(Topic ID: 71413)

So now that Star Trek is not living up to sales, will Stern Stall on Code?

By Pinball-Wiz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-7.jpeg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

You can get a pretty good idea for how sales are going by looking at the owners lists on Pinside. You have to factor in how long the game has been out and then a comparison can be made with other titles.

Sales are going to be down because there are a lot of choices for buyers. Also, with MMr having just been announced not very long ago, surely that has taken a lot of the money away that Stern would have had a chance to get a good portion. Even if a game does not sell well as compared to other titles that does not mean it is not a good game.

#52 5 years ago

I want to know how soon people anticipate the LEs being sold out.
Of course, we may have to change the title of this thread...
: )

#53 5 years ago

There are probably a lot of hard core Trekies that buy these and put them with their Star Trek collection that never otherwise have anything to do with pinball.

#54 5 years ago

I would bet these will sell out, but not for a while. Stern left money on the table with MET LE and doubled their LEs due to market demand. However with a price increase and double the amount, this lost some buyers. I think the game is awesome and when people play it they will get back the ones they lost.

I am really happy that people have the opportunity to PLAY the game before pulling the trigger. Its the way it should be.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I played a Pro and while fun, did not convince me to buy especially a theme I was really looking forward to. Dots were disappointing and playfield artwork just didn't work for me. Sounds were cool. Maybe code update will fix much but right now I'm sitting on outside looking in. LE lighting looks cool, but not enough for me right now. I don't buy XMas trees because of the lighting.
That being said, I heard LEs were selling great. Even when on pinside people started doubting early on, I heard from a few disti's that LE's were nearly all sold out. I think the title is selling great on SR name alone, theme, and reported light show. The Pro was fun but at this point not same level as AC/DC. At this point.

can yu compare a 2 yr old game to one just released? one that has matured vs one that is still in its infancy

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

can yu compare a 2 yr old game to one just released? one that has matured vs one that is still in its infancy

I can compare an apple to an orange if you really wanted me to. Seriously though, I caveated my answer with "at this point". I sincerely hope ST code receives the revisions to evolve and mature this game. I may be a future buyer.

But right now - I can compare AC/DC when it came out to ST - dot matrix work (will not get a full makeover), playfield artwork/design (will not change), toys (will not change) - only the code will. And I'm hopeful. But compared to AC/DC at same point when it came out - AC/DC was a bit ahead. BTW...I sat on the sidelines for AC/DC too until code completed then I bought one from a friend. Not a fanboy just being honest in my assessment.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My distributor said ST was selling big time.

Of course he did...

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would bet these will sell out, but not for a while. Stern left money on the table with MET LE and doubled their LEs due to market demand. However with a price increase and double the amount, this lost some buyers. I think the game is awesome and when people play it they will get back the ones they lost.
I am really happy that people have the opportunity to PLAY the game before pulling the trigger. Its the way it should be.

If stern decides to 'cop out' on code for preliminary lacking sales, that would set a whole new lowered bar for them.

I mean, get customized McCoy voice acting ( cool!) but then leave code as is, (assuming it's not there yet?)
May be a shortsighted move.

#59 5 years ago

What a troll of a post.

1 week later
#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I had this conversation last night while playing some pinball with other pinheads, and a few came to the conclusion that Star Trek Sales have not been all that good, and this means that Stern will not push the resources to progress the code as is could/should be pushed to perfection

Have your friends reached a different conclusion this week?

images-7.jpeg
#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Have your friends reached a different conclusion this week?

images-7.jpeg 11 KB

I think his friends are too busy playing STLE.

#62 5 years ago

Question should be, will they make a Premium still?

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I can compare an apple to an orange if you really wanted me to. Seriously though, I caveated my answer with "at this point". I sincerely hope ST code receives the revisions to evolve and mature this game. I may be a future buyer.
But right now - I can compare AC/DC when it came out to ST - dot matrix work (will not get a full makeover), playfield artwork/design (will not change), toys (will not change) - only the code will. And I'm hopeful. But compared to AC/DC at same point when it came out - AC/DC was a bit ahead. BTW...I sat on the sidelines for AC/DC too until code completed then I bought one from a friend. Not a fanboy just being honest in my assessment.

ACDC is great, My favorite game ever but it took a few updates to get there. ST is better at this point then ACDC was at the point the LE's shipped.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Stern made The Avengers premium, so I'm pretty sure there'll be a ST premium made.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

With Zoe Saldana crawling along the side of the cabinet in a scant version of her Uhura outfit, similar to AC/DC Luci, I'm in !

LTG : )

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

ACDC is great, My favorite game ever but it took a few updates to get there. ST is better at this point then ACDC was at the point the LE's shipped.

When you have three of the biggest, most ardent AC/DC fans (you, me, and McCune) all agreeing with this statement, well....there might be something to it.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When you have three of the biggest, most ardent AC/DC fans (you, me, and McCune) all agreeing with this statement, well....there might be something to it.

No Doubt huh? I didnt buy STLE expecting it to be better then ACDC, I wouldnt wanna put that kind of expectation on any pin. I do enjoy ST quite a bit & hope the game code team comes up with some great stuff & the custom speech just all come together. All that being said I have a hard time seeing it give you the kinda rush that ACDC gives. Just not as much risk/reward but still a very fun pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside