(Topic ID: 54188)

So, the wife has put her foot down hard...

By 72Devilz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TZBen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0033.JPG
th-3.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

It has been about a month and my wife has been playing the iOS version of Pinball Arcade. She has bought both seasons and plays at least an hour a day. Last week she told me that she didn't want me buying crap anymore, confused I asked her to clarify herself and she said she didn't want me buying any more "project machines" just so I have something to work on. I asked her what she would want to add to the game room next and she said of all the games she played at PAGG and on Pinball Arcade she is determined that we get at least one of the following machines by the New Year in order of her favorites. And her list is #1 Creature from the Black Lagoon, #2 AFM and #3 TOTAN. I can not argue with her list although I'd probably swap Creature and TOTAN then again I will go with her wish list since she is on board with the going prices for a good players machine. I know, I got it rough. Hopefully we can find a good players machine preferably from a fellow Pinsider in the months to come.

The hunt begins!

#2 10 years ago

And where are you located?

I've got a CFTBL here in Michigan...

#3 10 years ago

Happy wife,happy life......

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Happy wife,happy life......

Agreed!

I just bought an A13 because it is my wife's favorite. You know what, even with the 13 ball gimmick, this is a fun damn game.

#5 10 years ago

Of the three AFM is the best. CFTBL is the easiest to find. Good luck finding a TOTAN.

#6 10 years ago

Married 25 years.Wife loves pins.She will love AFM.Trust me.Sorry about the bank account though.

#7 10 years ago

Word. That's a hefty bill. But if you have the go ahead enjoy your quest.

#8 10 years ago

Well it could be worse! Personally I enjoy the thrill of the hunt
and restoration of project pins. Hopefully you can sneak out while
wifee is playing her 'new' pin and bag 2 or 3 projects. Good luck!
Steve

#9 10 years ago

th-3.jpegth-3.jpeg

#11 10 years ago

A wife who wants you to buy pins? Wow...

#12 10 years ago

My better half actually ordered our WOZ.

She is a keeper. IMHO

#13 10 years ago

I must say that mine is, too, but not for this reason!

#14 10 years ago

=)

She is a keeper for so many reasons. I was refering to his wife.

#15 10 years ago

How fortunate to have a wife that actually has a list of games SHE wants.

#16 10 years ago

I was surprised that the wife fully accepted my first pin purchase two weeks ago as an early Father's Day gift. She's not into pinball, but she fully understands my disease. It's our 26 year anniversary next month.

#17 10 years ago

Mine threatens divorce every time I bring a pin home....wait until she sees my METLE come in!! LOL! Anyone have a couch?

#18 10 years ago

she is determined that we get at least one of the following machines by the New Year in order of her favorites. And her list is #1 Creature from the Black Lagoon

She is a smart girl. I think CFTBL would fit in nice with your collection.

100_0033.JPG100_0033.JPG

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Of the three AFM is the best. CFTBL is the easiest to find. Good luck finding a TOTAN.

We played about 40 games on AFM at PAGG last month, absolutely loved it but the sticker shock is a hard one to swallow! Creature is a hoot and since its the cheapest of the bunch and at the top of her list I'm thinking that it will be the one we hunt first. I'm just stoked that she is taking the initiative on this because I'm tired of convincing her that each project is worth the money spent. Heck I never would have dreamed of trying to convince her that we should buy a Creature machine, this is a win win in my book! I'm in central California in the event anybody in the state wants to sell a players condition machine.

#20 10 years ago

My wife was the driving force behind out MM acquisition in 2010, when they were still affordable.

Gotta love 'em

#21 10 years ago

In appreciation, you should get her all three games.

#22 10 years ago

When I mentioned to my wife that Jersey Jack was going to be at the 2012 Texas Pinball Festival to talk about his upcoming WOZ pin, she said "I want to hear about that; let's go." We went and Jack spent several minutes with us discussing the game. Then we went to his presentation and he met with us again after. Monday morning I was on the phone with Jen ordering our WOZ ECLE. What a great feeling to have her as enthusiastic about a game as I am! When I told her The Hobbit was next, she was all for it. If this is a dream, please don't wake me.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

My wife was the driving force behind out MM acquisition in 2010, when they were still affordable.
Gotta love 'em

Less than one year ago I thought MM was an overpriced machine with a bad theme that couldn't possibly be worth the money. Then I played it at PHOF for the first time last October. I was one game in when I told my husband I was in love. It is now in our basement and is never ever leaving.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

I can not argue with her list although I'd probably swap Creature and TOTAN

TOTAN > AFM > Creature
Find a nice TOTAN ! Won't happen overnight.
Sounds like you were able to tactfully help her distinguish between her wanting a title (which is good news), and you having a nice $600 project to work on for your own pleasure. Both ideas can co-exist...
-mof

#25 10 years ago

I bet she would like AFM the best. Most chicks that come to my place seem to gravitate to that eventually.

#26 10 years ago

My wife told me today she wouldn't mind if I bought a Roadshow...seems she used to play it a lot in visual pinball after I had gone to bed many years ago!

#27 10 years ago

Heh. And here I was ready to say "you thought you said 'I do' but you really said 'I'm done'" She's a keeper.

#28 10 years ago

Aw just get a new Stern delivered with a great big bow around it. Your wife deserves the NIB experience!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Less than one year ago I thought MM was an overpriced machine with a bad theme that couldn't possibly be worth the money. Then I played it at PHOF for the first time last October. I was one game in when I told my husband I was in love. It is now in our basement and is never ever leaving.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

Gotta love 'em

My wife also loves MM even though she's not that big of a pin person. Will have to wait for a miracle find though.

#30 10 years ago

my wife likes ferrari's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 36.95
$ 21.50
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-the-wife-has-put-her-foot-down-hard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.