New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272181)

So the police tackled a heroin dealer and broke my fence today!

By Loganpinball

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Bruce_Pickle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BEFAB097-8362-43A8-9C1F-96C708E1739D (resized).jpeg
    07EF6CC5-067B-40F8-B543-B3DC7F0075A3 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

I was in my garage today building parts for the machine I am making and I hear alot of noise outside my garage. It seems the police were chasing a heroin dealer through my yard and two sections of my fence paid the price. Seriously wtf. I am very happy that my bullmastiff dog was inside because it would have been a problem for everyone otherwise. If she was mauling the guy I am not sure how that would have ended for her. The group of police in my yard were very polite and they handled everything including the arrest like professionals. I was very happy to see a group of policemen handling themselves in this manner. Shout out to Howell police department. They even had a dpw worker show up in less than a half hour to fix the fencing. I fixed the fence as he showed up. All around what a day. I am very happy no one was hurt. And in these crazy times it was very nice to see police handling themselves this way.

07EF6CC5-067B-40F8-B543-B3DC7F0075A3 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 months ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

I was in my garage today building parts for the machine I am making and I hear alot of noise outside my garage. It seems the police were chasing a heroin dealer through my yard and two sections of my fence paid the price. Seriously wtf. I am very happy that my bullmastiff dog was inside because it would have been a problem for everyone otherwise. If she was mauling the guy I am not sure how that would have ended for her. The group of police in my yard were very polite and they handled everything including the arrest like professionals. I was very happy to see a group of policemen handling themselves in this manner. Shout out to Howell police department. They even had a dpw worker show up in less than a half hour to fix the fencing. I fixed the fence as he showed up. All around what a day. I am very happy no one was hurt. And in these crazy times it was very nice to see police handling themselves this way.
    [quoted image]

Seemed like a clean break! Surprised it didn’t snap apart.
    Glad they fixed it for you, was worried they’d destroy it and shrug it off.

#3 4 months ago

You need a better fence builder.

#4 4 months ago

Small price to pay to get a POS drug dealer off the streets. Way to go police on taking trash to jail and having the fence fixed so fast

#5 4 months ago

You mean you didn't feel "off fenced" by the police brutality on your property and now you just can't function in society like a normal human being anymore.......? Fences have feelings too you know.

John

#6 4 months ago

The other section not pictured had busted panels. I only took a picture of the arrest. This section stood up to the weight, but pulled out several wood screws from the posts. And heres a picture of the at ready position dog in question. Like a fat cop sleeping at the post. 140 pounds of dedicated protection.

BEFAB097-8362-43A8-9C1F-96C708E1739D (resized).jpeg
    #7 4 months ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

Like a fat cop sleeping at the post. 140 pounds of dedicated protection

Lol

#8 4 months ago

Feel bad for the police nowadays, just trying to do their job, lots of their authority taken away by people who have never needed them

#9 4 months ago

You got lucky. About 2 years ago a friend had a cop chase go through the automated gates on his land, and he ended up having to do all the work himself.

He laughs about it now, only because it was like a smokey and the bandit thing, where the crackhead that had stole a truck and busted his gate ended up in a creek on his 100 acres, and the 2 cops in pursuit crashed into each other to avoid going into the creek also.

At the time it happened my friend was pissed. He told the cops they should have shot the SOB long before he ever crashed through his gate.

(all of this took place way out in the country where most everyone has large tracts of land).

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Feel bad for the police nowadays, just trying to do their job, lots of their authority taken away by people who have never needed them

Not just nowadays, but 5 years ago while going to my local 6 Flags they had police there because of problems in the past.

I would talk with some of them and say "hey, you have to be happy here, not much risk".

They would actually say "no, we could be better served elsewhere, it is boring here".

At which point I would tell them "I am personally glad you are here, I for one feel safer, and I hate it that you find being here to be boring".

#11 4 months ago

Looks like it may have gone-down like this:

#12 4 months ago

5 times in my life I have been pulled over for speeding.

Every single time I was as nice and polite as I could be, hoping for a warning.

End result: 4 tickets and 1 warning.

But all 5 times I knew I was in the wrong and the police were just doing their job.

No matter if you speed, do drugs, sell drugs, or whatever, as long as you are polite, know what you were doing was wrong, don't try to run or anything stupid, everything will be fine.

The police are not the bad guys. The people that are speeding and doing whatever are not all bad either, they just need to chill and pay a fine, or do some time for choices they make.

I will continue to speed anytime I think the coast is clear and I can get away with it.

If I get caught I will be as nice as I can and hope for a warning and not a 250.00 ticket.

One thing I will not do is drink and drive, and anyone that knows me knows I have a few Natties.

And I know there are some bad cops out there. They will get caught up with.

But a lot of the time when there is a problem, it just gets worse when someone is not willing to admit they made a mistake, and now they have been caught.

Speeding, drugs, whatever, (I seen it many times on Live PD), anyone that cooperates, they will tell you that what they can charge you a felony for, just be honest, and they will give you a ticket and let you go home.

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Not just nowadays, but 5 years ago while going to my local 6 Flags they had police there because of problems in the past.
    I would talk with some of them and say "hey, you have to be happy here, not much risk".
    They would actually say "no, we could be better served elsewhere, it is boring here".
    At which point I would tell them "I am personally glad you are here, I for one feel safer, and I hate it that you find being here to be boring".

Exactly. Wish more people felt this way instead of how they are feeling and acting today

#14 4 months ago

Reminds me of my favourite COPS episode of Steve on PCP! Skip to 45sec mark.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    PIN-UPS
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 19.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside