Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,566 posts
  • 235 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240414_120219_Facebook (resized).jpg
    DC (resized).png
    IMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240310_160206.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.28.08?PM (resized).png
    2b95d0d0677e2ab3d241e767e9efc95c (resized).jpg
    7ec9c794e441959a3bfdd28b9f54e4c2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
    skynews-stonehenge-monument_4583271.jpg
    71901805018__8D280B0F-5374-4172-A7E1-23B1A2BFF38E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    300k (resized).png
    IMG_1843 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6755 (resized).png
    a7qmZDA_460s (resized).jpg
    There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 52.
    #451 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Interesting hypothesis. There are theories that our universe is actually flat and the depth we perceive is an illusion of how the fabric of existence is presented to us.
    Toyota raised good points about the "why" - if they can manipulate gravity then they could also bend light and make themselves invisible. Or maybe they're already doing that, and the ships aren't actually saucers or oval shaped but that's all we can see because of the light bending around the object - kind of like something that looks small and out of focus due to a lot of light being behind it.

Every dimension is "flat" to the one above it. A 2-d square is flat to us 3-d creatures. We'd be flat to 4-d creatures. 4-d creatures would be flat to 5-d creatures.....and so on. Turtles all the way down!

#452 3 years ago

Meanwhile here on Earth:

93451234-F8AA-4A2E-9345-885C5F667A22 (resized).png93451234-F8AA-4A2E-9345-885C5F667A22 (resized).png
    #453 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Interesting hypothesis. There are theories that our universe is actually flat and the depth we perceive is an illusion of how the fabric of existence is presented to us.
    Toyota raised good points about the "why" - if they can manipulate gravity then they could also bend light and make themselves invisible. Or maybe they're already doing that, and the ships aren't actually saucers or oval shaped but that's all we can see because of the light bending around the object - kind of like something that looks small and out of focus due to a lot of light being behind it.

I am glad to speak with someone who understood what I was trying to convey.
    I see them more as "Accidental Tourist". Going about there business and yet observed by many through the veil.
    They already know volumes about us, they are not trying to learn but instead teach/

#454 3 years ago

If they are trying to teach it is too slow for me... perhaps us.

#455 3 years ago

With all the cell cams out there nowadays, by now we'd have videos of ghosts driving ufos if they existed.

#456 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

With all the cell cams out there nowadays, by now we'd have videos of ghosts driving ufos if they existed.

Yeah...don't even go there. The ghosts are all at my house. My place is so haunted, Dr. Oz did a segment on it, and an investigative team refused to come back after 6 hours at our place. So anyone that says ghosts don't exist simply haven't experienced paranormal activity.

And there are tons more UFO footage nowadays because of all the cell phones...multiple views from different angles in broad daylight in cities, no less. Some pretty compelling stuff. I'd love to see a UFO, but haven't. Doesn't mean they don't exist just because I haven't experienced it.

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd love to see a UFO,

I'm amazed they haven't picked you up yet and released you later.

LTG : )

#458 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm amazed they haven't picked you up yet and released you later.
    LTG : )

Dude! You've seen me, for God's sake. I LOOK like a freakin' alien. Could've already happened...

#459 3 years ago

The Germans had flying saucers in 1945. We brought over a hundred nazi rocket scientists after the War, including Von Braun. Since then we have perfected jets and nuclear-powered vehicles.
    Does people think we just stopped after Apollo?
    Many people think rocket technology is for show and we have far more advanced propulsion systems in use. 75 years of research and monumental advances and we still rely on ancient firework propulsions systems?
    I have seen ufo's, and most of them are US.

#460 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Most. And if they're us, then they're not UFOs.

#461 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The Germans had flying saucers in 1945. We brought over a hundred nazi rocket scientists after the War, including Von Braun. Since then we have perfected jets and nuclear-powered vehicles.
    Does people think we just stopped after Apollo?
    Many people think rocket technology is for show and we have far more advanced propulsion systems in use. 75 years of research and monumental advances and we still rely on ancient firework propulsions systems?

I agree with most of this.

To think were being told and shown technology only 20 years old is ludicrous. To believe we stopped going to the moon just because is also ridiculous. Breakaway society? No doubt in my mind.

#462 3 years ago

Hmm, seems like if the money trail were to be followed there might be some discoveries about what some of the USA's "black budget" military projects constitute.

