(Topic ID: 203372)

So there are 600+ people on pinside right now

By ypurchn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5621 (resized).PNG
    visitors (resized).png
    A94853AA-56E4-4AA8-B635-36BE06CCDE3C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I'm doubtful of the 600 part..

600 Pinsiders and 150 guests online600 Pinsiders and 150 guests online

Just to clarify the numbers in these boxes:

The "Pinsiders Online" online counter indicates the number of different Pinsiders we've seen interact with the site in the past 20 minutes. So in this case, technically there were not 600 people sitting behind a monitor looking at Pinside at that instant. They did, however, load a page from Pinside in the past 20 minutes. They may well be reading a thread, or soldering a wire, or playing pinball

Next to this blue box, there is also a yellow box indicating guests. These are unique browsers visiting Pinside without being logged in. Lots of these come in via a Google search as they are directed to, for example, to a technical thread.

And then there's search engines "spidering" the site, but these are not displayed.

So that's what the numbers mean.

Oh, and I'm jealous of all those basements in the US! Where I live, I have to make due with a log cabin in my garden.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-there-are-600-people-on-pinside-right-now?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.