Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Thought he was doing Star Trek's but heard he is doing Metallica's instead. Last time he paired up with Borg we got Tron. Here is to hoping they can make another hit.

#2 11 years ago

Actually- Tron was started by another guy (forget the name)...and it wasn't working out...so Lonnie & Lyman teamed up to salvage it. Not bad for a fix-it scenario!

#3 11 years ago

This is futile! Lyman must do Star Trek!!!

#4 11 years ago

Lyman is the KING OF ROCK!!!!!!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Sounds like that will be Lonnie or Waison.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Yes! I will only be interested if it is Steve and Lyman which I believe will happen.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Sounds like that will be Ronnie or Waison.

And millions of voices cried out in terror...

#8 11 years ago

If true, there is now a zero percent chance that I will pre-order Star Trek.

...and who is "Ronnie"?

I always enjoy your posts BoJo, but I'd like to know the source of this rumor.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and who is "Ronnie"?

I was wondering the same thing.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Say it ain't so Gary.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

BoJo said:

And millions of voices cried out in terror...

Steve needs Lyman on his " A " Team. Stern " You will let this happen"

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Maybe the "A" team is now Borg and Lyman. I'd be fine with that.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and who is "Ronnie"?

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I was wondering the same thing.

Meant Lonnie and corrected it. Cut me some slack you know who I meant.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Derek mentioned it here and he is a pretty reliable source when it comes to Stern info. I just don't trust his new Stern reviews since it's always the best game ever and then he sells it 2 weeks later

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-popular-request-pre-order-for-steve-ritchies-next-le-pinball/page/4#post-693636

#14 11 years ago

Didn't someone say that Lyman was going to be the closer on all games and the other programmers would be the setup guys?

Also, do we even know which programmers have worked on each game recently (Tron, TAV, XMEN)?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Didn't someone say that Lyman was going to be the closer on all games and the other programmers would be the setup guys?

I could go for that.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, do we even know which programmers have worked on each game recently (Tron, TAV, XMEN)?

The IPDB shows who worked on the software for each game. You can also search by their name to see every game they were involved in.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't even know what that means.

Who actually comes up with the rules under that scenario? What does it mean to be "the closer"?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What does it mean to be "the closer"?

Winston Wolf

#19 11 years ago

Haha! Perfect!!!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

That would result in 1 slam dunk per year and two hit-or-miss games, why would Stern want to do this? The right way to go is to have Lyman involved in every game.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't even know what that means.
Who actually comes up with the rules under that scenario? What does it mean to be "the closer"?

Someone on this site said that Lyman would be doing the finishing touches on all games since he was an expert player that knows how to get a game to a finished state.

Also, IPDB probably does not have any insight as to who did the latest code updates for TAV, XMEN, or Tron. IPDB also does not know how many games have been produced by Stern. That site is another wikipedia but for pinball. You have to be careful because what you read there may not be 100 % complete or factual.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Someone on this site said that Lyman would be doing the finishing touches on all games since he was an expert player that knows how to get a game to a finished state.
Also, IPDB probably does not have any insight as to who did the latest code updates for TAV, XMEN, or Tron. IPDB also does not know how many games have been produced by Stern. That site is another wikipedia but for pinball. You have to be careful, what you read there may not be 100 % complete or factual.

Well I'm still confused about "the closer" comment. What was the point?

Not sure what the point is about IPDB and code updates either.

Quoted from Baiter:

That would result in 1 slam dunk per year and two hit-or-miss games, why would Stern want to do this? The right way to go is to have Lyman involved in every game.

NO!

I would much rather have one really good pin a year from Stern than to have Lyman spread thinly over all pins that they release.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Derek mentioned it here and he is a pretty reliable source when it comes to Stern info. I just don't trust his new Stern reviews since it's always the best game ever and then he sells it 2 weeks later
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-popular-request-pre-order-for-steve-ritchies-next-le-pinball/page/4#post-693636

The same guy that said Lyman is working on Avengers?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The right way to go is to have Lyman involved in every game.

I am all for that,Lyman definately needs to be involved with Star Trek!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I'm still confused about "the closer" comment. What was the point?
Not sure what the point is about IPDB and code updates either.

We are talking about who works on the code for a game. Does it matter if Lyman works on that game exclusively or only to get it tuned to his liking?
Many games are programmed as a group effort.

If everybody only wants games exclusively programmed by Lyman then Stern is in serious trouble and the Stern 3-pins a year business model would fall apart.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would much rather have one really good pin a year from Stern than to have Lyman spread thinly over all pins that they release.

Lyman's forte is rules. He would have plenty of time to design the rules and have someone else write the code to implement every Stern game going forward, and still have time to contribute code where he wants.

I'm not implying he needs to write all the rules but give him one game that is his and let him be the final decision maker on other games, that way we don't wind up with another X-Men, and he and Lonnie have worked well together in the past.

#27 11 years ago

I hope they integrate Lars' obnoxious snare drum sound into it somehow...

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Lyman's forte is rules. He would have plenty of time to design the rules and have someone else write the code to implement every Stern game going forward, and still have time to contribute code where he wants.
I'm not implying he needs to write all the rules but give him one game that is his and let him be the final decision maker on other games, that way we don't wind up with another X-Men, and he and Lonnie have worked well together in the past.

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. If Lyman is going to be doing the rules on all of the pins, that would be interesting. I wonder how other programmers like Lonnie would feel about that? Is Gary really going to tell the other programmers that you aren't going to be coming up with the rules anymore, only Lyman is going to do that, and everything that you do will be to implement his rules?

#29 11 years ago

If Lyman is "out" on Star Trek I will probably walk on the early buy. After the Xmen debacle with bad code on a great game I'm not going to fall for simply a good theme from Stern again.

#30 11 years ago

Star Trek is an all out, balls to the wall, all hands on deck, lcd loving, box of awesomeness....how's that for you....

#31 11 years ago

Ritchie is in and he won't them F it up.....btw....WPT is great, thanks Steve and Keith!

#32 11 years ago

Stern isnt really dumb enough to break up a magical team are they???

#33 11 years ago

If only there was a way for Lyman to clone himself so he could program all of Stern's games.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Haha! Perfect!!!

Why do you think my avatar is what it is.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ain't no higher!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If true, there is now a zero percent chance that I will pre-order Star Trek.
...and who is "Ronnie"?

there should be 0% chance of preorder anyway. Not because who designs it, but because should wait until you actually play any game you buy.

I can say right now, that the next 20 or so games made by anyone will 0% chance of me preordering.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sucker MC's should call him sire!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sucker MC's should call him sire!

To burn my kingdom, you must use fire
I won't stop rockin' till I retire

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there should be 0% chance of preorder anyway. Not because who designs it, but because should wait until you actually play any game you buy.
I can say right now, that the next 20 or so games made by anyone will 0% chance of me preordering.

I've been saying that I will NOT pre-order anything before playing, but was making a *possible* exception for a Ritchie/Lyman pin. I don't think I'd even make an exception for that now. Hopefully they will make a Premium edition so I can pick one up later if I like the pin...after playing it. Worked for me on AC/DC.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've been saying that I will NOT pre-order anything before playing, but was making a *possible* exception for a Ritchie/Lyman pin. I don't think I'd even make an exception for that now. Hopefully they will make a Premium edition so I can pick one up later if I like the pin...after playing it. Worked for me on AC/DC.

Everyone knows if you don't got the BIBLE then you don't got shit. Just ask Rarehero

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hopefully they will make a Premium edition so I can pick one up later if I like the pin...

Speaking of premium editions, where the hell is TAV premium?

#42 11 years ago

Hmm Borg and Lyman on Metallica=Very tempting. Unfortunately, all my Stern purchases are on hold no matter how tempting until they fix the XM debacle Hope they get that figured out so I could at least think about getting in on Metallica.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Speaking of premium editions, where the hell is TAV premium?

still plenty of Blue le's left. Dont hold your breath

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hopefully they will make a Premium edition so I can pick one up later if I like the pin...after playing it. Worked for me on AC/DC.

I get the feeling that as long as the LEs sell out and demand remains high Stern will make Premiums. I can't see them leaving money on the table again after Tron.

#45 11 years ago

they are not leaving money on the table for Tron. They just did another run of pro's. Tron LE would not be in demand if they made 300 LE's instead of 125 or whatever it was. Price would have been a lot more stable.

#46 11 years ago

man i'd be very disappointed if lyman is not with steve on star trek.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

TRON LE would not be in demand if they made 300 LE's instead of 125 or whatever it was.

300-400?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are not leaving money on the table for Tron. They just did another run of pro's. TRON LE would not be in demand if they made 300 LE's instead of 125 or whatever it was. Price would have been a lot more stable.

That's a pretty good point. They are still making money on the pro. I still think they would've sold more full featured Premiums though. Or even the same amount at a higher price.

Either way, going forward I think they'll sell as many as they can at the higher price point.

#50 11 years ago

thought they only made 150 Tron LE's? who the hell said that in another thread? Don't know the numbers because I never gave a shit about Tron in the grand scheme of things. Only way i'd get one is if I have shitloads of room and the wife would convince me, If I get her one, she'll play the shit out of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 26.50
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-lyman-is-doing-the-code-for-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.