Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(6).JPG

#1 11 years ago

19k for a TZ you ppl are crazy...i dont care how nice it is, its still a game almost 20yrs old

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111024384569&index=10&nav=SEARCH&nid=52552217756

#2 11 years ago

You said it bro!

#3 11 years ago

Gotta love ol rick james

#4 11 years ago

i feel we are witnessing the 'bank run' for pinball.

#5 11 years ago

Free shipping, though!

#6 11 years ago

O shit didnt see free shipping...must be coming from the moon then with that price

#7 11 years ago

Did it sell? Are you buying it? Then WHAT do you care what they are asking? Never understood why people get upset when someone asks a lot for an item...

#8 11 years ago

$19,000

photo_(6).JPGphoto_(6).JPG

#9 11 years ago

1000 people laugh, one person buys. New market price for TZ is then $19,000.
Terry.

#10 11 years ago

Seller says that is a fair price for a TZ in that condition though.

#11 11 years ago

Nobody is going to buy it for $19K. If it is indeed HUO and MINT condition it might hit $10K, might. My guess is it's just another TZ (Not HUO) in decent shape and worth $4500ish

#12 11 years ago

This is not what it is coming to. This is what one persons hopes.

#13 11 years ago

#14 11 years ago

Not another thread about this, why does it matter what someone asks for a pinball machine to those not interested in buying it? It's a free market society (well, still anyway), that means that you don't have to buy it if you don't want it, and they are free to ask what they want for it.

If someone pays 20k for a TZ, then what does it matter to you if they have the disposable cash to do it and it works for them? It does not now make a TZ 19k in the marketplace, it makes it 19k for that transaction.

#15 11 years ago

If old pins like TZ start hitting 19k...expect repos from China to be in the works. In a world where MM is hitting 15k I'm surprised we haven't already seen some Chinese knock offs . . . I guess they do not believe the market would sustain the price if an influx of new MM's hit the street or they would already be selling them in my view.

#16 11 years ago

@matt...

ummm.....

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If old pins like TZ start hitting 19k...expect repos from China to be in the works. In a world where MM is hitting 15k I'm surprised we haven't already seen some Chinese knock offs . . . I guess they do not believe the market would sustain the price if an influx of new MM's hit the street or they would already be selling them in my view.

Are we going to pick them up on Canal St in NY next to our Fucci's and Bolex's?

#18 11 years ago

It's not coming to anything. It's just one random a hole who has seen too many picker shows and is hoping this is his get rich quick idea that will pan out. I'm betting the seller also has a garage full of Bennie babies and pogs he will sell you if you ask. Look at ebay in your local area.in my area there are games that have been listed for over 2 years because everyone knows that the sellers are asking way to much for said game.let mr. A hole choke on his tz. There are plenty more out there to go around.

#19 11 years ago

there was a mm on ebay uk for 10k (wich is about twice as much as they fetch in the uk) amount of bids zero. But a mb sold fo 3.5k yesterday so not all bad

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Are we going to pick them up on Canal St in NY next to our Fucci's and Bolex's?

I guess that would take one big dude to open up his jacket and have a Twilight Zone strapped to him...

#21 11 years ago

^^^

pssst... buddy... wanna buy a tz?

i seriously seriously doubt that cheap chinese knockoffs will ever be an issue with pins...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DrBoomson:

19k for a TZ you ppl are crazy...i dont care how nice it is, its still a game almost 20yrs old

19k is nuts for TZ! but the machines age has nothing to do with it anything.
I love it when people talk about pinball machines like old stereo equipment or cell phones...
It's not like XMEN is an iPhone 5 and TZ is a brick phone
Somethings get better with age

#24 11 years ago

I personally think Twighlight Zone is worth $1,500 . That's what I'd be willing to pay for one , If one never comes to me at that price I'll never own and I'm fine with that.

#25 11 years ago

I saw this listing on ebay last night. I laughed and I moved on....

#26 11 years ago

you'll have to find a much better example... c'mon...

#27 11 years ago

I swore I saw GAP selling a fully modded (and restored) TZ on ebay for like $12k, and I thought that was a little crazy. $19k basically says "I like wasting my time making ebay ads, I really need a hobby besides ripping people off"

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you'll have to find a much better example... c'mon...

Um I was just making a goof, please relax

"That being said" I was just pointing out that there WERE small batch knockoffs produced, and the knockoff Harlem Globetrotters is the funniest and my favorite.

#29 11 years ago

While there's absolutely nothing we can do about sellers asking pie-in-the-sky prices, the downside is that there are still people out there that have games that use Ebay "asking" prices as the "this is what they're going for" price. I've run into that a bunch of times. I try to explain the difference between asking and selling price but it usually falls on deaf ears. They see a price and automatically assume that's what their game is worth.

It is what it is and we can't change what people ask for their games.

Dave

#30 11 years ago

Its absolutely absurd what these "collectors" are asking and paying for these games now. I'll still sell my stuff reasonable and I don't care about current market values.

PS my Striker extreme fs in Ny for 5k plus shipping hurry it won't last at this price. Be smart guys and jump on this I know you can all recognize the great deal I'm willing to losr money for the better of the community.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I personally think Twighlight Zone is worth $1,500 . That's what I'd be willing to pay for one , If one never comes to me at that price I'll never own and I'm fine with that.

If you come across one that is out of your price range at $1,600 - PLEASE let me know.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

If you come across one that is out of your price range at $1,600 - PLEASE let me know.

Sure , no problem , as you said that would be out of my price range .

#33 11 years ago

Wish it was closer.

It will be worth $10K by Christmas.

L@@K.

I think I covered them all.

LTG : )

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wish it was closer.
It will be worth $10K by Christmas.
L@@K.
I think I covered them all.
LTG : )

No, 20k by Christmas Lloyd.

On a more serious note my TZ is now for sale. Only 18k.

#35 11 years ago

Take a zero off that price and I'll let Eryeal know about it , He'd probally buy it .

#36 11 years ago

Lets tone down the anti TZ rhetoric right meow as we all know its an 8k game.....

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lets tone down the anti TZ rhetoric right meow as we all know its an 8k game.....

Yeah Sorry , but don't worry nobody takes my advice on game prices serious here . If they did everyone would be paying $100,000 for Star Trek The Next Generation.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah Sorry , but don't worry nobody takes my advice on game prices serious here .

Oh, good, I was just packing up TZ for you for 1.5k, you dont want it then?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, good, I was just packing up TZ for you for 1.5k, you dont want it then?

Hmm , I don't know . That is a good price , I wish you were closer .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-this-is-what-its-coming-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.