EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

Has to be Toho brand Godzilla, not this new Legendary/WB garbage.

King of Monster Island theme. Godzilla.....the Savior of Tokyo or Destroyer of Worlds! Mothra, King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, Hedorah....on & on & on. So many choices, but hopefully not another LCD match battle game like AIQ or DP.

Should be a nostalgic 70's lovefest with the classic Toho music & sounds. Blue Oyster Cult song thrown in. Classic movie clips on LCD. I can only imagine the Godzilla Atomic Breath lighting effects & sounds.

Elwin team on design/code & ZY on art. That's a slam dunk for me & might be the theme that gets me to purchase my first Elwin game.

#83 3 years ago

Know your ATOMIC BREATH...

#91 3 years ago

Since there's a lot of Godzilla love going on here, I will just post this for those who are unaware...

https://www.amazon.com/GODZILLA-SHOWA-ERA-1954-1975-Criterion-Collection/dp/B07VLJ9KB6

The Criterion Collection of Toho Godzilla films. All 15 classics. Japanese & English tracks. Released last year. You don't get any better than a Criterion release when it comes to Blu-ray. It would be nice if this was a 4K release, but for these films it really doesn't matter.

Now all they need to do is release another collection with the underrated rebooted Heisei/Millenium Era (1984-2004), which are great in their own right & had much better special effects.

I really enjoyed Shin Godzilla (even got to see it in theaters for it's very brief US release), and as far as I understand thanks to it's success, Toho studios plans on creating a new shared Godzilla universe, with new films based on different classic Kaiju & begin releasing in 2021. I'll take Japanese releases over big-budget Hollywood interpretations anyday.

Toho Godzilla pinball would be a home run for Elwin & Stern IMO.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's the one. I forgot which one it was, but it was so disturbing that sold it real quick. The others were not impressive either. I stick with the older series (love them all, even the Smog Monster), and the new material is pretty good. Not perfect, but what are you going to do.
Have you had a chance to check to the trilogy of Gamera films from the 90's? There were excellent. Wonderfull blend of traditional "man in suit" and GCI. Just watched one a few weeks ago - wish they made more of those.
There was another Japanese film around that time called Orchachi - The Eight Headed Dragon - or something like that. Check it out if you get a chance.

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera 2: Attack of Legion, Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Amazing trilogy for Kaiju fans!

That's funny you should mention that, because new special editions of the Showa & Heisei eras of Gamera are coming out on bluray later this month. I will definitly pick up the 90s era since I've never seen before.

https://www.amazon.com/Gamera-Collection-4-Disc-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B08LNF3XC7/ref=pd_lpo_74_t_1/131-1587287-9698334

https://www.amazon.com/Gamera-Heisei-Collection-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B08LNL4FWT/ref=pd_lpo_74_img_2/131-1587287-9698334

8 months later
#1290 2 years ago

* Keith/Yeti knocked it out of the park once again. The best team-up at Stern IMO.

* Stern engineers really earned their paycheck on the premium design. Rising/Collapsing building, breakable bridge jump ramp, rotating mechagodzilla banks/spinner/magnet mech. Throw in diverting building ramps, unique magnet post, upper flipper cross-shot, cool physical ball locks..... looks like a winner. I mean how can you seriously look at the design & features on the premium & not be impressed? Especially when comparing this to something new like Led Zeppelin? Even the backboard has molded buildings! Harrison Drake.... you the man!

* I find only 13 RGB LEDs to be REFRESHING. Enough of the clown-puke insert/GI RGB trend found in so many other new games. It's distracting & makes it hard to see the ball. When you tastefully use RGBs in your design, it makes it clearer for the player to know where to shoot the ball, or adds some tasteful mode lighting effects.

* Love the Japanese speech option! If you watch Japanese films with English dubs, you're doing it wrong! Nice touch Keith

Really looking forward to playing this one. If Spooky had gotten the licence it wouldn't have come anywhere close to this level of Elwin design.

#1383 2 years ago

Just let me hit the apron button to fire my ATOMIC BREATH!

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, I think Tanio used it at least once based on what was shown on the LCD and it's exactly why I said I don't think they've done it justice in the code yet, there should be some really cool light show when you're holding that down.

They also said the difficulty of activating the atomic breath increases the more you use it. You have to hold the apron button down longer & it takes longer to get to 100% after each use. Which means less time with your hand on your flippers. Risk vs reward.

Little stuff like this turns good games into great games, and Keith's titles are loaded with coding nuggets like this.
heat ray (resized).JPGheat ray (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.