• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smiley_dracula.gif
transform_bat.gif
#1 11 years ago

My pinaffliction just caused me to buy a SS for 3K. the game looks real good and is bone-complete. There is fading on the cab and i was told there is a lady around here that can retouch pins. I played a SS at the RMPS last year and the the machine was hot-looking! I think I remember green-painted legs, bar, and side rails. It had led's out the yin-yang! That's what I'd like mine to look like, eventually. But first I have questions about some problems it has and some other tips.

The spider hole won't launch the ball so it will stay on the ramp. The spider on the backboard won't turn. Does anyone know what I can do to get these couple features working?

Also, how in heck do I clean the boney beast with it's numerous vertebrae?

#3 11 years ago

Congrats. SS is a cool pin.

I had both those problems when I bought mine.

For the ramp. Spider hole should kick out straight uP and go through a flap. That flap can ily go up. Not down so it should stay on the ramp after passing the flap. For me I just had to move the bracket holding the flap forward a so the flap rested on the ramp

For the spider. On my machin the sPider was slipping a bit. When that happens the game turns it off and instead uses the lights. You may just need to tighten the spider. Run the test in the menu to see what happens.

Also recommend getting a few of the mods. The skull pile led eyes are a must. Also get the led candles for the skull pile. And don't forget your dancing boogie men

#4 11 years ago

...and super-cool Gory Eyeball Plunger!

#5 11 years ago

Sounds like a good buy. You should be able to get it up and running in no time. Good luck!

#6 11 years ago

Not a bad deal for a SS. Congrats!

#7 11 years ago

Solid price for a top 10 game no matter what condition.
Enjoy!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

Also, how in heck do I clean the boney beast with it's numerous vertebrae?

They are just held on with pressure DR. You can spread each one enough to unhinge the groove and remove it... Simple!

Congrats on the pickup though, just give her some good TLC and she'll reward you with multiple jackpots!

#9 11 years ago

...and then some!

#10 11 years ago

Great score!!! If the motor isn't spinning on your spider, you may need a new steppermotor board. You can find it here:
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/spl_kit.html

As far as your ramp, you may have to CAREFULLY bend the ramp up towards you a hair.

Goodluck,
Dale

#11 11 years ago

I'm sure you'll work it out!

transform_bat.giftransform_bat.gif

#12 11 years ago

Are you sure your beast bones aren't painted? You shouldn't have to clean those bones at all, really.

#13 11 years ago

The Spider not spinning could be due to poor connectors, bad motor, and/or the stepper board. Also, double check that it wasn't turned off via the settings menu. Great pin, congrats.

#14 11 years ago

Congrats dirtrider! I'm sure you'll be causing Elvira to have multiple jackpots in no time!

#15 11 years ago

I knew you'd be back.....

smiley_dracula.gifsmiley_dracula.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
£ 49.00
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 249.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-now-i-have-a-scared-stiff-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.