#463 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...don't even go there. The ghosts are all at my house. My place is so haunted, Dr. Oz did a segment on it, and an investigative team refused to come back after 6 hours at our place. So anyone that says ghosts don't exist simply haven't experienced paranormal activity.
    And there are tons more UFO footage nowadays because of all the cell phones...multiple views from different angles in broad daylight in cities, no less. Some pretty compelling stuff. I'd love to see a UFO, but haven't. Doesn't mean they don't exist just because I haven't experienced it.

Dr. Oz did a segment on your house?

#464 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Dr. Oz did a segment on your house?

I’d like to see that.

#465 3 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I’d like to see that.

I don't publicize it because (as I just told 27dnast in a PM) it pisses me off when ignorant people call us crazy. Plus, we left the taping a little disappointed because we weren't even allowed to talk about the most mind-blowing experiences we've had in the house. It came off a little tame. (And lame.)

But when you've had people experience multiple things with different senses (one sees it, and one hears it, for instance), or people see the episode and THEN tell you, "You know...there was something that happened to me in your house, but I didn't want to alarm you...", it becomes tough to pass it off as mass hysteria. And we really do our best to debunk everything that happens in our house because I am cautiously skeptical.

That said, we haven't had anything happen for almost 18 months since the ghost investigation team left in November 2019--until this week, that is. So...I guess we weren't crazy for a while???

But back to UFOs, everybody!!!

#466 3 years ago

We had weird stuff happen fairly regularly at our old shop.

Mostly lights turning on, we'd come in the mornings and the main lights would be on. Or they'd be on when we came back from lunch. Sometimes lights would shut off when we were in other room.

Had the clock fall off the wall a few times, I still have it even though it no longer works. Frame is all cracked from the falls.

Came in one morning and Attack from Mars was on. That pissed me off, waste of electricity. Sometimes we'd hear things, like the front door opening or voices. One time I was sitting there soldering, and our metal box fan emits a "brrring!" sound like someone scraped their fingernails across the metal grates. Fan wasn't running. By then I was like "whatever"

We'd also sometimes find things on the floor, like binders fallen off a shelf or a power strip fallen off its mounting hooks.

So yeah, nobody believes it until they experience it and it's more annoying than scary.

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't publicize it because (as I just told 27dnast in a PM) it pisses me off when ignorant people call us crazy. Plus, we left the taping a little disappointed because we weren't even allowed to talk about the most mind-blowing experiences we've had in the house. It came off a little tame. (And lame.)
    But when you've had people experience multiple things with different senses (one sees it, and one hears it, for instance), or people see the episode and THEN tell you, "You know...there was something that happened to me in your house, but I didn't want to alarm you...", it becomes tough to pass it off as mass hysteria. And we really do our best to debunk everything that happens in our house because I am cautiously skeptical.
    That said, we haven't had anything happen for almost 18 months since the ghost investigation team left in November 2019--until this week, that is. So...I guess we weren't crazy for a while???
    But back to UFOs, everybody!!!

I fully understand and would love to hear all of details. I am going to started a thread on the separate ghost topic.

#468 3 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I fully understand and would love to hear all of details. I am going to started a thread on the separate ghost topic.

I think there is one already.

#469 3 years ago

There are both man made ufos by military institutions and ufos from a much older civilization that live in underground cities and watch over humanity

#470 3 years ago

Check out The Cryptoterrestrials
    by Mac Tonnies good stuff!

#471 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Just watched the episode with the things that look like strings of red, blue, and clear balloons.
    What. The. Hell.

Another goodie on Amazon Prime: Walking with the Tall Whites

#472 3 years ago

I used to believe in UFOs till I read about Fermi’s paradox

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I used to believe in UFOs till I read about Fermi’s paradox

It is possible that the unique nature of our moon greatly helped with life on Earth. Still, the universe is too vast for that to not have happened, statistically, elsewhere.

#474 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It is possible that the unique nature of our moon greatly helped with life on Earth. Still, the universe is too vast for that to not have happened, statistically, elsewhere.

To wit: The Drake Equation...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #475 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The moon is crazy coincidence, on so many levels, that it borders on direct placement (manufactured, if you will).

