Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

broke.jpg
    don-quixote.gif
    eating-crow.png
    There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

With all these epic announcements and games being made by so many different manufacturers, I was thinking now is a great time for PPS to tell the world what game will be after MMR. This might help buyers allocate funds for what they might want most.

Just a thought.

I think we will be seeing monster announcements all over the board this year.

#2 10 years ago

my money is on Mousin' Around LE

#3 10 years ago

No. They should wait until after production starts so people don't cancel. These other guys are idiots and risk losing deposits from one game to another.

#4 10 years ago

They don't need to take deposits, just confirm in fact what title will be made next.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No. They should wait until after production starts so people don't cancel. These other guys are idiots and risk losing deposits from one game to another.

#5 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon deserves a reboot!!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

They don't need to take deposits, just confirm in fact what title will be made next.

Either way people might cancel a mmr deposit or th deposit and save money for the next big game. Bad business decision imo

#7 10 years ago

If they announce AFM I'm just going to double down.

#8 10 years ago

jeez ... we are already epic for this year! lol (MM is debatably the #1 game of all ... and MMR builds on top of that ...), so people should have money as not too many new games are out there ... also i'd probably see if we can give some interesting perks around game #2-#N to people for people who got a game #1 ... of course this is all hypothetical ... we will focus on the current game, and when that is all in hand then we can mess around with all of you on games #2-#N ...

#9 10 years ago

do I hear a poll coming ???

#10 10 years ago

Getaway...

#11 10 years ago

No they shouldn't. There are far to many "announcements" going on, and not near enough output (if at all). Everybody is in a hurry to announce the "next big thing", meanwhile producing the "last big thing" slows to a crawl and falls by the wayside, leaving hundreds, if not thousands of people disgruntled.

#12 10 years ago

The new and improved Cactus Canyon. No brainer. No poll needed

#13 10 years ago

Oh no please... no more of this!
    You haven't seen game #1 and already asking for #2?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

well, there's no arguing the fact that it's huge in the "rarity" department, but the gameplay / art / theme isn't top-5 material in my opinion. sure, they could complete the code (or implement CCC's work or whatever) but I think there are still a handful of better games available to them. just my opinion of course!

#15 10 years ago

I thought game two was already widely known...I guess not. I think it's pretty obvious though. However, I don't think at $8K it will sell well.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

However, I don't think at $8K it will sell well.

eating-crow.pngeating-crow.png
    #17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

^This^ with enhanced code (I'm in!)

#18 10 years ago

Id bank on AFM being next.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

jeez ... we are already epic for this year! lol (MM is debatably the #1 game of all ... and MMR builds on top of that ...), so people should have money as not too many new games are out there ... also i'd probably see if we can give some interesting perks around game #2-#N to people for people who got a game #1 ... of course this is all hypothetical ... we will focus on the current game, and when that is all in hand then we can mess around with all of you on games #2-#N ...

Theme will take precedence in most cases, but some 'perks' may get a buyer to spend their money with one company versus another. The competition is only going to increase for dollars in the hobby that isn't growing as fast as the number of companies producing pins, so the companies will need to differentiate themselves.

I think Stern may take the biggest hit down the road as more and more companies produce pinball machines as that is their core business. Jack (not JJP) & PPS have other arms of their businesses. The boutique guys are more than likely not as heavily invested/relying on selling pins for their livlihood.

I'm down with the possible PPS perks as I'm a charter MMr member.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

eating-crow.png 31 KB

I'll be happy to eat some crow if the current state of the hobby can support selling a game for $8K, in quantities to make it worth it, that's currently available in collector quality condition, in the $6K range.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Oh no please... no more of this! You haven't seen game #1 and already asking for #2?

We have to get out of the "we only have 1 pinball mfg" mentality. With more and more companies producing pins, they can't wait until every i is dotted and every t is crossed to announce what they are planning. Our beloved hobby can only support so many NIB pins right now. There's only 1 pie.

BTW, we have seen game #1, granted not in our houses yet.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

'll be happy to eat some crow if the current state of the hobby can support selling a game for $8K, in quantities to make it worth it, that's currently available in collector quality condition, in the $6K range.

Hmm.....FH? FT? Not many other highly desirable, non-licensed games out there that sell for $6k in CQ condition.

What could it be......?

#23 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon with updated software!

#24 10 years ago

Varkon

#25 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon + Cactus Canyon Continued alternate rules. Epthegeek would get a part of the proceeds for his efforts. There should be a way to run P-ROC code on the Beagleboard. Just give the buyer the option of installing CCC to the micro SD card when he gets his game as opposed to the stock ruleset from the factory. This should please Williams as well.

