(Topic ID: 49639)

So once again I get two ban votes for calling out a racist *CLOSED* :)

By AkumaZeto

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should I be punished for calling out a racist on this site!”

• yes 38 votes
      30%
    • no 89 votes
      70%

(127 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    7-figure-code.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    howto-6-figures.jpg
    woody-allen-ogling-scarlett-johanssons.jpg
    mybackyard.jpg
    storm.gif
    Double_Facepalm.jpg
    Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif
    images.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

And no pm as to why i got votes. How wonderful a site this is. So if i get banned pinside know its becasue i called out a racist biggot homophobe. Man up mods and post why i got the votes for calling out a POS scum bag.

Post edited by robin : Starting threads with ALL CAPS TITLES is not appreciated as it is considered yelling.

#2 10 years ago

It's because you started a thread attacking another individual as opposed to using PM to contact a mod.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

It's because you started a thread attacking another individual as opposed to using PM to contact a mod.

I sure did. According to the site rules if i where to be scammed out of thousands of dollars i could not publicly out cry and attack my scammer either. LOVELY!

According to Robin every time a ban vote is cast the mod issuing the vote is supposed to contact you and give you a detailed reason why. This has happened before and no pm sent.

#4 10 years ago

Just curious. How do you know you got two ban votes?

#5 10 years ago

Grow up and move on. No need to start another thread about this nonsense.

#6 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that, AkumaZeto. Your contributions to this site are many and appreciated.

Not sure what's up with the mods. The minute people like you start getting banned is the beginning of the end of this community, IMHO. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Grow up and move on. No need to start another thread about this nonsense.

NO WAY WISE_GUY IS A RACIST! I push the envelope in everything that I do. If someone smells like a pos I will expose them for one as to alert others. What good does pming a mod do if others cant be warned.

Pinside should be a democracy. Its our community after all. Put it to the jury of my peers on pinside. If they feel i should be banned then i will take my vacation in silence.

#8 10 years ago

I think you should just realize this is Pinside and nobody from the real world gives a shit !!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

gives a shit !!

hey ohhhhh you ever find that jug ct is still sold out!

#10 10 years ago

I don't normally chime in on things like this but I hate bigoted morons. I don't think akumas original thread wasn't meant to "attack" a fellow pinsider but to call out something he noticed as being wrong after contacting mods. If I remember the original thread it wasn't an attack by him other than calling him a racist which isn't false.

No need for ban votes.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

NO WAY WISE_GUY IS A RACIST! I push the envelope in everything that I do. If someone smells like a pos I will expose them for one as to alert others. What good does pming a mod do if others cant be warned.
    Pinside should be a democracy. Its our community after all. Put it to the jury of my peers on pinside. If they feel i should be banned then i will take my vacation in silence.

I'm not sure starting this thread is gonna help matters.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

hey ohhhhh you ever find that jug ct is still sold out!

I have one that is bigger than a 310 .

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm not sure starting this thread is gonna help matters.

It will call the sysop out is what it will do. That way if i get banned all of pinside will know its because i have these things called morals and values and they PINSIDE will protect a racist!

Quoted from McCune:

I have one that is bigger than a 310 .

Power valve?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

No need for ban votes.

Classic !

#15 10 years ago

Nothing like punishing a whistle blower!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #17 10 years ago

No

#18 10 years ago

It seems obvious to me that some of the mods here are taking this "personal attack" thing too far, and are interpreting that term very broadly. Too broadly, as shown in this thread.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just curious. How do you know you got two ban votes?

Seriously, I'm curious. I've looked it up on Pinside and can't find the answer. Do you get notified via email?

#20 10 years ago

This should calm everyone down

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Seriously, I'm curious. I've looked it up on Pinside and can't find the answer. Do you get notified via email?

I have a red 2 next to my name that only i can see. That means two mods decided i should get a ban vote but could not man up and pm me like RObin has stated they should.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Whats funny is these votes showed up in the last 10 minutes and still no pm for me at all! Whats going to happen is a mod will come here spurt off a few sentences and lock the thread so others cant offer there opinion on the rules.

It's already gone this far I guess they aren't watching right now.

#23 10 years ago

I remember that Robin has made it clear that ALL ban votes from Mods are supposed to come with a pm/email telling you exactly which post earned you the vote and what the violation was. It would be hard to correct ones ways if you are not told how you offended.

I agree that Ben does not deserve any ban votes on this issue and mods should probably take a step back from the cliff and reevaluate Ben's thread. He was bringing to the attention of the mods that there was a member spouting VERY offensive and racist comments publicly (it appears that member has currently gotten a 1 week suspension). I did not read his thread as being a personal attack so much as a call to the attention of the mods.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

We have the right to know when there is a potential violent bigot in are midst. What would happen if a pinsider went over to his house and got the shit kicked out of them by a mob of homophobes becasue pinside was not alerted of his thoughts.

Hmmmm... Now you're losing me.

The guy was a toolbag, a homophobe, a braggart, and quasi racist, but I didn't read anything from him indicating he was violent. He didn't make threats or use racial slurs.

Granted, I'm not defending him. If it was up to me, the perma ban hammer would have been used on him. Still, no one's going to anyone's home to beat anyone up. I agree that you shouldn't have gotten the ban votes and I voted accordingly on your poll.

I don't think this thread will end well.

#25 10 years ago

sorry akuma... maybe if i hadn't responded to his first post he just would have gone away...

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The guy was a toolbag, a homophobe, a braggart, and quasi racist, but I didn't read anything from him indicating he was violent. He didn't make threats or use racial slurs.

