’s as similar as NASA & Evel Knievel.
    Sure the both used rockets, but c’mon now.

#635 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

....none of you have solid proof of aliens, yet there is ample scientific data that is dismissed (SETI) in favor of what some pilot thought he saw on his radar...

In all fairness (not taking sides), SETI doesn't necessarily look for objects at the same wavelength or altitude as a fighter aircraft radar.

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Its disheartening to always hear paranormal events bandied about in conversations regarding the existence of UFOs.
    One has nothing to do with the other and one certainly doesn’t bolster the argument for the other.

According to my neighbor that is not true. Everything in life comes back to aliens including Jesus, contrails and Bigfoot. Ghosts are simply advanced holograms which are controlled by the aliens. To enhance the illusion, they can also project sounds and move objects with anti-gravity devices and all from the safety of their stealth spaceship up above. The illusions are personalized based on data from mind reading and anal probes during abductions.

#637 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

IF you want to reply to me, I'm right there bro. The post means nothing, but thanks anyway! I posted about the Mach 20 hypermach craft because that would be significant to the those pilots watching a craft that was exhibiting impossible behavior to them....(We all know X-15 and SR-71 trust me).

I didn't want to reply to you. Why would I have, the post would be a bit misdirected to quote someone whom seemed to realise what vehicles exist, I quoted the post content I was commenting on.

I wanted to reply to a post that seemed to be playing down the ability of human made vehicles to go much faster than most might expect.

Obviously the capacity for human vehicles to go very fast these days (much faster than presented) wasn't common knowledge to the poster, so I replied. Just because you or I are aware of something does not mean everyone is aware of it (Blackbirds etc.). Also at the end of the day it counts for something that we are referring to technology that is +60 years old. Is that considered "out of date" technology?.

So at the end of the day what I was replying to wasn't one of your posts really, was it.

Anyway now I have replied to your post, yes I know, you're right there

#638 2 years ago

Yes, Alien Scientist is one of my favorite Youtubers these days.

Quoted from chad:

Jeremy at Alien Scientist has a lot of good videos/info.

#639 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I guess I've always been very good at connecting the dots.
    The only time I said "think" (above) is when stating I don't believe we have anything to fear (if extraterristial life wanted to exterminate us they could, but we're still here). Here are the facts, however.
    - "Somehow" a UFO military video first leaked to the public starting in 2007.
    - In 2019 an additional 2 military videos "leaked" to the public
    - In 2020 the Pentagon officially declassified the 3 videos and confirmed they were authentic and reamined unexplained although an investigation continued
    - Also in December 2020, Trump snuck into a Covid Bill that the Pentagon had a 180-day countdown to compile a full report for Congress
    - In 2021 (just over a week ago) in a 60 Minutes bombshell, military personnel (2 highly-credible Navy pilots) were allowed to speak on record about the 2004 incident and what they witnessed with their own eyes (NOT via camera or monitor) a "UAP with technology at least 100 to 1000 years ahead of us". Another active pilot confirmed they see these "machines" on a near-daily basis "invading our airspace with impunity".
    - Two days later, on James Corden, former President Barack Obama confirms "... I'm being serious now, these ..." these are real physical machines and "we don't know exactly what they are".

These are facts now. How do you not see the "red flag" that there has been a MAJOR shift in policy regarding UFO's? For decades the Pentagon has refused to acknowledge them, has refused to allow military personnell to even speak about them. Something has very clearly changed.
    Presidents and highly intelligent military personell do not make outlandish claims without considering all possibilities. They are flat out trying to tell you these things are real and are here and have technology way beyond our own and we cannot explain them. Period.

#640 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

That's hands down the most condescending, ignorant/juvenile, and asinine response I've seen yet. How shocking it managed to divulge into a Fox News tantrum more than anything else. For him to joke about the IQ of fighter pilots (much less one who has graduated Top Gun) is pretty damn insulting. I'm highly confident they would not mistake a duck (100+ miles out at sea) for something inexplicable. Plus, the 2004 incident in particular, FOUR pilots .. not one .. all confirming the same description of 5 minutes of observation with their OWN EYES. Not just cameras and radar. And ONCE AGAIN ... you damn well better believe they have high-definition video and photos!! Did you really think the government was going to hit you all at once with everything they have and know?? I think that speaks to your IQ, not theirs. Think about how serious these revelations are. Even if you don't believe it in the slightest (fine), surely you have to acknowledge that if the government did have strong PROOF that they would have to find a way to slowly break the news to the public if/when they concluded they could not keep it a secret forever, no?? HOW would you break the news to the public?? I'm thinking a years-long process is in order and releasing downgraded imagery and video is part of the early steps.