#26 10 years ago

My question is... how many games can Rick possibly make that will turn a profit? MMr sold out in an hour (give or take) but that is due to MM selling for 10k plus so the 8k price tag had them going out the door. How many other games sell at 8k+ (TOTN, CC and????)? Unless the remakes are far superior and offer something that is a most have I wouldn't be prone to spend 8k on a new machine if I can get a used one in excellent condition for 7k or less.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

we will focus on the current game, and when that is all in hand then we can mess around with all of you on games #2-#N ...

So I'm able to plan my pinball buying for the next several years, can you please list all games that you'll be making, in order, from #2 to our hypothetical end point N? This will allow me to decide, years in advance, which games I will want to buy and which ones I'll pass on.

You know I'm just messing with you but am excited by the fact that you're seeing 2 to N, where N is some number larger than 2, games being remade in the future.

Dave

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

So I'm able to plan my pinball buying for the next several years, can you please list all games that you'll be making, in order, from #2 to our hypothetical end point N? This will allow me to decide, years in advance, which games I will want to buy and which ones I'll pass on.
    You know I'm just messing with you but am excited by the fact that you're seeing 2 to N, where N is some number larger than 2, games being remade in the future.
    Dave

If i thought CC was the next PPS game I would wait for it, but since i dont know i may go ahead and buy AC/DC Luci. The problem is that i am running out of room and cash

#29 10 years ago

They need to at least announce an upcoming announcement. We'll be out of topics by Friday if they don't.

#30 10 years ago

I hope they wait to announce it. We need more suspense and drama on this site.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

do I hear a poll coming ???

That's what SHE said!

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That's what SHE said!

"Poll"!, not pole.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

With all these epic announcements and games being made by so many different manufacturers, I was thinking now is a great time for PPS to tell the world what game will be after MMR. This might help buyers allocate funds for what they might want most.
    Just a thought.
    I think we will be seeing monster announcements all over the board this year.

Pump the brakes son.

#34 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon has me in!

#35 10 years ago

WMS Rocket bulb scoring game would be my partners choice for game #2 lol ...

#36 10 years ago

It would be simply foolish to not redo Hardbody. Id buy 2.

#38 10 years ago

Black Knight 3000 porfavor.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Oh no please... no more of this!
    You haven't seen game #1 and already asking for #2?

Not only that but no one has actually even paid for game #1 yet! I'm sure PPS wants to see how many people actually buy MMR before thinking about another possible title.

Sending in a grand that is fully refundable isn't much of a commitment… what happens when the $7000 NON REFUNDABLE balance is due????

#40 10 years ago

Time for another announcement of the pre-announcement announcement, it seems.

#41 10 years ago

Monster bash please

#42 10 years ago

Likely releases if they keep doing more pins:

1. MM
    2. AFM
    3. CCC
    ____________ Lesser possibility:
    4. Monster Bash

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Likely releases if they keep doing more pins:
    1. MM
    2. AFM
    3. CCC
    ____________ Lesser possibility:
    4. Monster Bash

CCC?

I know its insanely priced in the market, but I always attributed that to rarity, not the quality of its gameplay.

IMO, its a fun game to play once in a while, but if it were in wide availability, i think its popularity would plummet.

Edit: hmmm, I guess Im talking about CC.... so CCC? maybe thats the game changer.... Id still put MB far above it.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

CCC?
    I know its insanely priced in the market, but I always attributed that to rarity, not the quality of its gameplay.
    IMO, its a fun game to play once in a while, but if it were in wide availability, i think its popularity would plummet.
    Edit: hmmm, I guess Im talking about CC.... so CCC? maybe thats the game changer.... Id still put MB far above it.

What you put above what is inconsequential. As many have stated before it's a licensing issue with mb.

They surely wouldn't wouldn't make afm after mm as mm is basically afm 2.0, is theme really a deal breaker here for people?

Cc(c), cv, original original theme. If the first pin or two are successful from a build and code point of view and delivery times are reasonable there's no reason why they can't do a teen zombie whores sorority haunted house.

#45 10 years ago

I've never heard that AFM is MM V2 ... that's a bit of a stretch ...

#46 10 years ago

I'd be in on AFM, CC, or MB in a heartbeat.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

I've never heard that AFM is MM V2 ... that's a bit of a stretch ...

AFM is not MM V2. AFM is The Shadow V2, and MM is The Shadow V3

#48 10 years ago

MB or AFM...I'm IN!

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

also i'd probably see if we can give some interesting perks around game #2-#N to people for people who got a game #1 ... of course this is all hypothetical

I didn't choose to reserve a specific # for MMRLE, but I'm sure I'll also be buying whatever the next title is. A nice perk would be giving repeat customers the same # from MMRLE on title 2 at no cost. Our personal info would already be in the billing system so it hopefully would be fairly simple to do this.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

my money is on Mousin' Around LE

I would buy a brand new Mousin' Around for $3,000.

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-now-is-it-time-for-pps-to-announce-game-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.