(Topic ID: 292021)

So my distributor called and my GNR is in. Do I take it?

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Wondering about PF issues. Should I accept this one or let someone else have it and wait to make sure pfs are ok.

#2 3 years ago

Take it, list in marketplace for 45k obo, sell for 12k and claim the market is crazy high right now.

#3 3 years ago

If you have a problem with the playfield, will the distributor repair it for you?
    Seems like that should be the question that you get answered in writing, if it was me.
    Perhaps there is a warranty that covers that.

#4 3 years ago

You know what's more fun than not having a pinball machine?

Having a pinball machine! I'd say receive it.

#5 3 years ago

Are pf issues still a problem with the newer runs? Any CE owners with issues?

#6 3 years ago

Personally, I'd sell, maybe make a little $$ off the wait I had to endure, and get one you know is going to be perfect down the road.

Just my humble opinion.

Best of luck and congrats!

#7 3 years ago

The safe thing to do would be trade me spots. A couple more months and i bet they are perfect.

#8 3 years ago

Just got my GNR a few weeks ago and there is not a single playfield problem with it. The build date on the back of the machine says April of this year, and I haven't heard any problems from any recent deliveries. In all likelihood you will be fine, but if you do have problems with it, you'll probably have to find them under a magnifying glass.

#9 3 years ago

Got mine last week and the playfield is perfect.

#10 3 years ago

I have a second round GnRLE - playfield is perfect. It's just that first round.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Wondering about PF issues. Should I accept this one or let someone else have it and wait to make sure pfs are ok.

Can you unbox there and inspect? Or is this more of an issue that crops up later?

#12 3 years ago

Playfield issues seem to be have only affected the first batch of games, not hearing anything widespread from games made this year. The latest games also come with clear washers installed on sling posts from the factory.

#13 3 years ago

I don't know why you wouldn't. If the PF sucks just sell it for more than you bought it for and buy another one down the line,.

#14 3 years ago

too much risk, sell me the game instead!!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

too much risk, sell me the game instead!!

He should be nice and just let you have his spot!

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

He should be nice and just let you have his spot!

I mean, I'd take it lol. Don't care about the pooling issues, I'll take the risk on a NIB!!

#17 3 years ago

So he called me to come look at the games for it was flawless. It’s a beautiful game and the more I played it the more of a rush it was.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So he called me to come look at the games for it was flawless. It’s a beautiful game and the more I played it the more of a rush it was.

Awesome. If the game has clear washers installed at the sling posts from the factory then its one of the newer builds. I haven't heard of any reports of pooling / chipping on any GNR built February going forward. Someone in the GNR thread did report of a CE with chipping built in January but who knows when the playfield was made, clear washers were not installed from the factory at sling posts either.

#19 3 years ago

The game is a blast to play. When you get the song started its exciting to try to keep it going.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-my-destroy-called-and-my-gnr-is-in-do-i-take-it?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.