Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by valgalder
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite pinball bar in Chicago?”

• Emporium Logan Square 0 votes
    • Emporium Wicker Park 1 vote
      2%
    • Logan Arcade 40 votes
      80%
    • Headquarters Lakeview 3 votes
      6%
    • Headquarters River North 6 votes
      12%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago

For me, I won't go to hq on the weekends. Just too many people. Christ they are my games and I won't go. However if you want to meet people and mingle its a good place to go. Logan and emporium have a different crowd for sure. If I just want to play some games and not socialize, Logan is pretty sweet. The games are cheap to play and it leaves them open from people starting a 4 player game and walking away. My take on the bar scene is Logan to play, hq to socialize. Hq during the week is pretty nice however. Again I'm partial.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

In 5 years only 1 or 2 will be left. This is a trend.

I am aware of two others opening soon in Chicago. Idk about the operations of the other bars but some of the ones just don't seem to have the financial backing needed if things slow down. I predict that a few will fold up.

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

You could say this about ANY bar or restaurant in the USA. Some of the highest failure rates in business, regardless of whether or not they have pins or arcade machines.

Ofcourse. They are 99% of the time a horrible investment for long term.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Horrible investments are always the most fun, though!

Investments and women.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

The radio station?

The loop, it's one of the most important parts of the city.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I kid, I kid. I thought Ben was being sarcastic for some reason.
    If you're in The Loop, you can pretty much get to any of them by train with little effort. With Headquarters River North being the closest, you could probably take a cab there inexpensively. Otherwise, it's off of the Chicago Ave stop on the Brown Line (Kimball).
    Train stops from downtown for the others: HQ Lakeview, Diversey stop on the Brown Line (Kimball); Emporium Wicker Park, Damen stop on the Blue Line (O'Hare); Emporium Logan Square & Logan Arcade, California stop on the Blue Line (O'Hare). Alternatively, for Logan Arcade, you can get off at Western on the Blue Line (O'Hare) and it's a 1/2 mile north on Western until you get to Fullerton Ave.

Okay, I wasn't sure, but was totally thinking in my head "is this guy serious?". Given you just provided awesome directions, you clearly know the city. Cheers

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Unfortunately, there's not a single pinball machine in the entire loop that I'm aware of. If somebody knows one, speak up! I need somewhere to burn my quarters during lunch.

Talk your boss into leasing one, I have a few offices that I lease to.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

My son and I caught Headquaters (river north) when it opened friday afternoon got to play many machines but Tron was down with a flipper problem. We had a great time, he went to go with friends this sat night same location there was a line around the block so they left.

Glad you had a good time. Yea the lines at the two locations can get to be a little out of control. Its crazy considering how large the place is both up and down stairs combined. Hopefully they find their way back down there on a night that they don't have a wait to get in. If they are headed down a particular day send me a PM, I'll see if I can get them past the line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-many-chicago-barcades?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.