EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 3 years ago

I've had my Avatar for 6 years, so it shows where I stand on this pin being made but I have to be honest: I've bashed Stern pretty hard on their QC and customer service. I was hoping for Charlie (Spooky) to make it but that isn't a reality anymore. I will probably wait and see if the playfields are still being made like crap and buy later down the road and see where the price is going on the used market and send it to HEP to do his magic on it. I'm 58 years old and it is my "Grail" pin to be made so I would have no issue sending to HEP to make it perfect.
GODZILLA: LONG LIVE THE KING

2 weeks later
#179 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So possible 2021 release!

It might happen, the movie has just been pushed up for a March release instead of May.
Here is the beginning part of the article about the movie's release:

A truly monstrous showdown is about to take place ahead of schedule.

Warner Bros. bumped up the release date of Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, two months earlier than its previously scheduled May date. (The COVID-19 pandemic previously delayed the film from a November 2020 release.) Per Warner's new release strategy, the film will be available in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously.

Come on Stern, get on this NOW!!!

#194 3 years ago

I'm going to wait and buy second hand only because a NIB Stern CAN NOT be trusted for quality, customer service and code. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I'll possibly buy a bunch of mods and a used pin and send it all to HEP to do his magic. Stern screwed Charlie really bad on this license because I would have bought a NIB from Spooky in a heart beat but unfortunately we are stuck with Stern and their absolute crap ass QC department/customer service.

#219 3 years ago

Just my thoughts on the trailer and the up coming movie: Godzilla is on our side in the last couple of movies. In the trailer he's swimming through a battle ship, in the other movie, he swims under the ships: WHY??? I say because that Godzilla in those scenes is really Mecha Godzilla wearing a Godzilla skin to make the real Godzilla look bad and confuse Kong, just like the TOHO movie: Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla. When the real Godzilla shows up, kong doesn't know the difference and fights the real Godzilla. Then at some point they will realize that we need to team up to destroy Mecha Godzilla.
And as far as Kong goes, they needed to give him an ax in the movie to even stand a chance because all Godzilla has to do is fire his atomic breath at him and cook him like a steak.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

As long as my man, G-zilla, is still King of the monsters when all is said and done, I'll be happy camper. If they ultimately kill off Godzilla in favor of the furry ape, they got some 'splainin to do!!
Very much looking forward to the movie, and any pinball updates.

If they kill him off, they might as well kiss the Monsterverse series of future movies goodbye and flush it down the toilet. This may sound crazy but I may find out if they do kill him off before seeing the movie, that way they won't get my money.
In the last 2 movies, Godzilla did what he had to do and left in peace when in turn he could have destroyed everything in his path against mankind.
If they screw this up, I will be royally pissed to no end and I don't want to hear that there will be a resurrection in the next movie in 2-3 years.
When they killed off Spock, the backlash was unbelievable and the movie dudes probably said: shit, we just lost the Star Trek followers for future movies...
(we lose money) Let's resurrect Spock from the dead and see if they come back and spend their money.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Did they just end the trailer with the final deathblow? Boooo......

My "guess" is when Kong nails the ax blow, it will tear the Godzilla fake skin off to reveal Mecha Godzilla.

#232 3 years ago

The "bad guys" are called The Crypto-Zoological Agency: Monarch
The leader of Monarch bought the head of Ghidorah at the end of the last movie from the fisherman.
Maybe using the alien DNA, they create a skin for Mecha Godzilla.....???

WRONG INFORMATION posted above, sorry about that. The answer to who Alan Jonah (the bad guy) is listed below

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Monarch isn't who bought the head at the end. That terrorist group did.

You are 100% correct and that is my mistake, as I obviously wrote down the wrong information. Thanks for correcting me.
Hopefully this helps explain the original question.

Alan Jonah is a mercenary leader who appeared in the 2019 Legendary Pictures film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Formerly a British Army Colonel and MI6 agent, Jonah bore witness to the worst of human nature during his expansive military career. Mankind's endless cruelty and capacity for violence drove Jonah to resent his fellow man and finally defect from MI6 in 2004. Influenced by revolutionary propaganda, Jonah became a mercenary and eco-terrorist leader, developing a strange preoccupation with the Titans. This led Jonah to attempt to enter a MUTO dig site in 2005, only to be caught and detained in Pakistan.[1] Still, Jonah proved resourceful and continuously escaped custody over the following decade as he carried out an unclear plan to use the Titans to end humanity's reign on the Earth. Designated a Class-1 eco-terror threat by Monarch, his current whereabouts are unknown.

#243 3 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

Pass the A1 sauce please.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This might also explain why Stern has the license, its possible they were approached by Warner

You may be right but the only "license" I know Stern has is from TOHO. Did Warner approach Stern...??? Who knows.
Back when Stern screwed Charlie at Spooky from getting the TOHO license, Charlie was asked if he would seek the "New Godzilla" license and he said no.
If anyone can totally F this one up, it will be Stern, I hope I'm wrong.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern doesn't cap games sales at 500 or 750 their goal is to sell them globally and considering Godzilla is most popular in Japan/Asia it makes sense to partner with a company who has international distribution sales team. Stern has a sales team in Japan and virtually every other country.

Never thought about it in that way, good post.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern please don't screw this up like you did Avengers... give us the movie tie in!

I do NOT want to see your corny cartoon CGI graphics I want to see GODZILLA!

And if this happens ^^^^^^^ I will save myself a lot of money.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Honestly I would prefer the newer films for pinball over the TOHO because of the quality of images, but I'm okay with either. I just love Godzilla.

Me too. One of my childhood models that survived from the early/mid 60's. Dated 1964 on the bottom.

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpg
#255 3 years ago

^^^^^ BTW, what is TOHO Godzilla? ^^^^^

Toho Co., Ltd. is a Japanese film, theater production and distribution company. It has its headquarters in Chiyoda, Tokyo and is one of the core companies of the Hankyu Hanshin Toho Group.
Goggle search "TOHO" and get the complete history

#285 3 years ago

Maybe one, maybe the other....???

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=gjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.