Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by valgalder
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite pinball bar in Chicago?”

• Emporium Logan Square 0 votes
    • Emporium Wicker Park 1 vote
      2%
    • Logan Arcade 40 votes
      80%
    • Headquarters Lakeview 3 votes
      6%
    • Headquarters River North 6 votes
      12%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Unfortunately, they seem to have raised the prices on most of the newer games, so that's a bit of a bummer.. but overall they keep the games running better than the other locations.

Pricing has always been .50 x1/.75 x2/1.00 x3 on everything alphanumeric and up & .25 a play for solid state and electromechanical games. This is for all of the games that they own. Medieval Madness is a test game and the manufacturer wanted to test it from an actual modern non-barcade operator's stand point ($1.00 a play) to get some data for sales.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is this the Logan hardware location with a kitchen?

They do not have a kitchen but you can order food and have it brought in.

#30 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 9 years ago

I've gotta track down a project Hercules to use as dibs by the next snowstorm.

#42 9 years ago

Choke is a neat place. He had a Stars, Big Indian, and another one when I lived up the block.

Quoted from MrBally:

If only one opened in Bucktown for the Gen-Y crowd....

I think Logan Arcade got swept into Bucktown in the 90's real estate market when Logan Square was not a buzz word.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I am aware of two others opening soon in Chicago. Idk about the operations of the other bars but some of the ones just don't seem to have the financial backing needed if things slow down. I predict that a few will fold up.

This is true. Some of these places are also owned by bar groups or by young folks with money and with other interests. I feel like if the market sours, these will shutter like the themed bars just before them. The Namco one should be fun to watch. I'm not going to worry about it too much, though. While I spend a lot of my time at Logan (fantastic variety everywhere), I go to both HQs (top ten titles for days; games I cannot afford) and both Emporiums (to shake it up a bit). I'm just gonna soak this resurgence up like a fella born in 1979 should. I love it!

#53 9 years ago

Ofcourse. They are 99% of the time a horrible investment for long term.

Horrible investments are always the most fun, though!

#54 9 years ago

Emporium Logan Square is already shying away from their "table edition" idea. They recently hauled in like 20 vids. You wouldn't notice it with all of that space. They should have added like 5 more air hockey tables.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Might be visiting the Loop area in a month or two. Any good Barcades near there? I keep hearing from people how many there are!

The radio station?

#62 9 years ago

The loop, it's one of the most important parts of the city.

I kid, I kid. I thought Ben was being sarcastic for some reason.

If you're in The Loop, you can pretty much get to any of them by train with little effort. With Headquarters River North being the closest, you could probably take a cab there inexpensively. Otherwise, it's off of the Chicago Ave stop on the Brown Line (Kimball).

Train stops from downtown for the others: HQ Lakeview, Diversey stop on the Brown Line (Kimball); Emporium Wicker Park, Damen stop on the Blue Line (O'Hare); Emporium Logan Square & Logan Arcade, California stop on the Blue Line (O'Hare). Alternatively, for Logan Arcade, you can get off at Western on the Blue Line (O'Hare) and it's a 1/2 mile north on Western until you get to Fullerton Ave.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-many-chicago-barcades?tu=barron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.