EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Pretty sure we all saw that post. Pretty sure ‘most’ of us took it for what it was (not an absolute confirmation).

Also, does that IFPA state champion award have the state name misspelled? Okalhoma?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

KME already mentioned that he was working on his next title when AIQ was launched so its not really that fast of a turnaround.

Actually I believe he said he was already working on or done with the design for #5 at that time.

2 months later
#478 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

AIQ is super but not the childish display/music.

You do understand the irony baked into this statement? Grown man miffed that superhero pinball game is too childish?

Come on. That’s funny.

#501 3 years ago

Personal preference for this theme would be TOHO and early/throwback SS layout (no ramps or toys, like Seawitch/Beatles was) and a full layout like an early Bally (e.g. Skateball/Fathom).

1 week later
#542 3 years ago

Just watched Kong vs. Godzilla... am really praying it is anything, even My Pretty Pony, instead now.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Try not melting down when someone doesn’t agree with you. Will not reply to you because I try not to waste my time having a discussion with certain types of people.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that. You’re certainly a man of your word. Refreshing!

#590 3 years ago

I like giant monsters fighting. I hated it.

#593 3 years ago

Was this a thread about a Godzilla pin or a bow down and worship the latest shit-zilla movie thread?

#606 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the prior entry (Godzilla: King of the Monsters). It felt like GZ is supposed to, at least for me. I wasn’t looking for Citizen Kane but I was expecting (at least) Battleship.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

U see what happens when u listen to an idiot? it can rub off so stop kind sir before it takes.

Any advice for those of us who have already caught the idiot bug though? Do I have to carry this burden around forever, or is there a shot or some sort of deprogramming seminar or?

2 weeks later
#664 2 years ago

GOJIRAAAAA!!!

2 weeks later
#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Christ, I hope not. I'll be hard out on that after playing Jurassic Park.

Yeah. Jurassic Park was such a turd… nearly unplayable! I just keep mine around to remind myself to never buy another Elwin pin!

2 months later
#752 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No doubt there are. All about who you've done business with and how many boots you want to lick.

This seems to be a common theme from you these days - have you actually tried to put a deposit down with distributors?

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I was told Stern will not allow deposits until game is announced. Boot liking might be a loophole.

People don’t buy from Stern… they buy from distributors. Or are you saying Stern has a rule for distributors that they can’t take deposits?

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think the point here is that it's one of those "If you have the right contacts, you can pretty much reserve anything you want at any time." Do I have those contacts? Hell no. I've only ever bought 3 NIB....4 if you count Ultraman. This is not new, at all, so I don't know why anyone's expecting me to provide concrete information. Contact the distros yourself and try to see if they'll take a deposit even though the game hasn't been announced. What Stern "allows" and what actually happens are not the same thing. None of the people that are holding these slots early are going to speak up about it, because they'd be shooting their distro in the foot, and lose the chance to keep doing it.
If you think people out there aren't doing this to some extent...I've got a bridge to sell you.

The point here is:
1) You keep saying you are being excluded from something
2) It doesn’t sound like you either want to or have tried to get this thing
3) You are now saying something illicit is happening (is it?)

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

You don’t walk into Home Depot and expect them to raise MSRP to make a quick buck. A distributor should be selling at MSRP. When you sell your house, that’s equivalent to buying used from other folks.

Home Depot raise MSRP… what?

Also, if a distributor wants to sell above MSRP… don’t buy it from them. Or if you simply absolutely must have whatever that thing is - then DO buy it from them. It really is that simple.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

That’s exactly my point

I guess I missed the thread of logic where Home Depot can change the MSRP? (that pesky M standing for Manufacturer)

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

My point is that Home Depot doesn’t change the MSRP. Nor should you expect them to. And likewise, you shouldn’t expect a distributor to increase prices beyond MSRP. Does that make more sense?

No, because thats not how any of this works (the ‘this’ being capitalism). In general, you CAN get pros and premiums below MSRP. With LEs that is currently not the case (again, in general) because people might be willing to spend more than that and stock is limited.

#774 2 years ago

Ha. Okay… was something I said inaccurate?

#777 2 years ago

Yeah, I just don’t get where I have been inaccurate here - sorry guys.

I want to pay a low price and get things exactly when I want them too. But there are other people that want those same things. Capitalism is great when it works in your favor and sucks when it works against you - but it is what it is.

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

That “pesky m” means something to you but not if it hurts your argument.

I don’t understand this at all… Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, correct? So the manufacturer sets MSRP. ‘Suggested’ (not guaranteed)

Home Depot may sell above MSRP…but they can’t raise MSRP, correct?

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I really have to agree here, and we don't agree on much apparently. If the market is going to pay it anyways, I'd rather it go to the distros than flipper scumbags to fund their next game.

I agree with this as well. Not really that I think they are scumbags per se, but annoying. Adding another layer of parasites sucks for prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.