#476 3 years ago

Our moon is certainly unique, at least in our own solar system. The running theory is that it's the coalesced debris from an inter-planetary collision. This explains the tidal lock (why we only see one side) and why it's the largest moon (compared to its planet) by a long shot. Venus is roughly our same size 0 moons, Mars is smaller with 2 moons that are glorified asteroids.

This video shows the barycenter orbit of Earth and moon. Barycenter is the center point of gravitational mass between two objects in space.

Note how the Earth and Moon almost act like a binary planetary system (much like Pluto and Charon)

A moon collision could have been responsible for "spinning up" our molten core, which Venus and Mars lack. This creates an EMF that protects us from solar radiation (which is going to be an issue on Mars Elon!)

In addition even the tides could have contributed to life. Maybe a fish shores up enough time, and it like "screw it, I'm growing legs!" If events like these are required for evolved life then Earth could be rarer than we think.

Important to think about how rare an inter-planetary collision could be. Most of space is empty. Even our own asteroid belt is empty enough that NASA doesn't even bother aiming probes, they just say "screw it" because the chance of a craft-asteroid (random) collision is so remote.

#477 3 years ago

Fermi is correct. Where are they?

I wouldn't be surprised if all highly intelligent life eventually destroys itself (if not its planet, as well).

As civilizations advance, there's a critical stage where escalating overpopulation and highly developed technology due to the species' "success" intersects with conflict and BOOM! It's all over.

We've been living in this critical stage since Nagasaki and Hiroshima and capabilities for destruction just get higher and higher.

The Human Race is a poster child for almost certain destruction. I can't see, collectively, how we embody those traits that might allow us to escape this critical stage and advance to the next.

The more people you have (we should probably have 2 billion on the Earth and we are approaching 8 billion)...the more technology you've got...the chances for some crazy leader somewhere to end it all just gets higher and higher.

For example, what if somebody discovers a way to have a localized explosion of some kind ignite or otherwise destroy the Earth's entire atmosphere? This technology isn't out of the question, and it would only take a single human being with this capability and some kind of political or religious agenda...to destroy the entire planet.

Or all-out nuclear war? etc. etc.

It's likely this level of destruction of a planet/advanced civilization has happened many times in the Universe. 1,000 times already? 1 million times? 1 billion times? Who knows? I think they say there are as many suns in the Universe as there are grains of sand on the Earth.

I'm sure just about everything has happened out there, somewhere...yet we see no clear evidence of the existence of another highly-developed civilization?

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:Fermi is correct. Where are they?
    I wouldn't be surprised if all highly intelligent life eventually destroys itself (if not its planet, as well).
    As civilizations advance, there's a critical stage where escalating overpopulation and highly developed technology due to the species' "success" intersects with conflict and BOOM! It's all over.
    We've been living in this critical stage since Nagasaki and Hiroshima and capabilities for destruction just get higher and higher.
    The Human Race is a poster child for almost certain destruction. I can't see, collectively, how we embody those traits that might allow us to escape this critical stage and advance to the next.
    The more people you have (we should probably have 2 billion on the Earth and we are approaching 8 billion)...the more technology you've got...the chances for some crazy leader somewhere to end it all just gets higher and higher.
    For example, what if somebody discovers a way to have a localized explosion of some kind ignite or otherwise destroy the Earth's entire atmosphere? This technology isn't out of the question, and it would only take a single human being with this capability and some kind of political or religious agenda...to destroy the entire planet.
    Or all-out nuclear war? etc. etc.
    It's likely this level of destruction of a planet/advanced civilization has happened many times in the Universe. 1,000 times already? 1 million times? 1 billion times? Who knows? I think they say there are as many suns in the Universe as there are grains of sand on the Earth.
    I'm sure just about everything has happened out there, somewhere...yet we see no clear evidence of the existence of another highly-developed civilization?

Yes, the real nail in the coffin as summed up by his famous declaration at the lunch table is the lack of even the smallest shred of evidence. I wish it wasn’t so convincing

#479 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

I think they say there are as many suns in the Universe as there are grains of sand on the Earth.

When you say "suns" do you mean stars where someone is there to call it their sun? Otherwise that's off by four orders of magnitude. (But if one in every 10,000 stars harbors intelligent life, that's a lot, too!)

Someone with nothing better to do once estimated 7.5 x 10^18 grains of sand on the Earth.