#641 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

I guess I've always been very good at connecting the dots.
    The only time I said "think" (above) is when stating I don't believe we have anything to fear (if extraterristial life wanted to exterminate us they could, but we're still here). Here are the facts, however.
    - "Somehow" a UFO military video first leaked to the public starting in 2007.
    - In 2019 an additional 2 military videos "leaked" to the public
    - In 2020 the Pentagon officially declassified the 3 videos and confirmed they were authentic and reamined unexplained although an investigation continued
    - Also in December 2020, Trump snuck into a Covid Bill that the Pentagon had a 180-day countdown to compile a full report for Congress
    - In 2021 (just over a week ago) in a 60 Minutes bombshell, military personnel (2 highly-credible Navy pilots) were allowed to speak on record about the 2004 incident and what they witnessed with their own eyes (NOT via camera or monitor) a "UAP with technology at least 100 to 1000 years ahead of us". Another active pilot confirmed they see these "machines" on a near-daily basis "invading our airspace with impunity".
    - Two days later, on James Corden, former President Barack Obama confirms "... I'm being serious now, these ..." these are real physical machines and "we don't know exactly what they are".
    These are facts now. How do you not see the "red flag" that there has been a MAJOR shift in policy regarding UFO's? For decades the Pentagon has refused to acknowledge them, has refused to allow military personnell to even speak about them. Something has very clearly changed.
    Presidents and highly intelligent military personell do not make outlandish claims without considering all possibilities. They are flat out trying to tell you these things are real and are here and have technology way beyond our own and we cannot explain them. Period.

Here's the Obama video he never says "Real Machines" that's a pretty important difference, also the part where you say UAP's that are at least 100 to 1000 yrs ahead of us is from where? Who are you quoting? Next, you keep saying these things are real? Why? because of a couple of pilots that saw something they can't easily explain? That's the threshold for believing something? One final note...(even the pilot in the article I posted says as much) these are UFOs or UAPs....they will stay that way for now. We have zero, I mean ZERO proof they are aliens from another outer space.

#642 2 years ago

THE MEDIA LOVES THIS UFO EXPERT WHO SAYS HE WORKED FOR AN OBSCURE PENTAGON PROGRAM. DID HE?
    There is no discernible evidence that Luis Elizondo ever worked for a government UFO program, much less led one.

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/01/ufo-unidentified-history-channel-luis-elizondo-pentagon/

I really thought 60 min was better than that...they obviously didn't vet the guy.

#643 2 years ago

A Googleplex of stars and we're the only planet to develop life?

Math much?

#644 2 years ago

Anyone to whom this thing is -unknown-, could quite possibly classify it as unexplained, unidentified, flying/aerial ... and also an object/phenomenon. Supersonic back-burns in the stratosphere at night aren't something common to be aware of or be seen (and know exactly what it is), before these days.

Perhaps again at 5:40s is something of a new sight as well.

Not to take away from it being pretty impressive and a product of mankind. But this is not a "UFO". Or an alien.

Of course most would know of this particular thing. The point is that there are certainly creations by humans that most people would naturally not know about, and quite likely more spectacular as well...

#645 2 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

That's hands down the most condescending, ignorant/juvenile, and asinine response I've seen yet. How shocking it managed to divulge into a Fox News tantrum more than anything else. For him to joke about the IQ of fighter pilots (much less one who has graduated Top Gun) is pretty damn insulting. I'm highly confident they would not mistake a duck (100+ miles out at sea) for something inexplicable. Plus, the 2004 incident in particular, FOUR pilots .. not one .. all confirming the same description of 5 minutes of observation with their OWN EYES. Not just cameras and radar. And ONCE AGAIN ... you damn well better believe they have high-definition video and photos!! Did you really think the government was going to hit you all at once with everything they have and know?? I think that speaks to your IQ, not theirs. Think about how serious these revelations are. Even if you don't believe it in the slightest (fine), surely you have to acknowledge that if the government did have strong PROOF that they would have to find a way to slowly break the news to the public if/when they concluded they could not keep it a secret forever, no?? HOW would you break the news to the public?? I'm thinking a years-long process is in order and releasing downgraded imagery and video is part of the early steps.

Look , I had just run across this video and it does not necessarily reflect my opinion. I was putting out another view of the picture. I personally am not going against any Pilots sightings, let that be clear.

#646 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

... I really thought 60 min was better than that...

It would not be a bad thing if more people noticed how media like this is more about telling fascinating or scary tales than it is about reporting facts.

#647 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

It would not be a bad thing if more people noticed how media like this is more about telling fascinating or scary tales than it is about reporting facts.

Well, news should be factual. But if they want to pass it on as a show I have no issues with that.

Ps: that article is a pretty revealing about Mr. Elizando, he works for a company that gets paid to produce and sell UFO shows to cable TV among other things.....it's hard now to take him an impartial soothsayer of this subject.

#648 2 years ago

It's been said in this lengthy thread that there are something like 10 billion trillion planets, or whatever the crazy number is. I saw or read that by sheer chance alone, there must be 10 million (billion?) that are capable of supporting life. I believe it's out there somewhere, whether a microbe or E.T. himself. The fact we haven't had a beer with them is that the universe is just too damn big.

A recent doc on Netflix, I cant think of the guy's name but he's had several, describes it something like this. If these beings HAVE advanced eons and eons further than us, they're on a much more metaphysical plane (i know, it sounds hippie-ish). But by trying to reach that level (meditation etc) we, and they, can transcend those huge distances. He takes people out into the desert, they sit around and meditate and shit starts happening, they film it.

Like someone recently mentioned above, the govt has done a huge about face - from saying no, they don't exist PERIOD for 75 years, to saying ok, we have some questions...and that they'd have to release their knowledge slowly. Reminds me of the book "Childhoods End", where huge spaceships appear over every major city on Earth, and they announce they'll reveal themselves in 50 years. That way, most of the population will have grown up with them in the sky, and many of the others will be dead.

I don't think EVERY incident of UFO sighting is false/fake/man made. I hope I'm alive to see the conclusion.

#649 2 years ago

Yes, there planes that can go very fast. But can they perform maneuvers that would leave any pilot a pile of mush? Maybe they are drones. Objects with extraordinary flight characteristics have been reported long before drone technology was a possibility. The "Foo Fighters" of WWII, for example.
    "They can't be from another planet because the distances are too large." What if you had a lifespan of thousands of years? A trip that lasted a few hundred years wouldn't seem like much.
    "SETI hasn't found anything" This argument is laughable. SETI searches for radio waves. We have been using radio waves for communication for about 100 years. Maybe within the next 100 we will move on to a different technology. If most advancing civilizations did the same, there would be a relatively minuscule period of time that they would be detectable by SETI's radio telescopes. Coupled with the enormous size of just our galaxy, it seems we are more likely not to detect any artificial radio signals.
    "Elon Musk" Who?

My point is, the UFO phenomenon is real. None of us know the truth about what they are. It doesn't help that the government has done a lot to make the subject a joke. Are they now going to be open and truthful? I have doubts. Do I believe that they are aliens? It does seem highly unlikely, but to dismiss the possibility out of hand would be introducing bias into the study of the phenomenon.

#650 2 years ago

Big corp media is about making money, over reporting facts. Speaking of the "News" portion of course, as opposed to the "entertainment" aspects such as 60 minutes.

While I think that ET's would certainly be doing their best to be undetected or invisible (and mostly succeeding), at the same time I think there is alot more advanced human technology getting around the place that is really just like military secrets in testing. Of course the logical or sensible world image cover story to help keep things covert ... "These are Alien Vehicles! . We admit they really exist!". "Oh no, this is definately NOT technology that we/our opponents possess!".

Vast amounts of crap gets put into the general information stream. Peoples filters are supposed to become blocked and dysfunctional.

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.