Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by valgalder
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite pinball bar in Chicago?”

• Emporium Logan Square 0 votes
    • Emporium Wicker Park 1 vote
      2%
    • Logan Arcade 40 votes
      80%
    • Headquarters Lakeview 3 votes
      6%
    • Headquarters River North 6 votes
      12%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Sorry if this is a repost, but to my knowledge there are a ton of Barcades in Chicago these days. There are at least 5 in Chicago proper. I'm not living in Chicago these days, so excuse if I forgot a couple... I probably did. Anyway, what is your favorite? I have no horse in this race, though I will say I've been to all except the 2nd Headquarters (River North). I know there are also a few good arcades like Galloping Ghost, but just keeping this poll to barcades. I'm curious what everyone thinks.

#3 9 years ago

Logan Arcade seems to consistently have very good playing machines, which is why it got my vote. Though the couple weeks I was able to go there they had just opened... don't know if they have kept that up. Emporium 1 and Logan both have great beer lists too... though not sure if people are voting based on that. I also went to a fine-dining dinner at Emporium hosted by Buttermilk Bento that made me like them a lot. Something about having a nice dinner in a pinball arcade was very cool and unique.

#5 9 years ago

I expected Headquarters to get some love for the free games... guess not!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I have never been to any of them. Just curious as to the ratio of pins to video games? If there are video games are they new stuff or classics like Defender and Missile Command? Thanks.

Not sure about ratios but all of them have vintage stuff with the exception of Emporium 2, which does not have arcades. It's all table top games and pinball.

#13 9 years ago

Anyone been to Headquarters 2? A quick look at their gamelist made me think it looked identical to their first spot.

#15 9 years ago

Daytime at Headquarters allows for minors I believe.

Edit: and their second location has a full kitchen.

#20 9 years ago

^^^ I was at one by Katz' deli recently... They had TWD and something else (Mustang?)

It was called two bits or 8 bits maybe?

1 month later
    #38 9 years ago

Add a Ball all the way. I really want to go to their new spots... John John's and (_____) I can't remember. Anyone know what the 3rd spot is called?

Little known fact: Brad who co-owns those joints is brothers w/ Jeff who has some pinballs in his shop in LA, Choke.

#43 9 years ago

Ok, new question for this thread: Do you think that the scene in Chicago will be able to support 5 barcades? Is at least one doomed to fold? This is kinda directed to the Chicagoans that frequent these spots and know how full/empty they are on a regular basis. Don't mean to be all doom and gloom. I'm just curious, because if it can happen in Chicago, maybe LA will be next to have 5 barcades.

#47 9 years ago

^^^ Oh wow. I know someone who lives on that corner! I know whose couch I'm crashing on next time I'm in Chicago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-many-chicago-barcades?tu=radrats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.