Our galaxy has something like 10^11 to 10^12 stars, and there are something like 10^11 to 10^12 galaxies, so ballpark estimate of total stars is between 10^22 to 10^24. Someone else tried to nail it down, and came up with approximately 7x10^22, or 70 thousand million million million.

Unbelievably huge number, right? But you will find the same number of molecules in about 10 drops of water!

#480 3 years ago

So the Fermi Paradox includes The Great Filter; most intelligent species will kill themselves off before they becomes a multi planetary inhabitants.

With humans being so close to reaching inter-planetary travel, do you guys think that we’ve crossed The Great Filter, or are we on the edge of destruction?

If allies are real and visiting us, are they here to usher us into this next phase, or are they patiently waiting to destroy us?

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So the Fermi Paradox includes The Great Filter; most intelligent species will kill themselves off before they becomes a multi planetary inhabitants.
    With humans being so close to reaching inter-planetary travel, do you guys think that we’ve crossed The Great Filter, or are we on the edge of destruction?
    If allies are real and visiting us, are they here to usher us into this next phase, or are they patiently waiting to destroy us?

#482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'm really no expert and talking out of my hat, but I would guess that **IF** we can survive the next 300 years as a species, we have a shot to get to the next level. Successfully travel between planetary systems in a somewhat timely fashion, advance the human experience side of things (longer, healthier lives, more meaning to life and less human suffering).

It may look differently superficially, but IMO we're only one step above the Middle Ages. We have complex stuff going on, technology-wise, but we haven't developed enough as a species. User Error, planetary abuse and Human Psychology are dooming us.

If we want to survive, we should be focusing on education and culture. Instead, as a world-wide culture, we're obsessed with violence and discord. This, as a species. Go to South America; Europe; Africa; Russia; China.... everybody is obsessed with power and domination.

We're nowhere near any kind of satisfying planetary travel. The next 100 years, we'll send people to camp out and die on Mars. Maybe other planets and moons, too. It'll be entertaining, but ultimately meaningless compared to the dramas we're going to unleash upon our own planet. How could we terraform another planet like Mars when we can't even clean up the Earth: a planet that is throbbing with the conditions and cycles that continue to provide an arena for life to survive, despite our rigorous efforts to compromise the environment?

IMO, as far as aliens are concerned, SF shows (SW, ST) that show alien races interacting are a bit rich.

They would certainly have zero interest in destroying us.

What would our planet look like to that rare alien race that has survived to the next level? Keep in mind the Universe could be 14 Billion years old. Think of the advances in technology we've had in the past *20 years* .... let alone 10,000 years or 50,000 years.

The differences in technology between two advanced civilizations that interact would be immense. Any civilization that survives the filter of self-destruction would certainly not be interested in violence of any kind; that would have been beaten out of them.

If there was an alien race and they were interested in ushering us into the next Phase...they would have presented themselves to us, by now. As per Fermi.

They would have nothing to lose. Why wouldn't they just come out and say "here we are: we're here to advise and help you and warn you". And Humans would undoubtedly have a kind of rustic appeal to them. Our languages; cultures; cuisine; architecture; artistic achievements...would be appealing to them. And they would care about us and be saddened by the great inequities and human suffering on our Earth.

Why wouldn't they help? They would gain much and lose nothing because they would be WAY MORE advanced than us and we would pose a zero threat to them with their massively advanced technologies.

Simple answer: they aren't there.

Believe me: I wish they were!

#483 3 years ago
    BDDFCC99-C2E3-4106-844D-D9C47C4C5DC8 (resized).jpegBDDFCC99-C2E3-4106-844D-D9C47C4C5DC8 (resized).jpegD6E2A54C-6846-4624-BEDF-3FEFB883A8D3 (resized).jpegD6E2A54C-6846-4624-BEDF-3FEFB883A8D3 (resized).jpeg
    #484 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

And they would care about us and be saddened by the great inequities and human suffering on our Earth.
    Why wouldn't they help? They would gain much and lose nothing because they would be WAY MORE advanced than us and we would pose a zero threat to them with their massively advanced technologies.

Why would they care? Do they have human like emotions? Perhaps in their super advanced world they’ve grown past petty emotions like sadness, empathy and anger. Perhaps they would look at us as nothing more that a resource worth harvesting.

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Ancient Aliens!

My thoughts exactly...BTW this video sums up PERFECTLY what I have been telling my wife about that show...Kept me laughing for twenty minutes straight with no drugs needed..