Its a hypothetical. I could pull out my DSM and link Violence to his current and past points of view if i really wanted.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I remember that Robin has made it clear that ALL ban votes from Mods are supposed to come with a pm/email telling you exactly which post earned you the vote and what the violation was. It would be hard to correct ones ways if you are not told how you offended.
    I agree that Ben does not deserve any ban votes on this issue and mods should probably take a step back from the cliff and reevaluate Ben's thread. He was bringing to the attention of the mods that there was a member spouting VERY offensive and racist comments publicly (it appears that member has currently gotten a 1 week suspension). I did not read his thread as being a personal attack so much as a call to the attention of the mods.

Exactly.

And the fact that the member in question (WISE_GUY) was actually banned confirms what Ben was saying was correct.

#28 10 years ago

Think about if every issue you had was turned into a public thread. Especially when it comes to calling someone out. It's a terrible way to manage a site. You've gotta use proper channels. I'm guessing no mods even saw his racist crap prior to your thread, they're not super powered beings who see all posts. Someone needs to give them a heads up.

I happen to agree with you 100% about the disgusting comments you were calling out. I'd throw a guest out of my home for spouting off like that, and IMHO it doesn't belong on Pinside.

That said, there are proper ways to deal with it, and a public thread is probably the least helpful. You jam the mods into a hard place when you do that.

I have a ban vote myself, and I didn't get an essay about it, but I know what it was for. Agree or disagree I'm abiding by it. Moderating is a thankless job, I have a ton of experience with it, and you're not really helping yourself here. I say this as someone on your side with the base issue too.

#29 10 years ago

I think the hypothetical is what gets you in trouble.

I agree with you, wise guy and his point of view has no place in a pinball forum. I said so in the original thread when I called him xenophobic. But I think instead of creating a whole thread about him, finding and showing photos of his address (I know this was not you) only fuels his fire and makes things worse. The classy thing to do is tell him without personal attack that he is a racist and his point of view is not welcome, and the either put him on ignore or pm a moderator and let them know.

Face it, we are not going to change anyone's mind on an internet forum about race relations, religion, government, etc. Its fine to voice your opinion and tell them how reprehensible they are but keeping it classy will always make you look like the better person.

#30 10 years ago

I understand but i think the users have a right to know that the system is flawed! Might not help my case but it will bring to lite some of the cowardice that goes on behind the scene.

Pinside wont even allow a bad seller vendor list like every other forum on the net.

If someone is a vocal racist or homophobe on pinside, I think users should be alerted just like we are alerted when a pedderass moves into the neighborhood.

#31 10 years ago

Problem Jim?

#32 10 years ago

Nothing against you AkumaZeto but your thread was only stirring shit. No need for it here on Pinside. That kind of stuff was exactly why I left RGP.

Pappy

#33 10 years ago

Is there an easy way for mods to audit thumbs down and try to use that as a "red flag" to help weed out idiots? Obviously not all people getting thumbs down deserve a ban, but when someone has a bunch of em, they might need to be moderated.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Nothing against you AkumaZeto but your thread was only stirring shit. No need for it here on Pinside. That kind of stuff was exactly why I left RGP

This is not rgp we have the right to kick pos people out or we should.

#35 10 years ago

This site needs some serious work in the moderator department. Has for a while

#36 10 years ago

just curious>> do ban votes expire over time?

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

just curious>> do ban votes expire over time?

2 months

#38 10 years ago

I don't think your allowed to use all capital letters on your post.
    I got in trouble over that. Better edit post title.

#39 10 years ago

Something seriously needs to be done about policy around here. Either change the ban system or refresh the mods.

#40 10 years ago

wow! So get 3 votes and you get a 1 week suspension, but ban votes stay for 2 months? seems it would push many to just try for the third ban vote I would think?

#41 10 years ago

Time out. Everyone go play pinball now.
    Hug someone you love and if possible.give your spouse,partner a pickle tickle. We will all feel better.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

finding and showing photos of his address

Let me clarify something, the information I posted was based on data from the picture wise_guy posted of "his" house. I used the data from the picture to locate "his" house on google maps (something any tech could do) and it does appear to be the same house. But he insinuated he took the picture last night when the picture was taken 8 months ago. Draw your own conclusions from that data.

Second point is if you want to be an internet "tough guy" and spout racist comments and hate anonymously you're fair game for being identified. Wise_guy deserves no protection from spreading hatred. I personally don't think it is his house and probably should have posted that in the original thread. I would have this morning but it was locked.

#43 10 years ago

There's a loophole in the system right there ... good spot.

Quoted from Whysnow:

wow! So get 3 votes and you get a 1 week suspension, but ban votes stay for 2 months? seems it would push many to just try for the third ban vote I would think?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #45 10 years ago

Hey! Where'd you get the pic of the breezeway at my house? That shot is 6 months old and the floor has since been replaced with teakwood, I've also added a few more pinballs too.

Quoted from Nilroc:

Here's a deal! I'm not sure it comes with the girl though.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

I agree. It's just not worth it. Take your mind off it and go buy a new machine to add to your collection!
    Here's a deal! I'm not sure it comes with the girl though.

Should I be ashamed that I noticed the machine isn't plugged in and she's operating the flipper buttons with her pinkies? That's sad that my brain even had a chance to see that.

#47 10 years ago

images.jpgimages.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Or Gofers

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Should I be ashamed that I noticed the machine isn't plugged in and she's operating the flipper buttons with her pinkies? That's sad that my brain even had a chance to see that.

What machine?

#50 10 years ago

I would be stunned if this thread didn't get locked as well. I'm not saying it deserves it, I'm just saying I think it will accompany your third vacation vote.

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-once-again-i-get-two-ban-votes-for-calling-out-a-racist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.