(Topic ID: 186413)

So Pinheads.... Which Features/Changes In Pinball Blew Your Mind?!?

By g0nz0

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g0nz0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

How about we get a nice little discussion going!

So Pinheads.... as we all know Pinball has made tremendous changes over the decades. From no flippers, to too many flippers to just enough. From no ramps to ramps galore! From no objectives to so many objectives you get lost in the game. Not to mention all of the technological advancements in all aspects of the machine.

Out of all of the changes that came, which change or changes did you look at and just have one of those "holy s@#t" moments and couldn't believe your eyes or ears? Which ones really made you smile and think "WOW, how did someone ever come up with that idea"!

(It can be game specific or just an overall change in all games).

For myself I would have to say these features really impressed me the most (in no specific order):

1. Creature From The Black Lagoon - "The Hologram".
    Even though some people may look at it and find it cheesy, when I first saw him appear it absolutely blew my mind!

2. The ability to play a mini-game on the backbox/backart.

3. Upper & lower fields.
    I am sure that one is a given but when I first saw a machine with multi-levels I was just in awe!

4. Multi-colored indicator lights.
    I know this sounds silly, but seeing those color changes on the Wizard of Oz is just a beautiful sight. I seriously couldn't believe why it took so long for someone to do that.

Sooooo, what changes impressed you guys the most?

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Love the T2 cannon....love the lane changers to get x2,x3 etc...love physical locks...........Joey

I loved the T2 cannon myself! I always thought it would eventually shatter the glass if I fired it wrong lol.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The price doubling from $3600 during years of record low inflation blew my mind. YMBMV

LOL, oh I can completely agree with you there. It seems like anytime I get interested in something it just always seems to be when the rest of the world gets interested also. I told my wife that I used to see pins on ebay 5-10 years ago for $800 - $2,000 ALL DAY LONG.

Then I finally get to a point in my life to were I can get one and now they are the same price as used cars.

But if people keep paying the insane prices what reason would anyone ever have to lower it right?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Seeing Color DMDs on old games that I had grown used to seeing in red/organge. The first time I saw the animations that I'm used to, now in color, was pretty cool for me.

Yeah I love those now. The color DMD's just bring games to a whole new level!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g0nz0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-pinheads-which-featureschanges-in-pinball-blew-your-mind?tu=g0nz0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.