#486 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Simple answer: they aren't there.
    Believe me: I wish they were!

I take the Star Trek theory of non interference. I would guess that just obtaining our history to take back would be incredible. I know that if we found an earth 2 we would go nuts comparing our history to theirs.

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Exactly, You can shoot a rocket straight up into space and it can go on forever - there is no end, space is infinite
    With that kind of space, odds are there are other life forms somewhere out there now or at one point in the past qazillion billion years+.

Now are they within reachable distances, the odds are a lot slimmer on that one

A more interesting question is, in the history of any of these alien societies - did they ever create a pinball like machine?

#488 3 years ago

The recent commercial airline pilot who reported a circular object that flew directly over the plane has no explanation and was confirmed as a UFO I believe. Meaning of course it was unidentifiable.

Totally buzzed by the craft.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2021/02/24/american-airlines-pilot-reports-ufo-flight-to-phoenix/6805563002/

#489 3 years ago

I saw a u f o, filmed it and it was the jet pack guy in Los Angeles. True story.

#490 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

at one point in the past qazillion billion years+.

This is inaccurate by a factor of whatever a qazillion/14 is.

If 14 billion sounds like too low a number for ya, convert it to seconds: 4.4x10^17 or 440 million billion seconds.

#491 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

They would gain much and lose nothing because they would be WAY MORE advanced than us and we would pose a zero threat to them with their massively advanced technologies

You assume they could help us advance. We are to them what monkeys are to us. If aliens magically appeared we would destroy ourselves for sure. Aliens would have to choose which government wins. Doesn't make sense for them to help us at all.

#492 3 years ago

We are also assuming they even care to travel in space to visit other cultures. Maybe they don't care, maybe they are afraid of exposing their own civilization, maybe they can observe without being observed. Maybe they are already here, guiding humanity (to succeed, or to fail).

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

You assume they could help us advance. We are to them what monkeys are to us. If aliens magically appeared we would destroy ourselves for sure. Aliens would have to choose which government wins. Doesn't make sense for them to help us at all.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

We are also assuming they even care to travel in space to visit other cultures. Maybe they don't care, maybe they are afraid of exposing their own civilization, maybe they can observe without being observed. Maybe they are already here, guiding humanity (to succeed, or to fail).

You're both right. Anyone read "The Mote In God's Eye"? In the book humans discovered another species, and they deem them dangerous because of their birth rate and eventual population explosion....except the moties sound like us.

#494 3 years ago

Some photos that have been deemed authentic from the Pentagon yesterday:
    https://www.mysterywire.com/ufo/new-uap-photographs/

And some video:
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/politics/unidentified-aerial-phenomena-defense-department/index.html
    https://www.extraordinarybeliefs.com/news4/navy-filmed-pyramid-ufos

I'm a bit skeptical of the video, it looks like a regular strobe sequence from an airplane or jet. It's triangle shape could have been caused by the shape of the shutter on the infrared sight that was used.

The photos kind of look like baloons, but apparently they were stationary even in high winds

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

You're both right. Anyone read "The Mote In God's Eye"? In the book humans discovered another species, and they deem them dangerous because of their birth rate and eventual population explosion....except the moties sound like us.

Ok, haven't read it but I will give it a shot - I did notice we are off the timeline just a little bit - interstellar travel was suppose to be possible in 2008 in the book

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ok, haven't read it but I will give it a shot - I did notice we are off the timeline just a little bit - interstellar travel was suppose to be possible in 2008 in the book

Lol..yeah. it's considered one of the best Sci-Fi novels ever...ymmv.

#497 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..yeah. it's considered one of the best Sci-Fi novels ever...ymmv.

"The Mote In God's Eye" is a great novel. I've read it several times over the years. I liked the sequel, "The Gripping Hand" too.

If you like Niven and Pournelle, they teamed up with Steven Barnes for the equally great "Legacy of Heorot." It deals with mankind's early attempt at interstellar colonization.

#499 3 years ago

As Robert Klein would often remark, "oooooooo-WEEEEEE-oooooo!" Probably still does say that.

web 900 x 600 Robert Klein 01 (resized).jpgweb 900 x 600 Robert Klein 01 (resized).jpg
    #500 3 years ago

Here's what caught my eye: CNN Business

Why is this in the business section???

There are 2,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ufo-s-are-real-now-/page/10?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.